Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Enot posted:

Does it induce excessive hand waving?

that is too much red bull

intardnation fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

ManofManyAliases posted:

I am not Toast.

:shilltext:

Hi Shill! Whoa, game scams, huh?

Welp, see ya later!

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Danknificent posted:

> an IED rests on the table

/get ye IED

> ye cannot get ye IED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TancpHm4f4A

GET TROLL

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Wasn't this game supposed to be finished like 2 years ago? What happened to that?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

im insanely angry

I sense anguish.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MilesK posted:

Wasn't this game supposed to be finished like 2 years ago? What happened to that?

dreams happened

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

MilesK posted:

It turns out they didn't hit their proposed deadlines.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Found a game that's way more entertaining than Star Citizen!

http://slither.io/

Cavendish
Feb 26, 2016

Ash1138 posted:

you're not buying a ship, you're pledging money and getting a ship

but now that pledge costs more despite it being the same ship

for reasons

I know you say this in a comedy way, but its a real trigger for me... lets not get into the whole "pledge" and "backer" thing. If you pay VAT you buy a product and you are a customer. Regardless of what CIG writes in their store and whatever cultists belive, fact is VAT=buy. Donating, ar least in the EU, is free of VAT, so unless they scammed every EU customer and have a ton of money to repay "backers" with post-haste, they should just drop the pretense and admit that "yes, we sell jpegs that might one day be availible in our game".

If someone still belive its donations, investments and backing a project I simply do not understand how someone with such a low IQ manages to post on the internet.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i just wanted to say ilikepngs and would like some more posted tia

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Cavendish posted:

I know you say this in a comedy way, but its a real trigger for me... lets not get into the whole "pledge" and "backer" thing. If you pay VAT you buy a product and you are a customer. Regardless of what CIG writes in their store and whatever cultists belive, fact is VAT=buy. Donating, ar least in the EU, is free of VAT, so unless they scammed every EU customer and have a ton of money to repay "backers" with post-haste, they should just drop the pretense and admit that "yes, we sell jpegs that might one day be availible in our game".

If someone still belive its donations, investments and backing a project I simply do not understand how someone with such a low IQ manages to post on the internet.

It'd be a shame if the authorities found out that CIG has been collecting VAT on "pledges" . . .

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

Customer support are actually calling it a 'pledge'

I'm calling it a 'plague'.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

What if Sandi knew about ben's perversions and is normally a good person but has been punishing him with donuts out of outrage?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Maldoror posted:

can we repost funny pics plz

Repost you say?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Toops posted:

Coke makes you ramble on and on about boring poo poo that makes no sense.

Check check mate mate.
oh snap

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

MilesK posted:

Here's the jist of it:

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
i hope star citizen comes out and is a very fun game

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Danknificent posted:

To make some quick cash, CIG should actually release some cheap ship concepts, and vehicle type stuff:

Offhand, what I would do:

Custom escape pod - 20$
Super Custom escape pod - 30$
Space forklift for your cargo ship - 15$
Basic shuttle to take you from your space-yachet to and from stations - 60$
Fancy shuttle for space yacht - 90$
Space Yacht - 300$
Aliens rip-off cargo loader - 20$
Aliens rip-off cargo loader with guns - 30$

The pschology here would be brutal - people are getting sick of paying hundreds of dollars for JPEGs, but to people who've paid hundreds of dollars for JPEGs, this stuff would look cheap.

Stuff like this would sell like hotcakes, and the only overhead for it would be one JPEG artist in a broom closet somewhere since none of it is ever getting made and no one has any illusions about that anymore.

A little more emergency cash for the legal battle coffers, you know? Jump on it, CIG. You can thank me later.

Don't forget the space bulldozer for pushing shoving yer trash off the edge of the hangar. That's at least $30 extra.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Cavendish posted:

:agreed:

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

orcinus posted:

Don't forget the space bulldozer for pushing shoving yer trash off the edge of the hangar. That's at least $30 extra.

You're forgetting the easily-had $500 hangar upgrade so that you can stash more of your stupid poo poo in there.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
only one of you dicks thought my cat was cute

rude

DOCa Cola
Feb 25, 2016

I am Ben Lesnicks wife, Alex IRL
Ask me anything!

Cavendish posted:

Whatever CIG calls what you do when you give them money - tax wise this counts as income, not a "pledge" or a "donation". If you donate or pledge money on Patreon or Kickstarter you also have to add VAT there. The same thing seems to apply. I am no expert on this matter though.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Dark Off posted:

I think the discussion is going too far now. We have no certainty what it meant in that chat. He might had already forgotten what he had said during teen years.
and the context doesn't look that bad if you include earlier quotes.

[18:44] <Byydo> it's crazy though, LOAF's little sister is like 5 years old and wearing a paper crown thing she made after watching Sailor Moon
[18:44] <LOAF> Hehehehehe
[18:44] <LOAF> She's 18 now
[18:44] <Byydo> and then the next thing I hear is that she's in college
[18:44] <LOAF> And in college
[18:44] <music_guru> you know, "Wing Commander: Star Craft" - lol
[18:45] <Byydo> and I'm like "drat, that kid is SMART"

Derek Smart is really Ben's younger sister?

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Eonwe posted:

rude

Runsamok's ultra fancy cats totally ruined all other cats for me; I'm sorry but your cat will have to leave the thread immediately

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dark Off posted:

I think the discussion is going too far now. We have no certainty what it meant in that chat. He might had already forgotten what he had said during teen years.
and the context doesn't look that bad if you include earlier quotes.

quote:

[18:44] <Byydo> it's crazy though, LOAF's little sister is like 5 years old and wearing a paper crown thing she made after watching Sailor Moon
[18:44] <LOAF> Hehehehehe
[18:44] <LOAF> She's 18 now

Like, is this normal? I don't have a sister, but I can't imagine ever talking this way.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

rude

I was actually gonna post about him but I was looking for a picture with my catte having reflecto-eyes & then my dad called me about my car & I got distracted.

I'm sorry :eonwe:

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

Like, is this normal? I don't have a sister, but I can't imagine ever talking this way.

As someone with sisters, no it is not.

It's like, a normal person never has that impulse. Just like a normal person never looks at a dog and says "I want to gently caress that"

Ben is basically a dog fucker is what im saying.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I'm dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3J8FYKZ52w

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

moveable shape posted:

Runsamok's ultra fancy cats totally ruined all other cats for me; I'm sorry but your cat will have to leave the thread immediately

You rang?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

rude

Your cat was like a fluffy tonic in my otherwise dull day

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

SerCypher posted:

As someone with sisters, no it is not.

It's like, a normal person never has that impulse. Just like a normal person never looks at a dog and says "I want to gently caress that"

Ben is basically a dog fucker is what im saying.

Welp, unless there's a news article coming out I think the whole Ben-ghazi thing has blown over.

I like to think that we gave him about 48 hours of stress over it.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Danknificent posted:

A little more emergency cash for the legal battle coffers, you know? Jump on it, CIG. You can thank me later.

Aiding and abetting.

(those are fancy words in space court that you may or may not hear in two weeks)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

it's important to stay in touch with your parents. they raised you with love and went to great lengths to do so, and they'd probably love to hear from you about how your life is going, your hobbies etcetera.

Sir, this a space court pre-amble, not a place to solicit family wellness!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
thank you!!!!! i will read your kind words to my cat later and she will not be interested as it is not cat food or sitting on my keyboard while I try to play games

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

:siren: Prediction :siren:

Soon there will be a new TOS reflecting the new delivery philosophy of "Minimum Viable Product" and whoever updates the game after that point will be SOL when "the MVP" turns out to be two systems and rudimentary mining/cargo.

*writes furious notes on people's response to the prediction*

Melkor looks into his notes and marvels. The shills never stood a chance.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

I'm rapidly running out of new & different high quality pictures of my high quality cats. I need to break out my DSLR.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Nation posted:

derek gonna come in like a wrecking ball soon i hope

He hits the reply button, hits control v instinctively, and then reads. Sure enough, the text he had pasted was correct. It was always correct.

"As I predicted."

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Eonwe posted:

rude

ur cat sucks u need to refactor that poo poo

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

runsamok posted:

You rang?

:sbahj: those are some fancy cats. Almost to fancy... you'd have to be doing some work on the side to afford that tier of cat... :raise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

moveable shape posted:

How could you forget "I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN AND NOBODY LISTENED"

"Chargeback, and let the banks sort out their own."

*sets fire to CIG's assets, every last one of them*

• Locked thread