Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Alan Smithee posted:

More like aatrek Betamax am I rite

yowza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I did like reading about a company that shot itself in the foot every chance it had, and a group of religious zealots who defended anything the company did.

Then goons got into it. And they loved touching the poop. They smeared it everywhere.

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

shots loving fired

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
gonna report that own to the mods so they get owned faster

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

How many vent hoods could 112 million buy?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Idris on board computer has the wrong RAM

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

AugmentedVision posted:

Idris on board computer has the wrong RAM

Lol if you know what any of this means

*knows what this means*

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

ZenMaster posted:

Cross posting from the Star Citizen thread:

:siren:EFFORT POST::siren:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Timeline from very weak googling:

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

Ben makes one apology in the April 16th LJ update:

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

Ben Lesnick, April 16, 2016:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

Ben Lesnick, April 18, 2016:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

So by maybe, 24 you had mellowed?

Sorry, you were 27 when you wrote this stuff... lesson not learned?

DarkOff had a bit more to add, thanks Dark.

Ben Lesnick Threat Assessment

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

starwar got burned so hard he unstickied the thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So what's with the scrotum references who posted the scrotum

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just a reminder, Ben Lesnick has a forums account.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Just a reminder, Ben Lesnick has a forums account.

Probably got it for free too

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

ZenMaster posted:

It's been dug into to death already, but you took the funny thing of "Weird fat guy in major position of scammy .jpg spaceship company brags about website of his racist pedo jokes and 'ironically' stalking a newscaster" and completely ruined it with your weird obsession about analyzing how much his family loved him, so thanks for that.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Parallax Scroll posted:

starwar got burned so hard he unstickied the thread

ahahha

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Hey guys.

Session Time: Fri Aug 10 00:00:00 2012

quote:

[18:44] <Byydo> it's crazy though, LOAF's little sister is like 5 years old and wearing a paper crown thing she made after watching Sailor Moon
[18:44] <LOAF> Hehehehehe
[18:44] <LOAF> She's 18 now

http://www.wcnews.com/logs/fourteenth_birthday.log

He was only a child of 31 when he wrote this.

quote:

[22:52] <LOAF> You know what I always wondered about in Punisher? that scene where the little girl finds a horseshoe crab and says it's a stingray.
[22:52] <LOAF> What's going on there?
[22:52] <punkazzINC> haha
[22:52] <music_guru> "Hey look, it's Chris Robert's Mo-Cap!"
[22:52] <LOAF> (I don't know why but this is the main thing I remember from that movie.)
[22:53] <LOAF> Maybe it was a boy. Kid.
[22:53] <bob> Chris Roberts took the punch for Jazz
[22:53] <Chris_Roberts> eddieb - I've got soemthign I'm going to announce soon - and in about three weeks I'll give you guys an early heads up

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 19, 2016

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Alan Smithee posted:

:chanpop:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
goons didn't win?

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

dans posted:

aatrek died in a transporter accident beaming down to the nursery planet

🌝👌

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

You must take this evidence to the police immediately

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

spacetoaster posted:

Hey guys.

http://www.wcnews.com/logs/fourteenth_birthday.log

He was only a child of 31 when he wrote this.

What is up with that though? Did the Punisher waste that dumb kid for not knowing what a horseshoe crab was or not?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

You must take this evidence to the police immediately

All those THOUSANDS of photos he had of her mysteriously disappeared after a bunch of goons tweeted her the links to the galleries and his comments. I'm guessing a lawyer got involved.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Gas any mock thread that makes it past 10 pages because it's inevitable that it'll veer into "12 paragraph post with timeline pictures analyzing unrelated LiveJournal posts for evidence of whether or not someone's mom loved them" territory once it passes that point. Also ban everybody in the games SC thread

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

For the morning crew to chew on, if I am being a jerk let me know, I will delete this, I am not minimizing depression or what Ben went through.

Been reading a lot of information put other there by Ben after Benghazi dropped... something didn't add up... and I read more than a few conflicting statements...

He wrote two LJ updates, one of April 16th and April 18th, 2016 to explain himself.

He is sorry it's so boring! I guess we are all just dum dums! Actually, this is a dodge. No one cares about his LJs. They are not the true issue here, it is the IRC chats. They are full of racism, pedophilia-related content, and threats of murder and violence (some against children). No one is using the LJs to troll Ben, or at least, that would be worthless as they are boring. But, Ben can explain the chats:

So, he's blaming SA for his disgusting IRC chats, right? Cause it convenient to blame the ones calling you out, no?

Something Awful was founded in 1999. Ben Lesnick would have been 18 years old when it was founded. Depending on when he discovered it and how long it took to 'idolize' it, he could well have been 19-20. This is further proven with:

The #WINGNUT IRC chat was founded in 1997 (and WCNEWS in 1998) a full 2 years before SA existed. If SA is to blame, this this:

is bollocks.

Two things here: If Something Awful is to blame as he says in the first missive, then this is simply not true. He would have been 18-20 range, an adult. Secondly, no one ever teased him for thinking cartoon anime women are hot. Some rational people might tell you that THINKING CARTOON ANIME CHILDREN are hot is BAD....that is the issue.... and if he was 17, how is a 17 year old thinking a 10 year old is "hot" and describing sexual things ok anywhere? Ben admits in graphic detail what he would do to a ten year old "cartoon anime woman," er child...

So, let's assume for the moment all of his gross rants and Hitler jokes and shooting up a classroom jokes are his to own, and not SA's fault... he was 17 and misguided.. he seriously was angry at the world? No friends, family, and nothing to live for? Losing your sight would be devastating, I am not minimized that at all... and maybe he did hide how he was feeling, but look at this.. is this the world of a anti-social, angsty teen who wrote those horrible things?

I get you were mad, depressed, and felt you wouldn't get out of life what you wanted... it would make anyone depressed. But it seems you had a tight family who loved you. Big parties, similar interests, and there are LJ after LJ of Ben buying things... every LJ is him buying a new toy or DVD series and enjoying it... he is passionate, and it shows... what doesn't show is the reason for the disturbing chats.

Who you are in secret is who you are in reality. That was exposed recently. I believe you have changed, but stop blaming everything and everyone else. Those things were inside you at one point, and you let them spill out onto the web in vibrant color, and people accepted you and you only got worse. Form 2002 and beyond you do some amazing things in your life, stuff even I have never done... I assume 1997-2002 was similar... your dad seems cool, did you go to Civil War reenactments with him? Museums with your mom, aquariums with your sister? I think you did...

But Ben, why do you never address: why did losing an eye make you joke about sex with kids? About shooting up a schoolroom of kids? How is the excuse that you felt you "had the world figure out" applicable? I would agree if it were embarrassing political posts or dumb ideas about society and its ill that were uncovered. If Sept 11th made you mad, why the racist rant against blacks, Chinese, etc? How do jokes about murdering kids fit into that narrative?

They don't. I do not deny you were very depressed. I do not claim to know how you felt during those dark times, and I am glad you found an outlet and friends to get through... but normal conversations between friends don't include these things. And if they do no one keeps a record of their awfulness. And then doubles down as to why they were kept.

If he truly did hate the world at one point and was just a dumb kid, it would have been in 1997-1999 time frame, and his chats would have started way before SA and any influence that would have had.

LMFAO, classic poo poo, all I can say is welcome to the front page.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Enchanted Hat posted:

Hey, as a disgruntled man or whatever, how the hell are you supposed to sing this anthem from http://hamtwoslices.net/lmg?

Baron von LOAF am I, of proud descent;
True to the Merry Guild I remain until death.
A Guild Member am I, free and fearless.
To the Baron I have always given honour.
You, my God and Lord, are my shield, on You I rely.
On You I will build; never leave me,
So that I may remain pious, Your servant at all moments,
Dispelling the tyranny that wounds my heart.

It's a parody of the Dutch national anthem, Het Wilhelmus.

The first and sixth stanzas, specifically, which are the most commonly sung:

quote:

1. William of Nassau 
am I, of Duytschen blood.
Loyal to the fatherland 
I will remain until I die.
A prince of Orange 
am I, free and fearless.
The king of Spain
I have always honoured.

6. My shield and reliance 
are you, o God my Lord.
It is you on whom I want to rely, 
never leave me again.
[Grant] that I may remain brave, 
your servant for always,
and [may] defeat the tyranny, 
which pierces my heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig9VaMBi9o

William Bear fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 19, 2016

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

Alan Smithee posted:

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

spacetoaster posted:

a bunch of goons tweeted her the links to the galleries and his comments

I, too, enjoy trying to ruin the last 6 months of a dying man's life over imaginary Internet spaceships

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AugmentedVision posted:

I, too, enjoy trying to ruin the last 6 months of a dying man's life over imaginary Internet spaceships

They do this while condemning Sandi for having the audacity to eat unhealthy food near this human garbage bag who is clearly on a diet!!! Like she is somehow personally responsible for what this dude eats.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What on Earth do you know that we don't?

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

ZenMaster posted:

I did a little digging myself and have an addendum

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

no they will not posted:

You just broke this case wide open!

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

no they will not posted:

Makes you think.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

no they will not posted:

*nods thoughtfully*

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I take out garbage without putting on socks all the times and now I'm starting to doubt myself

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

no they will not posted:

nigga you working HAAAARD for them ironic quotes

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The classic slimming black polo, a goon staple at looking thin

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Lord Binky posted:

I take out garbage without putting on socks all the times and now I'm starting to doubt myself

Flip flops shouldn't have socks worn. if anything it could be Ben's best attribute

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Skoll posted:

I'm morbidly curious how :lesnick: and Mrs :lesnick: achieve coitus... Are cranes involved? Or a complicated pulley system?
you know, i was gonna say in an authoritative voice that theyre entirely too large to successfully perform anything more invasive than, like, oral intercourse or some sort of basic dildonics, but then i went on google and said "how obese do you have to be before you cant have sex" and this helpful reddit thread came up. so there you go

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

ZenMaster posted:

is bollocks.

nah

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Madcosby posted:

I did like reading about a company that shot itself in the foot every chance it had, and a group of religious zealots who defended anything the company did.

Then goons got into it. And they loved touching the poop. They smeared it everywhere.

But enough about Doobie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

no they will not posted:

nice

zen master this is funny and cool and your post was creepy and dumb and bad, take notes

• Locked thread