Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Lord Frisk posted:

Naa, no fort.

I thought we made fleets available by raising FNI. I must be way off.

Yeah I had to re-read that myself. FNI can't increase unless squadrons have been specifically moved to Available by PlG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Well, let's muster in NH again, the use PlG to place a fleet in available.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Aye, the event won't do much good now.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The French Muster in New Hampshire!
4 French Regulars land in the colony.

NB: I skipped the "Build a Patriot Fort" option, but if the French want to do that, just let me know.

The French continue their Preparations for War!
1 French Squadron is moved to the West Indies.

The French spend 2 Resources; now 6.

==> ACTION QUEUE:
Patriots choose:
  • Limited Command
  • Event
  • Pass

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
Let's get some food in our bellies by stealing from the mouths of the Redcoats! I'd like the event.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Event works for me, as well! Let's blockade Philly with the new FNI!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Yeah, send that ship to Philly and starve the Limeys.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I mean, uh, Oui! Deny those filthy pig-dogs our delicious crepes! *adjusts wig*

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Patriots take the event!

The British lose 2 Resources; now 0.
The Patriots gain 2 Resources; now 4.

FNI increases, and the French blockade Philadelphia!
The 2 Support in Philadelphia are nullified; Support is now 9.
Opposition remains at 6.

The turn ends, and a new card is drawn.

Current Card:

The Declaration of Independence lists "repeated injuries and usurpations" against the colonialists on behalf of King George III of Great Britain. The second paragraph concludes, "To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world," before 27 sentences listing various transgressions from tax complaints to forced military conscription. The last of these complaints reads: "He has ...endeavored to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian savages, whose known rule of warfare is undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions."

Upcoming Card:

The Continental Marine Act of 1775 of the 2nd Continental Congress decreed: "That two battalions of Marines be raised consisting of one Colonel, two lieutenant-colonels, two majors and other officers, as usual in other regiments...that particular care be taken that no persons be appointed to offices, or enlisted into said battalions, but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime a airs as to be able to serve for and during the present war with Great Britain and the Colonies."

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Take the Indian and British turns.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The Indians take the event!

The Indians use their first free Gather in Southwest to move the War Parties there from North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
The Indians use their second free Gather in Southwest to replace 2 War Parties with a Village.

That ends the Indian turn, and the British are now up.

The British, whose resources have run completely dry due to French and Patriot meddling, choose to pass.
The British gain 2 Resources; now 2.

The turn ends, and a new card is drawn.

Winter Quarters!

Current Card:

In June of 1779, while Byron and his British Fleet went to Antigua to guard the trade convoy on its way home, d'Estaing and his French Fleet first captured St Vincent, and then Grenada. Admiral Byron sailed in hopes of saving first one and then the other, arrived off Grenada shortly after it fell.

Upcoming Card:

The Continental Marine Act of 1775 of the 2nd Continental Congress decreed: "That two battalions of Marines be raised consisting of one Colonel, two lieutenant-colonels, two majors and other officers, as usual in other regiments...that particular care be taken that no persons be appointed to offices, or enlisted into said battalions, but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime a airs as to be able to serve for and during the present war with Great Britain and the Colonies."

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Execute WQ phase.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Victory Check Phase:

British: Support exceeds Opposition by more than 10? NO, and CRC greater than CBC? NO
Indians: Support exceeds Opposition by more than 10? NO, and (Villages - 3) > Patriot Forts? NO
French: Opposition exceeds Support by more than 10? NO, and CBC greater than CRC and ToA has been played? NO
Patriots: Opposition exceeds Support by more than 10? NO, and Patriot Forts plus 3 is greater than Villages? YES

No faction wins.

Supply Phase:

6 British Regulars in Massachusetts are out of supply, and the Regulars there are moved to Available.
All other British units are in supply.

2 Patriot Militia in New York Colony are out of supply, so Patriots must choose to keep them there and pay 1 Resource, or remove 1 Militia to Available.
1 Patriot Militia in Virginia is out of supply, but may remain for free.
1 Patriot Militia in Savannah is out of supply, but may remain for free.
1 Patriot Militia in New York City is out of supply, but may remain for free.
1 Patriot Militia in Boston is out of supply, but may remain for free.
All other Patriot units are in supply.

All French units are in supply.

The Indian War Party in Virginia is out of supply, but the Indians pay one resource to prevent Rebellion control in the province.
Indian resources decrease by 1; now 0.
2 War Parties from Maryland-Delaware and 1 War Party from New York Colony move to safety in Northwest.
All other Indian units are in supply.

West Indies Battle Phase:

French must conduct a free Battle in the West Indies if French and British pieces are present, per the Battle Procedure. French then British may return any friendly remaining units to Available and/or pay one Resource if any remain.

French and British units in the West Indies Battle!

French and British both have a Force Level of 3, each rolls 1d3 for battle.

Defender (British) Loss Level = 1d3 + 1 (attackers are Regulars) = 1d3 + 1
Attacker (French) Loss Level = 1d3 + 1 (defenders are Regulars) = 1d3 + 1

French roll 2 + 1 = 3 British losses.
British roll 1 + 1 = 2 French losses.

The British lose 2 Regulars, and the French lose 1 Regular.
The French now control the West Indies!

The French and British must choose whether or not to pay 1 Resource to stay in the West Indies.

I'll pause here for housekeeping for this phase.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots must choose whether or not to pay 1 Resource to keep one of the two Militia in New York Colony.
French (and then British) must choose whether or not to pay 1 Resource to keep two Regulars in the West Indies.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
I vote yes on keeping the militia. Any other opinions?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Davin Valkri posted:

I vote yes on keeping the militia. Any other opinions?

I vote yes. It's a toehold, but it's something.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.
I also vote yes.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
okay yes

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

The French vote Oui to keep the West Indies

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The Patriots and the French pay 1 to keep their forces in place.
The British decline to pay, and their forces in the West Indies are moved to Available.
Patriot Resources are now 3; French Resources are now 5.

Resources Phase:

British earn by number of British forts (4) + population of non-blockaded British Controlled Cities (7) + 5 for control of West Indies (0) = 11.
British now have 13 resources.

Indians earn by half the number of Villages on the map (3), rounded down = 1.
Indians now have 1 resource.

Patriots earn by number of Patriot forts (2) + half the number of Rebellion Controlled spaces, not including the West Indies (4), rounded down = 4.
Patriots now have 7 resources.

French earn (afterToA) FNI level (1) + population of Cities not British Controlled (0) + 5 if West Indies are Controlled by the Rebellion (they are) = 6.
French now have 11 resources.

Support Phase:

British may spend to Reward Loyalty up to 2 times in each space containing British Regulars and Tories, at 1 resource per action.

The British are going all out, and spend to Reward Loyalty in Savannah (x2), Charles Town (x2), Norfolk (x2), NYC (x3 to remove 2 Propaganda and shift 1), and Boston (x3 to remove 2 Propaganda and shift 1).
British spend 12 resources; now 1.
Support is now 18!

Patriots may choose to use Committees of Correspondence:

The Patriots may spend Resources to encourage Opposition in Rebellion Controlled spaces with Patriot pieces. Every one Resource spent removes one Raid marker or — once no Raid is in a space — shifts it one level toward Active Opposition to a maximum of two levels per space.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots: Spend $$$ for Committees of Correspondence?
(Possible in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut-Rhode Island; Patriots currently have 7 Resources.)

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Patriots, if you spend all your cash, the French will back you for a couple of turns.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Thoughts, Patriots?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I have no idea! Mass, New York x2, and Maryland-Delaware x2?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Internet is spotty, sorry.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Davin Valkri posted:

Mass, New York x2, and Maryland-Delaware x2?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Neither New York space is eligible, as neither are Rebellion Controlled. Eligible spaces are Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut-Rhode Island; Patriots currently have 7 Resources.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Oh, I see. Mass, Conn x2, Penn x2, then?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Aight, sorry about the delay.

Patriots use Committees of Correspondence in Massachusetts, Connecticut-Rhode Island (x2), and Pennsylvania (x2)!

Massachusetts is now at Active Opposition!
Connecticut-Rhode Island is now at Active Opposition!
Pennsylvania is now at Active Opposition!

Total Opposition is now at 16 (Support at 18).

Redeployment Phase

Patriots are on deck, so no leader change is made.

Leader Redeployment

Cornplanter moves to Southwest.
French can move Rochambeau to Available or leave him in New Hampshire, but I will not move him unless French say they want to move him.
The British redeploy Gage to Norfolk.
Patriots may leave Washington in New York Colony or redeploy him to any location with Patriot pieces, or to Available. I will leave him unless Patriots say they want to move him.

The remaining British pieces from Unavailable are moved to Available.

FNI is lowered by 1 level, to 0.
The blockade on Philadelphia is ended, and the Squadron is moved to the West Indies. Total Support is now 20.

Desertion Phase

1 in 5 Militia and Continentals are removed from the map. Indians choose first of each.
Total Militia = 15 / 5 = 3 are removed from the board.
The Indians remove the Militia from Pennsylvania, which is now Uncontrolled!
Total Continentals = 6 / 4 = 1 is removed from the board.
The Indians remove a Continental from Massachusetts.
Patriots must choose 2 Militia to remove from the board.

1 in 5 Tories are removed from the map. French choose the first.
Total Tories = 11 / 5 = 2 are removed from the board.
French must choose 1 Tory to remove from the board.

I'll pause here to execute these steps, and then we should be basically done with WQ and ready for the next actual turn.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots: Move Washington? And then choose 2 Militia to desert.
French: Move Rochambeau? And then choose 1 Tory to desert.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I don't know about Washington, but for the militia I say remove the one in New Hampshire (now firmly in French hands) and the active one in Massachusetts.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

We will leave Rochambeau where he is. The Tory in Boston can gently caress off, allowing the Patriots an easier go into the city.

E: Nope, let's pull from NY state and remove British control there.

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 16, 2016

Tias
May 25, 2008

Yes to weakening NY state.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

All right, we'll keep trucking.

Washington and Rochambeau stay in place.

A Militia each in Massachusetts and New Hampshire desert.
The Tory in New York State deserts.
New York State is now Uncontrolled!
The Tory in Norfolk deserts.

The board resets:
All Raid and Propaganda markers are removed.
All factions become Eligible.
All Casualties return to Available.
All Militia and War Parties go Underground.
A new card is drawn.
The event on the Winter Quarters card triggers; however, nothing happens.

The Winter Quarters phase of 1775 ends, and the spring campaign season of 1776 begins.

Current Card:

The Continental Marine Act of 1775 of the 2nd Continental Congress decreed: "That two battalions of Marines be raised consisting of one Colonel, two lieutenant-colonels, two majors and other officers, as usual in other regiments…that particular care be taken that no persons be appointed to offices, or enlisted into said battalions, but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime affairs as to be able to serve for and during the present war with Great Britain and the Colonies."

Upcoming Card:

Approximately 30,000 German troops were hired by the British to help fight during the American Revolution. They were principally drawn from the German state of Hesse-Cassel, although soldiers from other German states also saw action in America.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Wait, because Indians are about to stroke it :v::fh:

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Indians play their Brilliant Stroke!

The current card is canceled!

The Indians get to execute 2 free Limited Commands and 1 Special Activity.

Indians choose to Limited Gather in Southwest.
One War Party is removed to Available and a Village is added in Southwest (due to Cornplanter's ability, only one War Party is needed).

Indians choose to Gather again in Southwest.
3 War Parties are moved to Southwest from Available.

Indians conduct a War Path operation in Virginia.
The War Party in Virginia is moved to Active, and the Patriot Militia there is sent to Available forces.

The Brilliant Stroke ends, and a new card is drawn.

Current Card:

Approximately 30,000 German troops were hired by the British to help fight during the American Revolution. They were principally drawn from the German state of Hesse-Cassel, although soldiers from other German states also saw action in America.

Upcoming Card:

Tradition has it that when Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown (1781), the British played "The World Turned Upside Down." It is also believed that this tune was played as Burgoyne surrendered at Saratoga in 1777. There is some debate as to whether this is myth or fact.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Me: Take the British turn.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

The British take the event.

The British gain 2 Resources; now 3.

2 British Regulars are added to New York State.
New York State is now Controlled by the British!

2 British Regulars are added to Boston.
2 British Regulars are added to Norfolk.

Turn passes to the Patriots.

==> ACTION QUEUE:

Patriots: Command, May Add Special Activity; or Pass?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Ping for the Patriots?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Proposal: Rally in Pennsylvania and Maryland-Delaware, Persuasion Massachusetts and Connecticut-Rhode Island?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Was waiting for other input, but I'll resolve.

Patriots Rally in Pennsylvania and Maryland-Delaware; a Militia is added to each.
Patriots spend 2 Resources; now 5.

Patriots Persuade in Massachusetts and Connecticut-Rhode Island.
Patriods add 2 Resources; now 7.
One Militia is activated in each colony.
One Propaganda marker is added to each colony.

The Patriot turn ends; a new card is drawn.

Current Card:

Tradition has it that when Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown (1781), the British played "The World Turned Upside Down." It is also believed that this tune was played as Burgoyne surrendered at Saratoga in 1777. There is some debate as to whether this is myth or fact.

Upcoming Card:

The Overmountain Men rallied from the Indian Reserve to win the Battle of Kings Mountain over the Loyalist militia in the Southern campaign of the American Revolutionary War on October 7, 1780. The Patriot militia defeated the Loyalist militia commanded by British Major Patrick Ferguson of the 71st Foot, who was killed.

==> ACTiON QUEUE:

Indians take their turn.

Real talk: are y'all still interested in keeping this going? Participation has dropped off precipitously, so we could call it here if y'all are done. I'm happy to keep going, but only if interest is still there.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

As a proud Frenchman, I'd love to see it continue, but as its necessarily a multi-user experience, my opinion alone does not dictate a quorum.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I like this game, although considering this is my first COIN game ever, if I'm running the patriots myself, we'll lose :cheeky:.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Another option is to break it down and have some people become traitors and act as the British and the Indians -- we'd only need 4 people, tops (or I could play a side, and we'd only need 3). Gets rid of the co-op-against-the-common-enemy element, but it's an option.

e: Or if y'all are what remains, we can also continue on with you both leading each faction, playing against the AI as we've done so far.

Athaboros fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 2, 2016

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'm down to just have it be us then. I'd ditch the bot strategy and just play the British and Indians if I were you Athaboros.

Of course I understand if this is a hassle and you want to pack it in. I'm still having fun with it, even at a slow pace.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

I've been thinking about this, and had another idea. Considering the amount of time it takes to get a post together, it seems like a lot of work to do it all on the forums, though I don't want to just abandon it. Given that, we could move over to VASSAL and either just finish the game up in a live session or do the rest of it PBEM, which is relatively straightforward. What do you guys think about that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I'm down with that as well. Live action VASSAL may be problematic though, as I work very odd hours. PBEM is probably the best option. (Unless you guys are working 12 hour midnights too)

• Locked thread