Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPsQnsOHflc&t=3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
So whats the deal with the Orion project ? Is it good ? Cause it's like a nick on steam right now

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FirstAidKite posted:

did somebody say barbie movies

Well if this is the same company that did Reboot they should have a game zone come in and murder those dancing dogs

Er, I mean, those are cute puppies, have a happy Thursday folks!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

exquisite tea posted:

The best Final Fantasy, both gameplay and plotwise, is FFX-2. Everybody says 6 for streetcred or like 4 if you're a real contrarian hero, but search your heart, and you know it to be true. X-2 is the best.

It's actually Lightning Returns

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The best final fantasy is mystic quest

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Ostentatious posted:

I think they are very different games at their cores, but overwatch imo

TF2 definitely has a more cohesive visual design, but Overwatch is a lot more fun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

Isn't it a korean cash grab team fortress with all the models copied pasted over from some other game?

But enough about Overwatch!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

The best Final Fantasy, both gameplay and plotwise, is FFX-2. Everybody says 6 for streetcred or like 4 if you're a real contrarian hero, but search your heart, and you know it to be true. X-2 is the best.

I flip flop between X-2 and XIII as my favorite but they're the only FFs I've ever replayed.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
x-2 has real good gameplay but please do not trick people by telling them the plot is good

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, I didn't expect AC: Syndicate to be the game that reinvents Frogger.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

x-2 has real good gameplay but please do not trick people by telling them the plot is good

It's more interesting/unique then almost every other FF game.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The best FF is the one that's your favourite

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Palpek posted:

drat, I didn't expect AC: Syndicate to be the game that reinvents Frogger.

Had the exact same thought when playing it. At least the boats come quickly (and they give you the grappling hook rather early thankfully, so you can just zip across the river).

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Jay Rust posted:

Hmm, it's crazy but I like it

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I like most Final Fantasies for different reasons, because each game is very different and unique.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Undertale sequel looking good

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

In Training posted:

I flip flop between X-2 and XIII as my favorite but they're the only FFs I've ever replayed.

Must really like running down a hallway.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Nah, it's FFV

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
the best final fantasy is the one you played when you were 12

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Instant Sunrise posted:

also the best zelda

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Phantasium posted:

Undertale sequel looking good

:worship:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

Wrong I didn't play X-2 till I was like 16.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Instant Sunrise posted:

But I only really started playing them until after I was 12.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

But I only really started playing them until after I was 12.
If you haven't played any of them yet, why are you discussing them?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

axleblaze posted:

a man after my own heart

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FirstAidKite posted:

I didn't, I just said it was better than every other FF.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

All FF plots are serviceable at worst but things usually turn sour when it gets all cosmic and poo poo

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jay Rust posted:

All FF plots are serviceable at worst but things usually turn sour when it gets all cosmic and poo poo

Why are angels evil in Japan?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thank you sega steam workshop

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Yesssssss!!!!! I hope this starts a precedent of other companies a-oking romhacks in their official games.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://youtu.be/DLmVAjnvAY4

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

I think anyone who hasn't played it should play this, it does great things and can maybe convince the non-jrpg folks to consider turn-based strategy. Plus, there's no random fights and you can lean on the assist member hard if need be, but the game has great music, good turn-based play, and the quintessential "four crystals" plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0

I still have this on cart at home, it was a choice find after being pigeonholed for several years.

That's too much, I'm done. :roflolmao:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxHNztg0X3s

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJF9R1PzFb0

Quest For Glory II posted:

but I feel like for the most part video games stories are all just variations on Michael Bay and Jerry Bruckheimer constructs. i mean yes, indie games, Telltale games, sure. Telltale at the very least approaches something similar to television in the same way Soylent approaches something similar to edible, but I wouldn't watch a Let's Play of a Telltale game, it's not THAT rich

the point I was making though was about censorship/localization. like with television, it gets censored all the time. you cant make a show without having to pass through the bureau of standards and practices of your network. but nobody's throwing a shitfit over that because people who dont play games arent mind-infants that stomp their feet and bang their fists on the table. well maybe ppl who watch the nerdy poo poo on TV like GOT or The Flash are. i'm starting to derail at this point

everything goes through an editorial process but video games still seem very wild west about it even with ESRB. Nintendo is just going along with the kind of guidelines i would expect from any other medium but that apparently does not hold up to gamer scrutiny. it holds up to mine however because I just like to play video games. i guess what i'm saying is, i will enjoy a game and not feel like I have to listen to anyone telling me what I missed out on because of CENSORSHIP

besides who doesnt like watching die hard on TV and seeing what networks do to replace the swear words. that's the motherfuckin turkey-loving best
Like there are super nerdy/spergy anime fans who will obsessively detail every little cut or change or digital paintover in their favorite anime on their blog or anime forum or an ANN feature, but it turns out that it's actually videogame fans who are the worst about obsessing and fuming and circlejerking about it on forums and blogposts and then turning that energy into self-defeating witch hunts and harassment campaigns and fake culture wars.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'd also like to stress, the amount of people who are genuinely upset by this has to be astronomically low, low enough to be irrelevent to really anyone except internet clickbait writers.
Aaaaand anyone lucky enough to be the target of one of their sustained harassment campaigns.

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 29, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mistle posted:

I think anyone who hasn't played it should play this, it does great things and can maybe convince the non-jrpg folks to consider turn-based strategy. Plus, there's no random fights and you can lean on the assist member hard if need be, but the game has great music, good turn-based play, and the quintessential "four crystals" plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUGDp39srk0

I still have this on cart at home, it was a choice find after being pigeonholed for several years.

That's too much, I'm done. :roflolmao:

Yeah FFMQ isn't a brilliant game by any stretch but it's short and fun anyway, and it gives you a gentle hug if you mess up which kid me thought was nice :shobon:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The best FF game is Bravely Default.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah FFMQ isn't a brilliant game by any stretch but it's short and fun anyway, and it gives you a gentle hug if you mess up which kid me thought was nice :shobon:

MQ was the first time I ever felt cheated as gently caress as a kid ending-wise, as it ends with you getting this huge dungeon-sized boat to explore the world with, and instead of taking one (or both) of the chicks you quested with on a cruise where you're expected to be alone for weeks at a time, you ditch them both to go solo with the ninja that hosed with you every time he was a party member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LUCHA YO

• Locked thread