Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd say we're still about a generation away from abortion being off the GOP slate and expanded safety nets being added to it

Probably more than a generation on the second one. Right now there are basically no living GOP from the era of the party not treating any and all social spending as a bank account to mask the loss of revenue from endless tax cuts

Boosted, do you seriously see your party coming out and condemning the Kansas Experiment any time soon? Certainly Trump isn't going to, and neither will any future Trumpocrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Based on racism, which is a social issue. At best, an argument can be made for both but if you think he's pivoting on social issues and that Isamophobia and "Grrr, Mexicans!" is divorced from social issues, then you are not a smart cookie!

Immigration is an economic and social issue. Our immigration policy is deliberately rigged to drive down wages and help big business. It keeps wages down so the professional class and business gets things cheaper and is not affected, and if any labor field that isn't professional class starts to see rising wages, policy is changed to drive those wages the gently caress down and fast. Sure, there's a lot of "grrr Mexicans", but people love to focus on that so we can ignore that immigration policy boils down to "how do we gently caress working class and poor people as much as possible while making sure it doesn't touch the professionals".

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Cabinet posted:

Tom Brady is a mess

Tom Brady is a baby back bitch

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Immigration is an economic and social issue. Our immigration policy is deliberately rigged to drive down wages and help big business. It keeps wages down so the professional class and business gets things cheaper and is not affected, and if any labor field that isn't professional class starts to see rising wages, policy is changed to drive those wages the gently caress down and fast. Sure, there's a lot of "grrr Mexicans", but people love to focus on that so we can ignore that immigration policy boils down to "how do we gently caress working class and poor people as much as possible while making sure it doesn't touch the professionals".

I said it could be both so let's go ahead and say it's all three: national security, economic, and social. So, yeah, there's a huge social issue, racism, that he absolutely is not pivoting on and it is worthy of lols to imply otherwise.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody else think that linking Islam as a national security risk is a bit racist

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Bernice Anders posted:

Really wish you'd take that break man. It's getting embarrassing how much this is affecting you.

It is you

You are the embarrassing

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Beck was all WASHROOM chat mixed in with Grover Norquist being a muslim brotherhood plant.

Rush so far has been about TRUMP BEING TRUMP again and now he's spending the last 20 minutes of his show on Bathroom stuff. He's arguing that Trump is walking back his statement.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
The Donald Trump of college basketball, Bobby Knight will be endorsing Trump at a rally in Indianapolis this Wednesday.

Perfect guy to throw chairs at the #CruzCrew in the Cleveland shitstorm.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

My Syrian friends would agree with this sentiment (they're Christians who came here years ago because it was too dangerous to remain among their countrymen who were adherents of the peace-loving religion of Islam).

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Boosted_C5 posted:

My Syrian friends would agree with this sentiment (they're Christians who came here years ago because it was too dangerous to remain among their countrymen who were adherents of the peace-loving religion of Islam).

Lets forget for a moment that we should be afraid of the people running from ISIS because they might somehow be ISIS:

If Islam was such a violent religion then why don't we have over a billion people of the islamic faith rising up around the world in violence? If islam is so monolithic and violent then why has the primary victim of ISIS been other muslims

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mike12345 posted:

I just remember Nancy Pelosi in '12 saying a Gingrich presidency will never happen, "because we know stuff". So basically I support Gingrich as VP, because I want to know what that stuff is.

He secretly just wants to be a goddamn zookeeper. Pelosi will just open up a spot at the San Diego zoo and Gingrich will break down into tears and abandon his party never to return.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Prof. Lurker posted:

The Donald Trump of college basketball, Bobby Knight will be endorsing Trump at a rally in Indianapolis this Wednesday.

Ok see now I agree, Trump is going to sweep Indiana

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The Cruz/Kasich alliance is a mess!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Phi230 posted:

Lets forget for a moment that we should be afraid of the people running from ISIS because they might somehow be ISIS:

If Islam was such a violent religion then why don't we have over a billion people of the islamic faith rising up around the world in violence? If islam is so monolithic and violent then why has the primary victim of ISIS been other muslims

Silence is Violence.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/724662055198822404

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Prof. Lurker posted:

Knight being a Trump supporter is like the least surprising thing imaginable.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

Silence is Violence.

Where are all the christians in America denouncing all the acts of violence done by christians then???

Christianity is a religion of violence, ban all christian entry to the country

let me cite christian on christian violence statistics

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

ISIS - strong enough to be a major threat to America, weak enough to be stopped by your average door lock.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bernice Anders posted:

Knight being a Trump supporter is like the least surprising thing imaginable.

Trump!

*throws chair*

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Could turn a gay man straight.:gonk:

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:mensch:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
A Trump presidency with a major isolationist bent would probably do more to promote long-term middle east stability than any president since, I dunno, Carter?

Of course that's not what would actually happen, although after the nigh-unending nuclear hell fire that would be unleashed, things might be pretty peaceful.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

My...friends

Not a chance this is true.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Phi230 posted:

Anybody else think that linking Islam as a national security risk is a bit racist

It's whatever word that means it's totally not racism and that some how makes it less bad without explaining how it isn't equally bigoted or not a dog whistle

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx
So I just got my Voter's Guide for the Oregon Primaries in the mail on Friday. Excited to be voting for Bernie as well as Ron Wyden (US Senator) and Kate Brown (our awesome bisexual lady Governor).

The funny thing is, for all of Kasich's talk about campaigning hard for Oregon, he didn't submit a candidate description for the Voter's Guide. So there's no Entry for Kasich in the Voter's Guide at all, just Cruz and Trump.

Edit: Also, Peter DeFazio, my congress critter, is running unopposed in the Dem Primary which is a bit surprising since his endorsement of unilateral, non-voter approved expansion of public transit in Eugene-Springfield has been more than a little controversial due to its negative effects on small businesses along W 11th during construction.

Fox Ironic fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 25, 2016

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Phi230 posted:

Where are all the christians in America denouncing all the acts of violence done by christians then???

Christianity is a religion of violence, ban all christian entry to the country

let me cite christian on christian violence statistics

I was quoting die antwoord I didn't read what you posted tbh

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

I was quoting die antwoord I didn't read what you posted tbh

i am uncultured

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Pick posted:

He secretly just wants to be a goddamn zookeeper. Pelosi will just open up a spot at the San Diego zoo and Gingrich will break down into tears and abandon his party never to return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4ttVP2cyK4&t=235s

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!
Toxxing for the GE got brought up a few pages ago, so let me repeat what I've said elsewhere: There will General Election Toxx Threads, but I won't be posting it until we get through the Primaries since we'll most likely follow the pattern of last election and have a "Toxx for [PARTY NOMINEE]" for each of the two major parties.

Of course, if a certain vulgar talking yam gets stabbed in the back and subsequently ends up doing something loopy as an independent or, I dunno, on the Libertarian ticket somehow, we might even have three!

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

oh

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Trump pivoted 360 degrees and kept going in the same direction.

Sad!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Toxxing for the GE got brought up a few pages ago, so let me repeat what I've said elsewhere: There will General Election Toxx Threads, but I won't be posting it until we get through the Primaries since we'll most likely follow the pattern of last election and have a "Toxx for [PARTY NOMINEE]" for each of the two major parties.

Of course, if a certain vulgar talking yam gets stabbed in the back and subsequently ends up doing something loopy as an independent or, I dunno, on the Libertarian ticket somehow, we might even have three!

There should be three anyway. :colbert:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

SPUSA's catchin' on I tell ya!

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
https://twitter.com/mviser/status/724652609802502146

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Phi230 posted:

If islam is so monolithic and violent then why has the primary victim of ISIS been other muslims

this actually isn't a good argument on the nonviolence of the muslims

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

This is the Dean scream 2016.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

AllanGordon posted:

A small group of <50,000 is not representative of a religion of over 1 billion that should go without saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

AllanGordon posted:

Well, if Islam were monolithic, there wouldn't be a group of Muslims killing other Muslims because that would be counter to being a monolith.

• Locked thread