Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the image in the second post?
A man's face
Butterfly
A koi
A dog
A small boat floating in a lake
Funyarinpa
View Results

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I mean if you expected more from the PC port, I don't know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Hurray, Amazon sent me the email and the 10 dollar credit. Now all they have to do now is SEND ME THE loving GAME.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I love the fact that (D Team, Transporter Room) aliens are loving canon now in Zero Escape.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes in the Transporter room trying to figure out how to progress and realized I was an idiot for not examining one of the central pieces of the room:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

I love the fact that (D Team, Transporter Room) aliens are loving canon now in Zero Escape.

(D Team, transporter room and aftermath)Personally I'm skeptical about that whole sequence. Sure it LOOKS like they've been transported to another timeline but with the whole way this facility is being run, that could easily have been faked. Something on that level of technology has never been hinted at so far in the series, so it would be weird for it to pop up now...

Note I haven't played far enough to get past the ends of that fragment so I have no idea what the truth really is.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 29, 2016

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I mean if you expected more from the PC port, I don't know what to tell you.

I actually expected less. I'm surprised that the game has been a completely smooth experience for me so far; for example there's good resolution support, switching between windowed/fullscreen is seamless and you can freely resize the window and everything (I've played until the end of one escape room). The mouse controls are fine but it also supports a controller flawlessly.

The textures and character models were obviously meant for a handheld game and not a big screen experience, and that's fine. Of course the PC version was an afterthought, but it still works beautifully.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

I am completely stuck in the D-Team Incineration Room. In the toolbox, what is the tool that is supposed to go into the top left corner? I've been moving everything around but can't seem to avoid those blue X's...

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I also need some aid in the C team, Rec room. I'm making a heart with the pieces, but no matter what control scheme I try, the pieces won't rotate. Like, I don't have a problem with figuring it out, I just cannot get the pieces to actually move.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 29, 2016

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."

Terper posted:

I also need some aid in the C team, Rec room. I'm making a heart with the pieces, but no matter what control scheme I try, the pieces won't rotate.

Just click/tap on the piece and it will rotate to the right. Keep clicking to get the rotation that you need.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Terper posted:

I also need some aid in the C team, Rec room. I'm making a heart with the pieces, but no matter what control scheme I try, the pieces won't rotate.

You have to tap them to turn them.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
argh gently caress i'm terrible at rush hour

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

e: OH GOD DAMMIT

disregard

I didn't realize you had to put them on top of the image to the left, I just tried to assemble it where the pieces were. Once I figured out where to actually put them, the puzzle was easy.

Terper fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 29, 2016

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Jon Irenicus posted:

I am completely stuck in the D-Team Incineration Room. In the toolbox, what is the tool that is supposed to go into the top left corner? I've been moving everything around but can't seem to avoid those blue X's...

I was retarded and didn't read the instructions for the puzzle when I did it. You don't actually need to avoid the Blue X's, every Red X needs to align up with a blue X, which makes it much easier to solve.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Okay, I'm fairly early into the game (I've made the first choice on all 3 teams), but I don't understand something -

During the team execution portion, after each fragment, it was just having me redo the fragments. After I did both forks of each of the 3 paths, it showed the C-team execution scene. Now, it is showing the full flow chart as well as it has a lit up Thumbs Up (all teams survived) and red lit up (C-team execution), but Q and D team executions are not lit up as I have not seen those scenes. I'm not sure if there was a scene for "Everyone survives" because I never saw a scene for it, but it is lit up as if I did. When I go back and play through any of those branches, it only shows the C team execution. It never shows the others. Why is this?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alright let's see if I can't get that posting fixes my problem magic again:

C team, reactor I can't find anything else to interact with. I need to heat up the room more to turn on the water. I lit the first heater, but the second one is "locked" with no indication of how to open it. I have matches, a freezing extinguisher, and a key mold. What am I missing?

E: God drat it I tried to put the mold in the heater before but I must have missed the right spot and it didn't work.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jun 29, 2016

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Mordiceius posted:

Okay, I'm fairly early into the game (I've made the first choice on all 3 teams), but I don't understand something -

During the team execution portion, after each fragment, it was just having me redo the fragments. After I did both forks of each of the 3 paths, it showed the C-team execution scene. Now, it is showing the full flow chart as well as it has a lit up Thumbs Up (all teams survived) and red lit up (C-team execution), but Q and D team executions are not lit up as I have not seen those scenes. I'm not sure if there was a scene for "Everyone survives" because I never saw a scene for it, but it is lit up as if I did. When I go back and play through any of those branches, it only shows the C team execution. It never shows the others. Why is this?

It changes based on which ones you actually pick. The three branches are currently set so that Q and D both voted for C. If you go back and change your choices in there, you'll get the other two scenes.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI

Baal posted:

I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes in the Transporter room trying to figure out how to progress and realized I was an idiot for not examining one of the central pieces of the room:

This but it was 40 minutes and I had to check a walkthrough to remind myself that literally the first thing I examined was in the room

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

There better not be a puzzle as bad as that heart recreation one. Jesus Christ.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It was easy, just start with the big pieces and :gitgud:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
loving hell D-team Manufacturing Is literally one of the most intense puzzle sessions I've ever had to do. Now I sort of get how bomb diffusers feel :f5:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

C-Team, post Reactor Akane: Wow Carlos, you too can use the Morphogenetic Fields to SHIFT! This is extremely important, and I'm going to tell you why...

First though let me expound at length on hit 1985 film Back to the Future

:allears:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

There better not be a puzzle as bad as that heart recreation one. Jesus Christ.

There's a similar one with Team Q but it's easier by a long shot. I solved it in couple minutes.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*fist pump* I got the VLR ending! Woooo!

Woooooo

woo

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Man that's a graphical shift.

Heh, the second Zero.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

More C team, post reactor: "X-Passes are set to their respective histories. X-Passes from alternate timelines are not applicable."

Well yeah guys, I coulda told you that... I tried using different X-Passes like that ages ago. :colbert:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I don't think I like the structure of this game.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Okay, I think I'm a dumbass but I'm stuck in the D team manufacturing room. The stun gun puzzle, the note doesn't seem to help? I start at the far left, go four over, go one to the left, ect. but I'm left over with one thing not-stunned and I keep failing?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

dmboogie posted:

Okay, I think I'm a dumbass but I'm stuck in the D team manufacturing room. The stun gun puzzle, the note doesn't seem to help? I start at the far left, go four over, go one to the left, ect. but I'm left over with one thing not-stunned and I keep failing?

I was confused at this too. Make sure you start by turning on the one on the left and then do the rest. Otherwise they don't all get turned on like you said.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

:stonk:

gently caress me, this game is bloody.

I love it :stonklol:

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

I was confused at this too. Make sure you start by turning on the one on the left and then do the rest. Otherwise they don't all get turned on like you said.

Oh goddammit. Thank you!

This is literally the first thing I ran into after the intro so I haven't gotten to any of the :catstare: moments yet, so now's my queue to get outta dodge again.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dammit, I want to play more of this game but stupid real life and work gets in the way.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This game is soaring to new heights of Zero Escapism

Uh by this point it's hard to mark these tags so don't read this until you're well into smashing plot locks:

D Team, late game: In Zero Escape land even pillow talk involves discussion of time travel and multiple universes.

THIS GAME IS SO GOOD

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 30, 2016

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
CQD-END:1I just won the game on the first choice, Zero let us go and nothing bad happened :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think I'm gonna go ahead and say at this point: ZTD > VLR > 999. It's been great so far.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I only have the Transporter Room left and then all the Force Quit stuff that popped up. Part of me is wondering if I should be as mentally lost with this games plot as I am.

Like I get who the characters are but I've completely lost what's going on

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hey so I could use some help for people who have either finished the game or cleared D-Team stuff.

So I made it to a fragment where Sigma and Diana get to a yellow door. It's telling me to input a password, but I don't know it yet. The problem is that the game will not let me leave this fragment. No option to switch teams, the entire flowchart is blacked out except for this part, and I can't even alternate out if I go backwards on the fragment. And even if I back out of not submitting a password, I'll be taken right back to the team select with no option to switch.

So can someone tell me how to get this password? I'm ASSUMING it must be between these two fragments from the Transporter to the Locker room but even after retreading I can't seem to find anything. I'm basically stuck not playing the game until I figure this out.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Hey so I could use some help for people who have either finished the game or cleared D-Team stuff.

So I made it to a fragment where Sigma and Diana get to a yellow door. It's telling me to input a password, but I don't know it yet. The problem is that the game will not let me leave this fragment. No option to switch teams, the entire flowchart is blacked out except for this part, and I can't even alternate out if I go backwards on the fragment. And even if I back out of not submitting a password, I'll be taken right back to the team select with no option to switch.

So can someone tell me how to get this password? I'm ASSUMING it must be between these two fragments from the Transporter to the Locker room but even after retreading I can't seem to find anything. I'm basically stuck not playing the game until I figure this out.

That's... weird. You should absolutely be able to select another path. Getting past that door requires you to do a ton more stuff, I've only just reached it now.

Wait I think I know Have you done the other side of the transporter yet? The ones who got left behind? The game might lock you to D-Team until you do both of those stories.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
For some reason my game isn't launching. The config thing will, but the game proper just refuses. This sucks.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Regy Rusty posted:

That's... weird. You should absolutely be able to select another path. Getting past that door requires you to do a ton more stuff, I've only just reached it now.
Then I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I tried inserting wrong passwords, backing out entirely, going to early cinematic stuff on other routes to try and transfer from there. Even went back to the transporter route and picked the Game Over end. Nothing I do is letting me go backwards to the full fragment board. And I didn't make any back-up saves so I can't even go back to a point before I began this route.

This must be some kind of glitch with the plot locks, because I'm completely unable to get out using the usual means and the exclamation point isn't even displaying a proper lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

lotus circle posted:

Then I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I tried inserting wrong passwords, backing out entirely, going to early cinematic stuff on other routes to try and transfer from there. Even went back to the transporter route and picked the Game Over end. Nothing I do is letting me go backwards to the full fragment board. And I didn't make any back-up saves so I can't even go back to a point before I began this route.

This must be some kind of glitch with the plot locks, because I'm completely unable to get out using the usual means and the exclamation point isn't even displaying a proper lock.

Check my edit. If that's not it, take a screenshot of your flowchart if possible.

I'm pretty sure you're just missing something, but I'm not sure what.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 30, 2016

• Locked thread