Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Sandi is cheating on Chris for the Stanley Sliding Door technician!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fat Shat Sings posted:

My posting triples every second

your posts are bad

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Kilmers Elbow posted:

I see Romeo Rose.

Honestly, firing Ben and hiring Romeo Rose to be the new face of CIG might be a lateral move. Or maybe even a step up. I mean, he's already in Austin.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

tooterfish posted:

It does, what's happening to arris there is called a doubling (actually many doublings). People make slang of the slang.

Some doublings become so prevalent people forget the originating phrase. For example, the comparatively mild insult "berk" evolved from "Berkshire Hunt", which is rhyming slang for oval office.

I have heard that about the origin of berk. Which is extra-funny, 'cause my mum (from Manchester no less!) always used to call me a "daft berk" as a kid.

Now I am a Londoner, Berkshire is next door, and a few people I know even live there, but I have never heard anyone pronounce it other than bArkshEEr.

Buy hey, English 'english' is wrong on so many levels it even confuses us, so there's that.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Friendly Humour posted:

your posts are bad
the worst posts

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
So apparently the "run on the bank" has begun - prices dropping out on the grey market as people realize there is actually no actual value to their jpegs. Price hikes along with shill activity (MoMA's "this was always the plan" etc.) are not denting it as intended, but instead, drawing attention to it. As usual, Chris himself is making it worse as well with his "minimally viable product" along with the SQ42 focus where these ships aren't even relevant. Subtle but visible shift in gaming media attitude. Fear is the path to the PAAARP side indeed...

So among these many wonders, Derek, what specifically were you considering the ELE? Because from where I'm sitting, there is a storm of meteors coming, not just one.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Nifft posted:

How strong are kickstarter's rules against embezzlement? Not that a door in an office would be embezzlement. But I imagine you could skirt the rules by having corporate housing, cars, business travel...

Another way they could be making mint would be to subcontract all furniture/doors/stupid_shit purchases to a company they own that adds 20%/30% over the normal retail price and they pocket the difference. This is pretty common with companies that aren't supposed to turn a profit but are instead just a vehicle for the CEO/owners to stash as much money as possible in the Cayman Islands before the thing comes crashing down and someone else is left holding the bag.

Really, if you have a CEO that is determined to suck the blood of a company there are a million ways they can do it. The backers won't know.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Banano posted:

if crobber is getting cuckled six ways from sunday that should surprise exactly no-one. all you need to do is look at him, look at her, and factor in what is apparent about her personality to even a casual observer.

there were also a couple of vids in the very early days featuring good looking contractors where she was all but drooling at the gash
:yikes:
Thread is getting really weird all of a sudden

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Anyone has that Ben (?) quote at hand where he was asked "at which point would you say that the funding should stop?" and he replied with "I'd start feeling guilty over $100 million"?

You guys know what I'm talking about?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

MeLKoR posted:

Another way they could be making mint would be to subcontract all furniture/doors/stupid_shit purchases to a company they own that adds 20%/30% over the normal retail price and they pocket the difference. This is pretty common with companies that aren't supposed to turn a profit but are instead just a vehicle for the CEO/owners to stash as much money as possible in the Cayman Islands before the thing comes crashing down and someone else is left holding the bag.

Really, if you have a CEO that is determined to suck the blood of a company there are a million ways they can do it. The backers won't know.

Yeah, that's my thinking too, somewhere croberts has at least 5 million stashed somewhere and it's written off as "corporate expenses". I bet some of the other higher ups have stashed some money elsewheres as well. If a new tropico game was developed, a croberts trait should be added. "You are slimy and lazy but resourceful" +5 points at end of game, Automatic swiss bank account perk.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

xiansi posted:

I have heard that about the origin of berk. Which is extra-funny, 'cause my mum (from Manchester no less!) always used to call me a "daft berk" as a kid.

Now I am a Londoner, Berkshire is next door, and a few people I know even live there, but I have never heard anyone pronounce it other than bArkshEEr.

Buy hey, English 'english' is wrong on so many levels it even confuses us, so there's that.
Well the way some Londoners say oval office is more like "cant", so it still fits. Actually, I see what you're saying. It's getting late and I'm a daft twat. But yeah, see below.

Also, rhyming slang being a "cockney" thing is a very recent development, it's not actually as unique to London as they'd like people to believe. :ssh:

e: what I'm trying to say is maybe the evolution from Berkshire Hunt to berk happened oop north.

edit edit: actually no, we say "bark" up here too. That is loving weird. What a total headfuck before I go to bed.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 21, 2016

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Lime Tonics posted:

Yeah, that's my thinking too, somewhere croberts has at least 5 million stashed somewhere and it's written off as "corporate expenses". I bet some of the other higher ups have stashed some money elsewheres as well. If a new tropico game was developed, a croberts trait should be added. "You are slimy and lazy but resourceful" +5 points at end of game, Automatic swiss bank account perk.

They could be so delusional that they never thought they needed one, and now it's too late to disappear that much money.

Like, of course his fever dream of a movie game would come out and be a smash hit. Why would he ever be homeless again?

Now they probably did pay themselves disgusting salaries. Someone said they paid themselves retroactively for "Work already completed" so they may have stacked up a nice amount of cash just in wages.

I mean Chris probably has paid himself at least $500,000 a year for four years now, so $2,000,000. While paying any rent or expenses out of the business as well, so that's not an amount to sneeze at. If he paid himself more than that which is very likely?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I've known some British people who have used the word 'pikey' and they all meant it when they said it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fat Shat Sings posted:

What did the iberian explorers contribute in the way of sliding door technology?

I'll have to ask my friend Stanley, he's pretty knowledgable when he's not busy bodging up the job.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

So apparently the "run on the bank" has begun - prices dropping out on the grey market as people realize there is actually no actual value to their jpegs. Price hikes along with shill activity (MoMA's "this was always the plan" etc.) are not denting it as intended, but instead, drawing attention to it. As usual, Chris himself is making it worse as well with his "minimally viable product" along with the SQ42 focus where these ships aren't even relevant. Subtle but visible shift in gaming media attitude. Fear is the path to the PAAARP side indeed...

So among these many wonders, Derek, what specifically were you considering the ELE? Because from where I'm sitting, there is a storm of meteors coming, not just one.

I'd bet my :five:s on it being an impending audit from the UK govt. I bet the situation is like a mini 38 Studios - just think about it. They might have secured major incentive money, or guarantees of credit based on building this studio as a long term investment. We even saw some news story with some UK politician at the mocap shoot.

Somebody in the govt has their credibility on the line, and the studio failing or massively cutting staff is gonna embarrass somebody and might spark a larger investigation.

Soooo, maybe the ELE is their Govt beneficiaries have gotten wind of their backer cash flow drying up like a cat turd. Maybe their credit line is secured by that and this forces the govt decision maker in a position to go all in and absolutely not let the studio falter long enough to ship a saleable SQ42, OR start backing off and reduce their exposure to the consequences of F42 failing.

So to keep going with this imaginary scenario, they would absolutely not act one way or another until having an real-loving-serious financial audit by an outside party.

So, poo poo is getting real basically. I trust my sources on this which are :butt::nexus:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Good stuff today guys

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

tooterfish posted:

Well the way some Londoners say oval office is more like "cant", so it still fits. Actually, I see what you're saying. It's getting late and I'm a daft twat. But yeah, see below.

Also, rhyming slang being a "cockney" thing is a very recent development, it's not actually as unique to London as they'd like people to believe. :ssh:

e: what I'm trying to say is maybe the evolution from Berkshire Hunt to berk happened oop north.

edit edit: actually no, we say "bark" up here too. That is loving weird. What a total headfuck before I go to bed.

What you're trying to say is "there's nowt as strange as folk".

Or at least that's how I see it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

moveable shape posted:

We even saw some news story with some UK politician at the mocap shoot.

Literally the chancellor of the ex chequer (important job, also a gigantic bastard but that's not important)

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Good job Sandi. These are not even the originals just some lovely photocopies she made on the way from martial arts class to the office.

e: timg

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Risc1911 posted:

Good job Sandi. These are not even the originals just some lovely photocopies she made on the way from martial arts class to the office.

e: timg

I feel like Ben's family and friends need to sit down with him and have an intervention and tell him that Wing Commander loving sucks.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

HexDog posted:

holy poo poo I love you

I'm 90% sure those are commercial Stanley Duraglide 2000 doors.

Just wanted to point out that those doors are not, in fact, blast rated. Immersion ruined.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I am on the fence about doorgate.

You just can't handle their jamb.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I feel like Ben's family and friends need to sit down with him and have an intervention and tell him that Wing Commander loving sucks.

Don't you think there's a much larger and more pressing issue in Ben's life that family and friends should be having an intervention about?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Eonwe posted:

Good stuff today guys

H...hey Eonwe your shitposting mannerisms inspired me to make my first gif using GIMP

Im publishing this gif at Minimum Viable Gladness. I will keep adding gladness as long you keep paying me. Spinning elephant was a later stretch goal and never was part of the commercial release.... LOOK WHAT DISNEYS DOING WITH STAR WARS GIFs

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wrecked Angle posted:

Don't you think there's a much larger and more pressing issue in Ben's life that family and friends should be having an intervention about?

Nope

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

ZenMaster posted:

sure, whatever, SILL

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Someone on the TNA thread posted this link (http://web.archive.org/web/20150909092609/http://taimapedia.org/?title=LOLTNA_History#The_mass_exodus_from_TNA) that cataloged all the ways TNA has hosed up over it's existence, and I thought, here's the wrestling equivalent of CIG, an organization that has misfired in just about every conceivable way since the first show. The only real differences is that it has released a product. A terrible product, sure, but a product (I love how every bad company that's compared to CIG is qualified with "at least they released something").

And it's taken 14 years of relentless failure for the owner to finally get a comeuppance (evicted from their corporate office and forced out by literal neo-nazis).

I won't go so far as to predict we'll still be here a decade later waiting for this to end, but it is sobering.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
please let crobagnon man's money grubbing bring about the fall of the current tory government

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

Doorn't push it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

DOOR CHAT

Building/construction permits are public record.

Want to know who was contracted to do the work? Want to know how much it cost?

Anybody got the physical address of that office?

http://www.smgov.net/Departments/PCD/Permits/

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
If Ben put that much obsession into lifting weights instead of wing commander as a kid he'd be the world's strongest man right now.

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Literally the chancellor of the ex chequer (important job, also a gigantic bastard but that's not important)

:jackbud::jackbud::jackbud:
:jackbud::five::jackbud:
:jackbud::jackbud::jackbud:

keep talking

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...x-a6873151.html

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Quick cheese chat a minute.

USA IS NUMBER 1

The Grand Cru Surchoix made by Fitchburg-based Emmi Roth USA beat out 2,955 other cheeses from around the world on Wednesday night in Madison. Emmi Roth quality assurance manager Kevin Davis said it’s an incredible honor for everyone — from the milk farmers to the cheesemakers to the production employees.

http://www.wpr.org/wisconsin-cheese-crowned-world-champion

So it is that this cheese is the best cheese.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Suck it France

kirsus
Oct 9, 2012

Buncha freaks. I'll kill you all. well you know, in theory #166

paarp
Lipstick Apathy

You know what, I'm a little sad this isn't the actual soundtrack to Star Citizen It sure looks legit to me. I mean, look at those artists you've got "Reel Big Fish", "Supersuckers" "Deep Blue Something" which to me sound like great terms for the Whales after all. You've got "The Nerf Herders" which is your otherwise out of place sci-fi reference. Moving onto the songs you've got "The Dickies" with "Nobody But Me" which is obviously DickWulf. No prizes for who "Beer" refers to. "Don't Hate Me (Cause I'm Beautiful)" certainly sounds like the theme song Sandi would give herself. The titles "Motivate", "The Honeymoon is Over" "Psyched Out", and "Hopeless" sound like the natural progression of the game's development. And "I Will Still be Laughing" is obviously the Goon's song.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

spacetoaster posted:

DOOR CHAT

Building/construction permits are public record.

Want to know who was contracted to do the work? Want to know how much it cost?

Anybody got the physical address of that office?

http://www.smgov.net/Departments/PCD/Permits/
It's not actually in Santa Monica, it's in the City of Los Angeles' jurisdiction.

12322 Exposition Blvd: https://www.ladbsservices2.lacity.org/OnlineServices/PermitReport/PermitResults/896691

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jon Do posted:

jethro tull is the poo poo but i prefer aqualung

basically about ben

Locomotive breath sounds more appropriate for Star Citizen.
I'll quote the wikipedia:

quote:

The song's lyrics use the imagery of an impending and unavoidable train wreck.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
Can we please start the investigation into hairgate? We need many sample pictures for analysis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I wonder just how many discussions there have been in the last three weeks regarding the feasibility of getting 70 odd ships a cameo in squadron 42 before the Feds come a knocking.

• Locked thread