Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Ali Wong's new Netflix special, "Baby Cobra," was hilarious. My wife and I saw her open for John Mulaney last year, and she killed then and was even funnier after fine-tuning that set and adding some new material for the special. Not that all female comics are the same, but we laughed more than we did from the most recent Amy Schumer, Tig Notaro, Nikki Glaser, and Rachel Feinstein specials... and probably also more than we did from Louis C.K.'s latest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Have tickets to see Norm McDonald next weekend. I love his style of comedy but have never actually seen him do a stand up. I hope it's good.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Have tickets to see Norm McDonald next weekend. I love his style of comedy but have never actually seen him do a stand up. I hope it's good.

If he's anything like he was in AC last year, he's really great, but also has a "don't give a poo poo if this is funny" attitude. He also ended up on just a few (ostensibly) unintended story tangents, and may possibly have been a bit drunk. It was a really great time if you love Norm.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Yeah we saw Norm last year in Michigan and he got DRUNK. The show was good, but he began rambling like crazy and ended up going for like three hours before finally saying good night and stumbling off stage.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Medullah posted:

Yeah we saw Norm last year in Michigan and he got DRUNK. The show was good, but he began rambling like crazy and ended up going for like three hours before finally saying good night and stumbling off stage.

that sounds amazing

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Wasn't Norm the guy who said he never drinks? What's the deal with that.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Crankit posted:

Yeah what's up with that

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Crankit posted:

He's an addict, they tend to lie a lot.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If norm never drinks how come 90% of stories about him, or that he tells, that arent on a set are at a bar

Also do we believe Norm gambled away millions without having a drink

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Well, this is my favorite piece of comedy that I've seen lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOnfTshpP0

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Oh hey, it's Zero Fucks Boyd.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

XIII posted:

Well, this is my favorite piece of comedy that I've seen lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOnfTshpP0

I usually love avant-garde comics like Brent Weinbach and Kate Berlant but this one didn't hit for me. Is he really like this in person or is it just an act because it seems waaaaaaaay too much of the latter? Brent and Kate are just as weird (I mean that as a compliment) off stage as they are on it.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I usually love avant-garde comics like Brent Weinbach and Kate Berlant but this one didn't hit for me. Is he really like this in person or is it just an act because it seems waaaaaaaay too much of the latter? Brent and Kate are just as weird (I mean that as a compliment) off stage as they are on it.

It's a character and I wouldn't say he's going to any great length to hide the fact.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Boy I was not sold initially but by the end I was laughing like an idiot.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Weird comic is weird.

Still laughed.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

XIII posted:

It's a character and I wouldn't say he's going to any great length to hide the fact.

Well that's disappointing.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Michael Ian Black has a new special on Epix (does anyone else even get Epix?) that had us rolling. I've always been a huge fan of the State/Stella alumni, but I hadn't seen him do stand-up before, and he killed it.

Last night my wife and I watched that, followed by Bob Saget's one special on Netflix, and even though she was convinced she would hate both, she pleasantly surprised both of us by laughing almost nonstop through them. I saw Saget live a few years ago, and even though his material can even be too crass for me sometimes, I love his rapid-fire, stream-of-consciousness delivery. I get the impression he's a really smart guy.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I'm about 150 pages into Stanhope's book and good god what a life this dude has lived.

Absolutely recommend.

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

stanhope was on kelly carlin's sirius xm show last night, its gotta be so niche nobody will put it on youtube right? what about a sirius trial any codes or coupons for a replay?

The Kelly Carlin Show features in-depth conversation with iconic comedians the first Sunday of the month on Sirius XM's Raw Dog (ch.99) at 7pm ET.

Listen to the uncut, extended interviews on Carlin’s Corner (ch.400) the following Monday 8 pm ET, Saturday 12 pm ET, and Sunday 2pm & 9pm ET

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ali Wong's special on netflix is a delight. Its the only special Ive seen that you could legitimately put a spoiler warning on.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Todd Glass is the funniest man on earth when the audience isn't responding as much as he'd like.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Why has Todd forsaken New York? I admittedly haven't been Eagle-eyed about it, but I don't think I've ever seen him have a New York date the 5 years I've lived here. Closest is DC and Philly :(

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

feedmyleg posted:

Why has Todd forsaken New York? I admittedly haven't been Eagle-eyed about it, but I don't think I've ever seen him have a New York date the 5 years I've lived here. Closest is DC and Philly :(

I think it's just that he has family in Philly. I catch him in DC fairly often (omg TGS coming to the Kennedy Center...!) and his niece is usually here.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I'd imagine for the same reason God has forsaken New York: too expensive.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Holy poo poo Chris D'Elia's special on Netflix right now is awful.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Holy poo poo Chris D'Elia's special on Netflix right now is awful.

Would you say that you literally can even or that you literally can not even

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

How much of the special is him complaining about PC culture.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I think he spends 75% of the time either doing a lovely Cuban impression or an awful Russian impression.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
His popularity is confusing and stunning.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

soggybagel posted:

Nepotism

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The special opens with a 30+ second standing ovation. It's so loving confusing.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Holy poo poo Chris D'Elia's is awful.

Agreed. Gary Gulman has a special on Netflix at the moment, watch that instead.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Agreed. Gary Gulman has a special on Netflix at the moment, watch that instead.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

soggybagel posted:

I liked his character of the cool pedophile on workaholics but I've never seen his stand up.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Stand up comedy for the Entorage set.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The_Rob posted:

I liked his character of the cool pedophile on workaholics but I've never seen his stand up.

Yea I've liked him on TV where I thought it was just a bit that he was playing a total tool in every role but nope I guess he's just a huge wad

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Gulman is skinny as hell since I last saw his face on Tourgasm. Holy poo poo.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I've liked him on TV where I thought it was just a bit that he was playing a total tool in every role but nope I guess he's just a huge wad

Watch some clips on Youtube of him at comedy clubs. I swear, half of the time is literally him laughing at his own jokes. That's more annoying than the base lovely material.

And he's decent on Ten Minute Podcast where he just gets to sit around and be an rear end in a top hat.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cael posted:

Watch some clips on Youtube of him at comedy clubs. I swear, half of the time is literally him laughing at his own jokes. That's more annoying than the base lovely material.

And he's decent on Ten Minute Podcast where he just gets to sit around and be an rear end in a top hat.

I listened to that podcast a little bit but there was this one guy on it who genuinely seemed to be an annoying rear end in a top hat who was taking it way too seriously. Now I get the big picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

The_Rob posted:

I've always assumed that most people who gave him a chance found him through this. It's all downhill from there imo.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

IIRC he said some really dumb stuff when #notallwomen was trending a while back.