Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Lets forget for a moment that we should be afraid of the people running from ISIS because they might somehow be ISIS:

If Islam was such a violent religion then why don't we have over a billion people of the islamic faith rising up around the world in violence? If islam is so monolithic and violent then why has the primary victim of ISIS been other muslims

We do have a fair portion rising up. South America isn't ruled by stateless Catholic terror army nor is East Asia by a roving band of Buddhists. Only areas with Islam seem to have this problem, to this degree, over and over again. And yes ISIS kills other muslims but they generally regard them as heretics. The narcissism of small differences and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

AllanGordon posted:

this actually isn't a good argument on the nonviolence of the muslims

It is when you consider that the group killing other Muslims (or really anyone at all, for that matter) is a tiny minority of all Muslims.:ssh:

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
kasich devouring his cruz

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rakovsky maybe posted:

We do have a fair portion rising up. South America isn't ruled by stateless Catholic terror army nor is East Asia by a roving band of Buddhists. Only areas with Islam seem to have this problem, to this degree, over and over again. And yes ISIS kills other muslims but they generally regard them as heretics. The narcissism of small differences and all that.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32929855

Buddhism is not monolothic either and is not all non-violent. There is Buddhist violence in SE asia.

Oh yea and South America is a bastion of peace right? Guess you haven't heard of the violence in Mexico, or Honduras, or Colombia, or Venezuela, or Brazil.

Colombia and Mexico are bordering on failed states as it is with the amount of Cartel violence. poo poo Colombia even still has FARC running around.

poo poo Narcos even venerate Santa Muerte, the saint of death. But of course you're gonna say folk catholicism isn't representative of all catholics!

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 25, 2016

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

rakovsky maybe posted:

Look, when you have nine bodies hanged from a bridge in Mexico, it is nobler than hanging nine people from a bridge in Syria because the people hanging in Mexico were hanged because of drugs, while the people in Syria were hanged because of religion. If you don't see how the former is more virtuous, then I don't know what to tell you!

Fidel Castronaut fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 25, 2016

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

rakovsky maybe posted:

Ah yes of course East Asia doesn't have any Muslims, coughThelargestpopulatedMuslimstatecough

EDIT: And yeah we've never had a significant South American terrorist group coughThefuckingFarcyouignorantidiotcough

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 25, 2016

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Look, when you have nine bodies hanged from a bridge in Mexico, it is nobler than hanging nine people from a bridge in Syria because the people hanging in Mexico were hanged because of drugs, while the people in Syria were hanged because of religion. If you don't see how the former is more virtuous, then I don't know what to tell you!

Hey hey hey

There is a distinct and key difference between those two things

The former lets me hate mexicans

the latter lets me hate muslims!

make murica great again, vote trump

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Phi230 posted:

A small group of <50,000 is not representative of a religion of over 1 billion that should go without saying

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

So Trump's supporters - and the media - are energized by the announcement of the plan to game the system and steal the nomination from the guy with the most delegates

And the very next day one of the two guys is muddling the message and going against the plan in the pivotal state of Indiana, leaving #NeverTrump confused and ineffective

And it's the day before voting, literally the worst possible time to be giant morons

What....How....Why...? These are career politicians, how can they be this dumb at the worst possible moment

:psyduck:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

FistEnergy posted:

So Trump's supporters - and the media - are energized by the announcement of the plan to game the system and steal the nomination from the guy with the most delegates

And the very next day one of the two guys is muddling the message and going against the plan in the pivotal state of Indiana, leaving #NeverTrump confused and ineffective

And it's the day before voting, literally the worst possible time to be giant morons

What....How....Why...? These are career politicians, how can they be this dumb at the worst possible moment

Kasich to Trump: I would gladly stab Cruz Tuesday for a deli meat sandwich today

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yea and I can get a poll that shows a majority of people wanna ban dihydrogen monoxide

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And a significant percentage of Christian young people believe in the efficacy of dropping nuclear weapons in the ME. Your point is?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MysteriousStranger posted:

Immigration is an economic and social issue. Our immigration policy is deliberately rigged to drive down wages and help big business. It keeps wages down so the professional class and business gets things cheaper and is not affected, and if any labor field that isn't professional class starts to see rising wages, policy is changed to drive those wages the gently caress down and fast. Sure, there's a lot of "grrr Mexicans", but people love to focus on that so we can ignore that immigration policy boils down to "how do we gently caress working class and poor people as much as possible while making sure it doesn't touch the professionals".

you know the people most hurt by immigration is professionals getting greencarded out of jobs right, like illegals coming over the border has proven to have a positive effect on wages and economic health.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Young people are really dumb when it comes to war and glory and other dumb things.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

FistEnergy posted:

Indiana is May 3rd.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you want to look at what's hurting the lower class the most then look at the service industries and companies that function on high turnover, illegals don't drive down wages because the more people here buying poo poo the more jobs you get.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Please Bill just this ONCE be right pleeease

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/724690069974597632

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

mlmp08 posted:

Indiana is May 3rd.

whoops yeah thanks

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Shageletic posted:

And a significant percentage of Christian young people believe in the efficacy of dropping nuclear weapons in the ME. Your point is?

Yeah but I don’t live in the Middle East.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Got that poll?

http://i.imgur.com/V00uDlV.jpg

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

6 months later and I'm startled when I see this face.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Is there any context for that poll? Because I'm willing to wager that the valid circumstances aren't "French nightclub existing" and "people jogging."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I know what I'll do as a despised candidate, I will choose another despised candidate as VP

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Buddhism is not monolothic either and is not all non-violent. There is Buddhist violence in SE asia.

Oh yea and South America is a bastion of peace right? Guess you haven't heard of the violence in Mexico, or Honduras, or Colombia, or Venezuela, or Brazil.

Colombia and Mexico are bordering on failed states as it is with the amount of Cartel violence. poo poo Colombia even still has FARC running around.

poo poo Narcos even venerate Santa Muerte, the saint of death. But of course you're gonna say folk catholicism isn't representative of all catholics!

I specifically said "to this degree, over and over again". Obviously the human capacity for violence is a commonality worldwide. But only Islam encourages it in the manner it does. Pretending otherwise is willing blindness. Check out Oiled and Ready's infographics for more details.

I'm just sure that nearly half of all Catholics believe you should be killed for leaving the faith. I feel it in my heart.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I'm just curious how the election would look if Ted Cruz is indeed the nominee and Trump runs third party ala Perot.

Like...I know Hillary wins, but how would the electoral college look?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
My unpopular opinion: time travelers are justified in suicide‐bombing Hitler.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Phi230 posted:

One of the reasons God Emperor Rajapaksa lost reelection in Sri Lanka was his turning a blind eye to riot incitement by literal Buddhist monks (against Muslims, mostly). Also the Tamil Tigers, although they were vaguely Hindu at most. Otoh, India's Modi has ties to violent rear end in a top hat Hindu nationalists who commit mob violence and forcibly convert Muslims and Christians "back to the faith of their forebears".

Nobody except, uh, some of those Hindu nationalists accuses SL Buddhists of being violent and murderous on account of their religion. (I don't blame Tamil Nadu loudmouths for dissing SL, exactly, I am just an SL sympathizer and root for my team.)

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

I can assure all of you that the last thing my Muslim students in Dearborn care about is anything going on in Rhode Island. That also applies to "everybody outside of Rhode Island."

rakovsky maybe posted:

I'm just sure that nearly half of all Catholics believe you should be killed for leaving the faith. I feel it in my heart.

You could probably find a fair number that think killing abortion doctors isn't that terrible of a thing.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Is there any context for that poll? Because I'm willing to wager that the valid circumstances aren't "French nightclub existing" and "people jogging."

I think the context is uh Iraq, Iraq War 2, Israel as our greatest ally (Gaza War, 7 day war, Palestinian issue), Iranian Revolution....and on....

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The shock of exactly nobody in Indiana, Bobby Knight, choker of students and picker of fights in grocery stores to join him at rally on Wednesday

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Al! posted:

The Republican Party knows that Ted Cruz is unelectable on a national stage, right?

You mean the same party of climate denial, trans = pedophiles, gun ownership at all costs, the Laffer curve, WMDs in Iraq, Reaganomics, bootstraps, bypassing democratically elected officials (Detroit/Flint), voter suppression, FYGM, privatizing all services and utilities, the Prosperity Gospel, and #Blue Lives Matter?

That party?

They've been wrong about every single thing for the last 60 years. They're loving retards, and this season's primary race was like that one school that had special ed kids in an illegal fight club months back.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I can assure all of you that the last thing my Muslim students in Dearborn care about is anything going on in Rhode Island. That also applies to "everybody outside of Rhode Island."

Muslims aren't a voting bloc. There's only one ethnic minority too small to be a voting factor that still gets the pander treatment, and we all know who that is and why.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rakovsky maybe posted:

I specifically said "to this degree, over and over again". Obviously the human capacity for violence is a commonality worldwide. But only Islam encourages it in the manner it does. Pretending otherwise is willing blindness. Check out Oiled and Ready's infographics for more details.

To what degree??

Over 100,000 people in Mexico alone have died as a result of drug violence.

the Medellin cartel did public executions, car bombings

Cartels today put videos up of sawing peoples heads off with chainsaws. Hanging dozens off of bridges in front of the US/Mex border.

Show me violence ISIS does and I will show you that some drug cartel in south america does it too.

But no we just gotta shift the goal posts so you can maintain your anti-muslim hate.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

There is a joy to seeing Ted Cruz get booed at an event...hosted by Fox News

https://youtu.be/EHuaR4k5toU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Oiled and Ready posted:

I think the context is uh Iraq, Iraq War 2, Israel as our greatest ally (Gaza War, 7 day war, Palestinian issue), Iranian Revolution....and on....

But there is nothing in that chart that says "justified to carry out in the U.S." Probably because they don't think that, but WATCH OUT Rhode Island.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

The shock of exactly nobody in Indiana, Bobby Knight, choker of students and picker of fights in grocery stores to join him at rally on Wednesday

Trump flip flops again, embraces a chocker

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

You could probably find a fair number that think killing abortion doctors isn't that terrible of a thing.

This is a cowardly thing to say. A "fair number"? You could probably find like, 30 in the US tops. Definitely not even remotely comparable to the number of muslims who think death should be the penalty for apostasy.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

take the Muslims Are Evil poo poo to reddit or 4chan and talk about the republican party primary here

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rakovsky maybe posted:

This is a cowardly thing to say. A "fair number"? You could probably find like, 30 in the US tops. Definitely not even remotely comparable to the number of muslims who think death should be the penalty for apostasy.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/11/29/us/30abortion-clinic-violence.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

take the Muslims Are Evil poo poo to reddit or 4chan and talk about the republican party primary here

you cannot disconnect the republican party from islamaphobia

• Locked thread