Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I'm really thinking about offering someone in my league Ortiz for Rizzo. Rizzo is running less but he's walking more, stroking out less, and has a terrible BABIP (and an 868 OPS despite that). I think Ortiz is gonna be awesome all year but I expect him to finish below a 1 OPS, and I expect Rizzo to be better than him from now until the end of the year.

Am I dumb?

I think the person who takes Ortiz and gives Rizzo is dumb. Offer away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Julio Urias
LAD - SP
Adds Today: 42,543

And counting.

Anyone starting Joe Ross vs St Louis tonight?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Moneyball posted:

absolutely not.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Guy in my league cut James Shields to add Urias. Hopefully my waiver claim goes through.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Jurickson Profar, welcome back my love.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The Dodgers are being pretty adamant that Urias is staying with the ML team for the rest of the year, although not necessarily in the rotation. Maybe he'll at least be a decent K generator?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Jurickson Profar, welcome back my love.

This time he realizes his potential for sure!

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My LIGHT TOWER POWER team of Donaldson, Sano, Stanton, and Harper sure has poo poo the god drat bed

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Moneyball posted:

You bet your rear end I am.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Poque posted:

absolutely not.

I did and yayyy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Senf posted:

I did and yayyy

Yeah I think my fear of the Cards offense is overblown, also I don't think I take Joe Ross seriously and maybe he's becoming somebody that should only rarely sit

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Well, poo poo.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

IMB posted:

You bet your rear end I am.

Same bro. Be fearless about your pitching (my rotis league ERA is like a 5.06 no joke)

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
If you don't have an entire staff of guys you'd start in any park against any team, you should have drafted a better pitching staff.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only time I bench pitchers is when I'm up on ERA/WHIP against a punk rear end buster who drafted only closers in a feeble attempt to try to corner ERA/WHIP.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Monday_ posted:

If you don't have an entire staff of guys you'd start in any park against any team, you should have drafted a better pitching staff.

Roto with start limit and IP as a points category. Can afford to pick and choose

Also gently caress pitching etcetc

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
My pitching has been pretty drat good lately ... way better than I expected.

Roark has been a good pickup (almost dropped him)
Happ - picked him up right before his colossal loss a few starts back. Stuck with him though.

Ventura still on the bench (it's been about 1 month). Hoping he turns it around.

Also, I think I have a man crush on Joe Kelly. Tempted to pick him up.

Edit: Also, is yahoo going to add the catcher option to Gattis anytime soon?

Can of Cloud fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 27, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can of Cloud posted:

Edit: Also, is yahoo going to add the catcher option to Gattis anytime soon?

Five starts, iirc

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I really want Gattis so I can try to get something in return for dealing Posey. Just how worthwhile is my newly acquired Julio Arias? Way too much to offer straight up for Gattis?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
On Effectively Wild today Andy McCullough said Urias is going to be in the rotation until Ryu gets back and that's not that far away.

They also noted he has never thrown more than 6 innings or 80 pitches and it's doubtful they do that to him now. Get whatever you can.

Start with Gattis + a SP though

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Moneyball posted:

I really want Gattis so I can try to get something in return for dealing Posey. Just how worthwhile is my newly acquired Julio Arias? Way too much to offer straight up for Gattis?

redraft or keeper?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Redraft, roto. I'm far behind in steals, so I offered Posey, J. Garcia, and Urias for JD Martinez, Burns, and Gattis. Plenty of streaming options out there for me.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

IcePhoenix posted:

Five starts, iirc

yeah, he needs 3 more. hopefully over he'll get that over the next 2 weeks. I don't have any other catcher on my roster in the meantime.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Is Jose Reyes gonna get any serious playing time? What I'm hearing is he'd be riding the pine in Colorado and no other team wants him, even for free.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Monday_ posted:

Is Jose Reyes gonna get any serious playing time? What I'm hearing is he'd be riding the pine in Colorado and no other team wants him, even for free.

Since Story is still killing it I would say no. No other team will touch him because the Marlins gave him a heavily backended contract and he is now getting $22 million/year.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

jabro posted:

Since Story is still killing it I would say no. No other team will touch him because the Marlins gave him a heavily backended contract and he is now getting $22 million/year.

What I meant is that teams aren't willing to take him even if Colorado pays his salary.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Monday_ posted:

What I meant is that teams aren't willing to take him even if Colorado pays his salary.

Yeah I'm dumb and can't read.

The Dodger game is the free MLB.TV game tonight so everyone watch to see if they picked up the next Doc Gooden. Well pre-drugs Doc.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
If Buxton is available you might want to add him since he's been raking in AAA and the Twins only have 4 outfielders. He's still striking out a lot though.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Urias may not make it out of the first.

e: He looked better in the 2nd. Probably had some bad nerves. Can't imagine doing that at 19.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 28, 2016

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

goddamn my offense is underperforming this season. all i can do is hold on, i guess

montero
rizzo
owings
donaldson
seager
mccutchen
heyward
j upton
parra
v-mart
tomas
-
drury
d gordon
thompson
rajai
maybin

lost pollock

ugh

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Max Scherzer :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
My plan of using Urias' start as a springboard to get somebody to overpay for him seems...not good now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Rand alPaul posted:

Max Scherzer :negative:

he just has these standout innings where he completely loses command, then all falls back in place after like 25 pitches. it's so strange

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Benched Joe Ross last night, tonight I have Scherzer and Urias and a .000 AVG from my hitters so far. Why do I play fantasy baseball again?

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Would you guys trade Chris Davis and Marcus Semien for Xander Bogaerts if you were in desperate need of AVG? I can replace Davis with David Peralta when he comes off the DL.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Villar owns. Was anyone even talking about this guy preseason? Leads the league in steals now

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Maybe I have rose colored glasses on but I thought there were some positives in Urias' start tonight. Breaking pitches looked good, he just looked nervous and I can't imagine he'll keep having trouble locating his FB going forward. This obviously doesn't mean anything when it comes down to how they'll manage his pitch counts, but I saw a nervous kid tonight that is probably gonna come out like a grown rear end angry man if they give him another start in a week.

I could see him being a useful RP for anyone punting saves and looking for ratios. I'm interested to see how they're going to handle him now. I think if you're in a keeper and you've grabbed him and are in that type of situation, he's a hold for sure (pun intended) unless you're absolutely loaded in keepers at SP.

Obviously if you're in a re-draft trade him for whatever you can get because lol

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 28, 2016

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Real talk Urias is hideous looking and I should have taken that into account before picking him up

this is known as the Mesorasco Constant

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The Pussy Boss posted:

Villar owns. Was anyone even talking about this guy preseason? Leads the league in steals now

Tristan Cockcroft from ESPN predicted he would steal >40 bases in his bold predictions 2016 article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Doltos posted:

Real talk Urias is hideous looking and I should have taken that into account before picking him up

this is known as the Mesorasco Constant

It's Edward G. Robinson efficient since Bugs Bunny's been a thing

• Locked thread