Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Vanderdeath posted:

I'm still pissed about it getting cancelled because while the second series wasn't as good as the first, the Fall and Rise of Wilson "Murder Maven" Wilson was great and I wanted to see what would become of him, Pietro and Jessica.

I'm OK with the cancellation because season 2 was basically a weak retread of season 1 expect for the one flashback episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've been watching That Mitchell & Webb Look and while I've been enjoying it I was wondering, is Numberwang supposed to a specific parody of a game show or just a general thing?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

It's just a general thing I think. Although that one show "The Million Second Quiz" from a year or two ago was about as comprehensible as Numberwang.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'd just like to keep posting that Longmire is really loving good. I just finished the 3rd episode of season 4, and there is a lot of good acting in this show. The cast is fuckin great.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Limitless' ratings? That's Numberwang!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Snak posted:

I'd just like to keep posting that Longmire is really loving good. I just finished the 3rd episode of season 4, and there is a lot of good acting in this show. The cast is fuckin great.

Always glad to see someone else who appreciates Longmire :)

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

there's no way this isn't going to be a trainwreck

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Can't be worse than APB.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Americans is renewed for two more seasons. Fuk yeah FX!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Mu Zeta posted:

The Americans is renewed for two more seasons. Fuk yeah FX!

Good Guy FX

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Josh Lyman posted:

The UK original is good enough.

Pretty mad about that ending too. It should either have ended in s1 or gotten a third season to finish the plot. As it is s2 is just this weird appendage that doesn't quite work.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Hey Penny Dreadful was a bit to slow/dry for me the first time I tried it. Is it worth giving another shot? Also, I'm not averse to slow/dry shows by any means, I loved Carnivale.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

-Blackadder- posted:

Hey Penny Dreadful was a bit to slow/dry for me the first time I tried it. Is it worth giving another shot? Also, I'm not averse to slow/dry shows by any means, I loved Carnivale.

The most recent episode (a locked room episode with only 3 characters) was the most boring episode of TV I've seen all season, so probably not.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Limitless is officially dead. I hope CBS goes out of business and it's headquarters gets condemned by the health department.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

If you didn't want it canceled, you should have been more people.

Best post in thread. Thread title worthy.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I have season 1 of limitless on my DVR but haven't watched it. Just dump it then or is it worth getting all firefly angry about.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Croatoan posted:

I have season 1 of limitless on my DVR but haven't watched it. Just dump it then or is it worth getting all firefly angry about.

Why would you not watch a show, just because it's come to an end? Nothing is permanent.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Croatoan posted:

Watch the pilot, skip straight to ep 9 to avoid the procedural garbage that probably killed the show and enjoy a really fun and great experience. But first, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zqTRHehBLw

I haven't watched Firefly but I think the answer is yes.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xoidanor posted:

Watch the pilot, skip straight to ep 9 to avoid the procedural garbage that probably killed the show

No, what killed it was being too smart and moving too fast for the CBS audience to keep up

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
There was no huge cliff-hanger, so you can enjoy it as a fairly self-contained story. I ended up enjoying the show, although I had to skip to the Headquarters! episode (the aforementioned episode 9) before I really started getting into it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

less laughter posted:

No, what killed it was being too smart and moving too fast for the CBS audience to keep up

Dude, I dropped the show back when it started due to the episodes following the pilot being nothing like it. Lets not pretend that the initial episodes weren't some of the most generic procedural police poo poo this side of NCIS. The show becomes great because it eventually stopped being that just like the pilot promised.

drainpipe posted:

There was no huge cliff-hanger, so you can enjoy it as a fairly self-contained story. I ended up enjoying the show, although I had to skip to the Headquarters! episode (the aforementioned episode 9) before I really started getting into it.

See, this was the same for me.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
As someone noted on Twitter, LIMITLESS, THE GOOD WIFE and SUPERGIRL were all shows that brought in a different audience for CBS and now all of them are gone. Supposedly LIMITLESS had pretty good DVR numbers, but that's not enough these days.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They'll be all surprised and poo poo when the shows next season has even worse numbers.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

DrVenkman posted:

As someone noted on Twitter, LIMITLESS, THE GOOD WIFE and SUPERGIRL were all shows that brought in a different audience for CBS and now all of them are gone.

The audience for that second one they're gonna try and lure back with that Christine Baranski spinoff, though.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

DrVenkman posted:

As someone noted on Twitter, LIMITLESS, THE GOOD WIFE and SUPERGIRL were all shows that brought in a different audience for CBS and now all of them are gone. Supposedly LIMITLESS had pretty good DVR numbers, but that's not enough these days.

dvr numbers dont mean anything since nobyd with a dvr watches the commercials

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"

DrVenkman posted:

Add Person of Interest to that, which is also ending.

Then again, CBS is pretty much killing it for a network, and does pretty damned decently in the 18-49 demo frequently. It's not exactly unhealthy in any sense of the word.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Limitless ends well and not on a cliffhanger so it is a good watch.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Snak posted:

Out of curiosity, how much TV do you watch on a typical day? Feels like you've blown through 3-4 entire series in the time it takes me to watch a season of any other

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

-Blackadder- posted:

It's slow and moody so if you're not feeling that its probably not going to chase. Like if you watch as far as the seance and don't enjoy it quit because that's probably the show at its best.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Cart posted:

Out of curiosity, how much TV do you watch on a typical day? Feels like you've blown through 3-4 entire series in the time it takes me to watch a season of any other

Normally not this much. I am between jobs right now, and only one of my summer classes has started. I am essentially dog-sitting our dog all day while the landlord shows our place a dozen times a week.

So yeah, normally I wouldn't be just binging a half-dozen episodes per day. But I sure am now!

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
CBS doesn't want or need a different audience. Their brand is being the network of old people, conservatives, and people with bad taste (ie, Big Bang Theory viewers). So it makes sense they've purged the "different" shows, and will focus on doing what they do.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Spatula City posted:

So it makes sense they've purged the "different" shows, and will focus on doing what they do.

But they haven't announced two more NCIS spinoffs, one of which I am hoping is "NCIS Cyber - This time we're inside the computers"?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Which network was APB?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xoidanor posted:

Which network was APB?

Fox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsbVnrOkcr8

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

less laughter posted:

The audience for that second one they're gonna try and lure back with that Christine Baranski spinoff, though.

Actually they're going to use that as a way to sell their paid streaming service.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wandle Cax posted:

Actually they're going to use that as a way to sell their paid streaming service.
Lol if CBS thinks their viewers can operate streaming video on their TVs.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god. Watching Arrested Development for 5th time... I knew all about arm off, but somehow I had never noticed wee brain before.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MacheteZombie posted:

Best post in thread. Thread title worthy.

Agreed.

Also watch Limitless. All the way through. It's good and ends satisfactorily. You'll really want more, but you don't need more for closure.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Can someone go into a bit more detail on the whole "skip to episode 9" thing for Limitless? What changes so drastically? I might give it a shot if it claws it's way out procedural. hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Episode 9 is super fun and really when they gel on the cast dynamics and show tone.

IMO I would only skip to 6 if I skipped anything at all, but that one is rather serious and not lighthearted. It informs a lot of the overall metaplot and gives context to Brian's decisions as the season progresses.

7 is a Ferris Bueller homage and 8 involves Naz being awesome though so I like both those quite a bit too.

• Locked thread