Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
Tell me again like I'm a big fat dummy (because I might be)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what if tommu... scom?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Birdstrike posted:

what if tommu... scom?

BIF BOSS POSTIGN

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."
Realtalk though, Kommando was the worst of it and his showing up to comment on the believability of Gaspy's RB but not my doctor role was kind of suss. (that's doctor, not nurse, I protected Gaspy last night, learn to read shitheads)

Also now that I've slept on it, his "omg Bif always does this poo poo" might not have been just his usual button-pushing, it might've been an excuse to try and move the vote from Meds while trying to sound natural. Cause here's the twist: Kommando had no reason to wait for my screwup, to do some fake shocked reveal. He knew already. I loving told him to his face at goonmeet.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Birdstrike posted:

what if tommu... scom?

do u have an actual reason i might be scom

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Australians

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tommunist posted:

nah it's a hypothetical

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

Kommando posted:

And you've been town in more games than you've been scum, I know the gamblers fallacy, im just kicking the narrative along.

You still seem scummy but since noone else is thinking CCKeane is a retard and slipped his allegiance, im going to try and help a successful lynch.

The most successful lynch going on at this time was Meds, not me. Nice try "kicking the narrative along"

##vote Kommando

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
wait wait wait wait WAIT

wait just a minute

if Anidav is who they say they are...

just who in the hell is Splode on Prozac?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

And Venom Soag?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Infinitum posted:

And Venom Soag?

Asphyxious

Birdstrike posted:

wait wait wait wait WAIT

wait just a minute

I'm pretty sure (not 100% - no one's ever said up and up who it is) that Splode on Prozac is Anidav himself.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Did y'all find mills' parachute

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

is it u

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Tremendous Taste posted:

Millsslip

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah I put holes in it.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

tithin posted:

I'm pretty sure (not 100% - no one's ever said up and up who it is) that Splode on Prozac is Anidav himself.

I'm 90% sure it's not Anidav, just because of how completely bewildered he was when Splode subsequently got very angry at him for Splodeine.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

All this auspol meta... I'll trust it? :shrug: typically hate meta reads though

IMO 75% of auspol meta can be ignored game to game, I only really use meta reads if the player has a consistent play style--e.g. Bif and Gaspy don't, but as far as I can tell, iajanus and Kommando do

iajanus is a worse lurker than me, keep an eye on him and make sure his posts aren't just little interjections that don't add anything to the scum hunting (basically what you should look for in any poster anyway)
Kommando's consistent play style is that he can be relied upon to be bad at mafia.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Only in spirit 💙

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
iajanus isn't being very lurky this game so maybe even my 'iajanus is a worse lurker than me' meta is bad

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Mithranderp posted:

iajanus is a worse lurker than me, keep an eye on him and make sure his posts aren't just little interjections that don't add anything to the scum hunting (basically what you should look for in any poster anyway)
Kommando's consistent play style is that he can be relied upon to be bad at mafia.

you just described every single game iajanus has been in, and iirc he's never rolled scum

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

you just described every single game iajanus has been in, and iirc he's never rolled scum

huh I could have sworn I was scum with him once, but I don't remember for sure so :shrug:

maybe he's trying too hard to be not lurky this game! and is therefore scum!

idk I'm not actually suggesting I've got a read on iajanus at all at this point

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've only been scum once and it wasn't with you mith (two game ago, and I ended up being the sacrificial lamb). In my last few games I've been trying hard not to be lurky, although I have a lot more time during the week to do so since I'm sitting in front of a pc all day instead of driving around doing things on the weekend.

This game I'm torn between Kommando and banidav - I think at least one is scum but I don't have a read on who. I'm leaning towards banidav - the angry posts seem a bit like she's trying to push focus away from her and get us talking about other things.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
how do people feel about TQ?

or vector?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i don't feel anything after busbs abuse

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Truth Quark (2): Tommunist, Birdstrike
JakeP (2): HiipFire, Anomalous Amalgam
Kommando (1): Revolver Anidav
Asphyxious (1): Tremendous Taste, Truth Quark, Truth Quark
Revolver Anidav (1): Truth Quark
Kashuno (1): JakeP
iajanus (1): Quandary

Not Voting (12): Asphyxious, bowmore, iajanus, IllegallySober, Kashuno, Kommando, Max, Mithranderp, Rurea, tithin, vector_to, Zetsubou-san

With 21 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 24th, 2016 at 10 a.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 17 hours.

Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

I think vector sounds more town than TQ. Not sure if TQ is scummy enough to be on my radar though. Except that part where he wants to vote for the claimed doctor. That's not very pro town. :shrug:

But the real question is, are they now or have they ever been replicants?

If everyone had just posted a replicaim in the time they'd taken to complain about it, we'd know who it is already and move on to better things. Maybe they were scared of being lynched for being a replicant. But I think it would be better to ignore them for now once they're found out. We know their alignment can't be scum.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

iajanus posted:

I've only been scum once and it wasn't with you mith (two game ago, and I ended up being the sacrificial lamb)

Ah fair enough, must have mixed you up with someone else with a similar playstyle

Birdstrike posted:

how do people feel about TQ?

or vector?

Hard to say, TQ were gunning for Kashuno yesterday but they seem like they're making a fair dinkum effort at scum hunting. Vector seemed keen on getting rid of lurkers day 1 (which is good except when it's me obviously) and at least came back to vote for Meds when we were facing a no-lynch. On balance I agree with Revolver Anidav that Vector seems more town but neither seem particularly scummy.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

note: 'fair dinkum' = genuine

IMO we should look at Zets and possibly bowmore, super low-content and low-effort posts from these two.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Mithranderp posted:

note: 'fair dinkum' = genuine

IMO we should look at Zets and possibly bowmore, super low-content and low-effort posts from these two.

Wait, bowmore is playing this game? That's some epic lurking. Happy to vote since he has almost no posts and none since the twentieth.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Quit looking at lurkers to kill - they're gonna get killed anyway if they keep that poo poo up.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

not if they make the minimum ten posts/day, then they can continue their low-content existence without fear of being modkilled

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Tommunist posted:

this sounds like truth

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Revolver Anidav posted:

Realtalk though, Kommando was the worst of it and his showing up to comment on the believability of Gaspy's RB but not my doctor role was kind of suss. (that's doctor, not nurse, I protected Gaspy last night, learn to read shitheads)

Also now that I've slept on it, his "omg Bif always does this poo poo" might not have been just his usual button-pushing, it might've been an excuse to try and move the vote from Meds while trying to sound natural. Cause here's the twist: Kommando had no reason to wait for my screwup, to do some fake shocked reveal. He knew already. I loving told him to his face at goonmeet.

I hadn't worked out that you protected me and that is loving amazing. Obviously not going to block you again.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

or am I?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Realtalk: no.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

##vote kommando

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

This is replicator_two, I'm a limited first-edition line, still fully packaged. If only there were someone to collect me!

vector_to
Mar 7, 2013

That said and done, feeling Revolver for town, outside of all the auspol meta discussion that's just gibberish to me. Seems to be leading the discussion to productive places more often than not.

Not feeling it enough to vote Kommando over JakeP right now though.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Revolver Anidav posted:

I've been out looking at housing today. I managed to find a place :)
Sorry I've been afk most of today. I'm catching up now.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

wait wait wait wait WAIT

wait just a minute

Skellybones

Mithranderp posted:

I'm 90% sure it's not Anidav, just because of how completely bewildered he was when Splode subsequently got very angry at him for Splodeine.

IMO 75% of auspol meta can be ignored game to game, I only really use meta reads if the player has a consistent play style--e.g. Bif and Gaspy don't, but as far as I can tell, iajanus and Kommando do

Ouch. Rough.

tithin posted:

Quit looking at lurkers to kill - they're gonna get killed anyway if they keep that poo poo up.

I agree with a Lynch the lurkers proposal but Infinitum has sorted that out mostly..

I realised that this post could be spread out into 4, making up post count. Something Asphyxious just did.
gently caress what do I know. I'm bad at mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I legit don't understand 75% of what was posted last (US) night.

• Locked thread