Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Uguu, Goddess of Anime 3/3

"Nyaaaa~ neko neko nyaaaa! Nyaa-nyaa~! Nyaa- ...oh, you said something, didn't you?" Uguu stopped dancing for a moment and tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Fufufu~! Ni-Kun, you baka, think about it! If there were light everywhere, people could see everything! And with so much else around them, they might get distracted from anime and manga, nobody would want that. If your people didn't already live in a cave you would have had to make one, because a true otaku lives their life in darkness."

Ni seemed disheartened but resigned. "Fufufufufu~ don't be like that. You won't be trapped down here forever, carve it into your soul! Even so, the Fortugnat will always thrive best in the shadows, like a ninja." Uguu threw a smoke bomb and vanished with a fufufu~. :ninja:

---

Uguu went back to dancing for a while before she remembered that the Fortugnat didn't know what ninja were, and that wouldn't do. She abducted three Fortugnat in the manner of her Talismangaka and trained them in the ways of ninjutsu: with an emphasis on stealth, deception, and blinding speed, the ninja is an infiltrator and assassin. Their signature tools are the shuriken and the silversmoke bomb. :ninja:

For the sake of balance she also trained three Fortugnat samurai in the ways of bushido: with an emphasis on honor, strength of will, and contemplation, the samurai is an implacable warrior but also a poet at heart. Their signature equipment is the kabuto and the katana, an extremely sharp sword of glass and dice folded together as many as ten thousand times.

At least, that's how she had the Talismangaka present them, since Fortugnat industry wasn't up to the task of making such advanced technology under Deesix's nose. For now, samurai would have to make do with regular glass wakizashi instead of true katana, and the ninja would have to made do with regular hiding instead of silversmoke bombs. In any case, the six sensei were left in their dojos to wait for students to find them, following the messages hidden by the Talismangaka. Uguu herself protected the dojos by laying a maze of animation cels over pits, so that any anomalice who attempted to investigate would fall and be trapped, while the anime-savvy Fortugnat could navigate easily.

Hire a samurai:ninja::ninja: Create secret schools for Samurai and Ninja: 1d20=18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm inclined to give this one to Uguu but two other gods still need to post so we'll see.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

-1 to the CZAR

And I'm sorry, I know he's trying to be serious and terrifying but this is all I can think of while reading his posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUf3ZY9aNfI

ETA: Wisp count is 4

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 27, 2016

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
+1 to Uguu

Anime Will have my support this age

Wisp Count: 6

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

+1 CZAR

Careless Wispers: 6

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
+1 to Uguu's plan to make Naruto and Samurai Champloo a reality in somewhere.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Tarix- God of Whispers

On the night of darkest night, in a certain valley where an ancient river bed crosses a deep chasm of crystal. Here the winds cease to blow, any sound dies away and the air grows still. One of the few truly quiet places in Somewhere. They were known only to a chosen few, the Chosen of Quintzite. His few disciples gathered at these places. They spoke of rumors, secrets, wishes and plots. All of things whispered in the dark that the Verre have heard. There the Pariah and his scant followers spoke in the barest of whispers of everything going on in Somewhere until one day, they simply began to speak of Somewhere itself. What was the ocean? Why do the Gods die? What are the stars?

That night the last question was asked and what little sound there was, was silenced. The Chosen began to panic, arms flailing and mouth flapping uselessly. Quintzite was not afraid. He motioned for the Chosen to calm themselves for their whispers would be answered. The wall between Somewhere and realm of Tarix warped and shimmered as a thin blade of glass cut through. The Inverse form of the Pariah stepped through. The Chosen again stirred, their god walked among them. Their panic and jubilation were short as Tarix drew his blade to his lips and sushed them.

"Chosen of my Champion. I have heard your faint pleas for clarity. You wish to know the secrets of the stars. Ponder in ignorance no longer. Above the ocean lie the unborn children of gods. There they struggle, fight and die like mortals. The strongest of us are able to cut through to here and for a brief moment, cast our power out into the people and the land. Like the shrill cry of birth, soon too will I fade away into silence, but I will show you the true secret of existence..."

Tarix reached back into the void and plucked a single point of light from the heavens. The little wriggling thing twisted and thrashed in Tarix's grip but soon the whispered words of the predatory god broke the little wisp and power began to quickly dissipate from its broken form. The gathered quickly took the scent and felt the sharp resonance of their people.

"Fragile and Sharp. Anyone can be a god. Wisp or not, One must simply command the power without rancor or falsehood. Be not afraid, the smallest are less than a grain of sand in consequence, but the power they hold..." Tarix seized the remaining power of the dying ball and shaped the stuff of Nowhere into the Glass of somewhere. 7 blades. Simply starter tools for each of the Chosen, while Tarix's blade is handed to Quintzite. "I give you the second of my messages. This is the secret of the Verre. Only those of glass can wield the power to cut between the walls and catch the smallest of the Wisps. The knives are simply tools to focus your will. You will outgrow the need."

The gathered Verre were shocked. Some began to explore their gifts, and even poking a few quickly sealed holes in reality. Quintzite watched and smiled, even taking a moment to catch a small mote of Wisp through his experimental cut. He watched in amazement as the little spirit was quickly forged into a glittering bracelet of glass and even had enough energy left over to heal a faint scratch on his arm. Tarix was pleased, but gave caution as he stepped back into the Between.

"Do not abuse this power. Cast too large a net into the deep..." At that moment something massive surged past the rift, bubbles of Nowhere rushed into existence and quickly popped. A gargantuan eye drifted past, silhouetting a smiling Tarix.

"and only your catch will hear the screams."

Teaching the Verre Glass Magic 1d20 : 14

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 27, 2016

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

LivesInGrey posted:

-1 to the CZAR

And I'm sorry, I know he's trying to be serious and terrifying but this is all I can think of while reading his posts:

ETA: Wisp count is 4

really, you have to see the character to get the full effect.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arkanomen posted:

"Do not abuse this power. Cast too large a net into the deep..." At that moment something massive surged past the rift, bubbles of Nowhere rushed into existence and quickly popped. A gargantuan eye drifted past, silhouetting a smiling Tarix.

"and only your catch will hear the screams."

Teaching the Verre Glass Magic 1d20 : 14

So good

edit: Also, changing my last wisp vote to +1ing Tarix

This wisp has still only wisped 3 times

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 27, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
+1 to Uguu for DiceNinja!

DCB's Wisp Count: 6 (+5 Bonus)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Kinda wish I was a wisp so I could do something right now.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

-1 to CZAR!

Such a meaniehead. :colbert: I know they say pride goes before the fall but this is ridiculous. ;)

Wisp points: 6

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

+1 Tarix

4 wispings

Loel fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 27, 2016

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

The Wisp Who Will One Day Be The God Of Boundaries and The In-Between approves of Tarix's magics.

+1 tarix

6th whisping.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Tildu

6 wispings

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
+1 Uguu

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
+1 Tildur

Such unwarranted spitefulness I see!

At least you lot let Amyghal get most of the age in, this guy should get more then one!

Wispy count: 6

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
+1 to Tidur

Wisp Count: 2

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
A mere silhouette of its former self, a once-forming god of illumination sunk from the heavens and buried itself beneath the earth, whereupon it discovered orders of great magnitude.

This wisp adds +1 to Uguu's efforts in training the Fortugnats in Bushido and Ninjutsu by giving their martial arts the Sparkle and Darkle, respectively.

DSMG's Wisp Actions: 5

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

+1 Tidur

Wisp count: 3

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
-1 Tidur

Stop tormenting the Silvurtles

Wisp count 2

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Torment?! Making them angry won't make them tormented, it'll make them metal as gently caress, and if there's one thing I want to see it's literally metal turtle shredding sweet riffs and causing havoc.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

Torment?! Making them angry won't make them tormented, it'll make them metal as gently caress, and if there's one thing I want to see it's literally metal turtle shredding sweet riffs and causing havoc.

Someone can add spikes Im sure :v:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Eleathas, Goddess of Civilization
HP 3

dog kisser posted:

”Oh Wise Goddess, I have always wondered - what are the points of light in the night sky?

Eleathas, still feeling the power of the friendly wisps somewhat resonate within her, smiles and says: "Those are lesser gods. Many, thousands of them. They can steer the decisions of gods like me, by working with or against us, and empowering or weakening us. Endless potential, just outside of Somewhere. Which I believe is called Nowhere? Regardless, they can overpower even the greatest god with their sheer numbers. The raw power of their collective truly is boundless! Yes, if you could figure out what direction the majority up there is drifting, you could see what the future holds. Let me show you!"

Eleathas picks up a shard of glass, and shapes it, giving it a small concave form and holding it between her and the dark sky. A single wisp is now slightly more visible. Eleathas nods to herself, then gets to work.

She shows the Silvurtle how to shape glass themselves, giving it a concave form, and how to hold these new tools with wires or large tubes. "Create a small building, not dissimilar from the temples with domes you have already built. But let the roof be rotatable, and place a large shard of glass like this one in it. This will let you observe the Wisps more clearly, so you can understand the way the wind is blowing before it happens, anticipate calamities and capitalise on your golden ages."

In essence, Eleathas wishes to give them the power of precognition via astronomy and astrology. It's not perfect, heck, it's not even consistent. But seeing the movements of the wisps should give the Silvurtle a rough idea of where in Somewhere things are going down, and maybe see the new pantheon break through the barrier before they reveal themselves to them. Maybe they could already ask a single question to all of the gods at the beginning of a new age, if they spot their arrival early?

Granting the Silvurtle Astronomy and Astrology: a faint sense of precognition. Rolled... A... 2.... :smithicide:

Please help me again, friendly wisps!

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 27, 2016

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
I promised myself not to cast any negawisp votes in this game, but I'm readjusting that goal to not casting any negawisp votes unless the results are hilarious.

-1 to Eleathas; the prospect of a society that bases its decisions on quackery is too funny to pass up on. (Sorry!)

Wispings: 2

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Oooh, a 2. Ouch.

:lol: @ quackery though, that's hilarious.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I would had supported eleathas, but the roll is too low to save.

+1 Uguu

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Nyaa posted:

I would had supported eleathas, but the roll is too low to save.

+1 Uguu

At the very least you could turn an unmitigated disaster into a simple failure!

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 Tarix

Wispiness: 5

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
+1 Eleathas. We can have quacks when the laitache make a pale imitation of the grand silvurtle observatories.

We voted team catgirl into power in a warhammer game, we can save an observatory in this one.

Waci fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Apr 27, 2016

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
For fucks sake, quote is not edit. This app is awful.

Waci fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Apr 27, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Vote changed to +1 Eleathas.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

LivesInGrey posted:

And I'm sorry, I know he's trying to be serious and terrifying

Now are you absolutely sure of that my friend :allears:

LivesInGrey posted:

but this is all I can think of while reading his posts:

This is actually the correct interpretation of the character :ssh:

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
+1 to Eleathas

Wisp Count:2

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

-1 Czar

Maintain the purity isolation of CzarMark.

e: WC 5

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

+1 Tarix

Because yes, cat-people need to become glassmancers. Would've +1'd Uguu, but Uguu doesn't seem to realize that there are already ninja in Somewhere, and they are called the Verre.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Cmon guys, one more wisp for Tarix and we can bring about a new age of magic!

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
+1 to Eleathas

WIsp Count: 4

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

LuiCypher posted:

+1 Tarix

Because yes, cat-people need to become glassmancers. Would've +1'd Uguu, but Uguu doesn't seem to realize that there are already ninja in Somewhere, and they are called the Verre.

They're just that good at stealth!

+1 to Elethas
wisp count - 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

LuiCypher posted:

+1 Tarix

Why have one kind of ninja when you can have two? :colbert:

:ninja:

• Locked thread