Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tunicate posted:

To be fair, nobody outside the zoldycks knows alluka exists.

Well, maybe. I think that picture of the family together might be public? I don't know; really no one should know about Kalluto or even Killua or Milluki for the most part, so it seems like it's just "known", on way or another, that they have multiple male children.

But that's tangential; the public knowledge is them having a lot of sons, no mention of a daughter. While that could point towards denying Alluka's existence entirely, the others using masculine pronouns for her shows that they just don't consider her a girl at all, rather than it being "what, no, we don't have a daughter". Whether them having five children rather than four is public knowledge or not doesn't really affect that either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Well, maybe. I think that picture of the family together might be public?

I'm fairly sure they're shrouded in mystique, given that you can get millions of dollars for a single photo of a zoldyck.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tunicate posted:

I'm fairly sure they're shrouded in mystique, given that you can get millions of dollars for a single photo of a zoldyck.

Oh right, forgot that particular detail. Doesn't affect the Alluka point, but, yeah. It's kind of funny no one ever tried to take advantage of that at some point, really.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tunicate posted:

I always figured that was for a "new" picture of the Zoldycks. Or a picture of them in their home setting.

Like with the HxH world's pseudo-wikipedias theres gotta be some old photos of them from public incidents.

But then again since we only really follow Hunters who have tons of access to info that's probably an incorrect view of what the general public knows.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The zoldycks would simply track down and murder anyone who put a picture of them on the internet. I dunno how you would get the idea that they don't care about their privacy after seeing their ridiculous home.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And the hacker brother would also probably change the picture to Goatse.cx

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Law Cheetah posted:

ken is actually safer than gyo

that is, gyo is just moving your aura around your body. when you put it in your eyes you can see aura better

Yeah, I meant to say Ko, what a gently caress up!

What I'm looking forward to most here is seeing just how badly Hisoka fucks up Chrollo's poo poo, my god, it's gonna be so great.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

Rohan Kishibe posted:

What I'm looking forward to most here is seeing Hisoka gently caress Chrollo, my god, it's gonna be so great.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i personally think hisoka is gonna die by the end of the fight but ALL these seals and signs that can be exploited maybe by texture surprise kinda scares me

i also am like 70% sure togashi wanted to kill off one of these two dudes for a minute and dont think theres gonna be a way for both of them to leave this alive (UNLESS chrollo is doing all this to fake his death and get on the DC ship but even that seems a bit of a stretch)

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Tunicate posted:

Roland Jones posted:

Oh right, forgot that particular detail. Doesn't affect the Alluka point, but, yeah. It's kind of funny no one ever tried to take advantage of that at some point, really.

Can you imagine the economic havoc a teenager could get up to if they could get millions and millions of dollars for taking selfies?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If only Quwrof Wrlccywrlir had stolen Meleoron's (the chameleon) perfect plan ability he would be beyond invincible. (He should be already invincible and can only be defeated by author fiat anyways)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
No one is invincible in this setting. Even with all of this prep work Chrollo could still be overwhelmed if enough strong people ganged up on him. Netero was probably the strongest living human and look what happened to him.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serious Frolicking posted:

No one is invincible in this setting. Even with all of this prep work Chrollo could still be overwhelmed if enough strong people ganged up on him. Netero was probably the strongest living human and look what happened to him.

Alternatively, consider Meruem, who was likely one of the strongest beings alive, period, and look what happened to him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Added on I can see Chrollo getting effortlessly crushed by any of the royalguard, with everything he has shown.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Roland Jones posted:

Alternatively, consider Meruem, who was likely one of the strongest beings alive, period, and look what happened to him.
So what you're saying is that both Chrollo and Hisoka will die to an atom bomb

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nahxela posted:

So what you're saying is that both Chrollo and Hisoka will die to an atom bomb

Well, they don't deserve any better.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Added on I can see Chrollo getting effortlessly crushed by any of the royalguard, with everything he has shown.

I don't think anyone in the series could have taken the royal guard on one-on-one besides netero, but chrollo would probably come close just because of his grabbag assortment of abilities.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Stairmaster posted:

I don't think anyone in the series could have taken the royal guard on one-on-one besides netero, but chrollo would probably come close just because of his grabbag assortment of abilities.

Two characters in the series that weren't Netero took on royal guards 1v1. Gon won, and Morel had a decent chance of winning as stated by Pouf himself.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

I don't think the royal guard would be the kind of existential threat to Chrollo that would make him pull the same sacrifice Gon did though, and that's why Gon won.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The royal guard would be enormously dangerous to anyone that couldn't either match or counter their ridiculous strength and speed, to say nothing of their individual nen specialties. Humans without a certain level of enhancement mastery just couldn't match up to their inhuman physiques.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

The royal guard would be enormously dangerous to anyone that couldn't either match or counter their ridiculous strength and speed, to say nothing of their individual nen specialties. Humans without a certain level of enhancement mastery just couldn't match up to their inhuman physiques.

While this may be true, have you considered that Bungee Gum has the properties of both rubber AND gum?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

jon joe posted:

While this may be true, have you considered that Bungee Gum has the properties of both rubber AND gum?

But what does it taste like?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Two characters in the series that weren't Netero took on royal guards 1v1. Gon won, and Morel had a decent chance of winning as stated by Pouf himself.

Pouf also never even tried to fight Morel. He just decided to escape while bluffing him.

Pouf always seemed to be the least combat effective royal guard anyway.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Roland Jones posted:

Reminder that the Hunter Association considered Meruem's colony as a B rank threat. I can't remember if that was entirely due to Pariston's meddling or not though.

Eej fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 7, 2016

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Was that before or after he got nuked and became god

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Eej posted:

Reminder that the Hunter Association considered Meruem's colony as a B rank threat. I can't remember if that was entirely due to Pariston's meddling or not though.

He was a B rank because that could just blow him up with a nuke. Higher ranks are for stuff that can't be nuked like that zombo disease.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Genocyber posted:

He was a B rank because that could just blow him up with a nuke. Higher ranks are for stuff that can't be nuked like that zombo disease.

Yeah he was basically just a localized threat and one that could be easily dealt with.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
While the king was amazingly strong, the real threat was the prospect of him making large numbers of nen ants. The number of human nen users wouldn't be able to compare. Though of course in the end taking out the king removed that threat, and he was never poison nuke-proof.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i just thought of something weird. since chrollo has his nen back, he has regained access to whats-her-face's fortune telling ability, right?

if i was him, i wouldnt have fought hisoka until it told me i wasnt gonna die horribly

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neon never told her own fortunes. I wouldn't be surprised if Chrollo took her advice to heart and avoided telling his own too; while it was superstitious on her part, it would have shaped her nen ability, so while he took it from her it still could have effects he would rather avoid.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He could have told Hisoka's fortune, maybe.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

He needs to have the person who's fortune he's telling to write down a bunch of personal information to get that ability to work. Hisoka would catch on pretty quickly, and if Chrollo pressed the matter Hisoka would just texture surprise the thing to say he'd lose and not read the thing himself, because a fight you know the end of would be pretty boring.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

He has his information. He's already told his fortune before.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It might be possible to force someone to have their fortune read, but I kind of doubt Chrollo would bother. It isn't really something to use on enemies.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Do the rules of the ability actually require permission, though? They don't require you to be face to face with the person.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TWIST FIST posted:

Do the rules of the ability actually require permission, though? They don't require you to be face to face with the person.

Every single time it was used the recipient wrote down their own info, so it seems likely that was required. Chrollo could easily force someone to write theirs, but why would he bother? The fortune would just be a verse about how they were gonna get killed by him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
there is no proof netero was the strongest human

Froggycleric
May 11, 2013

Don't sully his love with imagined reasons.

TWIST FIST posted:

He could have told Hisoka's fortune, maybe.

Whats a poetic way to say raging murder boner?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Every single time it was used the recipient wrote down their own info, so it seems likely that was required. Chrollo could easily force someone to write theirs, but why would he bother? The fortune would just be a verse about how they were gonna get killed by him.

Yeah looking at it again, the information seems to need to be written down on special paper so I guess that seems likely.

theress still other roundabout ways to use that to predict the match though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.

Jose posted:

there is no proof netero was the strongest human

In the martial sense he was unsurpassed by anyone, but that is a very narrow view of strength. Who'd be stronger?