Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Persona 5 will be excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
Based on previous years what are the chances that Atlus USA will announce the English release date for Persona 5 at E3? (And EO5 while we are at it)

I don't remember much about past Atlus E3 presence aside from the year they were inviting awkward nerds to dance at their booth as promotion for Dancing All Night.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

100%

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's a rumor passing around that Sony is publishing P5 in the west and that it's gonna get a worldwide release, but there's no real reputable source for it, which probably damns it more than anything else.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Item Getter posted:

Based on previous years what are the chances that Atlus USA will announce the English release date for Persona 5 at E3? (And EO5 while we are at it)

I don't remember much about past Atlus E3 presence aside from the year they were inviting awkward nerds to dance at their booth as promotion for Dancing All Night.

I dunno about a release date. An English trailer seems possible, but it's still uncertain. I'd hope (and it seems pretty likely) that P5 in least shows up at Sony's presentation and isn't just relegated to a booth on the show floor.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MarsDragon posted:

The reset world of IS is the EP world, which is why Nyarlathotep's plan is to make all the IS kids remember, as that will completely break their deal with Philemon and reunite the worlds. So yeah, I think IS Tatsuya goes back to a city infested with demons and hovering over the dead world. Have fun! On the other hand, EP ends fairly happily, with the world never getting completely destroyed, Sumaru back on the ground and everyone getting on with their lives.

You know, if you ignore how Maya can't have any contact with the Suou brothers ever again and IS Tatsuya just got completely hosed over.

I thought the original idea of the deal with the reset was that it pretty much actually undid the meeting of the kids and Maya so that all that never happened and she didn't have to die. Tastuya hosed that all up by not forgetting creating the paradox and two worlds. Having the EP get created means that IS Maya is still dead so that seems like loving over the deal. I kinda hope that the IS world kinda vanishes into EP sorta but they left the ending unclear. It would suck for everyone else in IS land that really pays for Tatsuya being selfish. Philimon is also kind of a jerk. Either way, it's a bummer!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I definitely got the feeling from the end of P2:EP that they were two distinct worlds, in that the first Tatsuya "went back" at the end effectively surrending the body back to EP's Tatsuya. So yeah, two worlds, two Mayas, etc.

P2's plot is so loving good, I really do think it's the best thing Atlus has penned and it's a big reason why I'm more than willing to look past the more outdated gameplay. Like people say Persona 3 is dark but it's a walk in the loving park compared to P2.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Eikichi getting the poo poo kicked out of him in the school festival and grinning with blood all over his face as he just keeps taking punches to help his girlfriend is one of the best loving cutscenes in anything ever.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Of the two games I actually think I like Innocent Sin more too, because while there are obviously world-shattering events the core of the conflict is deeply personal to the cast themselves. You've got eldritch gods loving around with people and Nazis and poo poo, but it all ultimately boils down to a bunch of kids dealing with a terrible and tragic event from their pasts that they never got over.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Eternal Punishment is interesting in that both narratively and gameplay-wise, it's Innocent Sin: Hardmode. It's also the most mean-spirited thing in the Persona franchise.

The downside to P2 is that the wacky "peek at people in the baths" scene was regulated to the drama CDs.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 3, 2016

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I realized that all these 'world hangs in the balance' plots is why I enjoyed Catherine. There's no great evil, no Phillipmom, just an idiot dude caught between his lovely lifestyle and his girlfriend trying to man him up. Also a succubus. I wanna see more personal plots in the SMTverse.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
This is it, the place I've been looking for. A corner of the internet with reasonably fast and not completely terrible discussion of MegaTen and Persona. E: relatively speaking, of course.

I'm starting on a cosplay for Supanova Brisbane in November, doing the P5 protagonist. Struggling to find suitable tartan for the pants, let alone a ready made pair

ScottyWired fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 3, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ScottyWired posted:

This is it, the place I've been looking for. A corner of the internet with reasonably fast and not completely terrible discussion of MegaTen and Persona.

i'm so sorry

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

compared to like gamefaqs or 4chan this thread seems pretty appealing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

compared to like gamefaqs or 4chan this thread seems pretty appealing

How bad could persona discussion possibly be

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yukiko is extremely cute, though

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

Junpei Hyde posted:

"duh pretty fucken bad because you wouldn't be discussing a REAL megaten game"

Poe's Law really kicks in because I can no longer tell if people are serious when they say it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Junpei Hyde posted:

You know the ironic-unironic-ironic waifu arguments?

It's that without the irony and with a lot more racial slurs.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

You know the ironic-unironic-ironic waifu arguments?

It's that without the irony and with a lot more racial slurs.

Unironic waifu discussion is good.

Racial slurs are bad tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Condolences on your Skype

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Add me to ur skype endorph

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I don't think I can judge seeing as 90% of my posts are about homosexuality.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Condolences on your Skype

it was a swedish guy sending me dead or alive yaoi fanart

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

Add me to ur skype endorph

how much dead or alive yaoi will you send me

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

it was a swedish guy sending me dead or alive yaoi fanart

link

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

how much dead or alive yaoi will you send me

A lot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

< me, pointing to you in approval

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Needs more Ryu.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There are dudes in Dead or Alive other than Ryu?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Accordion Man posted:

Needs more Ryu.
im gonna blow your mind, the dude with the ponytail is ryu

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I think there was at one point actually more dudes than girls, dunno if that's still true.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Waffleman_ posted:

Zack's cool, a Muay Thai fighter that cosplays as Shadowman is cool with me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Zack has a cool island

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Nate RFB posted:

I definitely got the feeling from the end of P2:EP that they were two distinct worlds, in that the first Tatsuya "went back" at the end effectively surrending the body back to EP's Tatsuya. So yeah, two worlds, two Mayas, etc.

P2's plot is so loving good, I really do think it's the best thing Atlus has penned and it's a big reason why I'm more than willing to look past the more outdated gameplay. Like people say Persona 3 is dark but it's a walk in the loving park compared to P2.

That's how I understood it as well. It's not fair, but when you're dealing with the manifestations of everyone's unconsciousness 'fair' kind of goes out the window.

Gods are dicks, man.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Honkers should be in P5

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Bogart posted:

I realized that all these 'world hangs in the balance' plots is why I enjoyed Catherine. There's no great evil, no Phillipmom, just an idiot dude caught between his lovely lifestyle and his girlfriend trying to man him up. Also a succubus. I wanna see more personal plots in the SMTverse.

never finished the game huh

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

never finished the game huh

I finished Catherine and didn't remember that there was a world-ending component to it until you reminded me just now. I cared way more about making sure i was giving good advice to all my buddies in the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Probably one of my favorite memories of Catherine now is seeing a play through of it by Slowbeef's wife, and her theory of the premise is that the humans are actually sheep in a zoo, dreaming of how it feels to be human. And I swear it's goofy enough where it could've been canon. :allears: