Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think Gary is probably the most likeable character in the show actually. By a fairly wide margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't watch Alphas, but I feel I need to see the dude who plays Jonah in Veep in something else because I want to see that guy playing someone who isn't completely awful to give him some balance. Jonah rules right now, mind

Jonah's storyline this season is just stealing the show from the rest of the already amazing and competent cast.

Jon H. Ryan for Congressman!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

X-O posted:

I think Gary is probably the most likeable character in the show actually. By a fairly wide margin.

Easily. I miss that guy

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

Fair enough. As I say, I am unfairly prejudiced against him and that's really a problem I have rather than a problem with how the character is acted or written.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hope and vaseline posted:

Jonah's storyline this season is just stealing the show from the rest of the already amazing and competent cast.

Jon H. Ryan for Congressman!

Remember when we were worried that Armando leaving might mean even a slight downswing in terms of quality? Jesus, it's just so good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wheat Loaf posted:

Sure, I recall reading that there was one actress who played one of Ross's various girlfriends in one of the later seasons of Friends who said she had people accosting her in the street and accusing her of being a homewrecker keeping Ross and Rachel apart.

I'm gonna take a guess here. Aisha Tyler?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think so - I'm not sure if I still have the book I read the anecdote in but I have a feeling it was her.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Rarity posted:

I'm gonna take a guess here. Aisha Tyler?

I would say yes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So due to earlier discussion, I started Fringe again, starting with the beginning of S3.

I'm pretty excited about it, I do like this show quite a bit.

I like the little touches like "the smash hit DOGS" ad on top of the cab.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Snak posted:

So due to earlier discussion, I started Fringe again, starting with the beginning of S3.

I'm pretty excited about it, I do like this show quite a bit.

I like the little touches like "the smash hit DOGS" ad on top of the cab.

Yay! I'm helping!

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Yay! I'm helping!

Like I said, I didn't actually quit watching it because I wanted to, there was drama with the people I was watching it with, and it got postponed indefinitely. Today I was just like "gently caress it, I'll watch it by myself".

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It must have been fun to be the prop guys once the alternate universe stuff kicked into high gear.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

It must have been fun to be the prop guys once the alternate universe stuff kicked into high gear.

Also the writers. Right now, all the characters are like "wow, a brand new pen, you NEVER see these! it's pretty rare to find one just lying around". When of course, in the last episode, in the first universe, they thought "a trick to save a dying pen" was pretty worthless.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
One of the most striking things about Fringe was the score. I know Lost and Fringe were both JJ Abrams projects and I assume they have the same composer as well, but it's freaky how similar the scores are. Do both shows have original scores or did Fringe literally use some of the Lost score?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Michael Giacchino guy did music for both shows, but Chris Tilton took over most of the music duties for Fringe.

I actually found the music irritating because it was often way too dramatic for what was happening before the commercial breaks. Oh poo poo it's a shapeshifter the volume better increase by 300%! Every time!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bring back old gbs posted:

At least one of them was a comics nerd.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Man, I wish that Frank was away in North Texas dealing with a small outbreak of the Hantavirus, rather than smallpox.

Because than it would be a reference to X-Files: Fight the Future.

God I love that movie.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

So uh Preacher is really good. Is the thread full of assholes who say it isn't like the comic? I've never read it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thread seems really positive and understanding of the changes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
This number's station episode is either really dumb or really cool.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mu Zeta posted:

Thread seems really positive and understanding of the changes.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I watched the first episode of Banshee and it was entertaining but didn't seem to be that groundbreaking or anything. What is the deal with the show, anyway? Is it mostly tits and blood or does it get deeper than that?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

blue squares posted:

I watched the first episode of Banshee and it was entertaining but didn't seem to be that groundbreaking or anything. What is the deal with the show, anyway? Is it mostly tits and blood or does it get deeper than that?

It's a love letter to pulp story telling. The first season is great, second is amazing, third is also great, fourth is a letdown compared to the previous three.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

blue squares posted:

I've seen the first three seasons and while it's entertaining, it's basically tits and blood.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

blue squares posted:

The deal is that it's an awesome show

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

blue squares posted:

Watch until the MMA fighter episode and you'll see.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

In case you missed it, UnReal came back tonight and it was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ShakeZula posted:

What is UnReal?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Rhyno posted:

What is UnReal?

Drama on Lifetime about the behind-the-scenes operations of Bachelor-style reality show. Goes to some really dark, messed-up places and Shiri Appleby is outstanding as the lead.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Rhyno posted:

What is UnReal?
They took Sex House and made it into a real drama

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Cardboard Box A posted:

They took Sex House and made it into a real drama

Are there frogs involved at any point? Or chemicals that dissolve frogs?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ShakeZula posted:

Stop watching Banshee or whatever and what this amoral TV fest instead.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Unreal season premiere was great but I can't find what the closing song was anywhere online... I don't want to wait for tomorrow dammit!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

ShakeZula posted:

I thought it slipped a bit at the end of S1 but holy poo poo the premiere just came rolling out the gates. So many good lines especially. And just man, everything is completely batshit but I can believe all that happening for real.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

To be fair Banshee is also great, it's just over and can be binged at your leisure. UnReal is in the here and now, it's fresh, it's what's happening!

LionArcher posted:

Unreal season premiere was great but I can't find what the closing song was anywhere online... I don't want to wait for tomorrow dammit!

According to Tunefind it was "Kill Our Way to Heaven" by Michl

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Unreal is one of those shows I really liked but fell behind on and really should try to catch up with :smith:

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Rarity posted:

Unreal is one of those shows I really liked but fell behind on and really should try to catch up with :smith:

Yes you should.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

GreenNight posted:

Thank you. I'll check it out.

It's fine. There's one or two people having some complaints at the start, but I think the show does a good enough job of capturing Preacher that it's hard to really complain. I had one specifically (The bar fight is much better in the book), but I feel like it's something that they might re-purpose and use later on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm midway through the second season of The Flash, and it's mostly pretty good, but Zoom is a total nonentity as a villain. What exactly were they going for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm midway through the second season of The Flash, and it's mostly pretty good, but Zoom is a total nonentity as a villain. What exactly were they going for?

Just finish the season, you'll see.

• Locked thread