Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

cash crab posted:

This is the only one of his posts that even remotely seems like a joke.

Mauling all those innocent pecan embryos :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

cash crab posted:

Vogan??

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Artisan Soy Sauce and Ketchup are both very real things. High end bottles of soy sauce from renowned distilleries often go for prices you normally associate with Wine in Japan. Because it's fermented you get the same things you associate with wine, where different breweries have signature molds and yeasts they have been brewing and using for hundreds of years along with all kinds of secrets and special barrels etc.

I'm not so much a believer in artisan ketchup but a local burger place makes their own and it's very good, has a sort of slightly spicy balsamic vinegar flavor to it that's very nice. I would never pay 6 dollars for a bottle of it but if someone told me they really cared about food and that was the only kind they bought I could see why.

This place is incredibly hipster, but I'm a public historian so I like it. They make their own catsups (and everything else for that matter) based on historic recipes: http://www.americaeatstavern.com/index.php/menu/

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits,
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles,
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer. [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and slipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turling dromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don't.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

cash crab posted:

Why does he want to deny cows the pleasure of having their nipples squeezed.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
The Tampa Bay Times ran this story about the "farm-to-table" movement and how tons of restaurants straight up lie about where they source their food from.

http://www.tampabay.com/projects/2016/food/farm-to-fable/restaurants/

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't get why "sustainable" is always one of the buzzwords that is thrown around with the farm to table movement. How is it sustainable of only the wealthy can afford to eat like that?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I can sort of see the baguette holder because they're the one item 1000000% most likely to fall out of my normal reuseable bags. So if you eat an absolute crapload of baguettes, then fine.

bringmyfishback posted:

What.........what happened to you?

Pork belly is like biting into jello made of grease. It's entirely inedible.

Pick fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 14, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

I can sort of see the baguette holder because they're the one item 1000000% most likely to fall out of my normal reuseable bags. So if you eat an absolute crapload of baguettes, then fine.

Pork belly is like biting into jello made of grease. It's entirely inedible.

You have had some extremely poorly prepared pork belly, cause if it's good it's outwardly crispy and fatty and extremely flavorable. Same with pork tails, which are like the most delicious pork flavored chicken wings I've ever eaten.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

McSpergin posted:

My friend is in a ribs club that just went there and raved about it

This is the whitest thing I have ever read.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008
lol this dumb gently caress sells his milk at $7 for a half gallon. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/13/dining/milk-dairy-locavore.html

quote:

Standing in the dim basement of a meatpacking plant in the West Loop neighborhood, a 35-year-old start-up founder named Travis Pyykkonen conjured up a wholesome vision that was almost bucolic.

In one corner, Mr. Pyykkonen imagined a milk bar where customers could add blackberry-basil or banana-almond butter to fresh milk pasteurized on site. Over by some derelict filing cabinets, he saw a case for yogurt parfaits and house-made ice creams.

“What do we call ourselves?” he asked. “A microdairy. Like a microbrewery.”

DARPA Dad fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 15, 2016

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Aesop Poprock posted:

Was this cafe Rosa Rosa? The Sugar Bowl? Cause the former had amazing spaghetti pizza and the second one is trash

Cafe Rosa Rosa. I will clarify that Rosa Rosa's pizza was OK, I just always disliked the the spaghetti version. The Sugar Bowl opened up about halfway through my tenure at college and I don't think they served spaghetti pizza while I was there. I used to live down the street though and that place had really bad but really cheap pizza ($5 pies). Perfect for a poor college student looking for drunk eats.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LogisticEarth posted:

Cafe Rosa Rosa. I will clarify that Rosa Rosa's pizza was OK, I just always disliked the the spaghetti version. The Sugar Bowl opened up about halfway through my tenure at college and I don't think they served spaghetti pizza while I was there. I used to live down the street though and that place had really bad but really cheap pizza ($5 pies). Perfect for a poor college student looking for drunk eats.

Yeah I don't know why spaghetti pizza has become A Thing in Lancaster but there's a bunch of places that do it now. I ordered one from JD Pazzos I'm Ephrata (where I currently live) semi recently and it was impossible to finish an entire pie of it, even with help over the course of a week. I ended up throwing 2 slices out. It seriously weighed about 10lbs

I'm not complaining though cause this food trend is delicious to me but it's also like a once or twice a year thing cause its gotta be the most calorie bomb cheese disaster you can cram in your mouth

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Here's pictures of cafe rosa Rosa's spaghetti pizza btw

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Aesop Poprock posted:

You have had some extremely poorly prepared pork belly, cause if it's good it's outwardly crispy and fatty and extremely flavorable. Same with pork tails, which are like the most delicious pork flavored chicken wings I've ever eaten.

Also the not-crispy kind in the form of chashu. Well made chashu is incredible and melts on your tongue.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's weird, when I had it I don't recall the "top" crust. But this was like 12-13 years ago. Either way, it's just "bread-starch-sauce-bread", just don't get it. Good pizza is all about quality crust, sauce, and a proper ratio of cheese. Toppings that work tend to be either proteins or non-starchy veggies.

DARPA Dad
Dec 9, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

But that's not spaghetti

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DARPA Dad posted:

But that's not spaghetti

You can see the spaghetti and sauce poking through the lattice. It's basically that with a ton of cheese. I always get it with added meatballs too

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

cash crab posted:

Read this as "I love puking raw milk."

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
It's low-hanging fruit, but I loving hate that nobody else eats their goddamn food anymore. Everyone has to pull out a cell phone and insta tweet it from eight different angles before they take a bite.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I never liked baguettes, I can't fathom the appeal of them at all. Garlic Bread is OK.

Baguette has to be eaten fresh. If it's afternoon when you buy it, spritz it with water and put it back in a hot oven for perhaps 10 minutes. You may need to spritz it again and watch it closely.

If you buy Baguette after 10 am, it's going to be very hard. Also, check if they use the official recipe. "French Bread" ain't Baguette.

It should have a very hard crust that you have to peel off with your fingers and eat with a nice soft cheese or just a bit of butter. I like to use Camenbert. Spreads like butter if it's runny enough. The inside of the loaf should be moist and flavorful, just eat that plain. If it's a day old, you shouldn't even be able to break it over your knee. Slice it and use it for French Onion Soup or make croutons.

At 2 days old, it becomes lethal as a weapon. Give up at that point.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

cash crab posted:

Why is it specified that the milk is raw? Who the gently caress pasteurizes pecan milk.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Fresh new UK trend -- serve chips in pint glasses so they can get soggy as fast as possible:

Also, enjoy getting salt and grease up to your wrist as you struggle to fish out the last few.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Thursday Next posted:

It's low-hanging fruit, but I loving hate that nobody else eats their goddamn food anymore. Everyone has to pull out a cell phone and insta tweet it from eight different angles before they take a bite.

Tell us more about those newfangled trends that kids these days are into and how you don't understand and what it was like back in your day

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

davidspackage posted:

Also, enjoy getting salt and grease up to your wrist as you struggle to fish out the last few.
Um, they're in a glass, you upend it and drink them???

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

mostlygray posted:

At 2 days old, it becomes lethal as a weapon. Give up at that point.

Anybody who knows anything about dwarfish tradition knows that offensive bakery is the key to victory.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Thursday Next posted:

I disagree because it's real cool to see people post cool meals to me. You can be obsessive and weird about it like you can be with anything but I think it's cool to be able to see how restaurants I'll probably never go to prepare and plate food

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

I have that genetic thing that makes all brassicas (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, cauliflower etc are all actually cultivars of the same plant) taste like horrible rotten bitter piss. I'm very happy kale is out of fashion and not lurking in ambush anymore.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Screaming Idiot posted:

Anybody who knows anything about dwarfish tradition knows that offensive bakery is the key to victory.

My personal favorite are Battle Baguettes.

Humboldt Squid posted:

I have that genetic thing that makes all brassicas (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, cauliflower etc are all actually cultivars of the same plant) taste like horrible rotten bitter piss. I'm very happy kale is out of fashion and not lurking in ambush anymore.

I'm OK with sprouts and some broccoli; but cabbage, kale and cauliflower :barf:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Screaming Idiot posted:

You have my loaf.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Pick posted:

the problem with the baguette holder is it costs like $200
you gotta eat a LOT of baguettes to get your money's worth there

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Gridlocked posted:

My personal favorite are Battle Baguettes.

My husband worked as a baker for a long time and back in 2012 he made me several swords and an AK-47 out of baguette. I still have them, hard as rocks. Utterly petrified.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

vaguely posted:

the problem with the baguette holder is it costs like $200
you gotta eat a LOT of baguettes to get your money's worth there

The more sensible thing would be one of those tubes you use to carry large posters, which already exist and are like $10!

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Jia posted:

Tell us more about those newfangled trends that kids these days are into and how you don't understand and what it was like back in your day

They probably didn't have these, kids these days

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Who the hell thought food served in mason jars was a good idea?

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

Whoever invented mason jars did. But that was for jam/pickles not burgers or whatever that is. And at least the need for cupcake wrappers is a warning that the cook had no idea what they were doing.

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx
I like those cake in a jar things. I've never had one, I just think they're neat.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

cash crab posted:

They probably didn't have these, kids these days

Whatever those things are I want all of them.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Are those sliders? How are you even supposed to get them out, uppend them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey when did cash crab become a mod?