Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Concepts three for THE GLORIOUSLY RESPLENDENT ARTIFACT OF CZAR!:

ASCENDANCY

HUBRIS

DOWNFALL

EDIT:
Also, Legendairy for CYOA hero obviously. AVENGE YOUR GOD!

Theantero fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Tarix

The world closed around Tarix, as did the hungry maws of The Pyrexalted. They feasted. It hurt. Dying was painful, but in that pain Tarix slipped back into the darkness of between. He watched his little chosen Verre stumble through the dark and hack away at that which made them weak. The cut was sloppy, jagged and crude. But it was a good cut and thus the Verre were transformed. STRONGER now. It was getting cold. The land felt warm. Tarix found a little quiet spot and what was left of his consciousness settled down. It grew stiff and still, forming into something else. Something

Machinery
Growth
Change

e: I can shill too. Choose Quintzite the Pariah for your next Adventure! Immortal, Invisible and has a cool weapon! He knows the one weird trick to control reality. Wisps hate him!

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 4, 2016

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Well that went well! :v:

Uguu's remnant is in the mail YOUR MIND: Persuasive, Fortuitous, Scroll

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 4, 2016

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
I say we follow a mangamancer in the diaspora to chronicle the turning of the age.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Apocron posted:

I say we follow a mangamancer in the diaspora to chronicle the turning of the age.

I like this idea.

I would also think that the Laitache - with their power, intellect, superior war supply, and unassailable flying fortress - currently hold the advantage in how the upcoming cultural exchanges can take place.

Whatever choices King Legendairy the Wise and Powerful might make in reaction to this suddenly godless world they've created will certainly change the direction of Somewhere's history.

:hist101::worship::worship::worship::angel::agesilaus::angel:

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Eleathas, Goddess of Civilization

Eleathas felt weaker and weaker as she observed the battle. Confident that it was swinging against the mad tyrant, she left the fight and sat down on a hill outside, resting against some large dice and staring into the sky. She felt her time on Somewhere was coming to an end. But there was so much she still wanted to do! So much she still wanted to tell the denizens! But they were not ready for all of her teachings yet. She felt the need for one last Miracle, and thought hard about what she wanted to leave behind on this hill:

Towers,
Forbidden,
Knowledge

These three words sprang forth from her mind, and she felt at ease. A gentle, warm breeze drifted over her as she fell in a deep slumber and the victors' cheering became more distant in her mind.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Apocron posted:

The age shall be forever preserved in the form of shouren manga.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

This is fun

I think I have an excellent god idea ready to go

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

Deltasquid posted:

Eleathas, Goddess of Civilization

Eleathas felt weaker and weaker as she observed the battle. Confident that it was swinging against the mad tyrant, she left the fight and sat down on a hill outside, resting against some large dice and staring into the sky. She felt her time on Somewhere was coming to an end. But there was so much she still wanted to do! So much she still wanted to tell the denizens! But they were not ready for all of her teachings yet. She felt the need for one last Miracle, and thought hard about what she wanted to leave behind on this hill:

Towers,
Forbidden,
Knowledge

These three words sprang forth from her mind, and she felt at ease. A gentle, warm breeze drifted over her as she fell in a deep slumber and the victors' cheering became more distant in her mind.

Clearly our mangamancer needs to seek out and destroy bring forth to the masses the forbidden books of yaoi ala Journey to the West. Sub in the anime pig for a cowdude, the desert guy for a dice, and uh... I guess a glass cat for Tripitaka?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

The Second Age of The Gods has Passed, and the Gods have moved on. The Second Golden Age has Begun.

Even with the war against the Tyrank King Deesix ending in victory, the world has been cast into confusion with the betrayal(?) of the Fortugnat Heroes Keno and Roulette. The revelation of the advanced, floating society of the Laitache was another surprise. Somewhere will become very interesting indeed over the Golden Age to come - but all await the return of the Gods. For it is known that the Gods will return...

But not when.

-O-

Time again to explore the world! First, we need to pick a Hero! I think at this point every People has a Hero, but a Hero can be anyone in the right place and the right time. The CYOA will be no longer than 4-5 updates - want to keep the game going! Below are fifteen of the most influential individuals on Somewhere, in one way or another. Their adventures may have a significant effect on the world - or they may simply reveal some backstory, depending on your choices.

• A Droplette
    Fast, Master Hydromancer, Touched by a God, General, Historian, Kingslayer, Old.
  • B Wheyfarer Rennet
    Explorer, Master Cheesemaker, Travel in Milk, Touched by Two Gods, Independant, Old,.
  • C (Nameless)
    Give me a name and a one sentence description. Cannot START as a Master of anything.
  • D Keno and Roulette
    Half-Hero, Tough, Stealthy, Wield a Glass Blade and a Dice Club, Touched by a God.
  • E Shi
    Master Mangamancer, Fugitive, Friend of the Glass People.
  • F (Nameless)
    Give me a name and a one sentence description. Cannot START as a Master of anything.
  • G Sterling
    Master Silver Singer, Angry, Amplifier, Touched by a God, Missing an Arm.
  • H Argenta
    Intermediate Hydromancer, Clever, Dabbling Silver Singer.
  • I (Nameless)
  • J Quintzite
    Unbreakable, Master Stealth, Master Cutter, Pariah, Wields the Riftblade, Touched by a God
  • K Glaze
    Master Milchemist, Dabbling Cutter, Curious
  • L (Nameless)
  • M Legendairy
    Flying, Strong, Independent, Master of Moocoup, Touched by a God.
  • N Lacte
    Foolish, Friendly, Brave, Earthbound.
  • O (Nameless)
Second is their Quest! Regardless of the Hero, you need something to focus on - we'll keep this broad for now (partially because I haven't come up with specific ideas yet!)
  • P Personal Quest
    Something specific to the Hero in question, revealing something about them or granting them special skills.
  • Q Mystery
    A mysterious occurrence puzzles the People, and they send out a Hero to solve it!
  • R Monster Hunt
    A beast threatens the People - and without Gods, the People need a hero!
  • S Slice of Life
    Just a story among the People in question - casual and thoughtful, most likely!
  • T Write In
    One short sentence idea - the vaguer the better!
I'll give this a few days, but if the answer becomes super clear quickly, I'll cut it off sooner. Also, and this is important - anyone can vote during the CYOA portion! You're not in character, the Gods aren't making the decisions for the Hero - the Hero is making their own decisions!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
ES

The chronicle of the daily lives of all races shall be recorded and drawn through MANGA!

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.
D ...because that will give me the excuse to draw them, and I want to.
R

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
J P

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

While I'd love to see Quintzite attempt to attain godhood by eating wisps and warping reality, having both DK and Gravedust art in one place makes me tingle in my funny place.

D
R

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

AP

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
MS

Legendairy's Day as Ruler of Czarmark

Dinosaurmageddon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 5, 2016

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A
S

Water Granny your life is almost over, let's be there when you die!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
ES

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
ES

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
ES

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

ES sounds like a good look into all the cultures (and seeing Dog Kisser's manga-drawing skills)!

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

JP

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

D
R

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
ET

Shi has been put on the spot. They'll be turned in to the coppers if they can't come up with a musical adaptation of a magna about a God that doesn't exist yet!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
ES

Maybe have Shi writing his masterwork about other heroes in the world. A tale for the ages. He could be the manga Socrates to someone's Plato. Or chronicling the heroes of his age like a manga Homer. Or maybe like Aristotle writing the manga Poetics. Basically his manga will be the classical literature for ages to come.

Apocron fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 5, 2016

charms
Oct 14, 2012

EQ. We never found out who the traitor was.

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
ES

I will gladly support Mangamancy becoming the primary means of recording the past.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

:allears::hf::fork:

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Just to be contrary:

HQ

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
I would like to look at a different story

FT

An Anonmalice know as Sever-all freed of the control of the Tyrant King Deesix finds himself at a loose end as one of the last of his kind.

For the first time in ages he actually thinks, and he thinks 'Now what?'

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
ES

A lone mangamancer, fleeing the all-but-annihilation of his people, with so-called heroes making what is left of his kind targets for the powerful above. Once a slave, once an insurgent, now a fugitive, with but a god-given gift for artistry to recount his tale.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 08:34 on May 5, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
JQ

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
MP

HEY Dogkisser! You forgot to list 'General' and 'Kingslayer' as Legendairy's traits. Fix this travesty at once :argh:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
MP

With the understanding that P is write a musical.

irc posted:

[01:20] <Theantero> Everyone should vote MP imo so that we can buff my guy to be even better
[01:21] <Theantero> why do people vote for other things even though my dude is clearly superior????
[01:21] <Theantero> puzzling
[01:29] <randompaui> Which game is that, and why vote for a Military Police officer when we can vote for a Prime Minister officer?
[01:29] <Theantero> Fragile Gods
[01:30] <randompaui> Ah, I voted we go with the magnamancer but the magnamancer has to write a musical
[01:30] <Theantero> We could play as a kickass FLYING GLEAMINF ANGEL EMPEROR WHO IS ALSO A COW
[01:30] <randompaui> It was a long shot but...
[01:30] <randompaui> What about a flying gleaming angel emperor who is also a cow who also has to write a musical?
[01:31] <Theantero> well, the questline I chose IS 'personal quest'
[01:31] <Theantero> why not writing a musical!
[01:31] <randompaui> Sure, I'll switch my vote to that
[01:32] <Theantero> The Laitache could use knowledge of cool choral music to go with their ostentatious appearance

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

I Q

Glodar, appreciate writing, Curious, Independent.
After the battle of the pit, as he walked through the ruins, he noticed a strange substance . It was heavy, and he could swear it was glowing faintly. He has never seen it before, and decided to dedicate his life to solving the mystery of this thing.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
There are so many interesting choices to make that I find it hard to pick just one. I'll go with JR.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Looks like Shi with a Slice of Life is the one to beat currently. I'll leave it open for a while longer, but I'll close it by tonight.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

DR, this might be the time to earn some goodwill from the Silvurtle and Aqueau.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

ES

The power of manga compels you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

ES

Hooray for Weekly Shonen Jump!

Also this is pretty neat. Is it possible for people to jump in as a wisp/god next round?

• Locked thread