Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ash1138 posted:

Google street view is from May 2015 (right around when the electrical and HVAC permits were issued) and the building looked like poo poo. I'm guessing it hadn't been used as a photo studio with a catering kitchen for some time.

Before 2015 the last building permits were 1998 so... yeah.

Also wouldn't there be a building permit to add a door?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK9PB8z0pAE&t=1029s

[When did you get the new lobby door?] Just got it working yesterday. It’s been in there since they got there though. It’s made of wood, the same wood as a normal door. It’s just hooked up to a garage door opener. So not an expensive door.

Did they really - really - go on camera, a LIE?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

every day is hustlin'

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol good sign that they feel the need to blatantly lie about the cost of a frivolous expenditure

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

D_Smart posted:

It's weird, right? They're usually so straight.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove posted:

1/inf is 0 so it would not be more.

Unless CIG has somehow made negative games.

1/inf is 0+.
Star Citizen is a clear cut 0.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

:siren:A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!:siren:
:siren:Sirius Online, An Indie Space MMO:siren:

These two brothers (do you have to be a pair of brothers (or Twin Bros) to understand game development?) are pretty much trying to make Star Citizen. In a year. For €25k.

Their kickstarter reads like distilled Star Citizen: more money equals bigger universe and more ships. Skins as stretch goals! Ship models as backer rewards!

They even mention having to switch engines (after 15 years2 weeks of development) as a potential ELE, in the Risks section.

The brilliant bit however, is the €35k stretch goal, where they break the SC mold:

Captain B'tak's Wet Dreams posted:

...we can plan with a second universe, a PVE Server to be precise. While this takes all risk and therefore objectively part of the fun out of the game, it has been requested.
They have almost $91 pledged so far! Let's go, Commandos! o9

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015
'best drat sperg sim ever' - Chris Roberts 2012-2015

'minimally viable product' - Chris Roberts 2016

I remember the time players used to mock that MW:O clownfiesta around Russ Bullock with these exact words

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
How does Ben wipe his rear end? Is that why he got married?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

H...hey Eonwe your shitposting mannerisms inspired me to make my first gif using GIMP

Im publishing this gif at Minimum Viable Gladness. I will keep adding gladness as long you keep paying me. Spinning elephant was a later stretch goal and never was part of the commercial release.... LOOK WHAT DISNEYS DOING WITH STAR WARS GIFs

I will treasure this gift

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Google Butt posted:

Lol good sign that they feel the need to blatantly lie about the cost of a frivolous expenditure

The frivolity bothers me - if we take the whole scam thing and run with it, then why are we buying 20,000 dollar doors - that's 20k that could be in the Caymans for when Chris and/or Sandi gets out of prison. Why blow it on a door?

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Is Cali all union labor? Because that would make my 20k-21k estimate for those doors even more rock solid.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I just assumed he has a baka rim it clean for him.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He washes himself with a rag on a stick.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My only experience with permits and inspections is my own personal residential work I did to build and addition and renovate my home.

In MY area you don't need a permit for certain things. I replaced all three exterior doors of my home and didn't need a permit because I was replacing doors with like doors.

But whenever there is electrical work, like an automatic door with a sensor, card reader, etc I would imagine it would be a requirement.

Considering the work was completed fairly recently, the paperwork may not be on the inspections website yet.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

He washes himself with a rag on a stick.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

spacetoaster posted:

My only experience with permits and inspections is my own personal residential work I did to build and addition and renovate my home.

In MY area you don't need a permit for certain things. I replaced all three exterior doors of my home and didn't need a permit because I was replacing doors with like doors.

But whenever there is electrical work, like an automatic door with a sensor, card reader, etc I would imagine it would be a requirement.

Considering the work was completed fairly recently, the paperwork may not be on the inspections website yet.

Direct electrical and certain plumbing swaps that are equal don't need a permit. Finishes such as painting, flooring, ect... don't need a permit.

Changes in egress, occupancy, fire sprinklers, kitchen hoods, and such all need a permit.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

What the... :stwoon:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Danknificent posted:

The frivolity bothers me - if we take the whole scam thing and run with it, then why are we buying 20,000 dollar doors - that's 20k that could be in the Caymans for when Chris and/or Sandi gets out of prison. Why blow it on a door?

Because the only dream that matters is Chris's.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Breetai posted:

Hi Derek, I'm sure you feel sad about whales not believing you when you say poo poo's hosed, so I decided to make Gil Scott-Heron spin in his grave for you.

An internet warlord warned us "SCAM!"
(But Derek smart's a goon)
Ben L.'s overdosed on ham.
I can't pay my spaceship bill.
Ten years from now, no Idris, still.
Ben made more rape jokes last night.
The new flight model's stinky shite.
I wonder what's with CIG?
I got news they were fooling me.
(From Derek smart, a goon)
Roberts taking my whole drat check,
Leavers making me a nervous wreck,
The price of ships is going up,
An' as if all that poo poo wasn't enough:
An internet warlord warned us "SCAM!"
CIG has gone on the lam.
With all that money they made last year
(Said Derek smart, the goon)
How come there ain't no money here?
(Asked Derek smart, the goon)
Y'know I just about had my fill
(Of Derek smart, the goon)
I think I'll send these spaceship bills,
Airmail special
(to Derek Smart, the goon)

:perfect: :five: :bravo: :five:

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
A lot of backer money has also been used towards Sandi's dream of being a movie star.

A dream so impossible it makes star citizen seem likely.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Scruffpuff posted:

So apparently the "run on the bank" has begun - prices dropping out on the grey market as people realize there is actually no actual value to their jpegs. Price hikes along with shill activity (MoMA's "this was always the plan" etc.) are not denting it as intended, but instead, drawing attention to it. As usual, Chris himself is making it worse as well with his "minimally viable product" along with the SQ42 focus where these ships aren't even relevant. Subtle but visible shift in gaming media attitude. Fear is the path to the PAAARP side indeed...

So among these many wonders, Derek, what specifically were you considering the ELE? Because from where I'm sitting, there is a storm of meteors coming, not just one.

These are just minor meteorites ahead of the big one. Trust me. It's coming.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Gaffin Brun keeping his readership updated on important info.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

HEY WHY ISN'T LANDO FIRED YET

I WAS PROMISED LANDO GETTING FIRED

MY ATTENTION SPAN DEMANDS FIRINGS

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

is that some loving doom 3

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

MeLKoR posted:

Could any of the brits explain to me why you seemingly eat entire syllables? Eg, why does Leicester sound like "Leister"? What the gently caress happened to the "ce"? Also why is the I in "bishop" a simple vowel and in "night" it's a diphthong? Shouldn't it be "neight" or "naight" or something? English has some useful features that I love but your spelling is a complete joke.

e: rhyming slang is the most :psyduck: thing ever. just... whyyyyyy?

Now try to pronounce "Milngavie".

Give up?

The first i is pronounced like a u.

The n, v and e are silent.

Murderion fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 21, 2016

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Thank you for that mental image.
It went right through the whisky i've been trying to soak my brain in.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Murderion posted:

Give up?

The first i is pronounced like a u.

The n, v, second i, and e are silent.

This is just unreasonable

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

This isn't even a fat joke but I really and practically think that anyone would die doing this. Especially someone as small as sandi.

Speaking of.

Sandi, my GILF fetish is very real. Just say the word and I'll hit that like an asteroid hitting the dinosaurs. That's an ELE to look forward to. If it's retarded rambling and arm flailing that gets you hot I can tazer myself in the balls with a mouth full of peanut butter, you know whatever gets you off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

So factsareuseless is basically a shill for reporting this post orr.....?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

I forgot how much I loved this.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

EightAce posted:

Yes. Deleted that post straight away cos it leads down a rabbit hole that I am part of ...

One of the tools I use when trying to enlighten people is a zipped copy of your posts in the thread pre-redaction. Would you prefer I make an updated zip or is it enough that the deleted posts are off the live forums?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

D_Smart posted:

These are just minor meteorites ahead of the big one. Trust me. It's coming.

Honestly that's what I look forward to the most, is the grey market crashing.

You know what would be a smart move? Encouraging new backers to buy packages at a discount through Reddit instead of through RSI whenever it reaches that point but make it seem like a friendly community protip through the main SC subreddit. It would hit RSI hard if all new money was just going to recycling old packages. Might not be smart (heh) if you psyop'd it though, because that actually would seem like tortuous interference.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VealCutlet posted:

I forgot how much I loved this.

But wait! There's more!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gwaihir posted:

The current GOP primary thread has about 40k more posts and 4.4 million more views atm.
Yeah but that thread is 18 months old compared to the 7 months of this thread. What I'm saying is Trump-Roberts 2016. :patriot:

f e: Is that Melisandre? :monocle:

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Leicester is a combination of "Ligore", a Celtic tribe, and "ceaster," the Saxon word for town. If you think it's bad in it's current form, the old word for Leicestershire as it is now was Lægreceastrescīr.

Same reason Worcester is pronounced "Wuus-ter".
Regarding Leicester, I used "spelling" when I meant "pronounced". Why are they pronounced "Lees-ter" and "Wuus-ter"? Do native speakers know instinctively how it's pronounced or when you come up with a new word you have to ask how to pronounce it? The reason this baffles me so much is that there's nothing even remotely like this in my language, you can pretty much pronounce every word correctly even if you never encountered it before. The closest thing that comes to mind is "principe" (prince) which is pronounced "princEpe" with an E but it's a really subtle difference compared to something like "Wuus-ter"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

spacetoaster posted:

But wait! There's more!

you should post less

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

spacetoaster posted:

But wait! There's more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuFukNEQYGs&t=30s

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Google Butt posted:

you should post less

Hey, none of that is mine. YOU GUYS made those and I just thought they were funny.

Here, have a lick:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The timeline is like this:

02\02\15: Building permit applied for by architect. 2 rounds of corrections
04\28\15: Building permit issued
05\01\15: HVAC permit issued
05\06\15: Electrical permit issued
06\23\15: Plumbing permit issued
07\30\15: Sprinkler permit issued
08\11\15: Project flagged for "construction done without permits or inspections"
08\31\15: Electrical permit closed
09\01\15: Building permit withdrawn, "status void"
09\04\15: New electrical permit issued
09\15\15: Building permit reactivated
09\30\15: Building permit transferred to new general contractor
11\17\15: Supplemental HVAC permit issued
11\19\15: New electrical permit finaled (work done, final inspection passed)
11\20\15: Supplemental plumbing permit to collect fees for additional inspection on 11/10/15 (no new work or permit expiration extension)
12\04\15: Fire sprinkler permit finaled (work done, final inspection passed)

That's where the permits for interior work end. So it looks like the plumbing and HVAC work has not yet been finaled so the building permit has not been finaled. If a Certificate of Occupancy is required, it hasn't been issued yet per these records. I can't see why a CoO wouldn't be required since there were alterations to sprinklers, bathroom fixtures, and the HVAC system (two 5-ton units and duct smoke detectors).

Also a GC getting shitcanned is unusual, but if they dropped the ball on getting permits for their trades, then that could do it.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I just love how Sandi's profile picture is just Gary Oldman

with Sandi curled up against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Murderion posted: