Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Miyazaki is just toying with us all with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

GreyPowerVan posted:

any goons mind transferring an item from one of my chars to another? im tired of farming for these loving warden twinswords on my luck/dex char

I have one that I'll never use. Where do you want to meet and what password?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Dr. Carwash posted:

You can easily pull the dogs one at a time.

I know, because I did. it doesn't make them less bullshit because the space you have to deal with them to avoid aggroing the other is relatively tiny in comparison to how huge they are.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Farron keep is kicking my rear end. It's really hard to get your bearings to snuff all three of those little torches you have to turn off.

Magner
Oct 21, 2010
What's a decent dex weapon you can have after the catacombs?

I've been running around with a +4 refined broadsword for a while and its done me alright, but I'm wondering if there's something more efficient that I'm missing.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

I have one that I'll never use. Where do you want to meet and what password?

are you on PC? we can meet at the high wall first bonfire with the goon password of LASERTAG

edit: what's your name? i think this char is Rallick

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Magner posted:

What's a decent dex weapon you can have after the catacombs?

I've been running around with a +4 refined broadsword for a while and its done me alright, but I'm wondering if there's something more efficient that I'm missing.

The Lothric Knight Sword can be gotten from one of the sword wielding knights in Undead Settlement and it's fantastic because if you've played DS1 and it's the Balder Side Sword renamed.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

GreyPowerVan posted:

are you on PC? we can meet at the high wall first bonfire with the goon password of LASERTAG

Alright, I\ll put down my summon sign in a minute. Look for Sir McDonald.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Barudak posted:

That area is really, really intriguing and I wish The Shrine Handmaid there gave us anything more to go on. I think that's Lothric's intended Firelink shrine, swallowed by the abyss after he stalled his quest but its hard to tell.

I don't think that's the deal with Untended Graves per se.

The opening says that Lothric is where the "transitory lands" of the Lords of Cinder converge, Cornyx talks about how Izalith has "drifted" close. It seems that kingdoms aren't just metaphorically lost to the ages, they're basically literally alternate dimensions that drift into and away from each other, LITERALLY disappearing into the mists of history etc etc.

My take is the First Flame is change and potentiality incarnate. From it spring infinite possibilities, infinite worlds. The Untended Graves is just one such reality fragment drifted into conjunction with the one we occupy.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
looks like the pontiff boss is on a whole different level than the previous bosses ive fought

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Alright, I\ll put down my summon sign in a minute. Look for Sir McDonald.

what's your steam name so we stop spamming the thread, i'll add you

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

Farron keep is kicking my rear end. It's really hard to get your bearings to snuff all three of those little torches you have to turn off.

I kind of just picked left or right wall and followed it. Once I had explored enough of a section's outskirts I'd check out the raised sections in the middle.

You know what, I'm going to make a super lovely MSPaint map.

You can also kind of keep track by what enemies are around.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

GreyPowerVan posted:

Just put down my mound maker summon sign.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Where is Anri supposed to show up at in the church of yorshka? I'm looking around but she doesn't seem to be in here. I killed her knight dude before killing the wolnir so I think I met the requirements for her to show.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Just put down my mound maker summon sign.

im at the first bonfire in high wall with password LASERTAG, not seeing you.

im on pc

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Mazerunner posted:

I kind of just picked left or right wall and followed it. Once I had explored enough of a section's outskirts I'd check out the raised sections in the middle.

You know what, I'm going to make a super lovely MSPaint map.

You can also kind of keep track by what enemies are around.

I'm gonna be honest with you.
I'm not sober enough to be able to keep track of the specific enemies around me.
So at farron keep it's either slugs or giant assholes what gently caress me up.
I'm gonna go invest on that sweat pyromancy that increases my poison resist

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Also on PC. If you've beaten the boss I don't think we can summon each other. Do you have a red sign soapstone?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Also on PC. If you've beaten the boss I don't think we can summon each other. Do you have a red sign soapstone?

oh right, well we can go to a later area and you can put down your sign

Orv
May 4, 2011

GreyPowerVan posted:

im at the first bonfire in high wall with password LASERTAG, not seeing you.

im on pc

I've been trying to get some lowbie invasion fashion going and had zero luck summoning anyone more than 30 levels or so in the early areas, with passwords even.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yeah, just say an area. If you haven't beaten the catacombs yet how about the first bonfire there?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Yeah, just say an area. If you haven't beaten the catacombs yet how about the first bonfire there?

how about first one in irithyi? only place i havent beaten boss yet

like right on the bridge where you can first place it

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Gotcha, heading over now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Who the gently caress thought fake backstabs against enemies were a thing this series needed? Yes it sure is fun getting locked into an animation that does nothing while a giant knight turns around and smacks you with his greatsword. Guess you shouldn't of tried to attack while at the magic distance behind an enemy where a backstab doesn't work properly???

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Where is Anri supposed to show up at in the church of yorshka? I'm looking around but she doesn't seem to be in here. I killed her knight dude before killing the wolnir so I think I met the requirements for her to show.

Apparently she's meant to be in the Catacombs twice - once when you first meet her, and secondly on the rocks before the bridge before the final boss. I think we may have both missed her that second time?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
The boss of Untended Graves is the hardest thing I have fought in this game so far. That was a learning experience. :shepicide:

Also bluecopping is a loving myth on PC.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
My signs on the bridge when you're just walking in because it won't let me put down my sign right next to the bonfire. Mound Maker sign.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Okay, if it doesnt show up in a minute you can just go on. dunno why this isn't working but i appreciate the help

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Internet Kraken posted:

Who the gently caress thought fake backstabs against enemies were a thing this series needed? Yes it sure is fun getting locked into an animation that does nothing while a giant knight turns around and smacks you with his greatsword. Guess you shouldn't of tried to attack while at the magic distance behind an enemy where a backstab doesn't work properly???

They are basically broken in PvP too, you can just roll out of them and make the other guy stand there like a dumbass. I've never seen a backstab actually work in PvP so far.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The boss of Untended Graves is the hardest thing I have fought in this game so far. That was a learning experience. :shepicide:

Also bluecopping is a loving myth on PC.

Don't worry, nobody is doing it on PS4 either.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
lol I beat the entire game on this character, there's nothing left for him to do except the DLC when it comes out. I can wait.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah, it's just not working. back to farming for me

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Maybe someone else closer to your level range? I'm level 95, but I thought password matching downscales everything to match the host's level so it wouldn't matter?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Gologle posted:

Maybe someone else closer to your level range? I'm level 95, but I thought password matching downscales everything to match the host's level so it wouldn't matter?

well im like 45 so it would probably take like 10mins for your sign to show up

Orv
May 4, 2011
There's a Bamco post on the steam forums saying that high traffic areas or large level ranges may take "an abnormally long time."

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"
What's the item in front of Wolnir? I didn't run and grab it because I figured it was an obvious trap, attacked the bones, and then ended up killing him in one go without taking it. I'm assuming you can't get back into the arena, so I hope it wasn't something cool!

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

VgameT posted:

What's the item in front of Wolnir? I didn't run and grab it because I figured it was an obvious trap, attacked the bones, and then ended up killing him in one go without taking it. I'm assuming you can't get back into the arena, so I hope it wasn't something cool!

a pyromancy tome, iirc

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Lid posted:

Apparently she's meant to be in the Catacombs twice - once when you first meet her, and secondly on the rocks before the bridge before the final boss. I think we may have both missed her that second time?

CONFIRMED. To find her you have to go back over the bridge and up to the top of the rocky outcrop and she'll just be standing there plain as day.

There is a catch. Crossing the bridge aggros EVERY skeleton in the room on the right. You have to kill them all. All twenty of them. The real Dark Souls starts here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you drop multiple items for pickle pee or is it one at a time?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
this game's level design is sooooo good holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Token Cracker
Dec 22, 2004
so if I got locked out of mound makers on my current run will I be able to join them on ng+?