Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

odiv posted:

Has no one mentioned the Lionsgate thing? Movie rentals? What the hell?

https://twitter.com/steam_games/status/724669303476211713

Rentals though?

I was momentarily excited, when I saw ... Lionhead studios The Movies, available on Steam. Dahhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Alien: Isolation is 75% off and you should own it. Best game of 2014.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Red Mundus posted:

Is corpse party worth grabbing and if so, how big is the download size?
Nope, it's creepy poo poo.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Turns out Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood might have some issues running on modern systems.

I should have suspected something when all the intro videos were flipped upside down. Time to consult some guides and tinker about.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Accordion Man posted:

Nope, it's creepy poo poo.

i mean if it's a horror game then that's usually a good thing

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mierenneuker posted:

Turns out Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood might have some issues running on modern systems.

I should have suspected something when all the intro videos were flipped upside down. Time to consult some guides and tinker about.
3D sonogram mode looks awesome

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

General Morden posted:

i mean if it's a horror game then that's usually a good thing
Bad kind of creepy, like "the dev is clearly getting off on this" creepy.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

I think its more the translator than the original dev

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mierenneuker posted:

The intro vids being upside down started on vista or 7, i forget which, but the actual game still worked. It's just a codec issue, iirc, though one you can't really fix. There's no in-game cutscenes so it was a nonissue. I have never seen your graphical thing there though :shrug:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Mierenneuker posted:

lol it's like you somehow turned it into an indie game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Wizard Styles posted:

Cool, thanks, you made me spend money on a RPGMaker game.

well, I hope you enjoy it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shima Honnou posted:

lol it's like you somehow turned it into an indie game

it still looks like it has more detail, color pallete, and textures than most indie games

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

This thread unironically loves huniepop so that alone isn't a bad thing

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Mierenneuker posted:

Why would you want to change this though?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Castlevania lords of shadow is on sale is it good

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Call of Juarez: Bound in Butter

Abu Dave posted:

Yes it's a pretty rad and surprisingly long game. I've heard the sequel kinda blows though.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Palpek posted:

Why would you want to change this though?

Unfortunately it is really hard to accomplish things in a first person shooter when your character's face is constantly blocking the view.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Yes it's a pretty rad and surprisingly long game. I've heard the sequel kinda blows though.

It cannot be overstated how bad the sequel is. It's bad in every possible way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

No.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lords of Shadow is a passable God of War clone. Lords of Shadow 2 is a game rushed out the goddamn door because Konami was already on its way out the video game door and the development head was a giant rear end in a top hat.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Lords of Shadow is a passable God of War clone. Lords of Shadow 2 is a game rushed out the goddamn door because Konami was already on its way out the video game door and the development head was a giant rear end in a top hat.

Did you see the new game they're coming out with? It makes the art direction of Gears of War look nuanced.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Mierenneuker posted:

Oh drat, this loving glitch.

Go to C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Call of Juarez - Bound in Blood\Out\Settings and delete Video.scr and that should fix it (maybe?). You'll probably have to do it every time you start the game, too.

drkeiscool fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 26, 2016

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have any opinions on the new Hitman? Steam reviews seem to be swamped with complaints about always-on DLC and some technical faults rather than complaints about the game itself. The ones that do talk about the game seem really positive. Is it really "Blood Money, but bigger, and episodic"? Because that sounds awesome.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Pierson posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on the new Hitman? Steam reviews seem to be swamped with complaints about always-on DLC and some technical faults rather than complaints about the game itself. The ones that do talk about the game seem really positive. Is it really "Blood Money, but bigger, and episodic"? Because that sounds awesome.

Basically, yeah. The game tracks your stats online and while you can play it offline, the servers at launch weren't exactly stable and kicked you out of your current game session back to the main menu. This I believe has gotten patched so it will reconnect to the server without interrupting your gameplay. It also wasn't the most optimized game for Nvidia cards though that's more Nvidia dropping the ball lately on supporting recent games than anything to do with the developers. It was also fairly buggy but they're the funny kind of bugs where you can drown everyone in a level in the toilet, through a wall.

But for the most part it's Blood Money with larger levels, episodic and a more modern control scheme. There's a lot of markers and instinct from Absolution returns but you can turn all that off and unlike Absolution, you aren't playing with a severe handicap with all that disabled either.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Abu Dave posted:

The first one will eventually start to drag on and on and the DLC chapters that are included are, to me at least, terrible (the second one ends with a boss fight that took me hours to beat, maybe I'm just bad) but I'm not one to complain too loudly about too much content. The levels you go through are at least quite distinctive from each others, even if some overstay their welcome.

So is it good? Yeah, but not great.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
One of the dumb things about Lords of Shadow is that your magic power bar that makes you stronger gets filled when you don't need it (when you're getting high combos and not getting hit).

It's not a very hard game though so whatever.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pierson posted:

Every person that I know that bought it ended up reporting that the main issues have been ironed out and they're all psyched as hell for the next episode which is coming out imminently. I think I'm gonna pick it up when the second episode drops.

And like the previous poster said, the AI bugs are the funny kind and not the frustrating kind. Like you can hide in a pile of dead bodies and no one will notice sometimes, and you can kill everyone in the Paris level by luring passers-by into a 10 inch wide puddle of water next to a power generator. Silly jank like that.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Second episode has been out for something like five hours now, actually. Only done one run so far, but it seems even better than the first.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Veotax posted:

Second episode has been out for something like five hours now, actually. Only done one run so far, but it seems even better than the first.

That was today? Dang, I've been all wrapped up in Dark Souls 3.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
New Hitman has a really strong chance of ending up being better than Blood Money.

Hell I already put more time in the first levels of new Hitman than Blood Money in its entirety.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The glitches in Hitman are fun, the gameplay is fun, it's a fun game. The only thing I can say is I wish it were actually completed when they released it.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
DS1 trip report: Club

I've never used a club before. I mostly played a cleric gimmicked into a quick +2 astorias before the the first boss. Conveniently this sword also let me murder through the puppeteer guy. Club is the funnest thing yet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Want some american trucker discount codes? Have fun!

(I quite literally have hundreds of discount codes they would have otherwise thrown away.)

more:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 27, 2016

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

GreenBuckanneer posted:

(I quite literally have hundreds of discount codes they would have otherwise thrown away.)

thanks, I took the 9th one

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
Regarding Dark Souls 1, is there any thing you need to do specifically when installing the game with DSFix?(Like starting the game at least once before running DSFix?)

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

Max Wilco posted:

Regarding Dark Souls 1, is there any thing you need to do specifically when installing the game with DSFix?(Like starting the game at least once before running DSFix?)

Think you just need to disable AA

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Some Expeditions Conquistador too:

sorry for the blurriness, i can't get my scanner to work on win10 :smith:

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 27, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks for the american trucker sim coupon :)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

how did you get these grey market g2a-esque coupons

you didn't grab em from a dumpster did you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mortimer posted:

how did you get these grey market g2a-esque coupons

you didn't grab em from a dumpster did you

They were giving them away at PAX East, and they had so much left over they gave them to us, the Enforcers (volunteers). If they didn't give them to us, they'd literally throw them away.

Apparently this was the company: http://www.imgn.pro/

I also have discount codes for spintires and Kholat, and Superhot, but they're GMG discount codes (50, 50, 25 respectively)

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Apr 27, 2016

• Locked thread