Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

jm20 posted:

Was watching some guy do deficits DL with 95 and a rounded back. Proceeds to load up to 185 and continue. Adds a belt and up to 235, deadlifts with a rounded back and a belt. Did 2 reps, back is now tired/broken and coaches his friend to do the same thing :iiam:

I ripped my calluses to shreds, but poo poo - I made sure my back was fuckin' locked. Hurting your back is a lot worse than hurting your palms.

Also, after letting my palms heal, went to the gym and worked out until I could barely get my shirt off in the locker room. A good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
never glove

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Zzulu posted:

Is he swole?

Supertwink. Tell me swoles, is it wrong to say nothing and watch?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Depends.
If you feel bad? Yes.
If you laugh? No.

Ninjaedit: maybe I'm not swole enough though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i love watching twinks

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Does your protein shake contain growth hormones such as Creatine?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/662431/gym-habits-can-accelerate-baldness-warn-experts-protein-can-cause-hair-loss-workout

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also, after letting my palms heal, went to the gym and worked out until I could barely get my shirt off in the locker room.

Stop buying your gymclothes in the girls section then.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Hurting your back is a lot worse than hurting your palms.

You don't need to hurt either

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

The Express is so poo poo that your posted article is actually good journalism by their standards.

sassassin posted:

80x8 is a decent set whats you are max?

I got up to 90x2 last time I tried, could have gone for a third rep but didn't have a spot and was a little worried about failing the third.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joke's on them, I'm already bald :getin:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You should have a solid 100 in your locker. Goongrats.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I hosed up my back on squats yesterday, tried to go deeper and I think I rounded it and pulled something in my lower back. Probably won't be able to deadlift for a week.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

sassassin posted:

You don't need to hurt either

You are correct.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

notZaar posted:

I hosed up my back on squats yesterday, tried to go deeper and I think I rounded it and pulled something in my lower back. Probably won't be able to deadlift for a week.

Nice

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

notZaar posted:

How old are you?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
32, what does it matter though? It's just a sore muscle.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

notZaar posted:

32,what does it matter though? It's just a sore muscle.

notZaar posted:

I hosed up my back on squats yesterday, tried to go deeper and I think I rounded it and pulled something in my lower back. Probably won't be able to deadlift for a month.

FTFY. Sorry bro.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

notZaar posted:

We've all been there, take it easy bro so you don't end up having to munch handfuls of codeine just to move around

Also don't go rear end to grass, you have learned a valuable lesson

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone tried driving a manual car right after a leg day workout? Felt like a complete noob driving afterwards, sometimes either almost stalling or peeling out all :rice: like a moron. Still worth it of course.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

is any of this true

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Lol I'm 32 what does that matter? New thread title plz

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

is any of this true

There is some evidence showing that creatine increases DHT levels--the main androgen implicated in male pattern baldness. How much of an effect on hair loss that will have is anyone's guess.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
:rip: Chyna

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Well it's true that testosterone promotes hair loss and other secondary male characteristics such as body hair, increased muscle mass and bone density. It's all part and parcel of being a man.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

the world got a little less swole, RIP

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Thatssteroids.gif

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

jm20 posted:

Thatssteroids.gif

Worth it. Worth it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
might have been all the other drugs she pumped herself full of also

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

jm20 posted:

Thatssteroids.gif

prolly has a bit more to do with the copious amounts of cocaine and meth she was infamous for using

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
it was very progressive of WWF to have a trans* wrestler

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

JFairfax posted:

it was very progressive of WWF to have a trans* wrestler

:vince: has never been more appropriate

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

Has anyone tried driving a manual car right after a leg day workout? Felt like a complete noob driving afterwards, sometimes either almost stalling or peeling out all :rice: like a moron. Still worth it of course.

All the time, never had an issue. Is your seat like all the way back or way forward?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I think mobby is just bad at driving.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I peel out like an rear end in a top hat but it has nothing to do with leg day and everything to do with me being an rear end in a top hat.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

mobby_6kl posted:

Welcome to my world. The stairs in my house are my enemy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There have been days when I could barely even walk, but still somehow managed to run. Fitness is awesome.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

Sometimes I have to move my seat forward to push the clutch in because I've shrunk from deadlifts.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Sit close enough so you can rest your heel when your toe fully depresses the clutch, you wont need to hold your leg mid air and wont have that problem :shrug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

exquisite tea posted:

There have been days when I could barely even walk, but still somehow managed to run. Fitness is awesome.
I'm always surprised when my legs are thrashed how hard I can push after I get warmed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
For any goons that are dieting this stuff:

Is a god-send. Zero calories, "all natural", and tastes really good.

• Locked thread