Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
It's a funny forum quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Travis343 posted:

This isnt the awkward thread

oh good, I thought I may have posted it there by mistake

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Holy poo poo, is that a shrimp in Rachael's eyes? Ah, hahaha. I didn't notice that the first time around.

Palpek posted:

Lol that's nice :cheers:

That was some good stuff, dude.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I love Palpek and also shrimps

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Machai posted:

Debate about colonialism in the board games thread

Thread title delivers!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the raven from poe's the raven but it keeps quoting forums quotes you don't think are funny

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PBS Newshour posted:

the raven from poe's the raven but it keeps quoting forums quotes you don't think are funny

Quote the Raven "LOSS DOT JEPG!"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sham bam bamina! posted:

(paraphrased from :words:)
Internationally Esteemed Citizen Journalist: Explain how I'm wrong.
Forums Weirdo: Some guy already has, in extensive detail; here's a link.

It's cool how you have this weird vendetta about Brown Moses and are championing conspiracy theories to try to prove he's Actually Bad And Stupid or whatever your goal is here.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Improbable Lobster posted:

I love Palpek and also shrimps

I feel like it wasn't quite done because we didn't get Bubba's speech with every way to prepare shrimp replaced.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

PBS Newshour posted:

PBS Newshour posted:

From this thread

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

It's cool how you have this weird vendetta about Brown Moses and are championing conspiracy theories to try to prove he's Actually Bad And Stupid or whatever your goal is here.
Does this person you're talking about have a spinning cat avatar or what? I don't know how you're confusing them with me.

I've made all of two posts about the guy, one of them in YOSPOS and the other in this thread. I don't know or care enough about him to have an actual opinion beyond "he has raised awareness of important issues" and "LOL Wikipedia and Twitter". But if you want a superficial quip I made in establishing the context for what I thought was a funny quote about D&D to be a vendetta, go ahead.

Edit: Given that I have just about zero understanding of the situation, if my post was truly, grievously wrong on some level that I'm not aware of, Brown Moses has my apologies, trivial as they would be.

Sham bam bamina! has a new favorite as of 19:14 on May 22, 2016

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
This explains so much. :shudder:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I thought the post you quoted was funny, but while there's criticisms to be made about Black Moses's methods, the person 'bloodshit' (lol) is citing is a freep-level conspiracy theorist who believes the republican party has been overrun with 'cuckservatives.'

Like I said tho, the quote was funny ty for posting it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lol black moses

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

black baby moses

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

lol black moses

Bam a lam

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Horniest Manticore posted:

Sleep is one of the greatest things in life. It comforts, soothes, revives. Consider the words of Shakespeare:

Shakespeare posted:

...the innocent sleep,
Sleep that knits up the ravell'd sleeve of care,
The death of each day's life, sore labour's bath,
Balm of hurt minds, great nature's second course,
Chief nourisher in life's feast
No matter who you are, sleep is a time to rest and restore. It is a blessing available to everyone, young and old, rich or poor.

But not The Fat.

You see, The Fat have forfeited the "balm of hurt minds." They have turned away from the path of health, and so God has visited upon them the curse of sleep apnea. Sleep is no longer rejuvinating for The Fat. It no longer soothes and comforts. It is but a shadowy parody of itself, much as The Fat are themselves grotesque distortions of human beings. And The Fat have no one to blame but themselves. They decided that Pop Tarts and regular Cokes were better than sleep. Better than sleep! Gentle posters, nothing is better than sleep. This mistake is the crowning one in the misguided lives of The Fat.

Thank you for reading.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Tesseraction posted:

I thought the post you quoted was funny, but while there's criticisms to be made about Black Moses's methods, the person 'bloodshit' (lol) is citing is a freep-level conspiracy theorist who believes the republican party has been overrun with 'cuckservatives.'

Like I said tho, the quote was funny ty for posting it.

There's a bevy of really weird posters who kinda follow BM around accusing him of all kinds of things. When I first saw the quote here I thought for a second that was leaking in here. All-Pro might have done the same.

Sidenote: I'm hoping one of his un-fans gets outted as an actual paid shill from a foreign government so we can add one more bullet to the list of no-poo poo international tomfoolery that inexplicably intersects the forums. Honestly though, I think it's just the internet being the internet.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tesseraction posted:

Ah. Nice. I had naively assumed it was more along the lines of "error level analysis does not work that way" or something.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Volkerball posted:

lol black moses

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

There's a bevy of really weird posters who kinda follow BM around accusing him of all kinds of things. When I first saw the quote here I thought for a second that was leaking in here. All-Pro might have done the same.
No, he just gets weirdly personally offended whenever someone talks poo poo about Brown Moses.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Really? I want to try it. Here: BM has such BO.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Karate Bastard posted:

Please don't call brown moses a BMBO, he is actually pretty intelligent

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Karate Bastard posted:

My sources (Wikipedia) confirm this.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I only now noticed that The_White_Crane got a shrimp av:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770505&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post459943640

It's oversized so a mod did it. He got a pretty sweet av out of the whole deal if you ask me.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Palpek posted:

I only now noticed that The_White_Crane got a shrimp av:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770505&pagenumber=29&perpage=40#post459943640

It's oversized so a mod did it. He got a pretty sweet av out of the whole deal if you ask me.

Boy, it's almost like the av restrictions you take for granted aren't shared amongst the entire human race! How amazing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Otisburg posted:

The F-35 is like that scene in Robocop 2 where the first prototype pulls its own head off in horror and self-loathing, only instead of iterating on it with a better design they just keep re-attaching the head and booting it back up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grandmother of Five posted:

guy who stumbles out of a real-life version SNL skit about smoking weed where your hands feel big. your fingers "fing", spiders crawl on the ceiling: the universe is sentient and time is infnite

all of the STEM majors of something awful, in same cadence as Calvin's classmates shouting "bats are not bugs!!!": time and space is not infinite!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TetsuoTW posted:

No, he just gets weirdly personally offended whenever someone talks poo poo about Brown Moses.

If by this you mean I get weirdly personally offended by conspiracy theorists excusing war crimes, then you're correct. Usually those types show up on these forums to scream and bitch about Brown Moses, so I can see how you'd get confused.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The race is on!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

It's cool how you have this weird vendetta about Pusheen and are championing Wonderwoman to try to prove he's Actually Bad And Stupid or whatever your goal is here.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The race is on!

Around the block in 80 days

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

It's cool how you have this weird vendetta about Pusheen

Is that what the cat is called?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

absolutely not don't be absurd

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

http://pusheen.com/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

PRADA SLUT posted:

It was like drinking powdered crossfit

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

unpacked robinhood posted:

As a fledgling world superpower Brazil unveiled their ambitious project to put zika on the moon.
They're struggling with the sewage-methane engine but as the minister of science said "there's no problem, we're on schedule and anyway I don't know anyone who had problems launching a rocket into space"
Also someone stole the flight computer from the chief scientist's scooter so they'll guide it with a repurposed Atari jaguar.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

It's cool how you have this weird vendetta about Pusheen and are championing Wonderwoman to try to prove he's Actually Bad And Stupid or whatever your goal is here.

She. Pusheen is a queen.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

jrodefeld posted:

Here's the deal with my participation on this website going forward. I have now been banned twice for no apparent reason. The first time I was banned, the reason stated was because I was "arguing in bad faith". Now, I recall vividly the particular posts I had made which got me banned and I was being as genuine in my beliefs as I could be. I looked through the rules, and there is no rule pertaining to the entirely subjective charge of bad-faith arguing. I emailed the moderator who banned me and he flatly refused to give me any explanation for why I was banned.

Okay, so I didn't post immediately after the three weeks or so of the ban was up because I frankly had more productive and important things to do. A week or two ago I posted a SINGLE reply to the Climate Change thread which violated no rule, was entirely in line with the purpose of that thread, contained no foul language and I was almost immediately banned and no explanation was given. No reason was stated in the so-called "Leper's Colony". I emailed the moderator and was ignored. Furthermore, I was required to pay a $10 charge for un-banning my account. The only reason I paid this fee was because I make a good living and basically had money to burn. I wanted to vent my anger and address this perversion of justice. But, if anyone bans me again for an illegitimate reason and wants me to pay for the privilege of posting again, I won't do so. I will decide that this forum is absolutely inhospitable to non-leftist and libertarian opinions. I hope you are better than that.

The only conceivable reason for such a ban was that moderators don't want me posting in any other threads. Okay, come out and explicitly tell me that. Don't ban me for no stated reason and refuse to respond to emails.

The most frustrating thing about this recent episode was that I only said a very small fraction of what I had intended to say, dozens of people got to respond to my post with some surprisingly intelligent thoughts (in some cases) and I wasn't allowed to develop the conversion.

I will post in this thread and restrict my posting to only this thread if I get an agreement from the moderators to back off and allow me to state my opinions provided I don't break any stated rules. If there are any additional rules just especially for me, then explicitly tell me what you expect of me and I'll comply.

If someone shortly bans my account for no stated or rational reason, and furthermore asks me to pay AGAIN $10 for un-banning my account, I will go to my credit card company with a fraud charge and re-coup the $10 I just spent for the privilege of telling you how I feel about unfair moderating practices.

I'd like to get some resolution to this issue before I make any effort to debate political ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Context: