Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UnfurledSails posted:

It's tough since it's hard to keep a meal both high fat and low calorie. I usually eat some almonds and cashews and stuff..

1. Eat peanuts unless you are a crystal worshipping vegan woman
2. Lol if you intentionally consume simple carbs ever that aren't bananas
3. Cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Bananas give me stomach aches

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
veggie protip:

go to costco frozen section and pick up a bag of flash frozen pre-cut broccoli and a bag of flash frozen stir-fry vegetable mix.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Bananas give me stomach aches

your stomach is poo poo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

canned chicken is like a buck fifty a lb at costco and also the food of the gods. add that poo poo to everythang

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Profondo Rosso posted:

canned chicken is like a buck fifty a lb at costco and also the food of the gods. add that poo poo to everythang

Canned chicken :psyduck:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Constipated posted:

I also work night shift, but in a warehouse where I'm on my feet 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Foam rolling is a godsend. I roll every part of my body I can now when needed, but mostly just my entire back and hamstrings, sometimes my quads too when they get roasted. DON'T EVER SKIMP ON THE STRETCHING!! Do toe touches every single day, a few times a day. If you can't reach your toes and hold it there for a little while, you need to stretch.. I can almost put my palms flat on the ground with my legs completely straight when I'm warmed up, but I usually can't reach my toes in the beginning of my day until I do my stretches. Do them standing up, sitting on the ground with your legs flat as possible, together and spread apart.

I used to have a really weak lower back, and in recent months when I've drank a lot of beer and ate like poo poo it starts to bother me a little bit again. That bloated beer gut I assume you are dealing with is having a massive impact on your lower back, as well as abdominals. I've been there. Obvious solution is to stop drinking entirely if you want to get strong and look great, or only drink on weekends when you aren't working. Drinking a beer or two a day is counter productive, alcohol is proven to inhibit muscle recovery and growth. I guarantee you will feel better once you cut that out of your daily diet. I used to drink a 12 pack and 750ml bottle of vodka every weekend for a few months this past fall/winter, and since I stopped that poo poo I have added a ton of weight to my deadlift, and pretty much everything else, and I look a hell of a lot better. If I had a couple beers left over I'd drink those throughout the week as well, and not surprisingly I found that I didn't recover as fast and my abs/lower back felt weaker.

I stopped smoking weed 2 weeks ago, and I have so much more motivation and no longer sit around on my rear end debating whether or not to do something I know I should do, like prep healthy food for lunch at work. I just get up and take care of everything quickly and efficiently, and then enjoy the free time I'm left with before I have to get up and do it all over again. I love getting my buzz on and cutting loose as much as anyone, but I realized I was spending hard earned money to be lazy and unhealthy, and that kind of sucks. All in all I spend about 55-60 hours a week between work, driving to and from work/home/gym, and exercising. I've been a little irritated lately with not having enough time in the day to do all the things that make me happy and not depressed, so I've really made an effort to maximize that free time, and surprise surprise I'm feeling better in every way and lifting heavier weights than I was before. :buddy:

Sorry for all the words.

the long post is all good, i ramble too when i get home late at night. As mentioned before, the thing that concerns me, is the fact I work almost the equivalent of 2 full time jobs, basically 11 days on, 3 days off, for 10 hour shifts. I'm paranoid no amount of stretching, prehab, foam rolling can counter that but I'm sure if I go slow and easy enough(plus the beer and diet thing) I will adjust. I doubt I cut alcohol out completely but I'm already down to just 1 or 2 when I get home, and I'll work on alternating days. I have to have something though, that many hours is tough. A far as my gut, I got a little bit of one, but I only went from 175 to 198 lbs, despite an additional 800 or so calories of beer added to my diet for like 8 months. Today I was like 193, so it looks like I"m slowly shedding it. This weekend I'll have some money to throw around again, and I'll go get some real food as well.

E: saw other words. My hamstring flexibility now is actually a little better than before I started working so much. The toe touch used to be hard for me, but now on an average day I can just touch my toes with straight legs, can do a good bit better after a couple of stretches. I think it's my quads/hip flexors that are the tightest. A far as squat form, with a flat back I can go just to bellow parallel, and if I'm just squatting down to rest(allowed to round my lower back) I can basically plop my rear end down right on my calves and chill all day.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jun 9, 2016

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Canned chicken :psyduck:

yeah its gross af, imo. If i need something quick and easy from a can I always just go with tuna.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Can you old dads writing essays about your terrible joints go make a different thread or something please? I don't need another place to be reminded of the reapers cold shadow, thanks.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My joints feel a lot better now after 3 weeks off. Going to drink heavily and watch football all weekend but might try working out again sometime next week if I can be bothered.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

notZaar posted:

Can you old dads writing essays about your terrible joints go make a different thread or something please? I don't need another place to be reminded of the reapers cold shadow, thanks.

Sorry I forgot this is pre lift poop thread.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
who even needs joints, as long as ya got muscles????

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sassassin posted:

My joints feel a lot better now after 3 weeks off. Going to drink heavily and watch football all weekend but might try working out again sometime next week if I can be bothered.

Enjoy your dad bod

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

soy posted:

Enjoy your dad bod

I'll enjoy your dad's bod.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What's the best pre-pre-workout lunch dish? I'm thinking salami and mustard sandwich with pickles.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Wtf the gently caress do I do with all these raw vegetables! ?

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!

Booties posted:

Eat it raw, Booties.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Booties posted:

microwave them and dump 1 gallon of hot sauce on top

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Booties posted:

Blanch them

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Booties posted:

Raw vegetables can be exchanged with vegans for goods and services.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Eat raw vegetables to recarb after you've really blasted your thighs good.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
put the raw vegetables in a pan, cook the vegetables

eat the vegetables

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Open palm slam the vegetables into your butt.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Zzulu posted:

put the raw vegetables in a pan, cook the vegetables

eat the vegetables

Do this but also add in rice, pasta, sauce and chicken.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Do this but also add in rice, pasta, sauce and chicken.

no the move is to add instant noodles and a whole packet of msg favoring

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

no the move is to add instant noodles and a whole packet of msg favoring

That's pretty much what I meant:

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

why do people eat shirataki noodles and zoodles

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol if you use your glutes to squat

405 for two

https://instagram.com/p/BGcpzNXpQSX/

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

405 for two

Crotch thrust to squat. Seems ok

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
What's the deal with this DMAA chemical thats supposedly part of all the good pre workouts?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

FizFashizzle posted:

405 for two

Well, at least you don't have a manbun or a ZZ Top beard.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

What's the deal with this DMAA chemical thats supposedly part of all the good pre workouts?

It's pretty good, really stimulating and focus is great... Makes you sweat a lot and loses effectiveness rather quickly even when used only a few times a week.

I bought 25 grams for like 30 bux a few years back and havent even used half of it.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

DoubleT2172 posted:

Crotch thrust to squat. Seems ok

That's how you squat heavy. "Catch" the bar on your hips and deadlift the second half :cool:

I'm stalling on bench. Probably time to deload and break through in a couple weeks. Or I could eat more salami?

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
Correct move is to do both hth

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
word filter stole my gains

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So I have finally starting to eat properly again and jesus christ what a difference it makes. I don't feel like a weakass baby anymore.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
I'm at the gym. I should live post my workout

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Fallows posted:

It's pretty good, really stimulating and focus is great... Makes you sweat a lot and loses effectiveness rather quickly even when used only a few times a week.

I bought 25 grams for like 30 bux a few years back and havent even used half of it.

ah, i just kept hearing about it and was mostly curious. I only use the NOS stuff maybe once or twice a week and even then, only because someone gave it to me. I'm generally good with caffeine, but I do enjoy the pins and needles from the beta-alanine. I could always just get my own beta alanine to add to my caffeine drink mix I suppose.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
simply learn to summon and channel your natural adrenaline instead

also always pretend you're a super saiyan in the gym and power up before each lift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lord Tywin posted:

So I have finally starting to eat properly again and jesus christ what a difference it makes. I don't feel like a weakass baby anymore.

What type of salami did you buy?

• Locked thread