Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SebAndSeb posted:

:siren:new strip:siren:

Is it just me or has http://totesrad.com/ been down for a while? Alt text?

Actually I think the first rule of improv is the two drink minimum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Don't mess with the implicate order of a dude.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Saoshyant posted:

Achewood is a celebration of the English language.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Teodor/Beef strips are the layup drill of new-era Achewood.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I always wondered what T is doing at that drafting table.

Probably keeps himself afloat almost entirely on whimsical graphic-design requests from Ray.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

bit weaker, still decent, gonna be a minute before he tops last week

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"That's big talk from a guy who masturbates the way some people have a god" is a pretty drat good line.

It's fun having Achewood around again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Der Shovel posted:

"That's big talk from a guy who masturbates the way some people have a god" is a pretty drat good line.

Yeah, I was enjoying the strip but that line in particular stands out, it's a drat good line.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Der Shovel posted:

eh, actually trying to say that line in any conceivable context would result in a very confusing silence at best

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Saoshyant posted:

Did he mean to put a typo in a strip? Also, this was some Garfield level bullshit. The world needs opposites, Jon! I love lasagna gently caress mondays!

us vs also us
Jul 8, 2007

Hello! I hope you are having a nice day!

Tonfa posted:

eh, actually trying to say that line in any conceivable context would result in a very confusing silence at best

Wow it's almost like you don't have to read comics out loud !

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
please be sympathetic to the goons that have been substituting achewood for having a real personality for 15 years

Reading out loudability is a core part of the process

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Wait, you mean stoicly reading a single strip, barely pausing to let a single, grudging, "heh" pass your lips, isn't the right way to enjoy Achewood dot com?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Please dont incorporate Achewood lines into your repartee.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Squishy posted:

I once stopped going out with a girl because she said internet meme poo poo out loud in real life and I couldn't take it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
One time at work I heard a guy a few cubes away say "oh snap powned" out loud in conversation.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The voice in this comic is bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Chickenwalker posted:

I once stopped going out with a girl because she said internet meme poo poo out loud in real life and I couldn't take it.

wuss

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

One time a guy in my college drama class said "it's over nine thousand!" in the voice to me after I said I liked browsing the internet sometimes and I averted my eyes and pretended to wot not of his speech.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr. Squishy posted:

This advice comes way too late for me, horse dogg maniac.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
The only achewood line it's acceptable to use is "you diss my dog you fluff my hog" completely stonefaced to someone who insulted your dog.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Yeah I meant "the voice is stilted", not "BEEP BOOP CANNOT USE LINE IN REAL LIFE", jesus. Achewood is at its best when the dialogue flows naturally.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
You can't bugger a child online, not even with Flash.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
>You see a child

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if you dont answer "You can do whatever you want in life" to literally every question aimed at you then you are doing whatever you wanting in life wrong

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Aztec posted:

>You see a child

SAY TO CHILD: "YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT IN LIFE.":ins:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Johnny Aztec posted:

>You see a child

Bugger that child

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

MotU posted:

if you dont answer "You can do whatever you want in life" to literally every question aimed at you then you are doing whatever you wanting in life wrong

If you haven't dropped Being In Trouble Is A Fake Idea in real life, well.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
You can pretty much recite Roast Beef's bloatee dialogue at anybody with bad facial hair.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

MotU posted:

if you dont answer "You can do whatever you want in life" to literally every question aimed at you then you are probably a functional human being and do not belong in the Achewood thread

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Tonfa posted:

Yeah I meant "the voice is stilted", not "BEEP BOOP CANNOT USE LINE IN REAL LIFE", jesus. Achewood is at its best when the dialogue flows naturally.

It works better on the page than when spoken, but I think it fits that weird category of subchatter the strip has.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
You can definitely use "You can do whatever you want in life" in real life, because you can do whatever you want in life.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Filthy Haiku posted:

The only achewood line it's acceptable to use is "you diss my dog you fluff my hog" completely stonefaced to someone who insulted your dog.

You better be able to do the followup, though.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Der Shovel posted:

Yeah, a lot of these strips hover in the "good" to "eh, good" range, but it's cool because they also all have almost exactly one classic achewood line that just blows you away.

Too bad Sun Tzu ain't got a chapter for when the enemy is yourself.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
"I mean, you can't put shoes on it, or anything. Heh! You know--it's an abortion."

"Abortions can't wear shoes?"

"No... not if they doin' it right. No."

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Cloks posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

not gonna lie, I use this far more than is advisable. That and "little bullshit man". And on at least one occasion, "it is silly to like The Cure!"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

not gonna lie, I use this far more than is advisable. That and "little bullshit man". And on at least one occasion, "it is silly to like The Cure!"

Also, some variation of "Do you Know Todd"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i rarely, if ever, quote webcomics irl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

in fact, webcomics usually quote me