Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I really struggled with reaming my corp, but I feel like the new name really catches the essence of our corporate spirit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Lost 300K because my associates couldn't shoot down a valkyrie and the tug boat died in one shot

:downs:

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

BitBasher just sold 38 crates for 755K. I got 8.5K for helping him.

In total less than 100K for 3 hours of work. I made more money from the SecuroServ paychecks.

My actual profit was about 450k for 4 hours. With FAR higher risk than other activities for similar pay.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Akion posted:

I really struggled with reaming my corp, but I feel like the new name really catches the essence of our corporate spirit...

excellent :golfclap:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Lost 300K because my associates couldn't shoot down a valkyrie and the tug boat died in one shot

mmmmhmmm

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 8, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Top Hats Monthly posted:

It owned glitching right off the tug and into the water as I shot at an enemy.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!
Not related to the new update, but from the Humane Labs heist we pulled late into the night last night. Or should I say early this morning?

Question: Can a Valkyrie do a flip/barrel-roll?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNJXXdTFMDo

Answer: Yes, but only with the help of a couple rockets.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Zigmidge posted:

Alright my precious little mewling babies, do you insist on playing this game to grind garbage missions so you can buy garbage that, once you can finally afford your macguffin, you're going to complain about in the thread anyways? Hate how you have to use these news toys with other people? There's a way for you to grind to your heart's content.

Use QoS on your router or you can use netlimited on your pc if you don't have qos rules in your router UI. Set it to something super low like 128kb. Don't go too slow, you still want to be able to communicate with the database servers for access to your character profile. This should automatically netsplit you out of any lobbies with peers in it and drop you in your own public lobby where the restrictions on CEO work are lifted. This will only work for solo play, unfortunately, since your friends will need you to have a decent connection to join you. Once you disable QoS, your lobby will be free for pubbies to join up. Be careful though, I hear pubbies are worse than goons and also they all hack.

Don't let cockstar ruin your enjoyment of this bad, broken game. Enjoy this new player vs player update in the way you see fit!

e: Can one of you optimizers tell me if your employees see more payout if a mission has you deliver 2 or 3 crates vs 1?

Thanks for the tip. If you're using Netlimiter, the magic number for bandwidth seems to be limiting download/upload speed to 20 KB/S. Any lower and I just get a fail to connect, higher risks putting me in lobby with actual pubbies (eww).

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I tried doing one of the stock missions. I could only pick up the cargo one at a time, and by the time i went back for the third pickup someone else in the lobby had decided to blow it up with a rocket launcher. Bravo Rockstar, your ability to make lovely unfun content knows no bounds. :downsbravo:

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Sapient Afro posted:

Knowing rockstar, it's gonna cost a bare minimum of 5 million in real estate just to get set up to do the missions, and require you grind out 10 straight hours of boring courier missions just to break even.

It's this. So predictable.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

SplitSoul posted:

So, do I just buy the cheapest office and some warehouses or what?

CJ posted:

I have 3.5 mil from when i used to play this at launch. Is it worth saving up for the most expensive office or should i just spend it on the $1 mil one, given that i'm probably going to play a couple of days at most before the hackers return.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

titties posted:

QUICK GUIDE TO BEING A BALLER-rear end CEO:

1. Buy an office. Don't waste your money on Maze Bank, I did and it blows. I recommend the less-expensive Arcadia Business Center because it is cheaper and has a much cooler exterior.

2. Buy warehouses. You have to use the executive terminal in your office, which can only be accessed in a PUBLIC LOBBY. Large warehouses have a crate capacity of 111, medium warehouses can hold about 44. I would recommend buying a few smaller warehouses instead of the larger ones, you're not going to fill them anyway.

3. Buy crates to fill your warehouses. Shipments of 3 crates cost about $18k. You have to collect them in a free-roam mission and deliver them to your warehouse. Pubbies WILL attack you instead of doing their own CEO stuff.

4. Sell goods. Selling larger shipments gets a better payout, but you have to make a drop for each crate if you're doing it over land. Delivering 6 crates got me about $92k, my employees made about 10% of that (!)

The employee payouts go up as you complete more shipments, though. In order to get anywhere in a rambunctious public lobby you probably need at least 2 goon corporations looking out for each other. For some reason the pubs think it is better to attack you for a 1k payout then it is to do their own poo poo for a 100k payout.

E: I bought the Maze Bank office (6 million after upgrades), 1x large and 1x medium warehouses (~ 3 million), and the Reaper (~2 million with upgrades). Beginning bank balance: 11.9 million. Current balance: 1.3 million. It is going to take a long-rear end time to make my money back.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
GTA crashed when I was delivering 30 crates.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jun 8, 2016

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

GTA crashed when I was delivering 30 crates.

Serves you right, you evil 1%er.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

If and when I start my own Corporation, I may call it Universal Xport.

...I wanted to use Universal Exports. gently caress you R* and your 15 character limit.

Maybe I'll call it The New Day instead.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So if I'm reading this correctly, the new CEO poo poo is basically the same as running a courier mission through the Dark Zone in The Division?

Are there any CEOs on right now whose offices I can hang out in? I'm in the LLJK clan right now.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

CJ posted:

I tried doing one of the stock missions. I could only pick up the cargo one at a time, and by the time i went back for the third pickup someone else in the lobby had decided to blow it up with a rocket launcher. Bravo Rockstar, your ability to make lovely unfun content knows no bounds. :downsbravo:

Oh noes PVP content, how unexpected!
I think either you were unlucky or I've been lucky as I've never lost a crate, I fact I've been completely ignored in public lobbies while I was doing jobs. Maybe Xbox One players are a bit more chilled out these days.

I'd originally said stick to 1 crate pick up jobs when solo but I actually think that you can get away with 2 crates at a time as all the ones I've done have been hijacking a vehicle with the crates already in it.

Is there any plans for the Xbox One players to get together and run some jobs?

DaveKap posted:

So if I'm reading this correctly, the new CEO poo poo is basically the same as running a courier mission through the Dark Zone in The Division?

Are there any CEOs on right now whose offices I can hang out in? I'm in the LLJK clan right now.
What system are you on?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Anime_Otaku posted:

What system are you on?
PC

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm enjoying the Lombank West office because you can stare serenely at the blinking lights on the ferris wheel while avoiding the bustle of everyone who gravitates toward the offices in the city center.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Goddamn the FMJ is awesome. It's terrifyingly fast and it handles brilliantly.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Oh hey, new barbie stuff. Where did all my money go?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

T1g4h posted:

Goddamn the FMJ is awesome. It's terrifyingly fast and it handles brilliantly.

I put it through a few races. A bit slow in acceleration, but it pulls like a goddamned freight train.

THIS is the new T20.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
:siren:big picture post coming up:siren:

I'm really excited and pleased with the new update and its proving to be quite a fun time with mumble crew!
We're already starting to see the rise of tough new goonsquad subsidiaries such as 'Free SharkCards' 'Troupe Deville' and 'Get Fuched!'

These young go-getters are already tearing up the streets in the pursuit of riches and fame.

Not only do they have street smarts, but they're also focused in the office. Look at them taking part in a strategic organizational meeting

....i take that back :v:

This is only a fraction of the armaments that our various goonsquad organizations can bring to bear :D

And my what progress they can make in an evening when they put their minds to it :thumbsup:

For anyone who hasn't been able to check out the update yet, here are some of the contraband items you can acquire

counterfeit goods, in this case counterfeit bills

weapons and ammo shipments

jewelry

and bullion!

As a VIP, leveraging your assets to build a business can start you on a path to success in so many ways!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I'd say they really missed the mark if the payouts for the people helping you are so low but I think it's fairly clear what their goal is and has been with what are essentially freemium DLCs

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Hello what's all this then :cop:

Cash and loot piling up in offices is a pretty neat touch.

Also god drat it's a crying shame women characters can't get that jacket :argh:

Speaking of cash, Lester.

Lester.

Where is our loving money.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

strong bird posted:

I'd say they really missed the mark if the payouts for the people helping you are so low but I think it's fairly clear what their goal is and has been with what are essentially freemium DLCs

I think it'd depend on how brave the CEO feels to some extent considering the fact that you get a wage boost as an associate for consecutive successful pick ups. As CEO I made 120+k for, I think, a 6 or 9 crate delivery so if the CEO decided to fill even a small warehouse before delivery that'd be a good payout even at 10% and presumably you'd get your 10k on top of that.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Anime_Otaku posted:

I think it'd depend on how brave the CEO feels to some extent considering the fact that you get a wage boost as an associate for consecutive successful pick ups. As CEO I made 120+k for, I think, a 6 or 9 crate delivery so if the CEO decided to fill even a small warehouse before delivery that'd be a good payout even at 10% and presumably you'd get your 10k on top of that.

As an associate I don't mind the lower payouts because there's finally action in free roam.

What are the payouts for destroying enemy crates, though? Is it worth the trouble?

Edit: Nvm, $1k. I hate to fall in the pubbie mentality of mindlessly ruining people's money but it's too much fun. I'll get to my own CEO stuff eventually but right now I'm content just having some action in free roam.

Though if anyone needs any heists done, I've only done a few despite being really solid at this game.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 8, 2016

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

These terrible associates are playing videogames while on the clock

You can go into your office in a private session, you just can't use the computer to do anything useful.

I'm curious what happens if you start a package pick up, then kill your internet connection to force a net split.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 8, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

UserErr0r posted:

These terrible associates are playing videogames while on the clock

Birdwoman owns.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Agoat posted:

Birdwoman owns.
I miss being able to glitch hats on with masks :(

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Don't get Maze Bank Tower just because the entry is on the elevated road level, but leaving on foot likes to dump people out on the lower road level. Too close to your personal vehicle (assuming it's up on the upper level) to call your mechanic, but too annoying to get to.

Based on the office computer screen, it looks like you can have 5 warehouses. I don't know why you'd want to fill up 5 warehouses, without selling any cargo, unless you want to wait to see if Rockstar ever makes a compromise in doing sells in public sessions because it only takes 1 rear end in a top hat to ruin your 300k income.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 8, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Croccers posted:

I miss being able to glitch hats on with masks :(

They removed it again?? I still have a tactical outfit that mixes the skull balaclava with a tactical helmet.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

So I've seen lots of stuff flying around about false positives with Afterburner, Mumble, Discord, even the in-built Windows 10 DVR - Is there actually any truth to these claims, or is it the usual case of some 10 year-old script kiddie forgetting they left their hacks on and blaming the ban on something else?

titties
May 10, 2012

For a long while last night the servers were taking a huge dump PS4-side. I was able to session-hop until I got into a public session by myself. I invited all the goons on my friends list, and for around 3-4 hours we had a lobby with like 10 goons and not a pubbie in sight. It was awesome.

You could tell when the servers stabilized because a pubbie showed up, and then within about 5 minutes the server was full and it was a complete shitshow.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Anime_Otaku posted:

See below.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

BitBasher just sold 38 crates for 755K. I got 8.5K for helping him.

In total less than 100K for 3 hours of work. I made more money from the SecuroServ paychecks.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
It baffles me that you can't just distribute a payout after a sale, or set to give a specific cut to someone. I do see a wage bonus in the SecuroServ menu, could you set that to be higher as a CEO and just pay more over time?

Edit: Reddit has some info on the false positives for hacks. Sorry if it's already been posted.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/4n4j1n/new_anticheat_false_positives_what_to_avoid/

Agoat fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 8, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

Agoat posted:

It baffles me that you can't just distribute a payout after a sale, or set to give a specific cut to someone. I do see a wage bonus in the SecuroServ menu, could you set that to be higher as a CEO and just pay more over time?

Not that I saw. As far as I can tell, the payout bonus for associates goes up for completing pickups even though associates don't get paid for those. When I was working for Otiosely, I signed out of GTA and then jumped to another session. He came into the session and hired me back and I was still at a 40% bonus rate. We hadn't sold anything at that point, only stocked the warehouse. I don't know if the bonus only applies to the SecuroServe paycheck or if it also applies to the delivery payout. My starting paycheck from SecuroServe was 6k, by the end of the session it was about 9k.

Filling the warehouse like BitBasher did nets a slightly larger profit for the CEO but kind of bones the associates. They don't get paid until you deliver goods, and since BitBasher only made one delivery Fallin only got paid once (aside from the regular SecuroServe paycheck which only comes every 15 minutes or so).

BitBasher invested about 200k in those crates, so he made a profit of about 500k.

If he had sold them in chunks of 6 for about 90k each, he would have made about 340k in profit, while Fallin would have gotten (I assume) about 60k + Securoserve pay.

I don't see any good solution for this except to just take turns at being CEO.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Agoat posted:

Edit: Reddit has some info on the false positives for hacks. Sorry if it's already been posted.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV_PC/comments/4n4j1n/new_anticheat_false_positives_what_to_avoid/

I have discord running 24/7 and I'm fine, but I don't use the overlay, which may be the key to this, so...
:siren: don't use the in-game overlay from other programs while playing GTAO, including ones that show your FPS or streaming stats :siren:
also might help to disable the Win10 game bar: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8637-game-bar-turn-off-windows-10-a.html
(steam overlay is fine)

titties posted:

I don't see any good solution for this except to just take turns at being CEO.
They could make it so when you sell the packages, it distributes pay to anyone that helped collect that cargo, whether or not they're an associate at the time, along with paying anyone that helped sell it.

It's going to be a dick move if someone who didn't help collect any cargo is an associate when selling it, since they didn't really contribute.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 8, 2016

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I didn't have much fun being an associate. There doesn't seem to be much creativity involved with the missions themselves, or completing them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The missions are pretty straightforward yeah, but there's a ton of fun if you make it. We had an awesome time last night splitting into convoys and escorting the VIP in with a helicopter and stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

Ziploc posted:

I didn't have much fun being an associate. There doesn't seem to be much creativity involved with the missions themselves, or completing them.

The most interesting one I had was getting to a vantage point and trying to identify 3 Epsilon cultists that were attending a funeral, then shooting them in the head.

• Locked thread