Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Alrighty then! Hoping to update tonight.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Well this should be interesting. The last time someone tried to "heal" their fragility it didn't go so well for the general population.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah but that was forcefully removing a fundamental part of their being with a sudden jerk, at worst this is just gonna result in deformed mutants who would have otherwise died, at best the deformed mutants are super kawaii! ^^;

But yeah this is a dangerous path, goons don't screw her up like you screwed up Deesix.

vvv Only with a kiss! BUT IF THEY MISS THE KISS

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
I'll bet one d6 that Shi is going to accidentally invent Verre mind-control.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
There could be a wide range of potential effects - a cat-like ability to lick wounds, the invention of milk-glue, regenerative cheese-cloth armor, anomalice-like viral takeover of the Verre, increased dicestone quarrying and enslavement of fortugnats, the removal of the Verre's 'cautious' trait... the list could go on, but really it's all in the dice~!

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Puppies are dicks posted:

Vote this please. Medical manga are the best manga in part because they cover the horrible hot shitpile that the Japanese version of the AMA is in an accessible and less horribly soul killing way.

BACK UP, THERE'S MEDICAL MANGA?

goodbye money

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Unfortunately, several of my errands ran long - at the point where I have an update written but the art isn't complete yet. Update tomorrow asap, ladies and gents - I'm anxious to continue her story!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

cat_herder posted:

BACK UP, THERE'S MEDICAL MANGA?

goodbye money

Franken Fran to Dr. Black Jack, and everything in between.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

One day, while walking with a scouting party through a dicebox canyon, a random shift of the earth caused a handful of stones to pelt down on us. I grimaced in irritation and covered my face, but my hosts hissed and dove out of the way. A tinkling sound of gravel hitting Glass followed by a deeper, guttural crack - and my friend Murano laid shattered on the floor, Milk pouring out of her. She didn’t cry out - the Verre were largely quiet, even in discomfort, but everyone ran over to her with concern plain on their faces. I closed slowly, looking down at her. She didn’t look good.

The Milchemists immediately closed in, shooing the others away - they wandered off, satisfied that she was in good hands. Breakages were frequent, after all, among the Verre. I, however, was not satisfied! I slid down beside her and cradled her head in my arms. She smiled weakly and told me not to fuss - she was fine, and even a truncated arm wouldn’t slow her down any! But looking at her, looking at the Milk pouring out of the stump of her arm, I felt the sick helplessness I was so used to down below. I shuffled around to where the Milchemists were working, infusing her wounded limb with ‘Milk’s Healing Aspect’ and letting the wound knit itself closed. I picked up a fragment of her arm, curious - living Glass, but Glass nontheless. Feeling almost disrespectful, I tried to Shape it. It worked.

I asked the Milchemists to stop their ministrations and let me try something. They looked at me, and for the first time I truly felt like an outsider - but Murano waved me over with her good arm, and they nodded. I grasped the fragments of her limb (as many as I could find), and together with the Milchemists we roughly reassembled the pieces. Next was the tricky part - I wrapped myself tightly around both stump and free end and held everything together. On my count, Milk Magic and my more mundane powers flared and

All of us sat there dumbfounded - none moreso than me - for a few moments. Tentatively, Murano flexed her arm, then she sprang up and gave me a hug! The Milchemists fairly pulled me off her and began grilling me for technique, wanting to trade notes. As of that day - any doubt in my mind or theirs that I didn’t belong with them vanished.

-O-
Two years later, I still walk with them. We’ve seen many things in our travels, much that I wouldn’t have believed possible only a scant few years before.

• 1A To the Lake of Milk!
    In our travels, we found more of the Glass Folk - traditions vary among the different tribes, but one big one seems to be travelling to the Lake of Milk and making an offering to some long-dead Goddess. I'm... a little cool... on the topic of Gods and Goddesses, but they think it's important. I even got to take part in one of their Milk Rituals, making me (as far as they know) the first non-Verre to do so. It's not a secret, it's simply that no one else has ever asked.
  • 1B To Chromeport!
    I’ve heard them talk about Chromeport over the years, but I’ve never been. They try, but they can barely describe it - it’s simply the biggest gathering of People anywhere. They keep telling me about things like shops and markets and concerts, but it simply doesn’t translate. They’ve given up entirely and just said I needed to see it for myself! It might be risky, though - Fortugnat are apparently not well-respected. My heart twists hearing it, but I can’t tell myself I believe any different.
  • 1C To the Stained Lakes!
    I heard about this place in passing - a lake of Glass and color, very beautiful and very fragile. Murano is very keen to go, along with some of the other young Verre. I don’t know if I can bear to go. It’s underground, you see, revealed by the draining of one of the lakes of Water. I’ve grown so used to the wide open sky...
  • 1D To the Glass Forests!
    A huge, sharp collection of living Glass growing out of the Milky earth. I’ve seen many of them from afar, but never been to one. The Verre tell me of all sorts of secrets hidden within them, secrets only the Verre know. The laugh when they tell me this. I simply do not understand their humor sometimes.

In our travels, several times the Verre have turned to me and told me to drop to the floor. I don’t ask why anymore - I do it, and they cover me with layers of material. Sometimes nothing happens, and they let me get up a few moments later. Sometimes… sometimes I hear a heavy thud. Hear strange voices. Those times, I stay perfectly still, and wait. They let me up afterwards, after a long while - but there’s no one around. They tell me not to worry about it - but they look worried themselves. Next time, I resolve to:

• 2A Do Nothing!
    I trust them. They’ve been nothing but kind to me, and I listen to them - they know more about this world than I, and some mysteries are not worth staring in the face.
  • 2B I Listen!
    In trying to stay still and silent, I haven’t once focused on the words that I hear. Next time, I will listen, and learn about why I hide.
  • 2C I Watch!
    I’ll peek out at whatever I’m hiding from. I’m no Shadomino, and certainly no Verre - but I bet I could catch a glimpse of them. I’ve got to know what’s going on.
  • 2D Stand Tall!
    I won’t hide. I’ve hidden long enough. Whatever is going on, I will face it with courage. The Verre don’t need to put themselves at risk for me any longer!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 7, 2016

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
1B
2D Changed this one later on

Screw them then. We've done nothing wrong, and have no reason to hide.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 8, 2016

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:3:

1D
2B

Let's go see these secrets in the glass forests, and hear who's making the thuds. :D

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
1D 2C

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
1A
2B

Best not to show yourself to the death squads juuuust yet.

But go learn about Gods, it's about time someone of your race went and learned about Gods.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 7, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Theantero posted:

1B
2D

Seconding this. We have done nothing wrong! 1B, 2D

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

1B
2C

charms
Oct 14, 2012

1A
2C

Let's learn the secrets of the glass people.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

dog kisser posted:

Verre were largely quiet, even in discomfort

WHAT

e: 1CA, 2A Hello darkness my old friend. e2: WAIT poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT CHEESE e3: too many people want Shi to die, final vote 1A, 2B

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 17:01 on May 8, 2016

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
D
A

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1A Wheyfarer Rennet's cheese is divine and he always has time for visitors after all :v:.
2A

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A+C

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

1D
2B

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Abyssal Squid posted:

WHAT

e: 1CA, 2A Hello darkness my old friend. e2: WAIT poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT CHEESE

Hey they're cat-like, not cats! No one taught them to meow!

teach one the Silver song, on the other hand...

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

dog kisser posted:

Hey they're cat-like, not cats! No one taught them to meow!

teach one the Silver song, on the other hand...

Good point, the next god who does something with the Verre who doesn't tell them to meow for help is angling for some wispy -1s. :ssj:

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Abyssal Squid posted:

WHAT

e: 1CA, 2A Hello darkness my old friend. e2: WAIT poo poo I FORGOT ABOUT CHEESE

:worship: the true goddess of the Verre

Abyssal Squid posted:

Good point, the next god who does something with the Verre who doesn't tell them to meow for help is angling for some wispy -1s. :ssj:

:agreed:

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
1B
2B

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

1A and 2C

I'm totally not biased at all.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

1B
2B

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
1D Glass Forest
2C Watch

Watch and Learn from the Verre

Learn the Secrets of Living Glass

Become the Medical Mangamancer of the Verre People

and become a Glass "druid" in the process

Gravedust
Nov 2, 2011

You're going to die.

1B
2B

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
1B 2D

To the great city, with the long-lost pride of the Fortugnat.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
1A 2D

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

1D
2C

Don't shy away!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
1B
2B

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
1A, Cultural documentation!

2A, They trusted Shi to heal, Shi will trust them to keep her out of danger.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

1. D
2. C

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

1B 2C

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART

Theantero posted:

1B
2D

Don't be a bitch and let those cat people brown bag you brah! If they want a relationship then they don't get to decide when and where you speak up for yourself and oh this is probably going to be a bad thing...

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
1B
2B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer