Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

G0RF posted:

I'm glad you're still posting, Moma.

I know some folks are still giving you hell but I personally enjoy seeing dissenting opinions here. Not that my approval matters but I'm glad you're still here. (Plus you made me :lol: with that reply.)

:five:

I agree on the general sentiment, I just wish he'd have any opinions outside the ToS.

e:
procedurally generated cattes

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Lime Tonics posted:

Cultists already rushing in to defend this,

gently caress these people.

lol that photoshopping out the watermarks counts as transformative work thus constituting fair use

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
how loving brain dead are these people

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Palisader posted:

Also, thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am the lucky goony goon who managed to have adorable and sociable children with healthy body weights.

Well now's a chance to buy into an Orion so you can mine the verse together.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

lol at fair use. They sure are making a transformative work and providing critical commentary and satire by putting it in front of a space ship with Sandi's face on it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Nicholas posted:

how loving brain dead are these people

You're confusing "brain dead" with "willfully ignorant."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The ol' "even if they did it it's ok" argument.

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004

Wrecked Angle posted:

Can you imagine working at CIG? Can you imagine walking into work every morning and getting news like...

Customers have discovered the customer service team have been tagging them as 'high maintenance' and 'snowflakes'...
Chris tried to play the game live on stage it was terrible (obviously) and then he called the chat interface poo poo in front of everyone...
Goons have discovered that the woman in the concept art is a paintover of a stock photo, signs of watermark still evident...
Chris said he's too busy for E3 at the same time Sandi posted a picture of him on a boat off the coast of Italy...
The head of community interaction has an old website packed with inappropriate quotes and hundreds of pictures of a female news anchor...

Actually, I would loving love to be getting called to emergency meetings to deal with P_Gabz latest videos.

The funny part here is that you didn't even mention the condition of the game itself. This stuff though probably throws him into a rage. It hurts their image as competent marketers.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Decrepus posted:

The ol' "even if they did it it's ok" argument.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

This is the saddest shill.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I knew there were gonna be some good impressions of patch 2.4.0r when this is the post greeting me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n1wik/patch_240r_is_now_available/

ok :smith:

ok but what's the real takeaway?

landing succsfl

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 8, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

XK posted:

lol at fair use. They sure are making a transformative work and providing critical commentary and satire by putting it in front of a space ship with Sandi's face on it.

here you go, fair use right?

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well now's a chance to buy into an Orion so you can mine the verse together.

I dunno, I tried to get my daughter to play Minecraft and she was all "eeuuuh, this is boooooring" so I might have to disown her

Who was that citizen who disowned his son for not liking SC

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

does using a song in a movie count as transformative fair use

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I knew there were gonna be some good impressions of patch 2.4.0r when this is the post greeting me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/4n1wik/patch_240r_is_now_available/

ok :smith:

Horrible fps. Horrible first person shooter, or horrible frames per second?

Both. :smith:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

Star Citizen: I know it sucks but it gives us an appreciation of plight

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
I think it would be fair to remind everyone that quotes the budget number it's all from a magical spaceship counter which we all know is not accurate and probably never has been.

They could say they have now raised 20B or 20 pence - either would be as accurate as the number we all currently talk about due to the lack of regulation of accounting of crowd-funded games.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/Ellindar1/status/740356575332798464

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

here you go, fair use right?

Funnily enough, your image would qualify as fair use.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

XK posted:

Well yeah and I'm not trying to sell spaceships with it either. I just wanted to illustrate what he was suggesting :(

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

im of the opinion that star citizens should qq more

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Palisader posted:

I dunno, I tried to get my daughter to play Minecraft and she was all "eeuuuh, this is boooooring" so I might have to disown her

Who was that citizen who disowned his son for not liking SC

I think it was the recovering alcoholic turned preacher/youtube panhandler guy... Mark Falcone or something, but I think he was disowned for tending the crops wrong?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

XK posted:

I'm pretty sure this counts as libel, but I only know law by reading Star Citizen facebook comments.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Decrepus posted:

I'm pretty sure this counts as libel, but I only know law by reading Star Citizen facebook comments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rzRH11G3vc

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TTerrible posted:

RTV around the bucaneer reveal. Someone gotta find it.

Holy hell, I've never actually subjected myself to watching one of their "shows" and I think I nearly died from boredom. What a bunch of useless fluff.

I couldn't find that quote in any of their recent videos. The closest thing I could find in this lastest RTV was this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DR8uE_9CM&t=2667s

I also watched the ATV segments specifically featuring Jim Martin talking about the Buccaneer but that photo is never shown or mentioned.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Well they're aware of the laughs because the $2 comment is gone now on Sandi's Facebook. I wonder who she is ripping a new rear end in a top hat right now

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/BadCokeMachine/status/740266759039668224

https://twitter.com/BrodinsHomeboy/status/740286747636948993

https://twitter.com/DeRezzed69/status/740310922552610816

https://twitter.com/who_knew_it_/status/740318780987936768

https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/740361056871141377

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

this sounds too good to be true

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I can imagine that of any voices out there, David Braben is really strongly attuned to SC backers.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

thats the level of qq im talking about, ty

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

:ironicat:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Thoatse posted:

I think it was the recovering alcoholic turned preacher/youtube panhandler guy... Mark Falcone or something, but I think he was disowned for tending the crops wrong?

He didn't disown him I think he yelled at him for being lazy.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Jason Sextro posted:

I can imagine that of any voices out there, David Braben is really strongly attuned to SC backers.

loving whiny cu...citizens

ZenMaster posted:

Still, that video was pretty terrible. Poor kid.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Hes not wrong lol

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

MeLKoR posted:

I agree on the general sentiment, I just wish he'd have any opinions outside the ToS.

e:
procedurally generated cattes

i'm pretty sure that even if crobbers gave art direction while tripping balls, the result would still be so generic and boring that it would make crysis 3 look like L'Incal

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=259596&page=65

this is extremely my poo poo.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ZenMaster posted:

He doesn't have a seat on the family Connie though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lmao up to revision r and 2.4 is still broken as gently caress.

• Locked thread