Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
True story. Just happened (after I burst out laughing about something form the Goon-infested Discord channel)

(W)ife saunters over.

W: Are you on that site again?

D: Yeah, just catching up

W: On what? Do you guys have lives?

D: Oh just the usual. And no, we don't have lives at all. This is it for us.

W: What page are you currently on? // note: she is aware of my thread catch-up tactics because I foolishly explained it to her one day. No, I wasn't high. Or drunk. But she was dressed nice. And I'm shallow.

D: 3372

W: What is the current page?

D: 3405

W: I'm going to bed. I have sessions in the morning. Stay out here.

D: seriously!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

why do you keep notes on posters

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

Please someone tell me, is Squadron 42 safe? :ohdear:

That's what I'm waiting for - I really want to see uncanny valley-esque mocap renditions of an appallingly bad movie dressed up as a computer game. It's what I live for in these trying times.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
Sorry for posting it in chunks like this, my phone is terrible for snagging multiple quotes

xiansi posted:

You know there are tons of goon nerds still into that game, right? I may or may not be one of them.

There's a whole thread for it. The game itself is undergoing a bit of a renaissance, with various enhanced editions, and a whole new chapter recently released.

Hell, that thread is getting maybe 1~2% of the amount of daily posts this one does.

The one by Beamdog? That's one of the few games I've ever bought in advance (the other two being Pillars of Eternity, and the new Torment game I donated to on kickstarter) but something just felt weird about it. I honestly preferred spending a few minutes tinkering around so I could run with the ease of use mod. It's been a few years though, I should give it another shake.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lonkface posted:

One of the best. Planescape was a great setting but for some damned reason it got buried.

Speaking of which... Anyone remember Bloodwars?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Google Butt posted:

why do you keep notes on posters

Try posting in D&D for 10 years and devoting equal time reading every post regardless of who makes it.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Oh god I serious posted

Croberts forgive me

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lonkface posted:

The pc-game sold like crap from what I remember and I think it had a lot of bugs on launch too. Turned into a classic over the time.

I meant the actual D&D setting on which the game is based on, I was a big fan of Planescape setting in itself, besides Torment. Don't know why they dumped it, it was the best setting they ever came up with.

Yeah, after I posted I figured you were probably talking about the setting rather than the PC game. The PC game was effing amazing. I think I do remember a few bugs but it didn't do anything to diminish it for me.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

D_Smart posted:

True story. Just happened (after I burst out laughing about something form the Goon-infested Discord channel)

(W)ife saunters over.

W: Are you on that site again?

D: Yeah, just catching up

W: On what? Do you guys have lives?

D: Oh just the usual. And no, we don't have lives at all. This is it for us.

W: What page are you currently on? // note: she is aware of my thread catch-up tactics because I foolishly explained it to her one day. No, I wasn't high. Or drunk. But she was dressed nice. And I'm shallow.

D: 3372

W: What is the current page?

D: 3405

W: I'm going to bed. I have sessions in the morning. Stay out here.

D: seriously!?

This kind of adversity just proves you're a real warlord. What warlord doesn't have to deal with this stuff sometimes?

War is hell. Sacrifices. No excuses, play like a champion.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Google Butt posted:

you are not a shill, where as lonkface is the second most obvious shill.

I'd love to hear more on this.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Meridian posted:

No one needs to do anything to ruin Star Citizen, Crobbler and the people he surrounds himself with are doing great on their own.

Really? Cause all I've seen since November is tremendous progress. Over the last few months they've released the PU, a bunch more flyable ships, some hanger ready ships, and more patches then most triple AAA developers put together. Plus, their procedural generation stuff is almost done, they just need to integrate it. They have one of the most advanced flight models ever developed for a game and an AI simulation so complex it's never been attempted before. All in less than 1 year of "full" development time. Explain to me how start citizen is "ruined"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

MeLKoR posted:

Try posting in D&D for 10 years and devoting equal time reading every post regardless of who makes it.

why did you do this

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

Really? Cause all I've seen since November is tremendous progress. Over the last few months they've released the PU, a bunch more flyable ships, some hanger ready ships, and more patches then most triple AAA developers put together. Plus, their procedural generation stuff is almost done, they just need to integrate it. They have one of the most advanced flight models ever developed for a game and an AI simulation so complex it's never been attempted before. All in less than 1 year of "full" development time. Explain to me how start citizen is "ruined"

ahahahahaha!

Get out.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
I'm excited for DS to get to the money shot

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

Is this for real? Oh god, when will I be able to catch up to this! :fap:

Already got removed, re-activated, flagged as misleading.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Scruffpuff posted:

It doesn't really matter at this point if Ben doubles-down, triples-down, or dodecadoubles-down. Nothing about this project really matters at this point, except one thing. Now, there is nothing but Squadron-42, and ultimately Ben, and everyone else in CIG, is to be sacrificed at that altar - burned alive on a stack of $110 million of other people's money. Today's 10FTC reintroduced us to how far removed from reality Chris is - comparing the cobbled-together, spaghetti-coded, dead-end nightmare that currently exists as the PTU to games like WoW and EvE that have been around 10+ years. Well, he's Chris Roberts! Of course his game will also be around for 10 years! Probably more! There is not a single doubt in his mind that it will happen. He wasn't able to make even a single working piece of a game with over 200 times the cash he originally asked for. That's an incredible mark of unparalleled success - the kind of take no prisoners, show 'em how it's done attitude that attracts savvy investors. Squadron-42 will single-handedly reinvent gaming and financially reinvigorate this project, while simultaneously bankrupting traditional game publishers. Days after its triumphant release, Chris will be overwhelmed with phone calls from every major movie producer in Hollywood, begging him to helm - no, WRITE AND DIRECT - whatever he wants. That is a glimpse into this madman's mind, and Ben isn't on it.

Let's do the math with the dates...10 years of gameplay, development started 9 years ago...so as long as they have a download server available by New Year's 2017, they're in the clear.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i feel dirty after typing that

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Nicholas posted:

how long have you had autism?

e: lol

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nicholas posted:

Are you being serious right now? I need to know before I respond.

Hey, what's the discord info for your channel Derek? I've never used it before and want in on that action.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

So it's an extension of your apparently incomparable masochism, then

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

you guys aren't smart lol

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

Nicholas posted:

Source your quotes please

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Kavak posted:

You can get him killed in BG II and make it permanent with mods :unsmigghh:

D...do you know the name of that mod? I will restart BGII for that.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MeLKoR posted:

Originality.

Do I have notes? Or is it just a JPEG of a salt shaker?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Hey CIG shills, you see how much effort I put into this today? Tell your supervisor that I'm not above bribery if the price is right. Can you top what I'm getting from Mr Smart?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Derek sleeps on the couch for us to bring us the truth. Ben struggles to get off of his to hide/obfuscate his past rather than reconcile it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Nicholas posted:

A+ trolling, best impression of a shill I've seen

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nicholas posted:

Let me just say, before you respond. I've made tremendous progress on the fat poo poo I'm going to take tomorrow morning. There's been a bunch more beers, some Mexican food and more cigarettes than most sober people smoke put together. Plus, I've had a xanax and it's almost integrated into the buzz I have going on. I have some of the most advanced toilet paper developed specifically catered to simulations of my barking rear end in a top hat which has never been attempted before. All in less than 24 hours of development time. The only thing getting ruined is my toilet, but trust me, you're not going to see it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Risc1911 posted:

Let's see what r/games has to say and how many shitizens will show up. The downvoting has already started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/4ff0dl/starcitizen_ceo_announces_not_all_stretch_goals/

Those loving comments. Star shitizens have to be the dumbest demographic on the planet next to Iraqi dinar investors.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Nicholas posted:

I could tell :D

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Palisader posted:

D...do you know the name of that mod? I will restart BGII for that.

Tweaks pack. It just removes the guy who takes his equipment back and says he'll raise him

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Google Butt posted:

you guys aren't smart lol

It's funny though

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

MeLKoR posted:

Hey CIG shills, you see how much effort I put into this today? Tell your supervisor that I'm not above bribery if the price is right. Can you top what I'm getting from Mr Smart?

I'll do that after I get my paycheck since I'm eligible for one now.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Google Butt posted:

why did you do this

I usually feed on Free Republic, West and East European politics, anti vaxx stuff, you know... Please don't kink shame. :blush:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think there are a combination of factors. First CIG is supposedly resorting to new hires that may not be experienced enough to know that things are hosed.

All you have to do to know things are hosed is run that installer.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Kavak posted:

Tweaks pack. It just removes the guy who takes his equipment back and says he'll raise him

Oh poo poo, I run with that every time and never realized that was part of it. Cheers, man

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

I usually feed on Free Republic, West and East European politics, anti vaxx stuff, you know... Please don't kink shame. :blush:

I tried reading the freep thread and became bile-in-throat angry and decided it wasn't worth it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Nicholas posted:

I think my favorite so far in 2.5 years of watching this shitshow was something I saw on RSI about 4-6 months ago, that I'm pretty sure was not trolling, that said something like "They could put the PU, and A/C, and StarMarine on Steam and sell them all for 60 bucks each, but you can get all three of them together right now for just 45 dollars!"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Ash1138 posted:

it's okay ben was just an angry person because of his eye surgeries in high school so talking about having sex with children is no big deal

also after that in college

and after college while working at a school

he's different now though. he's married! married men never turn out to be pedophiles!

Remember, kids, the only thing standing between you and racism, paedophilia and hitler is stereoscopic vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nicholas posted:

Oh man, never mind all that about my barking rear end in a top hat.

• Locked thread