Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
+1 to fitumo's catalopes.

Wisp count: 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
+1 To Fortuna

This is my fifth wisping.

+ - - available this era.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 24, 2016

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
+1 to Fortuna

Wisp Count: 1 (5?)

e-

Remaining for Age: +,-,-

Aabcehmu fucked around with this message at 09:58 on May 24, 2016

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
+1 Holly, Wisp 9

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
+1 Fortuna

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
:siren:ALRIGHT! Finally put images in! Go back here and reread it with pictures - and to see the new Remnants and who has them!:siren:

Thanks for your patience, and I'm already looking forward to seeing what effects these newest Actions will have!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
+1 Fortuna

Now that's what I want to see

Wispy Count: 9
Like 1/2
Spite 2/2

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
+1 Fortuna

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
-1 Mason

No hard feelings; Something's school of Dipsomancy sounds amazing. But I gotta save my posi-wisps for later and you seem to have the largest buffer. I'm a scheming little wisp!

Total wispings: 5

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

+1 to Fortuna

Wisp count: 6

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
+1 to Fortuna!

Wispings: 1

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
-1 Fortuna

Wisps: 1

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
-1 Fortuna

Wisp Count: 7

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

+1 Fortuna

WC:5

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

-1 to Fortuna

Fortugnats are not allowed to be happy.

WC: 8.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

+1 to Tezcota

I'm interested to see how this turns out. Plus, you scratched my back so I scratch yours.

WC: 5

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 21, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Alright, good crop of Wisp votes this time, too! Not closing anything just yet, but make sure you've read the most recent update complete with pictures to make absolutely sure you're doing what you want to do!

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Fortuna +1

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
+1 Fortuna, lucky 7th Wisping.

+-- remain this era.

SadBag
Jun 24, 2012

Something has gone very wrong for us to get to the point where Hot Dog is the admiral.
-1 Glum, 1st Wisping

The Aqueau need heroes, not couch potatoes.

++- remaining

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Kyyp posted:

So instead, Fitumo sent them kittens.
Kittens with antlers.
1d20 = 13
Kittens with antlers that would one day grow into great beasts! Protectors of the wilds!

+1 to Fitumo's Kittenstags

And lo, didst he reach out from the Ocean to enwispen the proceedings for a 5th time.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

And lo, didst he reach out from the Ocean to enwispen the proceedings for a 5th time.

6 times :v:.

Absurd Revolver posted:

-1 Fitumo

Coagulating: 2

It's still only one vote per round as a wisp.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

A Darker Porpoise posted:

:negative:

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

+1 to Fitumo holy poo poo jackakittens yes good

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

+1 Fortuna. Dice dudes need something to go right for them.

1st Wisping.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Didn't he change it so that we get one + and one -?

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.

Absurd Revolver posted:

You still only get one wisp action per update; what's changed is that you get a maximum of two positive and two negative votes for the entire age (1 age = 4 updates).

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Absurd Revolver posted:

we get 2 of each, over the course of an age. but still only one + or - per round.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Zybourne Clock posted:

You still only get one wisp action per update; what's changed is that you get a maximum of two positive and two negative votes for the entire age (1 age = 4 updates).

Ah, alright, disregard my second vote then.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Barbed Tongues posted:

Action: Have the Verre use Watcher-From-Without on the Pyrexalted, and for better or worse, learn their origins and natures.
Roll = 14

-1 to Tezcota Some secrets should stay secrets.

Wisp count: 2
++- remaining this age

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Still alive, but have to push it to tomorrow. Sorry, folks! Long weekend then starting work up again disheveled me a bit!

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

:f5:

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

Huge, loud welcome party for the gods in Chromeport :sotw: :holy: :dance:, and then all 5 of the new gods are like: :shrug: "Umm... I'll just arrive... somewhere else..." :geno:

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

ShadowGlass posted:

all 5 of the new gods

Pantheon of Party Poopers, we are. Poor buddies.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Hey, there are Fortugnat in Chromeport, so theoretically Fortuna could have been there too...but she is sort of blindfolded. :shrug: Maybe she just didn't notice the party. :lol:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
:raise: "Maybe the God don't like party"

:eng99: "How should we welcome them next time?"

:monar: "With sofas!"

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Barbed Tongues posted:

Pantheon of Party Poopers, we are. Poor buddies.

A party without booze is no party at all. :colbert:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

The Silvurtle watched the Gods appear before them, lighting the sky with their divine luminescence… then vanish, spreading their powers across the world and leaving them alone. The party continued, for the Gods had returned - but a gentle sense of hurt put a damper on the festivities. Never before had the Gods ignored them to spread blessings elsewhere, but they supposed that it wasn’t anything personal. The divine were well known to be fickle, after all!

-O-
Afterwards, life continued as ever. While the Gods spread their magic to other People, Chromport’s great Market churned like the sea. And from the foam rose a new Hero - Lustre, formally a merchant’s daughter, recently a student of History and Hydromancy, and currently an adventurer-for-hire!

She had recently completed several Quests and even gone Down Below to hunt some stray Anomalice (for even their Sour Milk and Bad Luck could be used in Milchemy, if you knew how to mix them!) She had never seen one of the Gods until recently, but she knew all about them - and she knew that making herself stand out was the best way to get noticed! She redoubled her efforts, taking on more difficult Quests.

One such Quest brought her in contact with Shi of the Verre, who needed a particularly rare ingredient for her own Quest to lift the Water Curse.

Lustre looked upon Shi as a personal hero - she had raised herself from the muck to become a well respected figure, confidant to Droplette herself(!) after all. Lustre assured her she wouldn’t let her down.

She also had no idea how she’d get ‘Purest Spelled Milk from ParaDice itself’!

(The Chromeport Market generated a Hero - Lustre! She is a Master Historian and Hydromancer, though she has limited faculty in the Silver Song. She currently has a Quest to get Spelled Milk from ParaDice, which is especially difficult because ParaDice is closed to outsiders. She could use some help!

Their Population is 18. Population is an abstract representation of their abundance, relative to other races. Their Capital is Chromeport. Their Places of Power are the Crystal Spires and the Discography.)

The God’s pronouncement shakes the tight-knit community to its core. With trembling hands, they lifted the Remnant of their long-forgotten Goddess and peered through it at those bound by the God. All at once, the secrets were revealed. Everything.

Their creation and the terrible cost of it, their capabilities, their desires, their secret plans for the Verre. The Miracle saw it all, stripping away all their secrets. The Remnant fell from numb fingers to the floor, fragmenting into crimson ash.

A great silence gripped those assembled outside Chromeport, a sad and melancholy pause for rememberence of those lost. And then… one by one, they stepped forwards and touched their frozen friends, gently wresting them from the God’s grip. He had given them a choice, and they had taken it. Time would tell how they would feel upon digesting this news, but for now, they would accept these changed People who lived among them. They had learned long ago to think and be cautious before casting judgement, and they took that lesson to heart today.

As for Quintzite… he had flouted that lesson. He had acted rashly and dangerously, and his actions had caused much pain and sadness. On the other hand, he had been acting on the word of a God, had been acting to save them all from Fragility. He stood before them, revealed by the light of the Watcher-From-Within, hands outstretched in pleading.

Tails lashing, they stared him down. There may come a time when they would forgive him, but it was not today. He nodded sadly, then turned away, vanishing. Until they called him back, he would protect them from the shadows. Until he had repaid his debt.

-O-
A young Verre spoke in a mere whisper, certain that Tezcota would hear her. She spoke insistently and curiously, and he felt compelled to listen:
”God, I must know something. We know that your kind are the stars in the sky, and that in truth you are Wisps, and that when you are down here witth us you have great power. What I have to know is this: What are we to you? Playthings? Children? Or less even than that? I have heard of poor Shi and how her ancestors suffered under the Gods, and I wonder and fret.”

(The Verre near Chromeport accept the Pyrexalted into their ranks. They are Unbreakable and Masters of Stealth. However, Quintzite remains a Pariah - barring extreme circumstances, the Verre (including the Pyrexalted) will not listen to his words and do not wish to see him.

Watcher-From-Within vanishes forever.

Their Verre Population remains 13 - 7 near Chromeport, 5 nomads, and 1 Pyrexalted. Population is an abstract representation of their abundance, relative to other races.)

-O-
The Verre nomads were wandering one day when they heard a rustling in the Glassgrass. Immediately, they all dropped their equipment and hid, becoming nearly invisible. If a beast were to come for them, if would have to find them first. The sound got louder and louder until finally the animal broke into the path.

They were… adorable! The Verre immediately broke from cover and ran towards them - and they fled. Over the course of days, they found them once again, luring them forth with food. Even skittish, they seemed friendly enough - too friendly. A brief Cut revealed that they were indeed sent by a Goddess, though one who had not revealed herself as of yet. As was the custom, they left her some Milk where they found the animals, and together they all began to travel. Already, the bond had begun.

-O-
As they walked, they called out to the Goddess-Who-Remained-Hidden.
”Goddess, we wish to thank you for these companions. We shall call them Kittines! We have always given thanks to the Gods, and we wish to do so for you also - How should we worship you, oh Hidden One?

(The Verre nomads gain companion creatures, the Kittines - they will bond and grow with the Verre, and their eventual final form will vary based on experiences they share. Currently, they are Cute and Skittish.

The Verre Population remains 13 - 7 near Chromeport, 5 nomads, and 1 Pyrexalted. Population is an abstract representation of their abundance, relative to other races.)

The Fortugnat did not trust the Gods. How could they, at this point? When Fortuna revealed herself to them, they merely watched her hopelessly. She felt a twisting pain in her breast… but then the power of the Wisps flowed through her and she redoubled her efforts. She did not ask them to ‘Come and see’, she commanded them! Her radiant divinity shone out of her bound eyes and her fingertips and they followed her. They followed her up out of Down Below and out of Chromeport and they followed her to the very edge of the land - and then they followed her down the bridge she raised out of nothingness, pieces falling together as though by chance.

The Fortugnat of Below and of Chromeport regarded eachother uncertainly, but the Goddess’ vision was enticing, to say the least. A home of their own? Protected against the Anomalice and the Laitache, against the stares of those in Chromeport? Could this really be true? They watched her as she raised the first houses out of the dicestone, taught them how to make their own, and their hearts filled with hope. Maybe this time it would be different! Maybe this time the Gods were on their side!

-O-
Roulette and Keno were cautiously optimistic, but refused to let go of their Artifact. They had gained it by killing a God, and if this one proved false maybe they could use it to kill her too! Until then, they would trust her at least partially. One thing nettled, however:
”Goddess, we must ask. Our home for so long was Down Below, and being this exposed is frightening. What of the dark places? Should we dig further down in our Great Cave, and entrench ourselves? Or may we trust you to protect us?

(The Fortugnat gain the Great Cave. They have mostly been reunited there, and they have learned how to Build. In time, they will cover the inner surface in Mangamancy, gaining some special effects.

Their Population is 5 - 4 in the Great Cave, 1 slaves to the Laitache
)

The Aqueau of the Lakes were extremely surprised to see the Godly Couch and Box appear. The massive form of the God sat staring at the glowing Box, seemingly entranced by its light. Terribly curious, the bravest Aqueau climbed up beside him and sat beside him. The Box had a world within it! They swam around it, confirming that it was not merely a window - it was most assuredly looking at some other land! They watched in a trance until the God spoke, terrifying them. They scattered until the God reached down with a smile, handing one of them a massive, flat… object. He hefted it awkwardly, looking up at Gulm with confusion. Gulm laughed, then mimed eating it.

The Aqueau took a bite.

Food of the Gods! So far beyond any mortal fare, he simply could not help himself - he ate it whole. The entire, massive thing! Gulm gestured at him, holding out his Godly hand, thumb extended upwards. The (now-fat) Aqueau repeated the gesture back at him, then turned back to watch the Box. The group of scouts sat there watching the Box until another group of scouts was sent to find them.

-O-
In a ‘Break’ between ‘Shows’, the Aqueau-Who-Ate-The-Chip looked up at Gulm, his eyes full of admiration. He cleared his throat, and spoke:
”Great God, thank you for the Box! I must ask you something, sir God. Who are you?

(The Aqueau of the Lakes have gained the Box and the Couch. Or, rather, they were built in their territory so they claim them by default. One of them has eaten a Chip and really, really enjoyed it. He is utterly devoted to Gulm.

Their Population is 16. Population is an abstract representation of their abundance, relative to other races. Their Capital is Chromeport.)

As the God spoke, Legendairy recoiled in something approaching disgust. Were all gods this foolish and self-aggrandizing?

First Czar and now this… Mason. He spoke like the more foolish of the Heavy Caste (and, look there, they were hanging upon his every word) and the content of his words was even more foolish. What was ‘Hooch’? Or ‘Booze’? And why, in Czar’s name, were his People so taken with this God of Fools!?

-O-
The Laitache thought that Mason was simply the best. Whatever history remained of Czar painted him as an ascendant God of glory and honor who had dragged the Laitache into the light and into the glorious sky. Mason, on the other hand, went among them, laughing and telling them jokes with references that completely and utterly mystified them. The Heavy Caste, both Winged and Earthbound, especially liked him. Even the bitterly enslaved Fortugnat cracked a smile when he passed them by - if nothing else, he distracted their captors.

Work began immediately on a Mageec Schul - and on developing this ‘Booch’ or ‘Hooze’ stuff that Mason clamored for continually. After many weeks of work and experimentation, Moocoup managed to produce something meeting his divine palate. After some sampling of their own, the Laitache confirmed for themselves that Hoozebooch was indeed ‘wonderfill’!

In many ways, Hoozebooch was the first lesson of Mageec Schul - Moocoup had a very wide variety of uses, and the Laitache had chiefly been using it for warfare and construction. Food with a wide variety of properties clearly feel within the purview of Moocoup - so what else could they make? With a healthy helping of Hoozebooch in hand, they set out to find out!

-O-
One of the Laitache, a Heavy Caste deep in several rounds of the Drink, fell onto his back and spoke to the sky, sure that Mason would hear him.
”Mason, hello. I look down at the land below sometimes, and I wonder about it. I, um, I think… well, here I go: How should we treat the land? I know we’re floating up here, but… maybe we won’t be forever? I dunno.”

(The Laitache have gained a Mageec Schul, an institute dedicated to the improvement of Moocoup and students of Milk Magic. The Schul’s first creation is Hoozebooch, effectively a weak alcoholic drink. With further study, they can improve its properties and discover further effects. Many Laitache are very fond of Hoozebooch, but especially Heavy Caste - Light Caste enjoy it, but get sick after drinking too much.

Their Population is 14 - 5 Heavy (2 Winged, 3 Earthbound), 9 Light (5 Winged, 4 Earthbound). Population is an abstract representation of their abundance, relative to other races. Their Capital is Czarmark-ParaDice.)

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

She struggled, but the wisps gathered around, lending their strength to hers. Fortuna thanked them silently, knowing they were fickle creatures, and walked among her new people, the Fortugnat. Their two heroes, Roulette and Keno, had come over the great bridge as well, but they held onto their godly artifact jealously. One day Roulette approached Fortuna, her heart distrusting the new goddess - and who could blame her?

”Goddess, we must ask. Our home for so long was Down Below, and being this exposed is frightening. What of the dark places? Should we dig further down in our Great Cave, and entrench ourselves? Or may we trust you to protect us?

Fortuna thought about this for a time. She produced playing cards made of shinestock, thin and flexible, and began to shuffle them as she pondered Roulette's question. Just when the Fortugnat hero was sure Fortuna had forgotten the question, she answered. "I will protect you as best I can. But I am not all powerful, nor am I forever. You should dig, and entrench into the dark places you find comforting, but do not give up on the Surface dear Roulette. There are great things here in Somewhere, if one has the courage to look."

As the Fortugnat took her advice, building in and fortifying their Cave, Fortuna spent her time showing them little games of chance to lighten the mood, creating six-sided dice from the plentiful dicestone, and showing other games one could play with the cards, like Poker and Blackjack. Gambling was fun, and she felt the potential within the Fortugnat for a new sort of magic, one unlocked by rolling the dice. Some of the Fortugnat were beginning to be able to read the Dice when they rolled them, predicting whether they would have good luck or bad. They quickly learned to avoid the actions that would end badly, if the Dice showed a low number.

After a time Fortuna came to Keno and Roulette as they were digging inside the Great Cave. "I know you have a powerful artifact, a remnant of a different god, the god of the Laitache." Several Fortugnat hissed at the sound of their great enemies, the enslavers who killed whoever they did not steal away. "I know it will help you do one great act," Fortuna continued, the darkness of the deep cave not bothering her. The two Heroes were listening, which was all she could ask at this point. Their trust of her was new, and could easily be broken.

"Take the artifact, this great golden hand of the Czar," she could not shout his name, not in the depths of this dark cathedral, not when he had been responsible for so much hurt, "travel to the floating island of the Laitache. Use it to give the island even more height, send it higher into the skies."

The two heroes looked at each other, and then at the blindfolded goddess. What would this accomplish? Perhaps the gods really were all insane. Fortuna continued, "Send them to the heights they desire. They are full of pride, but pride always goes before a fall....and there is a great Fall coming for them because they followed the god of Hubris. Please, trust me on this." She reached out to Roulette and Keno, touching their foreheads to imbue them with her power to help them accomplish this great deed.

Send Keno and Roulette on a godly quest: 1d20 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
+1 to Fortuna

Wisp Count: 8
Wisps Remaining: +, -

• Locked thread