Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I just want the bodyguards to be Phantom Troupe members so we can actually continue that whole plot

the expedition is going to arrive at the gatekeepers or whatever they were called's settlement and in the center of it will just be a massive statue of chrollo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actually, topic of Chrollo, I wonder why they haven't broken Kurapika's thing on him. They have Abengane, who can do that, but if it were broken Kurapika would flip out, since he's said he'd know if it were; given that he hasn't reacted to that, plus the Meteor City ant thing where they decided on an interim leader, we can assume that it's not broken yet, unless there's something weird going on there.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Abengane's nen beast grows with the severity of the nen he removes right? It may have something to do with that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They found a guy who could fix it eventually. poo poo takes time.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I thought they had explained that, but I don't remember the specifics. Looking at the wiki, it's not the Troupe that has Abengane, it's Hisoka, which causes a number of difficulties.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kytrarewn posted:

I thought they had explained that, but I don't remember the specifics. Looking at the wiki, it's not the Troupe that has Abengane, it's Hisoka, which causes a number of difficulties.

Hisoka cares a lot about getting a fight with Chrollo and he doesn't care about guys who can't fight. I kinda doubt he'd interfere with the process.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Actually, topic of Chrollo, I wonder why they haven't broken Kurapika's thing on him. They have Abengane, who can do that, but if it were broken Kurapika would flip out, since he's said he'd know if it were; given that he hasn't reacted to that, plus the Meteor City ant thing where they decided on an interim leader, we can assume that it's not broken yet, unless there's something weird going on there.

Remember Abengane still had to fulfill the conditions of Genthurus ability before the Nen Beast went away, that's why he gave Gon the info that he did, so there was a small chance of him being able to remove it. It's very likely you can't use Nen until you find a way to remove it or something very strict like that, especially considering the strength of Kurapikas ability towards the Troupe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The beast has eaten the nen blade presumably so it's not technically removed. So he can use Nen but theres a giant beast attached to him or the exorciser.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the leaks have begun

hanzo confirmed

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Stairmaster posted:

the leaks have begun

hanzo confirmed

Life is worth living.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

the leaks have begun

hanzo confirmed

Think really hard about Togashi's track record with people from the hunter's exam who aren't Gon, Killua, Hisoka, and Illumi. Is it a good thing Hanzo is back or is this a bad thing?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

Think really hard about Togashi's track record with people from the hunter's exam who aren't Gon, Killua, Hisoka, and Illumi. Is it a good thing Hanzo is back or is this a bad thing?

It's a good thing and I won't hear otherwise.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Stairmaster posted:

hanzo confirmed
GET HYPE.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stairmaster posted:

the leaks have begun

hanzo confirmed

I'm surprisingly happy that I accidentally moused over that spoiler.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i am ready for terrible things to happen to a beloved character

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yes, it's going to be so sad when Hisoka gets killed off by the new guy.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i believe in hanzo

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I'm surprisingly happy that I accidentally moused over that spoiler.

This makes me want to hover...

e: :getin:

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Hisoka cares a lot about getting a fight with Chrollo and he doesn't care about guys who can't fight. I kinda doubt he'd interfere with the process.

I just meant that there were some trust issues there, in both sides, that complicate the process. I don't know that even Hisoka would necessarily want to expose himself to the entire Troupe while they are so annoyed with him, nor do I know that they want to trust Chrollo's well-being with Hisoka when there may be another option for exorcism.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

PANIC

http://readms.com/r/hunter_x_hunter/350/3354/1

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it only returns so it may one day, soon, leave us again

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
I look forward to see what assholes each of the remaining princes are, if Tserriednich thought they were scum

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
Time to re-read this arc because i have no idea what is going on here anymore.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Oh my god there were so many words and i forgot all about what this prince bs is

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The last remaining collector of the Scarlet Eyes that Kurapika is hunting down is one of the princes of the country that's sponsoring the expedition to the Dark Continent. By sheer coincidence, they're having a literal battle for succession on the boat trip, which the Hunters are getting caught up in.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Chiming in to say I loved the fight between Morel and Cheetu. Morel completely flipping Cheetu's power back at him was fantastic.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ohhhhh shiiiiiiiiit hanzo

It's going to be extra heartbreaking when the hiatus happens now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hanzo's cool, but I really don't want Melody to die. The other two... eh.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'd been rewatching the anime and I distinctly remember thinking "Hey, I wonder what happened to Kurapika's mentor?" so it's nice to see him, as well as my boy Hanzo.

I want to say also, I loving love how Kurapika is just in charge of the mafia now.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
It's kind of eerie how Togashi just picks up all the pieces of this convoluted scenario so easily after such a long gap. Some of the stuff here reminds me of Liar's Game.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Biscuit is still the Bescuit

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Butt Ghost posted:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This looks like it's going to be fun. I recommend at least reading the last chapter to refresh yourself on who the princes are.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Butt Ghost posted:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

It's kind of eerie how Togashi just picks up all the pieces of this convoluted scenario so easily after such a long gap. Some of the stuff here reminds me of Liar's Game.

Hopefully it won't have the same type of wet fart ending.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oxxidation posted:

i think this is proof he's not got writers block and can direct the series so we don't have to suffer

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Facebox

:allears:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Rohan Kishibe posted:

I want to say also, I loving love how Kurapika is just in charge of the mafia now.

He's also a member of the Zodiacs and, by the end of this arc, will probably be chief guard of the new baby king or some poo poo. The guy is going to accidentally take over the world looking for those drat eyes.

Speaking of the Zodiacs, isn't this kind of a conflict of interest for him? Like, he's getting himself directly involved in the internal politics of the country that is funding Beyond's expedition.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

He's also a member of the Zodiacs and, by the end of this arc, will probably be chief guard of the new baby king or some poo poo. The guy is going to accidentally take over the world looking for those drat eyes.

Speaking of the Zodiacs, isn't this kind of a conflict of interest for him? Like, he's getting himself directly involved in the internal politics of the country that is funding Beyond's expedition.

Assuming he succeeds as a body guard. With togashi writing you really can't take that for granted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I am really looking forward to Ten Little Indians on a boat. Togashi is really good at setting up additional limitations , beyond simple skill levels between opponents, so I also wonder what weird conditions this succession game will have.