Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

D

Low level adventurers need some adventures to go on. Pack it in redemptionailures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

dog kisser posted:

Disclaimer: Belief may not have any effect here! Vote A at your peril!

Then we embrace peril as if it were a shard of a fallen god. Belief can elevate a wisp to a power, if only fleetingly. Belief can send islands into the sky. Belief can drive a maddened, broken Fortugnat deep into the bowels of Somewhere and drive him to the brink of becoming something other... but belief can bring him back from the brink just as well.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

AJ_Impy posted:

Then we embrace peril as if it were a shard of a fallen god. Belief can elevate a wisp to a power, if only fleetingly. Belief can send islands into the sky. Belief can drive a maddened, broken Fortugnat deep into the bowels of Somewhere and drive him to the brink of becoming something other... but belief can bring him back from the brink just as well.

I applaud your conviction!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

E Deesix, :frogout:

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

A

I BELIEVE!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Roland T. Dapperman posted:

D

Low level adventurers need some adventures to go on.

This.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

D

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
E

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Enslave them. The last broken promise of their God fulfilled.

D.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

^^^ I hope this makes you reconsider, Barbed Tongues

C:ii! When in doubt, eat or lick everything. This is a vote specifically for licking the Fortugnat.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
E

They have forsaken their god, and so have forsaken our teachings. Return to the underground, teach the true inheritors, the Anomalice. We will return one day.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
*Snap Fingers* Hit it!

E

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
D someone have to teach others the lesson of slavery is bad.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

Absurd Revolver posted:

C.

Let's become the terrible cannibal monster we were always meant to be.

Chew them up, crunch them down... crisp them in the vegetable drawer crafted of demonic lice and mutation-milk? Yeah that sounds right.

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
E.

Bail out! Bail out!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
D. Freeing the Fortugnats will make for a great future CYOA Adventure!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Leaving this open for a bit longer, but D seems extremely likely so far! We already have 21 votes, and 21 people voted last time, but I'm too busy to update at the moment, so no need to close it just yet.

SOMEWHERE FACTS!
Not sure where to put this, so I just figured I'd put it here!
  • Somewhere has no sun or moon!
  • The Ocean itself provides illumination, and it flows into and away from Somewhere like the tides.
  • When it's closer, it's brighter, and it's day.
  • When it's further, it's darker, and it's night.
  • Somewhere DOES have stars - the Wisps, glowing from outside the barrier and trying to get in. Their motion can be seen, but they appear to be moving far slower than reality.
  • To the Gods, Somewhere is like a flat sheet that they view from above, but to the People it appears to be a sphere.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

I didn’t answer the filth. They would come to know my name very well indeed. I simply reached down and lifted him off the floor and told him to

So he did. Now my two Peoples have become one, after all, and none can stand before us!

(The Fortugnats have become Slaves! Mad King Deesix has become Tyrant King Deesix! The Anomalice are his Chosen People and his Holy Army. They have gained a Place of Power - The Tomb of the Last Gamble.

(Wuh oh! Looks like the Fortugnats are now the UNFortugna- anyhow, that’s it for the first CYOA game. Each time we run through one of these, it’ll cause some sort of effect or story hook on the world. In this case, we now have a crazed army of subterranean mutants and a slave force. I can honestly say that’s NOT where I expected this to go. To those who were hoping for redemption… sorry! Maybe he can still be saved by the love of a kind God?

Let’s see! Time for the Second Age of the Gods!

edit: ALSO - not all God Corpses will end up making some monstrous beast, most will just evaporate. This only happened because you chose the options you did - if you hadn't gone Down, something entirely different could have happened!

-O-
When the last of the Gods fell, Somewhere went dark.

Thousands of Wisps died instantly, too far from the lifegiving Something to survive the change. But many more lived on in hellish half-lives on the scraps leaking out of the barrier. Recently, the barrier has become porous once more, and eager Wisps claw at the openings. Much time has passed in obscurity, and the world below has changed dramatically. But the time for exploration is later, once a foothold in the world has been gained. For now, it’s a battle to be a God of Somewhere!

dog kisser posted:

GODS
  • To create your God, simply list your Name and Specialty. That’s all. For instance, Thakoth, God of Rain or Vendri, Goddess of Molten Steel or Wallace, God of Candy. Keep it simple, at least initially. You’ll have the chance to add to your Portfolio, with time - if you survive.
  • For you are indeed Fragile. Each God begins with 3 HP, and each turn you must roll a d20 to determine the magnitude of your Action.
  • On a dice roll equal to or below 10, lose 1 HP.
  • On a roll of 1, lose 2 HP and your Action backfires entirely, causing the opposite effect.
  • On a roll of 20, your Action is greatly magnified [i]and you gain a +1 Bonus to Actions thereafter.
WISPS
The Gods aren't alone on Somewhere. Only five Gods can be active at once - Somewhere is still rather small, after all - but the would-be Gods outside can still affect the outcome as Wisps.
  • Any reader not currently portraying a God is a Wisp - Wisps have no Names or true personalities, but may affect Somewhere through affecting the Gods.
  • A Wisp may still add or subtract one point from any active God’s Action. If this drops their roll below 10, so be it - the Ocean is a harsh place.
  • Dice rolls only go between 1 and 20 - any bonuses or maluses that would cause them to exceed these thresholds merely become a buffer. For instance, a roll of 19 with +3 granted by Wisps would mechanically become a 20 - but would require -3 to lower it to a 19, rather than -1. Mostly you don't need to concern yourself with the math!
If you took any Wisp actions last Age, add your total Wisps to your 1d100 roll! Gods from last Age cannot be Gods this Age!

Don't bother making Icons until you get in, incidentally. Next update will be in a few days - lots to prep for the beginning of the Age!

edit: Also haven't forgot about the Remnants from the Fallen Gods - you'll see them this next Age!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 21, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
CZAR! GOD OF HUBRIS!

CLAIMING GODHOOD: 89

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Gulm, God of Laziness

1d100+4 = 39

The wisp puts off manifesting until tomorrow. There's still plenty of time, right?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Rhuax, God of Fire and Destruction

http://orokos.com/roll/394791: 1d100+1 31

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Tidur, God of SleepRude Awakenings

1d100+4=89

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Reda, God of Order.

1d100+4:53.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Uguu, Goddess of Anime
1d100+2=77

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Grandmother, God of House and Home

1d100+4 = 61

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Eleathas, the Goddess of Civilization

Rolled: An 80!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Karthomis, God of Altruism lets someone else go first. No, I insist. It's fine, really.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Cower before me as I roll a...

(Rolls a 36+3 Counts the number of people with higher rolls)

Being a wisp is more fun anyways.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Cower before me as I roll a...

(Rolls a 36+3 Counts the number of people with higher rolls)

Being a wisp is more fun anyways.

You wisped 4 times in the last age, just fyi.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Lazisylis! God/dess of--

Become!: 1d100+2 28

-- uh, well, hmm

Side note, dog kisser, you might want to specify a campaign name to roll under on orokos so they're all in one place.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Luxeguerre, God of Illumination

Age 2 God-Roll: 1d100+3 70

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Maatalous, Goddess of Growing Things

http://orokos.com/roll/394852: 1d100 74

Plus 4 for my Wisp Count becomes 78!

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Harkon, God of War Evolution

Godhood: 1d100+4 26

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A Darker Porpoise posted:

You wisped 4 times in the last age, just fyi.

Ah, thanks for the catch.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

1d100+3 = 55

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Nin, Goddess of Vermin

Big money, no whammies...Stop!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Fortuna, goddess of luck
Godhood go go go go: 1d100 55+4=59?

:sigh:

Still, it's better than the 3 I rolled last time!

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
Zof, God of Recipes

Godhood: 79 20

Aabcehmu fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 22, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Aabcehmu posted:

Zof, God of Recipes

Godhood: 79

Aabcehmu, God of Baloney

I'm afraid the 20 stands, for now. Everyone gets a chance, though - better luck next time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
I expected that rolls made before you had opened for new god applications would not be accepted anyway, but I will bow to that decision. Editing now.

• Locked thread