Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Eleathas, Goddess of Civilization

3HP

Eleathas takes a few seconds to get her bearings in Somewhere, then sees an interesting area down below that catches her attention. Chromesport, a bustling hub of activity, where two peoples meet. She drifts down, witnesses the Silvurtle and Aqueau peoples forming the basis of a a settlement, and nods sagely. There is something happening here, something more than two peoples merely living together. Something more than a feel-good story.

There is history.

She observes her new subjects more intently, and can immediately pick up the signs. A permanent place to live has been given a name. They celebrate the arrival of their allies, and ponder the meaning of life. They have already grown so much. And yet, she reckons, they could achieve so much more if they stood on the shoulders of their ancestors.

She reveals herself to the people on a bright day, holding out both of her arms as she descends from the heavens, and when their gazes turn to her, she speaks:

"May the seas always be calm and the bay always be bountiful upon this beautiful city. I have seen your growth. You have truly thrived in Somewhere, and I can only congratulate you for that.
I have heard your songs, and I have listened to your musings. I can hear a deep desire resonate within all of you. A desire to be more than simply
here.

You wish to celebrate, not just to sing!

You wish to commemorate, not just to remember!

You wish to understand, not just to know!

I have heard your desires, and I shall help you achieve your dreams."

Eleathas floats towards their philosophers, their brightest and most curious. She briefly touches them on their foreheads, and whispers:

"I bestow upon thee the gift of history. Write down your thoughts and your memories, explain your ideas and your discoveries, so everyone may experience them as if they were their own. And read those of your forefathers, so you may continue their lines of thoughts and finish their works."

She turns towards the people again, and this time, louder, she boasts: "Go forth and chronicle!"

Bestowing upon the Silvurtle the gift of history and chronicles: 4. :smith:

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Eleathas
Wisp count: 5

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Just as a note, I can't imagine voting me below 1 will do anything but make things more disastrous, so please do <3

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Just as a note, I can't imagine voting me below 1 will do anything but make things more disastrous, so please do <3

It will make sure you don't succeed even if you have filthy minions voting for you against the Silvaqueau cause.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Absurd Revolver posted:

"On a roll of 1, lose 2 HP and your Action backfires entirely, causing the opposite effect."

Also what Waci said :v:.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Also, Dog Kisser, your post is still showing the previous 5 gods' icons for me. Might want to check that out?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
No one, not even the dice roller apparently, is going to support that kind of destruction. Tidur rides alone.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Hi - screwed up god icons and something else, but can't fix from here! I will sort it out later tonight!

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.
+1 Eleathas

If I don't post this, they'll keep chattering in Finnish.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

+1 Eleathas

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

+1 to Eleathas

Wisp count: 5

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
+1 to Eleathas

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Tarix- God of Whispers

3HP

The Verre hid in shadow. Darting to and fro, without purpose save survival and curiosity. One hunter, Quintzite the thrice-pure, did not stand out. The heat of his birth had struck his crystal flesh without pigment nor facet. A curse, his family whispered. Perhaps they had done something wrong to anger their goddess? They could scarcely see his face and so thought the child was born without soul. Qunitzite grew up a pariah amount nomads. The isolation hardened his resolve, swearing to become the greatest of the Verre.

And so Quintzite did. No Verre could hide within a sunbeam. No Verre could claim the pips of the crawling dice-things of the Mad King's domain and return unscathed. No Verre could steal a page of the sheet music of the Grand High Silvurtle and replace it with a ruder version. Quintzite could, but none would believe one as transparent as he. The harder Quintzite tried, the more shunned he became until, with heavy heart, Quintzite simply disappeared.

Far to the northeast on the edge of the lapping ocean a clocked figure sat casting shards of glass into the seething water.

Skip....splash...sizzle
Skip....splash...sizzle
Skip....splash..."shhhh".

And all became quiet. The crashing waves struck silently, the wind disappeared and even the low thrum of Quintzites Crystal heart ceased. The walls in between pulled taut as...something began to push through. Quintzite sat horrified as he watched an inverted image of himself lean out of a tear in the air. Tarix simply smiled and drew a thin finger to his lips. A low voice danced across the ether and found purchase in the ears of the Pariah.

"Quintzite of Verre. Sometimes the loudest voice is the most quiet. You must warn the people. A war is coming. The Mad King threatens all with his abominations. Whisper this in all the quiet places. Your name will forever live in the shadows. I, Tarix, God of Whispers commands this of you my disciple. Listen for me when the air grows still. Now run. They are after you."

The dark Quintzite then begins to slip back between the walls, leaving a dumbstruck mortal reeling. After a few moments alone the Pariah turns to his task and runs out into the night.

Warn The Verre that war is coming 1d20: 10

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Apr 25, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Uguu, Goddess of Anime 3/3

"Fufufufufu~ What a sorry sight these Fortungnat are. But they're in luck!"

Uguu sent forth a wind of cherry blossoms and brought eight poor SOBs lucky souls into her Secret Place, where the immediately began crying. "Please, let us get back to work, please, he'll know we're gone, he'll... he-"

Uguu cut them off. "Fufufu! Don't worry, that King of yours won't suspect a thing. His Anomalice? They are BAKA!" She threw her arms into the air at that last word and with that, a still image of a Fortugnat laborer appeared. Then she snapped her fingers and it came to life. -ish. It was stuck in a crude, 4-frame animation loop, but the Fortugnat abductees all watched in stunned silence, since they weren't familiar with animated gifs. "See, that's all that it takes to distract those brutes. They probably think you're working harder than ever, fufufufufu! And that little job, you could learn how to do it yourselves by the end of the week. Your old King," she snapped her fingers again and the killswitch spears miraculously vanished from their heads, "he is no longer your ruler."

And so the training began, though two of the original eight washed out from exhaustion (Uguu kept them in her Cage of Shame, both to motivate the others and their replacements, and also to amuse herself). Over the weeks they learned how to create images and animate them economically. Some of them were less adept at animation than others, and these were told to limit themselves to still silent images, or "manga," which had special rules for conveying ideas and emotions.

Beyond technique and substance there was also style. The manganaka must draw huge eyes. There were special icons, like the sweat drop and the bulging vein and the snot bubble, that should be used to signify various things. If it's gay they had to have huge hands. People took communal baths in hot milk springs. Many people had some kind of spiky head covering, which Uguu told them was called "hair." The list of stylistic rules went on and on.

At length Uguu saw that they had reached the limits of mortal ability. "Sugoi! Now we bring anime and manga to the people! Fufufufufufuuu~" She whisked the eight Master Mangaka away to separate small cells in forgotten corners of the Tomb of the Last Gamble. "Don't worry about going out to find students, put out a call for them and they'll come to you soon enough."

Training eight Fortugnat Master Manganaka the occult arts of Mangamancy and Animestrology, so they may bring joy back to their people: 1d20=11

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 25, 2016

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Changing my Wisp to +1 to Tarix

Wisp Count: still 3

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
+1 to Uguu

Wisp Count: 1

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
+1 to Uguu

Wisp Count: 5

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 to Tarix

Wispiness: 4

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

+1 to Eleathas

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
+1 to Uguu

DCB's Wisp Count: 5 (+5 Bonus)

Anime will free the Fortugnat from their bondage. I... I don't know how to feel about this.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

+1 to Tarix

Catmandu smiles upon those who help the Verre. However, anyone who suggests that Catmandu does not love all of her children is sadly mistaken. Tread carefully.

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 25, 2016

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Anime shall be the great liberator!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

+1 to Eleathas

Wisp Count: 3

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I like the history, anime, and invisible cat votes, and I'm glad they're all doing well. But I gotta give this one to Czar just to see what sort of architecture he comes up with.

+1 God building

Wisp 5.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 25, 2016

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
Gonna hop on the CZARtrain.

Because without an awesome Skyfortress, where are our spiky-haired Uguu-worshippers gonna confront the final boss for their glowing katana fight?

Whistopher Robins = 4;

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Fixed the God Icons! Gods, go back and edit them into your posts so I can see you easily! Sorry for the inconvenience!

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

+1 to CZAR!

Wisp counter: 3 (1 this age)

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
+1 to Uguu

Let's see where this wild ride goes.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

+1 to Tarix

WC: 4

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+1 to Uguu

Careless Wispers: 5

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

+1 to CZAR

Not that he needs it. Since he is already The Best.

Wisp Counter: 5

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
+1 Tidur

Feels like I am the only one that tries to prevent disaster.

God of Lost Causes, that's a good one.

Wispy count: 5

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

How is it preventing disaster when you're helping a God cause a disaster? :v:

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

A Darker Porpoise posted:

How is it preventing disaster when you're helping a God cause a disaster? :v:

I dunno what is the opposite negative effect of a complete disaster?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 Uguu

Wisp Actions: 1

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

-1 Uguu

Wisp count: 2

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
A goddess tries to help the peoples of the city, yet by herself there are troubles. But there is a rightness to her cause, one worthy of support.

+1 to Eleathas

This Wisp has reached out to Somewhere thrice.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
-1 to Tarix, god of Whispers

Who would even listen to a verre outcast like Quintzite?

DSMG's Wisp Actions Taken: 4

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

The whisp which would become the god of boundaries and the in-between added his strength to czar's might.

+1 czar

5th whisping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
+1 Wisp for Elthas

1 Wisping.

• Locked thread