Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
u get to slide on a pole every day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Uhhhh who doesn't

You're either the pole or the slider, WHICH ARE YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Firefighter info incoming:

Yes we have a gym in every firehouse, and they are actually really really legit. We got a bunch of government grants for awesome equipment, we even have dumb bells up to 110lbs. We have a squat rack and everything.

To the guy who said lift before I run, no. If I lift I'll get too tired and will stop running too soon. Also I don't care what I get sweaty because I clean it after use. And there's only 3 guys at each firehouse anyways.

Low pay: depends where you work. I happen to work at one of, if not the, highest paid Union departments in Michigan. It's awesome and I make enough to support my family and enjoy life.

Too tired for fires: nah. It's a different kind of exercise that I really can't explain. The only time it sucks is when we get a fire on squat day, that sucks, so I usually do squats on my off day.

I feel like I owe it to the people of the city I work for to be in the best shape I possibly can be. Their taxes pay my salary, so I owe it to them to be in good enough shape to save their lives of need be.

I'm a firefighter medic ama about my firehouse gym.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If you weren't gay, how much tang would you say you could slay per week?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Lemming posted:

Don't listen to this guy, I like when the head rest portion of the bench is all foamy from the last person

Absorb it to gain their power.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Yes we have a gym in every firehouse, and they are actually really really legit. We got a bunch of government grants for awesome equipment, we even have dumb bells up to 110lbs. We have a squat rack and everything.

To the guy who said lift before I run, no. If I lift I'll get too tired and will stop running too soon. Also I don't care what I get sweaty because I clean it after use. And there's only 3 guys at each firehouse anyways.

Low pay: depends where you work. I happen to work at one of, if not the, highest paid Union departments in Michigan. It's awesome and I make enough to support my family and enjoy life.

Too tired for fires: nah. It's a different kind of exercise that I really can't explain. The only time it sucks is when we get a fire on squat day, that sucks, so I usually do squats on my off day.

I feel like I owe it to the people of the city I work for to be in the best shape I possibly can be. Their taxes pay my salary, so I owe it to them to be in good enough shape to save their lives of need be.

God speed sir

notZaar posted:

Theoretically, of course

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
How often do you lie on the ground with the pole between your legs and pretend you have a building sized weird skinny penis

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

hows youre chili game and how much salami is in the fridge usually?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

notZaar posted:

Probably a lot since women love firefighters

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Chinatown posted:

hows youre chili game and how much salami is in the fridge usually?

Chili isn't that popular with our department and I have no clue how to even make it. It's like a once every 4-5 month thing. No salami in the fridge. Lots of cottage cheese and Greek yogurt tho all because of me. I don't think my crew likes when I cook because it's always some form of chicken lmao

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i guess no one lifts in your dept then!!!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Chinatown posted:

i guess no one lifts in your dept then!!!

How can they put out fires and be swole without chicken??? Are they Vegans with PEA PROTEIN?????

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Lemming posted:

How often do you lie on the ground with the pole between your legs and pretend you have a building sized weird skinny penis

No lie, I'd do this at least once a day if I was a fireman.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gonna sync my jerks with my carb loads for maxx gainz

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

i guess if u wanna bang(chicks or dudes..) more than once a week u gotta do roids

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

No lie, I'd do this at least once a day if I was a fireman.

Most stations don't even have poles any more because they were leading to ankle injuries. We only have one station that is two floors high and it has a fast as gently caress twisty slide.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Most stations don't even have poles any more because they were leading to ankle injuries. We only have one station that is two floors high and it has a fast as gently caress twisty slide.

Did deadlifts ever prepare you to rescue an obese person out of a burning house?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Helios Grime posted:

Did deadlifts ever prepare you to rescue an obese person out of a burning house?

Super obese people call 911 to get help off of the toilet. This is not a joke. So deadlifts help me with that. Super obese people, while not just disgusting, are also horrible people that are rude as hell.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Spend a day in Istanbul. You won't need a sauna.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

A slide? Man, being a fireman sounds like it owns. Do the guys at that station take the slide just for the hell of it or is it for emergencies only?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

A slide? Man, being a fireman sounds like it owns. Do the guys at that station take the slide just for the hell of it or is it for emergencies only?

The slide is the only way up and down.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

Most people don't take the slide. It's seriously super fast and makes you dizzy as gently caress. One day a probie decided to clean it and made it ridiculously slippery and I went flying off of the end of it in the middle of the night.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
so ive started to deadlift a bit and my tailbone hurts? is my form all hosed up or what.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
You're probably just growing a tail. Keep it up

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Stop banging your butt into the wall.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
You'll get DOMS in your back muscles that can feel like a tail bone bruise. Does it feel like soreness or did you actually hurt your tailbone?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SpeedyCow posted:

You'll get DOMS in your back muscles that can feel like a tail bone bruise. Does it feel like soreness or did you actually hurt your tailbone?

I didn't fall on my rear end or anything. Just normal gym with deadlifting added. It's just sore probably. I'll adjust my salami intake accordingly.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cancer probably, the deadlift merely revealed it

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Visit your doctor to be fitted with a reebok crossfit box friendly coloscomy bag and proceed

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The other day a coworker was wearing shoes that said CROSSFIT really large on the side. I asked him how crossfit shoes are any different than normal gym shoes. He said they aren't, reebok just owns crossfit. Lmao what how can anyone own a style of exercise? I need to find a way to own running or something so everyone had to pay me royalties when they run or buy running shoes.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

The other day a coworker was wearing shoes that said CROSSFIT really large on the side. I asked him how crossfit shoes are any different than normal gym shoes. He said they aren't, reebok just owns crossfit. Lmao what how can anyone own a style of exercise? I need to find a way to own running or something so everyone had to pay me royalties when they run or buy running shoes.

Branding :sparkles:

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I actually kinda like those shoes but I'm not wearing some dumbass shoes that say crossfit on them.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Didn't you know that Crossfit is like a big club with dues and poo poo? It's international.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It annoys me that my non-crossfit fashion Reebok pump sneaks now come in crossfit branded delivery boxes. I make sure they get delivered when I'm not in so I don't have to look the delivery guy in the eye.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more like crosspoo poo!!!! :grin:

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Chinatown posted:

Awww poo poo, crushed

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Chinatown posted:

abgushte badamjan
Apr 4, 2009

for butts??????
Coccyx is held together by ligaments and can become strained from lifting with bad form and/or mobility. Rest until it doesn't hurt to lift then work on form and mobility.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

More like cock sick. Am I right guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

abgushte badamjan posted:

Coccyx is held together by ligaments and can become strained from lifting with bad form and/or mobility. Rest until it doesn't hurt to lift then work on form and mobility.

i lifted yesterday with no problem. No squatting/deadlifting and I felt fine. Just when I poo poo for prolonged periods such as work/vidyagaming.

• Locked thread