Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which game are you excited for this month?
Yes
No
Only two times a day
View Results

• Locked thread
Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Real hurthling! posted:

Bloodborne
Until dawn
Ratchet and clank
Edf 4.1
Dragon quest heroes

Ratchet and Clank is still getting games?

(the selection on PS4 is already probably better than the one on the bone so it's already worth it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i voted "yes," in the poll

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So tomarrow i am going to a nerd convention for the first time ever. my gf invited me and apparently she is cosplaying. i am not. anyway what should i expect at these places. i have heard they smell awful.

Expect people to oggle over your girlfriend depending on what she dressed up like I guess.

CJacobs posted:

I think the best part about TTT was sticking around with the same group for a couple matches because people who are good at the game make use of all the game's tricks when they end up as the traitor, it keeps things fresh. I was once chasing a guy who I saw with the traitor knife out and he went around a corner. I knew he was waiting right there because I'm not that dumb, but I had forgotten that you can also throw the knife with right click. Just as I started to back off he tossed it, rebounded it off the wall, and hit me square in the head. :allears:

That sounds more like GMod Murder than TTT.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pollyanna posted:

Ratchet and Clank is still getting games?

(the selection on PS4 is already probably better than the one on the bone so it's already worth it)
guess you missed the hubbub about the R&C reboot, unlike the movie it's pretty :krad:

anyway there's plenty of whatever you like on PS4, even the dreaded JRPG genre has a few selections now. Maybe ask for a more specific category if you want suggestions?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CJacobs posted:

I think the best part about TTT was sticking around with the same group for a couple matches because people who are good at the game make use of all the game's tricks when they end up as the traitor, it keeps things fresh. I was once chasing a guy who I saw with the traitor knife out and he went around a corner. I knew he was waiting right there because I'm not that dumb, but I had forgotten that you can also throw the knife with right click. Just as I started to back off he tossed it, rebounded it off the wall, and hit me square in the head. :allears:

Its incredibly hard to pull off but there is nothing more satisfying than managing to somehow headshot someone while everyone is crowded together and somehow getting away with it as everything erupts into violence like the light house scene from Battle Royale.

Also just being a mad bomber with C4 is awesome.

Unfunny Poster posted:

That sounds more like GMod Murder than TTT.

TTT has a knife and it behaves as describe there.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wamdoodle posted:

It was The Hidden. :goonsay: only because I played the poo poo out of it. Being the Hidden was such a drat rush whenever you were able to take out the other team even though they tried to watch each other's backs.

Edit: It seems there was a "The Hunted" mod for HL2. But it's 2 equal teams instead of asymmetrical vs.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thehunted

Yeah I mixed the two up. Hidden was indeed the one I was thinking of. The Hunted is also something I played, which is a really cool game mode and has kinda that same "you are a normal person and have to hide away from the bad guys" thing too though, which was lots of fun, especially since the bad guys appeared to be good guys until they transformed, so there was that whole secret assassin thing.

There's also the_hunted TFC map / gamemode :v: Too many videogames.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Expect people to oggle over your girlfriend depending on what she dressed up like I guess.

she is going as dany. so yeah.

CJacobs posted:

i need to start playing Gmod modes again. i remember having a blast on some of the dark RP severs. but holy poo poo some of those dudes take RP seriously.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So tomarrow i am going to a nerd convention for the first time ever. my gf invited me and apparently she is cosplaying. i am not. anyway what should i expect at these places. i have heard they smell awful.
expect: a merch room of some sort with either a big crowd or huge line or nothing you want, a bunch of random rear end "panels" on the schedule that can be anything from interviewing celebrities to some ordinary schlub just showing a bunch of videos, and a rave at night where many will suffer from injury, dehydration and possibly throw in some drugs depending on how carefully they look. Also possibly one or more bored people signing poo poo

if any of those things sound good to you then good luck!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i need to start playing Gmod modes again. i remember having a blast on some of the dark RP severs. but holy poo poo some of those dudes take RP seriously.

I legitimately have a lot of fun on the purge rp servers. Its based off of the movie, the purge. Except you know, there are a bunch of people running around as animes, sharks, or gordon freemans and you are hiding in some dark corner hoping the furry with the AK doesn't find you.

Like its just inherently funny.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

CrashCat posted:

expect: a merch room of some sort with either a big crowd or huge line or nothing you want, a bunch of random rear end "panels" on the schedule that can be anything from interviewing celebrities to some ordinary schlub just showing a bunch of videos, and a rave at night where many will suffer from injury, dehydration and possibly throw in some drugs depending on how carefully they look. Also possibly one or more bored people signing poo poo

if any of those things sound good to you then good luck!

Ill probaly buy some plastic crap and try to get some z-list autographs.

PBS Newshour posted:

I legitimately have a lot of fun on the purge rp servers. Its based off of the movie, the purge. Except you know, there are a bunch of people running around as animes, sharks, or gordon freemans and you are hiding in some dark corner hoping the furry with the AK doesn't find you.

gently caress i need to play that now.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

PBS Newshour posted:

Sounds like what would actually happen if the purge was a real thing.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You're going to be bored out of your mind, most likely. There really isn't all that much to actually do aside from buy crap, take pictures of cosplayers, and attend panels so if you're not super into those you're SOL.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Disclaimer: my convention experience is limited to SDCC and some of the other big cons, it's probably different at a smaller show.

Wear comfortable shoes, bring a backpack and stick some water bottles in it. Your GF is going to get stopped for photos a lot if she's cosplaying.

If you bring a 3DS you will get LOADED with streetpass tags that you'll likely fill up the 10 slots for streetpass tags in a few minutes, so if you really want to get a shitload of Puzzle Swap pieces or make some headway in Find Mii, cons are good for that.

The dealer room will have a decent variety of stuff, usually about the same price that you can find online but without shipping/sales tax. If you wait till Saturday or Sunday, you can sometimes find better deals as dealers don't want to ship all this crap back home with them. Unfortunately, the last day is also when everybody ELSE decides to go to the dealer room to get a good deal so it can be a mite crowded.

Don't eat inside the convention center because the food there is overpriced, there's usually food trucks outside with a decent variety at the cons I've been to, and convention centers usually have restaurants around them. With that said, look on yelp for bars around you to numb yourself to the fact that you're surrounded by a bunch of 19 year olds.

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 3, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's 2016 and my fiancee just fuckin rickrolled me accidentally

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You'll be fine, just relax and walk around and go people watching, imo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

It's 2016 and my fiancee just fuckin rickrolled me accidentally

You'll be fine, just relax and walk around and go people watching, imo.

She's a keeper :3:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If the website Not Always Right taught me anything, be prepared to defend friendly-but-timid nerds from mean, sexist barbarians who don't understand anime

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am going to an anime con in a few weeks and it is really really small and it's gonna be 1 day and there's gonna be this guy there who claims to be a funny anime comedian, but I watched some of his videos on youtube and he is not funny, not anime, and not comedian at all

he's like the anime version of jeff dunham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L72Tf6AuWyc

They aren't in that video but he has some really ugly lookin puppets that he tries to do comedy routines with

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Darth Lamer posted:

It's high June

hi june. don't make it bad. take a sad song

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Instant Sunrise posted:

Don't eat inside the convention center because the food there is overpriced, there's usually food trucks outside with a decent variety at the cons I've been to, and convention centers usually have restaurants around them. With that said, look on yelp for bars around you to numb yourself to the fact that you're surrounded by a bunch of 19 year olds.
Forgot about the 3DSes, I have to remember to bring mine to one of the cons around the corner some day. And don't eat inside the convention center not only to save money but to not get sick. If you don't treat every surface like Patient Zero you're asking for a bad time either at the convention or over the next week.

Also take a risk on a dumb sounding panel that nobody wants to go to, sometimes they're funny and you can usually sneak out anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

oddium posted:

hi june. don't make it bad. take a sad song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rcmeMxxGYw

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hey what's up. Susser Todd here

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Zaphod42 posted:

I've been waiting all my life for a director to make a fully first-person film (enter the void came close) so I can't fault Hardcore Henry for trying what it did, and parts of it were really incredible. The stunt work was fantastic, and people really looked like they were getting beat up and stabbed and shot.

However unfortunately the technical side of it just wasn't up to par, which made the whole thing way less enjoyable than I was hoping. Not only did the camera shake way too much when they should have tried to keep it more stable (even possibly should have used post-production image stabilization!) but the biggest problem was the focus, there's just no easy way to handle the focus in that kind of situation, so its constantly going in and out of being blurry and that kinda ruined the whole thing. :smith:

Still glad they tried though, and looking forward to camera technology improving so somebody else can give it another shot. Maybe not as an action movie but as a drama or something.

Did you forget Lady in the Lake

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

CrashCat posted:

don't buy a PS4 for Overwatch, unless you really enjoy the input handicap

NO :mad: I want a PS4 for many things anyway.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey, if you could have a sequel to a currently dead franchise, what franchise would you pick?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bully 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I guess that's not really a franchise

Metroid if that doesn't count

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Hey, if you could have a sequel to a currently dead franchise, what franchise would you pick?

vanquish

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

FirstAidKite posted:

I am going to an anime con in a few weeks and it is really really small and it's gonna be 1 day and there's gonna be this guy there who claims to be a funny anime comedian, but I watched some of his videos on youtube and he is not funny, not anime, and not comedian at all

They aren't in that video but he has some really ugly lookin puppets that he tries to do comedy routines with

you know a guy is good when he does videos with doug walker

Jay Rust posted:

Assault Suits series, I know there is a remake of one of the games being done.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jay Rust posted:

Mystical Ninja Goemon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PBS Newshour posted:

Assault Suits series, I know there is a remake of one of the games being done.

its already out you can get it on ps4 with a japanese account

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Jay Rust posted:

Mechwarrior

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Silent Hill

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

paper mario

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

FirstAidKite posted:

This guy is about as funny as an internal hemorrhoid

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
https://youtu.be/AWlgBR7NHEk

This guy is awful

What if anime nerds were being hunted and had to hide like Anne Frank :haw:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Contradiction :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

corn in the bible posted:

Did you forget Lady in the Lake

You should read the rest of the thread ;)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the only sorta funny nerdy comdian who goes to con was some fat dude who looks like peter griffin and can do the voice. so he kinda just wanders around doing that. i dont really even like family guy but its better then anything else i have seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxG2cTNWkQ

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Broseph Brostar posted:

https://youtu.be/AWlgBR7NHEk

This guy is awful

What if anime nerds were being hunted and had to hide like Anne Frank :haw:

Sounds like a paradise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jay Rust posted:

Freespace, and anyone who says something else is dead and retarded.

• Locked thread