Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

-1 to Uguu

Wisp Count: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

-1 Tarix

Wisp count: 5

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
+1 Uguu

Wisp count: 7 I think?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
+1 Tarix

Wispings: 3

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
+1 to Uguu but please get working on the exoskeletons please. There's not much time left for people to start learning how to pilot giant robots.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Wisp of Spite and Cruelty pulses with amusement at that which unfolds Somewhere below. The mad Tyrant King has provided much entertainment already, servicing the spheres and dominions that this Wisp claims for itself. Unleashing the gibbering remains of a once mighty hero upon a peaceful race of sensates is almost too exquisitely wonderful to be actually happening, but it is, and this Wisp is pleased.

+1 Tarix

The Wisp of Spite and Cruelty has exerted its influence 4 times.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
+1 Eleathas

This is my third wisping

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 28, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Conflict and harm. In the sky, the builder continued his bounteousness. Another dead god infected an individual on the way out, infusing it with an offensive nature. The Aqueau were undermined by the Tyrant King. The Verre were twisted and mutated, but their new forms came with healing abilities and were sent to aid the Fortugnat.

Despite the warping of their forms, there was a real need for healers. The wisp looked askance of the observatory-builder, to see if i should redirect energy there, but for the time being,

+1 Uguu

For the fifth time, Somewhere had been impacted. It made sure to avoid the cutting of the Verre, but was pleased at the weakening of the barrier.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Eleathas, Goddess of Civilization
HP: 2

Eleathas looked at the not-so-fantastic observatory, and sighed. She wasn't feeling particularly lucky today, and if it hadn't been for the wisps helping her out, this splitting headache would probably have been unbearable. But now some fool was making an inordinate amount of noise in town, and she was wondering where all the Aqueau had gone to, anyway. And thus, she left Chromesport to their own devices for a while, and she made her way to the north-east.

Oh.

The central lake was emptying itself before her very own eyes, and the Aqueau were slipping away, like soap in a rapidly draining bathtub! So chaotic and destructive, as well! Eleathas felt she needed to do something, but was distracted by some loud, booming song back in Chromesport. Who was that fool, anyway? She couldn't hear herself think. She'd have to deal with this first, and then figure out what to do about the Aqueau.

Back in Chromesport, Eleathas spotted Sterling booming all over. There was a hint of god-like power within him, and she vaguely knew he had been touched by another god. Probably that loud, obnoxious Tidur, who had used this poor lad for some unimaginative prank of sorts.

She gracefully descended from the sky, and spake:

"Oh, brave young hero of your people! Will- Stop! Don't shout! Ahem, as I was saying, brave champion of mine. I can see you have been afflicted by the terrible curse of being so damned loud all the time. I am willing to give you the solace you so earnestly seek, if - Silence! - if you were to perform one task for me. A great catastrophe has overcome our Aqueau companions, while exploring the central lake, and I would like to see you go over there and find out what is happening. There should be an Aqueau hero, called Droplette, still with the others at the Lake. If you can find her, you must recruit her to your party before venturing forth."

Knowing this lad is notoriously lazy, she added, this time with less flair of the dramatic and more threatening undertones: "If you succeed in plugging the hole, I shall reward you with a life of luxury at virtually no effort. Just you, under a glass tree, being fed milk by pretty Aqueau for all eternity. If you don't, a thousand curses upon you and your descendents. But fret not, for I shall help you in your quest. First of all, you must have the logistical support of your community. Therefore,"

She drifted upwards until she could see Chromesport's centre and its entrances,

"I shall create a shop that sells weapons of varying prices and quality over here, and a store that sells different types of armor over here, and another merchant here, selling potions and magical trinkets you have no idea how he got his hands on. And finally, anyone who is in dire need of help in Chromesport will have a floating yellow exclamation mark above their heads. If you feel unsure about your strength before setting out on your quest, take your time to gain experience here. Now will you please shut up and go do something?

Sending Sterling on a quest far away from here, and turning Chromesport into an adventuring town to help him: A 10! I will only require a tiny bit of help from you this time, friendly little wisps!

EDIT: fixed my HP, which I had mistakenly put at 3.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Apr 28, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 to Eleathas

Yes, I would like this to be more like a JRPG!

Edit: Oops. I think this is my seventh vote.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Apr 28, 2016

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

-1 Eleathas

Wisp Count: 4

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

RandomPauI posted:

+1 to Eleathas

Yes, I would like this to be more like a JRPG!

Edit: Oops. I think this is my seventh vote.

It is your seventh vote, yeah!

But it's true. Civilization is measured in loot drops.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
+1 to Eleathas because someone needs to do something about that great big hole...

Every good setting needs it's underworld, of course. Maybe they can build a dam or something.

edit: Wisp count 4

Elfface fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 28, 2016

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
+1 Eleathas

Wisp Count: 1

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
+1 to... Tarix. You're great, Uguu, but this one needs the help more and also is a great rebuttal to the "oh I guess you all just want a Utopia" nonsense.

Death and destruction only gets shouted down when it's pointless and dumb. When it's metal as gently caress, everyone will fall into line.

DCB's Wisp Count: 7 (+5 one-time bonus)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

+1 to... Tarix. You're great, Uguu, but this one needs the help more and also is a great rebuttal to the "oh I guess you all just want a Utopia" nonsense.

Death and destruction only gets shouted down when it's pointless and dumb. When it's metal as gently caress, everyone will fall into line.

DCB's Wisp Count: 7 (+5 one-time bonus)

Jesus gently caress, he's dead and he's never coming back and still people are complaining about Tidur. I should have just ceded my spot like you did and hosed off.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:minnie::nallears:
+1 Uguu

Wisp Count: 6

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
+1 Eleathas

Go Stirling go! Kick Deesix's rear end!

Wispy count: 7

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Apr 28, 2016

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Absurd Revolver posted:

Jesus gently caress, he's dead and he's never coming back and still people are complaining about Tidur. I should have just ceded my spot like you did and hosed off.

I'm sad Tidur got offed so early in the age! But Eleathas will make sure his legacy stays alive.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

nothing to seehere posted:

-1 Eleathas

Wisp Count: 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmc819RMVUE

Condemnations of death: 7

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

+1 Eleathas

WC:6

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
+1 to Eleathas

Wisp Count: 5

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
+1 to Uguu

Wisp Count 7

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
+1 Uguu

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 Tarix
Wispiness: 6

I like where this is going...

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Abyssal Squid posted:

Accenting the Verre's catlike features and making them into anime catgirls (and catboys, no need to be gender-specific), with a tender touch: 1d20=10

+1'ing Uguu so goddamn hard. You are trying to finish my Great Work, and for that you get all the freaking +1 I can give this round.

Wispings: 3

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 28, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Again, I say there is room for pointless destruction - natural disasters are things, after all. I think the ONLY reason Tidur got downvoted so hard was because he rolled a 1. If he had rolled a 15 or something, people would have been more on board to see what sort of shenanigans would crop up. I find it intolerable that people are specifically singling out Absurd Revolver for this - this is explicitly a game of Godly Whims, and if someone wants to try to destroy a city or turn a People into goop or fill the world with monsters they should bloody well be allowed to!

Also what's more metal than a godly Meteor obliterating a city made of metal!? I bet there's literally a Metalocalypse song about it!

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
So what are the new rules for wisp votes?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Well the Verre are getting transmogrified so I guess getting crushed by a comet is a destiny I can't fight.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 28, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Waci posted:

So what are the new rules for wisp votes?

There aren't any, as of yet. For those not in the know we were discussing modifying the Wisp rules somewhat to make them more strategic or whatever, but I have no concrete plans to do so currently, and if I do I will be very clear about it in the thread. I think Wisping is going pretty well currently - the main concern is if we get a larger Wisping player base and every round has people at either 1 or 20 :v:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

+1 Eleathas

Wispings: 7

Fix the hole, Sterling!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

dog kisser posted:

Again, I say there is room for pointless destruction - natural disasters are things, after all. I think the ONLY reason Tidur got downvoted so hard was because he rolled a 1. If he had rolled a 15 or something, people would have been more on board to see what sort of shenanigans would crop up. I find it intolerable that people are specifically singling out Absurd Revolver for this - this is explicitly a game of Godly Whims, and if someone wants to try to destroy a city or turn a People into goop or fill the world with monsters they should bloody well be allowed to!

This was my reasoning actually, I'll probably downvote every natural 1 that isn't Katmandu in this game regardless of the content of the roll. Don't cave to peer pressure, every Wisp's dream is to become a God and do whatever the hell they feel like and should! Unless the peer pressure is to be Katmandu in which case, why aren't you being more like Katmandu?

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Arkanomen posted:

Well the Verre are getting transmogrified so I guess getting crushed by a comet is a destiny I can't fight.

To be fair, I was trying to do that in more subtle ways in the first round - just because something looks like a catte doesn't make it a catte. It's gotta ACT like a catte, which is why almost all of my actions were devoted to teaching them behaviors that I found sufficiently catte-like. It actually looked like it was having the intended effects too - if you notice from the time the Verre were first depicted to how they started this age, they began to look suspiciously more catte-like, didn't they? The fact that Uguu is spending an action to make them look more catte-like is basically fait accompli at this point in the game :)

Also, I really like the Hero you generated for them, Ark. It was the one thing I really wish that I had the actions to do and I like how it turned out!

Edit: I really wanted to +1 Tarix's Godly Action as well because it's screwing with Mad King Deesix, which has always produced gold in this game. But :minnie:!

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 28, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Those are lyrics from from the song DK mentioned. I'm fine with Uguu's action and wisp how you want. We're both above 10 and most people have wisped so we're by getting to 20 so it's all good.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
+1 Elethas

Wisping: 7

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

dog kisser posted:

Also what's more metal than a godly Meteor obliterating a city made of metal!? I bet there's literally a Metalocalypse song about it!

No, you're right - I didn't intend to target Absurd Revolver, but I can look back and see that whether I meant to or not, I kinda did; Absurd Revolver, that was profoundly uncool of me and I apologize.

I was aiming for a more generalized point of "personally, I think the whole Death and Destruction thing is awesome when it seems to flow naturally from the established storyline, and that preference informs my voting patterns," and I kinda muffed it. Mea maxima culpa.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

I'm liking the way everything is going currently so

+1 to Czar to get him to 20

Wisp count 3, thank you!

Toughy fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 28, 2016

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Toughy posted:

I'm liking the way everything is going currently so

+1 to Czar to get him to 20

Wisp count 4?

Just 3, 'mafraid.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
+1 to Eleathas

Wisp Count: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Altered my wisp vote, please count the one at the top of the page.

• Locked thread