Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine
A snype! To Victory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

A snype! To Victory!

she got caught by the cruz ooze

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
Young Orc

InterFaced posted:

Nader this poo poo, Bernie

Too bad the convention isn't in Florida this year.

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

Condiv posted:

she got caught by the cruz ooze

Be nice, they weren't initially programmed to execute that function. I think it was cool seeing the AI work it out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

A snype! To Victory!

a metaphor

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ted cruz only has one request for catering when he does an event: a large sugar water dispenser

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

zen death robot posted:

I bet Cruz has cold, slimy hands

He's a nasty guy

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

loquacius posted:

a metaphor

There's no way she won't go full Lady MacBeth for the presidency if he won.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

logikv9 posted:

ted cruz only has one request for catering when he does an event: a large sugar water dispenser

ted cruz as the cockroach alien from MiB makes a lot of sense actually

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

ted cruz inspires tremendous vaping

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

InterFaced posted:

I hope Bernie is entering a transition point in his campaign. I want him to be that gremlin from the twilight zone on the wing of the plane tearing bits out of it mid flight. The plane is the democratic party in this analogy.

The plane can be America in general; gremlin went ham on the left wing, specifically.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Nonsense posted:

ted cruz inspires preventative fumigation

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
If Ted Cruz outlaws jerking off I'll jerk off even more. That'll show him.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Bernie released the rough draft of a possible Hillary endorsement
https://my.mixtape.moe/npbhdp.webm

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Lord of Pie posted:

Bernie released the rough draft of a possible Hillary endorsement
https://my.mixtape.moe/npbhdp.webm

I bet Bernie could even pull that one off.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Condiv posted:

i read his comment as sarcasm too :shrug:

i know it was sarcastic, i was just saying u can agree with a guy without making GBS threads violently on everybody else :v:

but i guess that's just tatum's Style

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

A snype! To Victory!

:eyepop:

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

The convention will be a good thing. In my view it's baffling that anyone would think that an actual primary contest is a problem. Nobody remembers the smashing success of 2008? President Obama and a majority in Congress? Or maybe they realize Clinton is so much weaker that she can actually lose to Trump. Turns out having principles actually leads to a better outcome!

Do people seriously not understand why there would be a protest at the convention? I mean, usually you protest things you disagree with. Coronation of a bad person that was rigged through individual and uncoordinated acts of manipulation, lying, and negligence, for example. That's not the kind of country I want to live in. And yes, I would say the same thing if it was what got my candidate elected. There's those pesky principles again! Oh right, doing the right thing isn't "pragmatic." Right then, back to making everything worse in the name of "progress."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
how does one hold these hands, incredibly awkward non tentacled phlanges

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
On one hand Cruz/Fiorina would be a nightmare. On the other hand living in a silent hill hellscape would be pretty metal.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Mr. Horrible posted:

The convention will be a good thing. In my view it's baffling that anyone would think that an actual primary contest is a problem. Nobody remembers the smashing success of 2008? President Obama and a majority in Congress? Or maybe they realize Clinton is so much weaker that she can actually lose to Trump. Turns out having principles actually leads to a better outcome!

Do people seriously not understand why there would be a protest at the convention? I mean, usually you protest things you disagree with. Coronation of a bad person that was rigged through individual and uncoordinated acts of manipulation, lying, and negligence, for example. That's not the kind of country I want to live in. And yes, I would say the same thing if it was what got my candidate elected. There's those pesky principles again! Oh right, doing the right thing isn't "pragmatic." Right then, back to making everything worse in the name of "progress."

But it's ridiculous to say that the election was rigged! People just didn't vote for our candidate!

In all seriousness I don't think Hillary's winning through voter suppression (I do think voter suppression has occurred, but not in large enough amounts to swing the needle from Bernie to Hillary). I do think that the Democratic party has made a concerted effort to push Bernie out while he's been explicitly bringing people into the Democratic party that otherwise wouldn't be there. That alone is worth a good ol' protest.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

NumberLast posted:

But it's ridiculous to say that the election was rigged! People just didn't vote for our candidate!

In all seriousness I don't think Hillary's winning through voter suppression (I do think voter suppression has occurred, but not in large enough amounts to swing the needle from Bernie to Hillary). I do think that the Democratic party has made a concerted effort to push Bernie out while he's been explicitly bringing people into the Democratic party that otherwise wouldn't be there. That alone is worth a good ol' protest.

I've said it before: I understand that this election being Hillary's coronation is why Bernie felt he had to run, but I really wish he had run during a different election than Hillary's coronation because then he might have won and been able to actually do things

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

SneakyFrog posted:

For a moment, she toyed with the idea of unmasking herself on stage. "Ugh," she thought, "I'm going to flay that 'strategist' alive." Could his statistical model have been less accurate? Killing him would send the right message to her other underlings, but it might be bad "public relations."

"Oh, Glarb," she muttered as 00z3 fumbled with her false appendage right in front of the gathered mammals. For all his time on this accursed rock, had he really never mastered basic digital manipulation? Forty-five Terran years and still twitchy as a broodling?

Zero chance at presidency. Dim prospects of being The Veep. Ready for Khill'ree to nuke the entire planet, so long as she was guaranteed a quick death.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Mr. Horrible posted:

For a moment, she toyed with the idea of unmasking herself on stage. "Ugh," she thought, "I'm going to flay that 'strategist' alive." Could his statistical model have been less accurate? Killing him would send the right message to her other underlings, but it might be bad "public relations."

"Oh, Glarb," she muttered as 00z3 fumbled with her false appendage right in front of the gathered mammals. For all his time on this accursed rock, had he really never mastered basic digital manipulation? Forty-five Terran years and still twitchy as a broodling?

Zero chance at presidency. Dim prospects of being The Veep. Ready for Khill'ree to nuke the entire planet, so long as she was guaranteed a quick death.

:golfclap:

noble as poo poo right there.

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

SneakyFrog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROOSD7A44nY&t=100s

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
hail satan imo

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
:smugdon:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Error 404 posted:

hail satan imo

dont mind if i do

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

loquacius posted:

I've said it before: I understand that this election being Hillary's coronation is why Bernie felt he had to run, but I really wish he had run during a different election than Hillary's coronation because then he might have won and been able to actually do things

the problem is, there wasn't really a good time to run before now.

2012? obama.

2008? obama.

2004? probably the first good time he could've run candidates-wise (even with Dean since he's to the left of Dean and they hate each others' guts so it would've been hilarious), BUT, the internet was nothing near what it is today, so he would have no way of actually getting the message out there or getting the amount of donations he was able to get this time around.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

At any point before 2016 he would have either been crushed by charismatic Obamas or been smothered by old media who used to have a much firmer grip on narrative. Waiting until after, there is no telling what the landscape will look like in 2020 and 2024. He will also be almost a decade older if he has to wait 8 years that at his age doesn't make a lot of sense for him to wait.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thank you for our thread back its cool and good and appreciated

TinFoilJoy
Oct 15, 2012

Is this the place for :bernget: now? It's hard out here for a meme-loving gently caress

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I've been happy with Bernie's performance, but I'm ready to take the magnet off my car.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

TinFoilJoy posted:

Is this the place for :bernget: now? It's hard out here for a meme-loving gently caress

this is apparently the place.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

don't get too spammy or whiny if you don't want to be gassed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Flambeau posted:

I've been happy with Bernie's performance, but I'm ready to take the magnet off my car.

Gotta replace it with a "don't blame me, I voted Bernie" one asap

• Locked thread