Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
at least i started something instead of every1 just sit on their rear end and wait for someone else to start talking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
The AR case was bad. I don't think scum would necessarily be the only ones who hated it (take me for example)

flerp posted:

yeah it was a joke :dealwithit:

But it didn't have any qualities of a joke. At the risk of sounding like a robot beep boop beep, it sounded like either a claim or a legit case. You are a fairly funny poster so I think you know how humor works, but saying "Hey guys, dongs is probably scum because I think he would've killed quid" and then "ok I guess not" is not a joke. It reads more like "I hope people jump on this lovely case because this town reads like a bunch of sheep."

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

flerp posted:

at least i started something instead of every1 just sit on their rear end and wait for someone else to start talking

You voted me because I wrote down all my thoughts on people. Like I agree this town sucks and I hate it but I have been talking and jumping on me for doing a thing that you want everyone else to do is stupid.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

It seems like your trying to control the conversation, which is typically something mafia does in my experience.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok? it wasnt a legit case i just thought it was funny

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tea Party Crasher posted:

It seems like your trying to control the conversation, which is typically something mafia does in my experience.

Then why did you vote with him on me?

flerp posted:

ok? it wasnt a legit case i just thought it was funny

But it wasn't in anyway resembling a joke

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
unvote though because i dont like the quick jump people did on u ypm

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Meanwhile JimsonTheBetrayer is either lurking or is taking a 36 hour nap

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
whoops ##unvote

anyways im done w/ explaining that it was a dumb case that i thought was funny next time ill make sure its funny

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
TPC, why did you vote with flerp if you think flerp is controlling the conversation? Or was that in reference to me?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

flerp posted:

whoops ##unvote

anyways im done w/ explaining that it was a dumb case that i thought was funny next time ill make sure its funny

Its not that it wasn't funny, its that it didn't seem like it fit into a scheme of a joke at all. Like it wasn't like you were saying "lol dongs visited quid because he was the ghey" which wouldn't be funny but I could see it as a joke. You were making a meta argument that dongs, as a player, would choose quid to kill.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I'm in bed so I'm not gonna write an essay but I didn't want to vote A because I thought (and still think) dongs is disgusting vomit scum.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Tommunist posted:

I'm in bed so I'm not gonna write an essay but I didn't want to vote AR because I thought (and still think) dongs is disgusting vomit scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tommunist posted:

I'm in bed so I'm not gonna write an essay but I didn't want to vote A because I thought (and still think) dongs is disgusting vomit scum.

why

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote tomm jumped on a gambit given no info and didn't ask any questions or follow ups

I presumed that flerp had a power role ro back up his claim, this isn't an unusual thing to do retro.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Why would Dongs, in your mind, being scum, have anything to do with the merits of his case on AR? Like you have no reason to know for certain that Dongs is scum, so why can't you think Dongs is scum and also AR is scum? And why do you think Dongs is scum

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

TPC, why did you vote with flerp if you think flerp is controlling the conversation? Or was that in reference to me?

Yeah I was talking about you

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Once again I'm in bed (and phone posting) but there was a post last game day where dongs listed alternative people we could vote for other then AR and refused to consider the existence of people who were not me (and had votes on them), and not in a "I think you're scum and they're town" way

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

And when you were talking about me controlling the conversation, when were you referring to? I've been defending myself and casing people. That maybe something you know as "mafia"

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Your Personal Muse posted:

Why would Dongs, in your mind, being scum, have anything to do with the merits of his case on AR? Like you have no reason to know for certain that Dongs is scum, so why can't you think Dongs is scum and also AR is scum? And why do you think Dongs is scum

My opinion on AR has nothing to do with dongs wtf are you talking about.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Tommunist posted:

My opinion on AR has nothing to do with dongs wtf are you talking about.

You said you wouldn't vote AR because dongs was scum.

Tommunist posted:

I'm in bed so I'm not gonna write an essay but I didn't want to vote AR because I thought (and still think) dongs is disgusting vomit scum.

Like this reads to me as the only reason you didn't want to vote AR is because you think dongs is scum, not because of any opinion you may hold on AR

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Anyhow om going back to sleep peace

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Actually I could see where you come to this conclusion. I guess I could sit on my hands and let us no lynch again, but I would rather play mafia.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
nn tomm

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait when you posted that I asked dongs to answer an already asked question and I was defending myself. Like if you said that now I could see it but back then flerp was controlling the conversation. What the hell are you talking about?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
how the hell was i controlling the conversation i was just answering your questions

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

flerp posted:

how the hell was i controlling the conversation i was just answering your questions

I was referring to you making that funny joke

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Honestly I don't think anyone is controlling the conversation, at least I don't think I'm forcing opinions on other people. I don't really have a big scum read (PD is pretty mild and everything I say can about PD easily be washed away). I'm genuinely trying to get reads on people and the best way for me historically to do that is see how they case me and plus I'm bored at work

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

So these people voted for AR
Klungar
Tea Party Crasher
Retro Futurist
jivjov
flerp
Your Personal Muse
Tommunist

These people voted for someone other than AR:
Hal Incandenza
JimsonTheBetrayer
dongsbot 9000
Paranoid Dude
Absurd Revolver
Quidnose

And these people didn't vote for anyone:
imgay
Li Dawny
peramene

Unfortunately, with the truancy in this thread (myself included) I don't particularly know how to judge the no lynch. Normally I'd think that a no lynch would indicate that AR would be scum, since the scum would not want to vote for their teammate and otherwise would want to kill town when given the opportunity. But I think this just falls to laziness/not realizing when the deadline was and that AR is town. I think you'll find the majority of the scum on the AR vote, I need to read more to figure out which way I'm leaning on that.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hey ar who did u watch?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Did AR just assume he's dead and isn't posting cuz of that

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

flerp posted:

hey ar who did u watch?

i did kind of assume i was dead and you guys were just gonna turbo me but i'm not so

i watched the dongsbutt

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tommunist posted:

I presumed that flerp had a power role ro back up his claim, this isn't an unusual thing to do retro.

You're right it's not unusual...FOR SCUM TO DO

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
This always helped me get my head on straight and I have to pay homage to the greatest mafia player of our generation. Also Klungar's player list is just a scroll away and I can just see everyone

LumpenList

Totally Town
Your Personal Muse

Fashionably Face
AR
Klungar
jivjov
dongsbot 9000
Retro Futurist

Naughtily Neutral
flerp (I think his play today was scummy but his response gave me a good feeling so its null)
Tommunist
Hal Incandenza
JimsonTheBetrayer

Haughty Heels
Paranoid Dude
Tea Party Crasher
imgay
Li Dawny
peramene
I think there are a few lurkers on the scum team

Seriously Scummy
NO ONE YET

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Retro Futurist posted:

You're right it's not unusual...FOR SCUM TO DO

Retro I did that I thought we were buddies :(

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Im leaning Tomm right now because his game is remarkably like Raman. He lurked for days but would fire off a few posts quickly to try and act like he's actually playing. But this could just be how he plays.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

Im leaning Tomm right now because his game is remarkably like Raman. He lurked for days but would fire off a few posts quickly to try and act like he's actually playing. But this could just be how he plays.

i played in raman?

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Tommunist posted:

i played in raman?

...we were scumbros.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Li Dawny posted:

...we were scumbros.

I'm 100% sure you're getting me mixed up with someone dawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

http://votefinder.org/player/tommunist

i can assure you i was never in raman

• Locked thread