Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
Waking up to the bombshell Derek Dropped last night and the 10 pages after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

Waking up to the bombshell Derek Dropped last night and the 10 pages after that.

Could you replace a bottle or two with Disco's (gl)rear end wipes?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

:vince:

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

SelenicMartian posted:

Could you replace a bottle or two with Disco's (gl)rear end wipes?

its something

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Langosta Paleface posted:

So much for Ben (and everyone else I guess) being human. If he were then you guys wouldn't gain so much joy from making GBS threads on him.

gently caress this thread I hope it dies etc.

SA enjoys making GBS threads on lovely human beings. And while arguments have been made that Ben is nice IRL before, the truth of it is more than apparent that he's far moreso the 'nice guy' sort of nice (and with even less spine than is usual for such and moreso being pathetic). In the end he very much so is a lovely human being for dismissing any kind of concern (no matter how legitimate) that has to do with actual community handling and then basically letting people like DickWulf run out any woman backer from their community without any action taken and the women being the ones probated/punished/in one case banned from a RL event, solely because a) Those stalkers happen to be huge whales and b) He probably felt sympathetic to them, now that we can see exactly what sort of person he not only was but still likely is.

So gently caress him and gently caress you too for thinking that fat waste of space should be defended as opposed to called out by this point for the utterly unqualified lump of lard he is.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Now we have the Germans onboard, let's kick off with one of my favs.

Quarkspitzen
Unsere traditionellen Fasnetsküchle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeESV3S_HTI

Zutaten
500 g Quark, Magerstufe
5 EL Zucker
3 Pck. Vanillezucker
2 Zitrone(n), unbehandelt
3 EL Öl, neutrales
6 EL Milch
1 Prise(n) Salz
7 Ei(er)
3 EL Rum
500 g Mehl
1 Pck. Backpulver
1 1/4 Liter Öl, zum Ausbacken
Zucker, zum Wälzen

Zubereitung

Arbeitszeit: ca. 1 Std. / Schwierigkeitsgrad: normal / Kalorien p. P.: keine Angabe
Die Zitronen heiß waschen, gut abtrocknen und die Schale fein abreiben.

Alle Zutaten, bis auf das Mehl und das Backpulver, in eine große Schüssel geben und zusammenrühren. Dann das mit Backpulver vermischte Mehl unterrühren. Der Rum dient dazu, dass das Gebäck nicht so viel Fett aufsaugt.

Das Frittieröl in einem Edelstahl-Topf auf mittlerer Stufe erhitzen. Mit einem Esslöffel Nocken abstechen, in das heiße Fett geben und langsam ausbacken. Kurz auf Küchenkrepp abtropfen lassen und noch heiß in Zucker wälzen.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Kakarot posted:

So when did you start working for CIG?

I'm not really sure when I was turned. Thanks Ben!

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Experimental Skin posted:

I'm not really sure when I was turned. Thanks Ben!

Wait, I mean, No, I don't work for CIG. Thanks for asking.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
welcome friends

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guys, is it really okay to dig up stupid embarrassing poo poo that Ben did and start tweeting it at him? Is it possible that he know's how dumb it was and that he's closed that chapter of his life? Does his current social circle need to be introduced/reintroduced to this stuff?

So much for Ben (and everyone else I guess) being human. If he were then you guys wouldn't gain so much joy from making GBS threads on him.

Ben tweeted the website himself. Don't blame us.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

But wait! There's more!

Note the donut box and the butter knife with crap all up the handle.

And Ben really did tweet the website out to everyone. We were just making jokes here. HE made this thing public.

Journal of Ben Lesnick:

quote:

A new H&R Block opened downstairs and they dropped a box of Dunkin Donuts donut holes off at my desk to advertise. I'm slowly eating them all. They have an odd taste... a brown powdered sugar on the outside, but with an unusual level of crunch when you bite into them.

I'm going to try walking to the grocery store at lunch; what treasures will I find? What mysteries will I unlock? Maybe a new kind of Oreo?

They have invented a new kind of Snickers that has caffeine in it. I recently tried the Mint Three Muskateers and wass *immensely* disappointed. Way to spring dark chocolate on me, jerks.

I'm going to get a weekend where I can just sit in my chair with a bottle of Scotch and some M&Ms for two days.

They sell giant chipwhiches across the street and they're incredibly expensive.

It's Valentine's Day at work and there's candy and cupcakes and stuff everywhere. Free food is one of the great benefits of working for a school system

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

spacetoaster posted:

Ben tweeted the website himself. Don't blame us.

Wait I thought this was a shop someone in here made.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

spacetoaster posted:

Note the donut box and the butter knife with crap all up the handle.

If you ever buy or make real peanut butter, it is sometimes necessary to jam the knife all the way down because the solids and oils separate out and gently caress if I can ever get everything mixed together nicely. But this is Jif, so :lol: Ben, just :lol:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i reverse image searched this

jesus christ, poor regina kay walters :smith:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

G0RF posted:

Frontier offers new details about The Engineers and it's looking pretty substantial...

Here's a couple of pics of crafted unique weapons-- but the whole summary is worth it.
Honestly I'm looking forward to the little quality of life upgrades in the form of the shop categories and the actual numerical weapon stats almost as much as the expanded content.

P.S.

Ya Whoah Did Ehp Did Eh Woh Did

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait I thought this was a shop someone in here made.

Yes, it's a shop I made (very poorly).

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

D_Smart posted:

I am working on a new bombshell blog that revolves around the following:

1) Foundry 42 is not a registered company in Germany. This has been 100% confirmed by my researchers. Which means that they are operating illegally

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

Nope, no listing: https://www.unternehmensregister.de/ureg/?submitaction=language&language=en

Won't comment on the other stuff, but couldn't Foundry 42 in Frankfurt just be a permanent establishment of Foundry 42 Ltd in the UK? That's perfectly legit, and in that case, it wouldn't be a separate legal entity. They'd still probably have to pay German tax and file paperwork, though.

EDIT: also hooooooly gently caress the Ben stuff. Here's a search for "kerri" in the big archive portion:

http://www.hamtwoslices.net/trelane/index.php?query=kerri

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

grimcreaper posted:

Yeah... I have to be careful with cheeses because they tend to turn my dreams into Until Dawn levels of hosed up. I have a serious problem with hypnopompic hallucinations and holy loving poo poo can some of that stuff cause problems when you see it in real life. Not sure how to describe it accurately, but imagine waking up from a nightmare where this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fyxlYHamAw&t=1218s is coming after you, you wake up, but its still crawling on your wall looking at you. You know its not real, but you hear it, see it, and feel its breath on you.

Nothing quite like your heart racing at 190+ bpm right after something like that and then having a massive anxiety attack lasting for 6 hours after.

Holy poo poo that happens to me and I never realized it was a thing. I'll sit up in bed and yell at the demons/goblins/giant spiders/floating orbs while still asleep, thinking I'm wide awake.

Sorry, I've just never met anyone who had experienced that before. Does anything else besides cheese set it off?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Breetai posted:

Honestly I'm looking forward to the little quality of life upgrades in the form of the shop categories and the actual numerical weapon stats almost as much as the expanded content.

P.S.

W

T

F????!!!?!?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I believe in Chris Roberts' dream. All you wannabe critics should just shut the gently caress up until you have made anything approaching the greatness of acclaimed Chris Roberts projects such as Lord of War or Privateer

He has a consistent record of delivering on time and within budget, at the same time challenging the limits of what others believed possible. It's our fault - and the fault of the publishers standing in his way - that we only now get to witness the entirety of his capabilities.

People making GBS threads on Star Citizen by pointing to examples of other games' development make themselves victim to two fallacies. First, they mistake the ordinary turbulence inherent to the creative process with underlying management issues. Many other games have shown us that we cannot expect a smooth ride towards our objective, but that the wait is almost always worth it. It's inherently dishonest to judge Star Citizen by other standards.

Second, Star Citizen has a scope and a vision beyond any of that we have ever witnessed. There is no staked-out path for CIG to choose - instead they are forced to map every crossroads they encounter. In years we will be talking about the pre- and post-Star Citizen generations of game development. It is therefore dishonest to judge Star Citizen by other games' standards.

I hope that we can shift our discourse to a more constructive tone, shelving the entitlement and rage issues that so many posters suffer. It is our place to affirm and support CIG in its efforts, not to throw twigs in their cogwheels and be upset when they bend or break.

Thank you for reading, community that I am part of

S U in the C

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Note how clean the stove is, I would dare say because it's probably never used (as hinted by the pizza and donut boxes).

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Palisader posted:

Holy poo poo that happens to me and I never realized it was a thing. I'll sit up in bed and yell at the demons/goblins/giant spiders/floating orbs while still asleep, thinking I'm wide awake.

Sorry, I've just never met anyone who had experienced that before. Does anything else besides cheese set it off?

I think some fin-de-siecle writers used raw meat? I could be mistaken

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Lime Tonics posted:

So let me get this straight.

Person A buys ships, sells it to person B.

person B grey markets it to person C.

Person A charge backs ship sold to person B.

Person C is effected? what?

What kind of scam they got running there?

all the while cig plaid up and down with lti as a marketing ploy to extract more money and increase the value of those ships.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

T.G. Xarbala posted:

i reverse image searched this

jesus christ, poor regina kay walters :smith:

Woah. Yes, Ben. Your loving "joke" site

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CrazyTolradi posted:

Note how clean the stove is, I would dare say because it's probably never used (as hinted by the pizza and donut boxes).

My stove is a horror.

For those of you still tuning in to the insanity that happened late yesterday you can check the last page or so of my posting in this thread.

And I made a turkey yesterday in honor of Ben.

And here is why I will forever associate turkey with ben!

NSFW!!!!!!

This is the retelling of the epic "Flight Of The Burkey" of olden times.

Ben stood upon the main observation deck of his Javelin, giggling as the Dissidents formed a blockade around the undock point. A few frigates were still trying to escape, he noticed. Cowards. Traitors. Faggots. Ben turned away and, muttering to himself of cowards and faggots, screamed for another “burkey” (The burkey was something he had devised himself, and that he was particularly proud of: A whole turkey, wrapped in bacon, then deep-fried. Ben had touted it as the most delicious foodstuff known to man and had attempted to market the idea in 'verse, although rumours of it being produced via slave labour destroyed any potential customers in the mainly white region.)

Chris watched as Ben tore into the turkey, licking the outside first to ensure none of the delicious grease fell onto the floor. His face was a mask of indifference, though on the inside he seethed with disgust. How, he thought to himself, did I end up working for this brute. I mean, I’ve got the brooding look, the black clothes, that special cast to my eyes that makes me look sneaky. How the gently caress did I end up here? None of his turmoil was apparent on the outside. He stayed at the window for a few more seconds, wishing that he could see the silhouette his dashing, black-clad figure cast against the infinite void.

Derek and Wulf lay entwined on the massive 4-poster bed in Derek’s sleeping quarters. They were aboard Derek’s Battlecruiser, the Warlord, and with little to do during the long journey they had fallen back on their favourite pastime – kink. Derek rubbed his hand down Wulf’s back, marveling at the feel of the smooth leather gimp suit. Wulf shuddered in ecstasy as Derek’s hand rounded the curve of his buttock, tracing patterns into the leather with his fingers. “Please, sir” grunted Wulf, “discipline me again. I have been a naughty, naughty boy. Yiff.” Derek smirked to himself, pleased that he would again exert his will on another. He rose to his feet beside the bed, and wrapped Wulf’s choke-chain around his hand. He smiled lovingly at Wulf for a second, then in an instant he was pulling viciously at the chain, seemingly seeking to choke the very life out of his gimp. Wulf was dragged out of bed and across the cold, metal floor. Derek liked nothing better than to drag his bitch around the room for a while, to ensure that Wulf knew who was in charge; who it was that led, and who it was that followed. His manhood grew harder as his ardour rose, Wulf’s every gasp echoed in the throbbing of his love muscle. Finally he stopped, and dropped his trousers. “Suck”. Wulf was desperately trying to loosen the chain around his neck, and was a second too slow in engulfing his master’s member. Derek fist crashed against the side of Wulf’s head, knocking him to the floor in a daze. Derek leant down and placed his cock in Wulf’s mouth, thrusting it further and further down his helpless slave’s throat. Finally Derek found his release, shuddering and then falling still. He removed his dick from Wulf’s mouth, gazing down at the lifeless body of his companion. Smirking, he rose to his feet and opened his cabin door. “Somebody come and get this piece of trash, it’s cluttering up my floor” he shouted into the corridor. Immediately two goons stepped into the room, hoisted the limp body of Wulf between them, and left again. They had done this many times, and knew well that their master punished inefficiency. “Oh, and inform the clone bay that we need another Wulfie!” called Derek to their hastily retreating backs. He turned and gazed out of the porthole at the station suspended in the distance, reflecting on the circumstances that had brought he and his fleet to this backwater constellation. One of Ben’s officers had publicly made a joke about one of Derek’s acquaintances. The man had taken some mindflood and a handful of blue pills, and had then piloted his pod out into the industrial shipping lanes, without ensuring his clone was up to date. A passing freighter had crushed the man like a bug. Derek had shed no tears, for he hardly knew the man and inwardly thought it fitting that such a stupid action was so harshly rewarded. However, it was the justification he needed to ensure that this oaf Ben and his fleet of backers would rise no higher. They had begun to shake the pillars of his Industry’s foundations, and that could not be tolerated.

Ben’s huge fist slammed into the backer’s face, shattering his jaw and relocating his nose. Blood sprayed across the floor as the backer flew backwards, coming to rest against the far wall. “I wanted honey glazed ham, you loving prick!” screamed Ben, white specks of saliva appearing at the corners of his mouth. “Honey glazed, you human being, not a goddamn roast with apple sauce! On your feet, you loving bitch, and get this abomination out of my sight!” The backer rose slowly to his knees, his arms shaking. He crawled to Ben’s feet and began collecting the various plates arrayed around his master. Ben shook his head, half turned away, then brought his leg around in an arc. The backer barely saw the kick coming, and his weak body had no chance of evading it. Ben’s foot slammed into the poor creature’s stomach, flipping him over and sliding him back again. His tormentor strode across the room and picked up the backer with one gigantic hand. “Leave the roast, you fucker” sneered Ben. “Get your pox-ridden arse back to the kitchens, and bring the loving ham!” So saying, Ben hurled the backer across the room in the direction of the door. The backer slammed into the lintel, and slid slowly to the floor. His eyes unfocused and blood seeping from his ears, he rose slowly to his feet and gave a fearful salute. He then turned and shuffled out the door, swaying on legs twisted and deformed from time in the Brown sea. Ben turned and almost ran back to the spurned meal. He fell to his knees besides the roast and began shoveling it into his great mouth. It took him less than a minute to consume the entire leg of pork.

Two weeks into the siege the silence was broken. Ben was beating a backer with a roast chicken and Chris was sulking, when one of his officers burst into the room waving a shred of paper. “Derek has engaged communication sir, he wants a parley” panted the man. Ben slammed the chicken down on the backer’s face one last time, then waved the officer over. Taking the slip of paper he gazed at it for a second, then scrunched it up. “So, he wants to talk, eh?” sneered Ben. “I will pen the return missive myself”. He slowly turned towards the direction of his quarters, considering what exactly he would say to his nemesis.

Derek gazed curiously at the note handed to him by the Comms Room technician. He cast his eyes once more along the length of the missive:

Dearest Derek

If you want to talk, send someone over here. I am too busy eating beating backers pleasuring myself with pork fat overseeing my empire to waste time going over there in person.

Sincerely, Ben

P.S. BEEP BEEP IM A TRUCK

Derek couldn’t quite puzzle it out. The oaf seemed to be requesting that he send a delegate. The rest of the missive was undecipherable. Very well, though Derek. A match of wits is what the dastard wants, then a match of wits is what he will get. He pushed a button on the console and spoke into the microphone. “Wulf, come to the Comms Room. I’ve got a job for you”.

Wulf’s shuttle glided into the docking bay of the Javelin. He stepped from the cockpit, and glanced around the hangar. Not a soul was in sight. He seethed at the indignity. An honourable man would have ensured there be refreshments waiting for a delegate of such high rank, yet there were none. The despicable cur hadn’t even assigned an honour guard. Wulf strode to the hangar door, stopping to read the note pinned to it.

Sup fag. Me and my homies are chillin on the bridge. -Ben

Wulf was outraged. Never before had he encountered such rudeness. There was nothing for it; he would just have to find the way himself. As angry as he was at the poor reception, he knew that to return to Derek without actually meeting the man would mean pain and yet another awakening in the clone bay. He strengthened his resolve, puffed out his chest, and began searching for the bridge. Hours later, Wulf stumbled onto the bridge. He was tired, dirty, and in no mood for pleasantries. He cast his eyes about the room, searching for the object of his mission. A huge bear of a man stood at the main observation window, holding a whole pig above his bulging stomach while taking surprisingly large bites out of it. Closer to where Wulf stood, a man dressed all in black sat at a small table. The black-clad man spread his hands and invited Wulf to sit. “Finally, some civility. Yiff.” breathed Wulf, settling himself down with visible relief into the cushioned chair. Derek had been rough the night before, and the cushion felt divine against his bruised posterior. “I assume that you are Ben? Yiff.” Chris glanced at Wulf, startled by the man’s speech impediment. Finally he started, realizing that Wulf was expecting a response. “No, I am Chris, Ben’s aid and head of intelligence. The distinguished gentleman you see at the window is Ben” he finished with a touch of disdain. Ben grunted loudly and returned to his pig. Wulf was horrified. Never had he expected the man to be so disgusting. Tossing aside the pig carcass, Ben strode over to the table and offered Wulf his hand. Wulf took it gingerly, attempting to avoid the grease dripping from the brute’s hands. Ben grabbed his hand firmly, and rubbed grease from his left hand onto Wulf’s sleeve. With a smile of perverse pleasure, Ben then released Wulf and sank into a chair at the head of the table. “So, human being, what took you so long?” Wulf tried to ignore the casual insult, but his cheeks were starting to burn. “It appears that someone had removed all the directional signs in the station. I had to find the bridge by exploration. Yiff.” Ben smirked at that, and waved at Chris, indicating that the black-clad spymaster should continue. “What is it that Derek wants?” asked Chris. “We have no resources here that he himself does not have access to in his own regions”. “Derek is angered by your irreverence and wants revenge for your organization’s callous remarks. Yiff.” returned Wulf smugly. Ben slammed his hand down hard on the table, splattering the remaining pig fat across Wulf’s face. “Bullshit! That’s loving bullshit and you know it!” Wulf was shocked, but he gamely tried to struggle on. “With respect, sir, I…” he began, but Ben cut him off. “Burkey! Bring two burkies, one for me and one for our guest!” screamed Ben. Wulf had no idea what a burkey was, and had absolutely no desire to find out. He attempted to voice his objection, but Ben cut him off again. “Quiet, human being. You’re gonna enjoy this”.

Two backers entered the room, carrying plates. Wulf was mortified. He had no idea what this was supposed to be, as it appeared to simply be a mass of greasy meat. He stared at the plate placed in front of him, desperately trying to figure out what he was supposed to do with it. Not eat it, surely. Ben answered for him as he lifted the thing up and bit it entirely in half. Wulf could hear the crunching of bones as the oaf chewed his prodigious mouthful, then he returned his gaze to his own plate. He shuddered. “Sir, I appreciate the gesture but I am afraid I am not hungry. Yiff.” Ben glanced up and smiled, as Chris rose from his seat and crossed to stand by the door. “Oh, you aren’t going to eat it.” Dropping the rest of the ghastly creation to his plate, Ben lunged across the table and slammed his fist into Wulf’s face. Wulf crashed over the back of his chair and hit the floor. He was dazed and hovering near unconsciousness, yet he still managed to rise on unsteady legs and half-run, half-shuffle towards the door. Chris stepped in front of him and delivered a neat straight left, clipping Wulf’s chin. Wulf crumpled to the floor, out cold. Chris glanced at Ben, while Ben strode over to the supine figure and, burying one hand at his throat and one at his crotch, lifted him and carried him to the table. Slamming him down next to his untouched burkey, Ben flipped him over onto his stomach and pulled down the unconscious man’s pants. “Lets get some cold water on him, I want him to be awake for this.” grunted Ben. Chris nodded and called for water to revive Wulf. Water was brought, and Wulf was pulled spluttering from his stupor. “You want to know what I think of your Derek?” breathed Ben, unbuckling his belt and dropping his trousers. Chris moved to Wulf’s head and placed his hands on the man’s back, holding him firmly in place as Ben moved up close behind Wulf and pushed his huge cock into the man’s anus. Wulf screamed and screamed, barely able to stand the torture. His arse, already tender from Derek’s attentions, felt like it was on fire. He wasn’t sure, but from the wetness dripping down his thighs it appeared that his anus had started to bleed. Ben pushed himself further and further inside with every thrust, until he was touching Wulf’s large intestine. Wulf screamed and passed out again. Chris waited for Ben to finish before reviving the man again. After Ben had finished his thrusting, shaking climax, he reached over and grabbed Wulf’s burkey. “Do it” he grunted to Chris. More cold water was splashed over Wulf’s face, and the man slowly came to. Then, pain gripped him again as Ben started forcing the steaming hot turkey up into his rectum. Ben pushed and pushed, ignoring Wulf’s agonized screams as his body was slowly torn apart. He could feel his anus splitting, feel the turkey pass up through his colon and into his abdomen. His stomach bulged obscenely, and his organs ruptured as the turkey was rammed up further and further into his body. He died screaming. Ben pulled his arm from inside Wulf’s body. “Stick this human being in a jetcan and launch it back to them.” he ordered. Two officers gripped the dead man’s arms and swung him down off the table, carrying him towards the cargo bay. Ben finished his burkey and returned to the main window, peering out at the Dissidents’ armada and chortling.

The contents of the jetcan were hauled into the cargo bay onboard the Warlord, where Derek stood waiting to see what they had sent back. He glanced at the still form of Wulf, it’s stomach bulging and fluids leaking from its anus. We can’t intimidate them, he thought to himself. Waving an officer over, he gave instructions to have Wulf’s clone activated again. Then he ordered the room emptied, and stood alone over the body of his lover, considering his next move.

Ben waved his burkey leg to the departing Dissidents in farewell. They would claim victory, of course. They would claim to have broken Ben and removed his followers from space. They couldn’t claim to have shoved a turkey wrapped in bacon up the arse of Ben’s Aide de Camp, though. He smiled at that, and gave the order for his backers to return to the Brown sea. He laughed at the terror on their twisted faces, and whistled a happy tune around his mouthful of burkey.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lime Tonics posted:

So let me get this straight.

Person A buys ships, sells it to person B.

person B grey markets it to person C.

Person A charge backs ship sold to person B.

Person C is effected? what?

What kind of scam they got running there?

They had a similar scam running with LTI laundering, since early backers could buy LTI ships that newer backers couldn't. So, A is early backer, B is new:
  • B buys non-LTI ship,
  • B gifts ship to A
  • A melts the ship for store cred, then buys the same ship with LTI
  • A gifts ship to B
  • Then, months later, B does chargeback
  • CIG tracks his purchases, finds ship he gifted to A
  • Since ship is gone, CIG wants the store credit back. They tell A to melt ships to cover the cost, or to give them $$
  • A gets loving mad because who the gently caress's stupid enough to not see that he sent the loving ship back to the same guy anid no money went to him

There was one reddit thread about it, looks like CIG changed their mind once it got attention, but not before Ben tweeted about how it's standard chargeback procedure

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
this thread is wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPdVCiKiSM

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

They had a similar scam running with LTI laundering, since early backers could buy LTI ships that newer backers couldn't. So, A is early backer, B is new:
  • B buys non-LTI ship,
  • B gifts ship to A
  • A melts the ship for store cred, then buys the same ship with LTI
  • A gifts ship to B
  • Then, months later, B does chargeback
  • CIG tracks his purchases, finds ship he gifted to A
  • Since ship is gone, CIG wants the store credit back. They tell A to melt ships to cover the cost, or to give them $$
  • A gets loving mad because who the gently caress's stupid enough to not see that he sent the loving ship back to the same guy anid no money went to him

There was one reddit thread about it, looks like CIG changed their mind once it got attention, but not before Ben tweeted about how it's standard chargeback procedure

It's pretty shocking that CIG didn't outlaw the grey market immediately because of the scope for these sorts of scams. They obviously allowed it to happen because the whole system artificially inflated the value of their ships and ended up with them getting more sales but it seems really short sighted and it looks like it's starting to bite now.

What's to stop someone buying a bunch of ships on one account via a credit card with a 6 month chargeback period, selling them to someone else on the grey market via paypal which only allows 30 days for chargebacks, then after 31 days doing a charge back of their original purchase? You just get to walk off after doubling your money and some poor bastard who uses the grey market gets their account banned. They can't do a chargeback on you because it's been too long for a paypal transaction.

The grey market should never have been permitted.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Please sympathize with CIG, they lost 15 bucks because of the leaver and are now having to devote precious CS time making a profile on the chargeback and its consequences.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

P.S.

What a thing to read coming back into the thread for a quick look. Dudes been stalking for at least 5 years.

The whole charge back thing is hosed. You would think someone would have thought about these scenarios taking place, maybe I am giving them too much lee-way, because there is no way they are this stupid, right? If they let it happen on purpose, then they pulled the ultimate long-con. Either way, the way it works now is wrong. Easy way to take out the grey market though. Force people to buy things instead of trading.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Please sympathize with CIG, they lost 15 bucks because of the leaver and are now having to devote precious CS time making a profile on the chargeback and its consequences.

I sympathize with the customer support peon who is undoubtedly being yelled at over this

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

HexDog posted:

Can someone link the original terms and conditions which stated they would release financials if they didn't meet a specific release date? I have a whale friend who refuses to believe that existed at some point.

http://www.dereksmart.org/forums/topic/star-citizen-tos-v1-1-expiration/#post-2322

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Chalks posted:

It's pretty shocking that CIG didn't outlaw the grey market immediately because of the scope for these sorts of scams. They obviously allowed it to happen because the whole system artificially inflated the value of their ships and ended up with them getting more sales but it seems really short sighted and it looks like it's starting to bite now.

What's to stop someone buying a bunch of ships on one account via a credit card with a 6 month chargeback period, selling them to someone else on the grey market via paypal which only allows 30 days for chargebacks, then after 31 days doing a charge back of their original purchase? You just get to walk off after doubling your money and some poor bastard who uses the grey market gets their account banned. They can't do a chargeback on you because it's been too long for a paypal transaction.

The grey market should never have been permitted.

totes malotes. and the problem behind all this CIGs bonkers stupid lti weird prebuy system, plus every other decision regarding concept sales. they set up a system that was so easy to game because of its needless complexity.

id love it if CIG employees were engaged in the grey market. that would be icing on the cake

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I can't imagine Derek lying at all. Like he's got no shortage of character flaws but lying? Nah

nope. not my style. arrogance won't allow me to lie. at least not consciously.

regardless, I didn't write it; and here on SA is the first time I'm seeing that Glassdoor review.

nevertheless, it echos everything we already know. so why would anyone waste their time on a fake Glassdoor review, knowing full well that the first impression would be to assume it's fake?

I don't personally believe that it's fake.

And yes they are running out of money, fast. What happens between now and the end of May, is going to be the tipping point.

There is simply no recovery from the E.L.E. You all can joke about that all you want; it's a fact. They're hosed. The End.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSu-Y4I09eo

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

I think some fin-de-siecle writers used raw meat? I could be mistaken

I would do anything to keep it from happening again. There were nights where I'd wake up in the middle of anxiety attack because I might have one. I hate them.

I had my medication changed when I became pregnant and haven't had one since, so either the wellbutrin or the influx of hormones has helped. Hopefully the wellbutrin. Sorry for personal stuff.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

What happens between now and the end of May, is going to be the tipping point.

There is simply no recovery from the E.L.E. You all can joke about that all you want; it's a fact. They're hosed. The End.

Wait, are you saying they're hosed? As in, it's all over?

Maybe you should tell twitter, this is huge

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

boviscopophobic posted:

The new sale looks really tepid so far. Previous two sales included for comparison.

Citizen, pay the 10 bux and get an account, so messaging works. Do it. Now. Before I come back.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Palisader posted:

I would do anything to keep it from happening again. There were nights where I'd wake up in the middle of anxiety attack because I might have one. I hate them.

I had my medication changed when I became pregnant and haven't had one since, so either the wellbutrin or the influx of hormones has helped. Hopefully the wellbutrin. Sorry for personal stuff.

Wellbutrin ftw :chillpill:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lime Tonics posted:

What a thing to read coming back into the thread for a quick look. Dudes been stalking for at least 5 years.

-Anyway, it turns out my mom taped the news for me while I was away, so I have like a week of Kerri-Lee to go through... #13,502

-Oh, I followed several women who looked sort of like Kerri-Lee around the science museum, but none of them turned out to be her:~( #13,846

-And with my position as Kerri-Lee of the CIC, cool knife AND uniform, I'll be the cult leader! #14,539

-As in "Over the Kerri-lee for the traffic, she's got great breasts.." #15,608

-What good is the world when I've no Kerri-Lee:~(? Of course, if I took over the world, I could have all the Kerri-Lee I wanted. The world it is, then, chaps. #17,284

-Wow, Kerri-Lee at the hardware store. I'd like to ware her... hard #19,478

-I have two pictures in frames on my desk at work: a picture of a spotted stingray marked 'Cat' and a printed glossy picture of Kerri-Lee. #20,382

<Byydo> some guys try to un-circumsize themselves by hanging weights from their penis
<LOAF> !Kerri-Lee
<LOAF> The concept of something hanging from my penis reminded me. #21,608

:dogbutton:

http://trelane.hamtwoslices.net/index.php?query=kerri

• Locked thread