Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

CIG is truly revolutionary in that they allow the purchase of $$$ DLC for games you don't own.

The pledge!

Edit: tax

tuo fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Confidence in project fully restored!

I'd write more, but I'm off to buy a spacebike IOU!

No, at this price, I'll take TWO!

Oh hell, I'll throw the Caterpillar in as well for the bundled LTI!

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Isn't this the ship they had a design contest for like a week ago?

Considering their normal work rate they sure seem to have a bunch of blueprints and shiny renders done in that time. So did they fudge the contest by just picking a design which matched what they already had or has it been all hands on deck to get a space bike in game for sale?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/743952553985990659

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Lol, that file is saved as morrow head.max

Not an actors name, not a character reference. morrow head.max

They have absolutely gently caress all and are desperately scrabbling around trying to fudge together a revised morrow tour with less lovely models and movement.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That's going to need a lot more than touch ups to be a good face in TYOOL 2016

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

They have absolutely gently caress all and are desperately scrabbling around trying to fudge together a revised morrow tour with less lovely models and movement.

But it doesn't have enough polygons. You could easily fit two polygons in each of them. CHRIS! They are getting sloppy! They forget to add the immersion polys!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Wafflz posted:

That's going to need a lot more than touch ups to be a good face in TYOOL 2016

Awfully mean thing to say about :sandance:. True, though.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Brochures are still the bestonly good part of this gamecon. Commercials used to be, but they even managed to have quality slip on those before they quit making them.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Not sure I would have used the phrase 'facial touch ups'

Did anyone rip apart the latest sale jpgs. They have to have stolen at least 2 bits from the image

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lmfao

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.
Since I hate reading about dead pets, here's my Wine Catte:

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That is the last running catte of its breed. It's cool to see it galumphing in the wild.

Sadly Fatte Catte was not mobile when I was in it's august presence. A couple of the Bengali counterparts were present there as well but are slightly less interesting to look at.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

PSA: The Caterpillar Combo Pack has no star citizen digital download. (new comers beware)

lol if you wanted access to an actual game after spending $70 on twin space motorcycles.

lol just lol.

At this point, I have to assume they're admitting that anyone buying stuff for the game already actually owns it. I don't know what a Caterpillar is, but it doesn't sound like one of the really inspiring ones that'll get people to buy in from outside. I mean, even Elite's near- endless parade of identical wedges at least have evocative names.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

once again cig pisses in the smiling gaping whale mouth

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Wrecked Angle posted:

Considering their normal work rate they sure seem to have a bunch of blueprints and shiny renders done in that time. So did they fudge the contest by just picking a design which matched what they already had or has it been all hands on deck to get a space bike in game for sale?

You have that wrong commando, it was not a design contest, it was a 'want do you think it will be like' contest.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Wrecked Angle posted:

Wouldn't it be easier to just have someone from CIG submit a design while pretending they were just a citizen? Or did other citizens vote on which design won? Because if the final decision rested with CIG then lol they totally fudged it.

Edit: ^oh. Nevermind

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Also, despite what MoMA said several times, HBS's new Battletech game isn't an RTS. It's turn-based squad battles, like Battletech has always been. It says so at the very top of the Kickstarter.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Unexpected posted:

My brain really wanted to interpret this as a carrot. I think I need some sleep.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
It seems like you can upgrade the LTI jetbike immediately to any other ship currently on sale. Used to be they'd say wait till it's flyable. So basically LTI is back on sale for pretty much everything + caterpillar, the scythe, javelin, 890 jump, idris etc excluded, the other "semi limited" stuff like the other vanduul they'll make upgrades available next time they sell them.

This should be their best sale for ages because of the LTI upgrades + $35 price.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Palisader posted:

My brain really wanted to interpret this as a carrot. I think I need some sleep.

My mind DID interprete it as a (nicely cut) carrot, until this post. Now I realize that thing is alive and might be able to fly again when it is sober.

Then again, it's nearly half past three in the night here, I truly need some sleep!

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

AP posted:

It seems like you can upgrade the LTI jetbike immediately to any other ship currently on sale. Used to be they'd say wait till it's flyable. So basically LTI is back on sale for pretty much everything + caterpillar, the scythe, javelin, 890 jump, idris etc excluded, the other "semi limited" stuff like the other vanduul they'll make upgrades available next time they sell them.

This should be their best sale for ages because of the LTI upgrades + $35 price.

Could you explain this a bit more? So you can get LTI on none concept ships this way?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

G0RF posted:

Confidence in project fully restored!

I'd write more, but I'm off to buy a spacebike IOU!

No, at this price, I'll take TWO!

Oh hell, I'll throw the Caterpillar in as well for the bundled LTI!

You know it's time for a Completionist, commando o9

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

Everyday this dumpster fire still amazes me , these whales are living breathing members of society .... how do they manage car payments and mortgages ?

Honeyyyyy we gotta sell the house. I went and blew our next 3 payments on pictures of jpg space ships

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sappo569 posted:

Everyday this dumpster fire still amazes me , these whales are living breathing members of society .... how do they manage car payments and mortgages ?

Honeyyyyy we gotta sell the house. I went and blew our next 3 payments on pictures of jpg space ships

That's a very unfair characterisation. They blew it on virtual insurance for digital space ships they've previously bought jpegs of. Huge difference.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I discovered my cats across the room putting on a theatrical production

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm excited for it to hit the hangar and "Oh yeah it turns out it only comes in one color for now."

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Solomonic posted:

I discovered my cats across the room putting on a theatrical production

— Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
— I do bite my thumb, sir.
— Do you bite your thumb at us, sir?
— No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you sir; but I bite my thumb, sir.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Today on Facebook I saw someone make a serious and horrified response to an "article" that was talking about how in China they test out tattoo ink on babies and then throw the babies in the landfill. Never underestimate the general stupidity of your fellow man.

BatshitCrazy
May 12, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Not really. Vietnam was over in 1976.

So there are some Vietnam vets in their 50's.

Except that Saigon fell in 1975?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Unexpected posted:

That catte looks like a hosed up carrot.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Palisader posted:

gently caress, beaten.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Unexpected posted:

Conures are gud.

This makes me miss my quaker :(

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm excited for it to hit the hangar and "Oh yeah it turns out it only comes in one color for now."

Other colors will be limited. Like 250 of "incredibly non-red red" only.

What? They do that poo poo with (very expensive) cars IRL, and Chris has some knowledge regarding used cars....

We will all be staring in awe when one of those 250 off-shitbrown jetbikes speeds off into the sundown, and we are all like "drat, how I would love to ride that color in my virtual space sim game..."

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
Can't afford to buy a ship in Star Citizen. Will buy House of the Dying Sun instead.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
https://twitter.com/SirWreckedAngle/status/743974318846152704

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jun 18, 2016

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend

Wrecked Angle posted:

I'm surprised it isn't "morrow head rev4.max"

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Pointy posted:

I'm surprised it isn't "morrow head rev4.max"

A real development file would be called "marrow_head_rev4_final_final_unfucked_02.max"

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Sunswipe posted:

Ask your regular physician about acceleration in vakuum.

You know, it just occurred to me that at least some of the spelling weirdness in the bug reports is due to the submitter being a non-native English speaker. Take this guy, he's correctly spelling vacuum... if you're German.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

ManofManyAliases posted:

You wouldn't say that all of the polls, whining, and wishing on the forums and reddit (etc) contributed to scope creep?

It's the job of the project team (whether it be manager/producer/director - whatever the name) to build and maintain a clear, realistic, achievable project scope... to guide the project development.

If all it takes is for Person on the Stream to ask, "Will there be hidden, rare loot on undiscovered worlds for us to collect?", and have someone with authority immediately say, "Absolutely we'll have that!", then there isn't effective control and oversight of scope.

And that's how you steer a project onto the rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

FrankieGoes posted:

Today on Facebook I saw someone make a serious and horrified response to an "article" that was talking about how in China they test out tattoo ink on babies and then throw the babies in the landfill. Never underestimate the general stupidity of your fellow man.

I don't understand.

Those poor babies! :poops on self, buys another Idris:

• Locked thread