Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I have blocks with Blocknews, Astraweb, Newsgroupdirect, NextGenNews, and usenet.farm. Paired with SunnyUsenet and FrugalUsenet unlimited plans. It's overkill, between them I pretty much am immune to takedowns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Ok. Quick sanity check. If I'm running Sonarr, have NZBGet and Deluge in there as downloads, it should be OK to do post-processing once a download is complete? It seems like when it comes to stuff in Deluge, it just never bothers post-processing anything.

Edit: Actually, it's doing it to NZBGet stuff too. 1 file was downloaded last night. It's still sitting in the downloads folder.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000
Is anybody having trouble with nzb.su results in Sonarr? It seems like starting last week, all of my results are coming up empty. If I add and remove nzb.su as an indexer, I can get a results list on the very first search, but every search after that just says "no results found."

Edit: It looks like whenever Sonarr tries to download NZBs from nzb.su, there is an HTTP GET error in the log. After it happens once, every search from then on says it is "searching 0 indexers." I don't know if nzb.su tweaked their API and Sonarr isn't caught up yet or what.

-Dethstryk- fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 27, 2016

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro

Irritated Goat posted:

Ok. Quick sanity check. If I'm running Sonarr, have NZBGet and Deluge in there as downloads, it should be OK to do post-processing once a download is complete? It seems like when it comes to stuff in Deluge, it just never bothers post-processing anything.

Edit: Actually, it's doing it to NZBGet stuff too. 1 file was downloaded last night. It's still sitting in the downloads folder.
Check the activity section of Sonarr. It may not have postprocessed for one reason or another, and you can do a manual import. The red exclamation mark icon should explain why Sonarr didn't process it.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

wolffenstein posted:

Check the activity section of Sonarr. It may not have postprocessed for one reason or another, and you can do a manual import. The red exclamation mark icon should explain why Sonarr didn't process it.

Ah ok. I see what it is. It's Deluge being a piece of poo poo. I guess it's time to run another client that doesn't crash every few hours in tandem until I can move stuff over.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder
I abandoned sabnzbd for nzbget at some point, because my tendency to zoom =175% websites totally broke any of the themes I tried. My bad for not submitting a bug, but it looks like someone else noticed, because everything works beautifully with default Glitter, now. Mobile use of Glitter is likewise a joy. Great work sabnzbd crew. And the sys load line at the top is cool.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I'm thinking of ditching my old setup, which was SickBeard+SABnzbd+PyTivo and setting up Plex on a Raspberry Pi. Has anyone here tried this? For me it has to be something I can access via the TiVo homescreen (like I can with Plex now). Or is there a better TiVo+Raspberry Pi option?

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Smeep posted:

I'm thinking of ditching my old setup, which was SickBeard+SABnzbd+PyTivo and setting up Plex on a Raspberry Pi. Has anyone here tried this? For me it has to be something I can access via the TiVo homescreen (like I can with Plex now). Or is there a better TiVo+Raspberry Pi option?

Plex will not be able to take over Sickbeard or SABnzbd's workloads, neither will the Raspberry Pi be able to transcode anything on-the-fly or in any kind of useful amount of time. I can't imagine this project going very well.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Keito posted:

Plex will not be able to take over Sickbeard or SABnzbd's workloads, neither will the Raspberry Pi be able to transcode anything on-the-fly or in any kind of useful amount of time. I can't imagine this project going very well.

Bummer. Thanks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've used a Pi as a plex client to some success, but I wouldn't want to run the server side on it.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
What can people personally recommend for an indexer? I've been using nzbcat at the suggestion of a friend of mine but it hasn't been reliable as of late.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Beobeobeo posted:

What can people personally recommend for an indexer? I've been using nzbcat at the suggestion of a friend of mine but it hasn't been reliable as of late.

nzb.su, nzbs.org, oznzb (fast release grabbing but not as screened as some other indexers), pfmonkey, miatrix, nzbgeek are all good. Drunken Slug is free and decent. Dognzb is still good, but their new premium schedule is pretty garbage - that said, I got a year or two of free premium from an admin, so I can't complain.

SymmetryrtemmyS fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jul 1, 2016

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Beobeobeo posted:

It takes some work to get an invite, but pfmonkey has been great. I added it to Sonarr and it filled in all my missing shows overnight.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Yeah, it's proving to be difficult to get invites right now. I'll give nzbgeek a shot tonight and see how it works out. Thanks a lot, guys.

Something Awesome
Feb 14, 2007
i mean awful
Can someone who runs their own instance on newznab chime in on disk requirements? I recall it being around ~100gb...is my memory correct?

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
loving hell. Is there anyway to prevent my backup block account getting smashed if my primary (Astraweb) goes down? I'm assuming that's what happened as nzbget shows huge spikes on two specific days.

I have the block account on a lower priority than Astraweb US/EU.

B-Nasty
May 25, 2005

bigis posted:

loving hell. Is there anyway to prevent my backup block account getting smashed if my primary (Astraweb) goes down? I'm assuming that's what happened as nzbget shows huge spikes on two specific days.

In NZBGet, it doesn't appear so. I would really like better controls for server processing as well. Maybe something that allows jobs to be paused if they result in pulling more than X MB/GB from a particular server. I've had certain jobs pull largely from my (more expensive) backups, when I probably would've just canceled it if I knew that.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I use a fill server from Usenet.farm that sits between Supernews and Blocknews (real backup) to sort of prevent this. It works out that Blocknews does most of the backfills for old files while Usenet.farm/Supernews take care of recent stuff. Not ideal but it was super cheap for a 1TB block on sale.

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
I also use the XSUsenet free account prioritized between my giganews and block account to help a bit. It's slow as gently caress but can't beat the price.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Would it happen again in sabnzbd if I mark it as a backup account? I don't know what the logic is but it should be able to tell the difference between articles missing and server down.

Edit: This suggests sabnzbd wouldn't use a backup server if the primary is unavailable. https://sabnzbd.org/wiki/configuration/0.7/servers

bigis fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 9, 2016

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Does anyone have any experience of setting up SickBeard with SABnzbd on OpenMediaVault?
I have both of the plugins installed and purchased a chunk from blocknews, I followed a few online tutorials, set up SickBeard with the API key from SABnzbd and added my blocknews account, I can pick things of interest which appear in SickBeard for example I currently have "2 (1 active) | 0 / 26 downloaded" however if I load up the SABnzbd tab there is nothing happening, I checked the logs and cannot find anything in there either.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

Vier posted:

Does anyone have any experience of setting up SickBeard with SABnzbd on OpenMediaVault?
I have both of the plugins installed and purchased a chunk from blocknews, I followed a few online tutorials, set up SickBeard with the API key from SABnzbd and added my blocknews account, I can pick things of interest which appear in SickBeard for example I currently have "2 (1 active) | 0 / 26 downloaded" however if I load up the SABnzbd tab there is nothing happening, I checked the logs and cannot find anything in there either.

Sickbeard doesn't default to setting already aired episodes of new shows as 'wanted', check the show pages

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Keito posted:

Sickbeard doesn't default to setting already aired episodes of new shows as 'wanted', check the show pages

Yep that's it, thank you.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
You might want to consider Sonarr over Sickbeard. It has some really nice features, and the interface is definitely superior IMO. Give it a look and see how you like it.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Regular Sickbeard is basically abandoned at this point, isn't it? The manual release selection feature in Sonarr is nice, but besides that I'm not aware of anything not also covered in SickRage, which is a good alternative if you don't have or want .NET/Mono.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

Keito posted:

Regular Sickbeard is basically abandoned at this point, isn't it? The manual release selection feature in Sonarr is nice, but besides that I'm not aware of anything not also covered in SickRage, which is a good alternative if you don't have or want .NET/Mono.

SharkRage is the newest fork, I think?

ILikeVoltron
May 17, 2003

I <3 spyderbyte!

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I read about how sickbeard is dead all over the place but my install has been chugging along for ~4 years now and I regularly add new shows. I do not want to go through having to migrate to sonarr when I replace that NAS though :(

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

wouldn't you just need to replace the currently airing shows that you track in sonarr, or does sickbeard have some kind of player/streaming integration as well? for what it's worth Sonarr picked up the stuff I have on my hard drive pretty effortlessly - anything that didn't follow the folder and naming system went into a folder to be scanned and renamed and everything that was already close to the right format got picked up straight away.

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ILikeVoltron posted:

I read about how sickbeard is dead all over the place but my install has been chugging along for ~4 years now and I regularly add new shows. I do not want to go through having to migrate to sonarr when I replace that NAS though :(

Although it's been forever since I switched, I'm pretty sure sonarr supports scanning the filesystem to add shows. The transition is super easy, join us :effortless:

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

ILikeVoltron posted:

Unlike [Sick|Shark][beard|Rage], Sonarr requires almost no setup and is really easy to migrate to. It'll take you ten minutes at most, and that's only if you have a bunch of indexers.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Is there yet another fork I'm unaware of, or are you mixing the shark logo into the software name?

ILikeVoltron posted:

SB's dead as in not receiving updates. The program still works, but you're missing out on failed download handling, XEM integration, UI improvements, mostly working anime support, more robust quality profiles, and probably lots of others features that have been developed in SickRage. Was torrent support a thing in SB? I can't remember at this point, but if not then that too.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Unlike [Sick|Shark][beard|Rage], Sonarr requires almost no setup and is really easy to migrate to. It'll take you ten minutes at most, and that's only if you have a bunch of indexers.
How so? You're going to have to configure the same things for both softwares so there shouldn't be any huge difference in setup time or difficulty.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I think he means migration from SB/SR To Sonarr is quick because it scans your existing library to create the series list.

I switched from sabnzbd + nzb.su's my shows RSS feed to nzbget + sonarr for a week on my media player (raspberry pi 3 running kodi) and sonarr was just too heavy for such a lightweight machine and while it was a pretty interface to search for series and stuff it didn't have enough benefit for me to use it over RSS feeds. I am sticking with nzbget though. It's much lighter weight than sabnzbd and on the raspberry pi file transfers over ssl are much faster.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Quick Sonarr question. I've been having issues with completed downloads being processed. I believe it's because Sonarr is running on a different machine but how would I set it up when Sonarr is on Machine A and my download clients and files are on Machine B? I see the remote path mapping section but there's technically not a local path.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Having a bit of a familiar postprocessing issue with Sickbeard but i can't remember how to fix it or what to google for the solution.

Basically, it moves the files/folders from the 'download' directory to the 'TV' directory, where it then renames and moves the specific file to the appropriate folder. The problem is that it leaves the original downloaded folder in that directory too. As in there's:

[showname]
[showname-720p-words-blahblah]

It used to delete it, but for some reason has stopped. I've got the 'keep original files' box unchecked in sickbeard's post processing config, so i'm not sure what else i'm missing.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

I'm not a Usenet power user and currently use DogNZB's series and movie managers where I select what I want to watch and eventually a release then finds its way into the RSS feed where SABNZBD will then pick it up and download it. Now that lifetime subscription is running out and I wonder if I should buy a shirt or sign up elsewhere. I'm quite happy that my setup is so hands off and I'm not sure series and movie managers are standard features. Any recs?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
You can accomplish the same thing using CouchPotatoe and Sonarr. It will still use DOGnzb for indexing, as well as any other indexers you add

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

And the benefit of doing so is that you're not tied to a specific indexer when that indexer increases it's prices or disappears or whatever.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

My dogzb subscription just ran out and I can confirm that watchlists are not a standard feature and will require VIP. Like others have said, you're better off setting up CP and Sonarr.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
My friend help setup a new server for me and I'm having some problems playing files once they download. I'll try to give as much info as possible.

The server is running FreeNAS but is just used for storage. The Intel NUC which is my HTPC handles Sonarr, SABnzbd, and Plex. I'm trying to watch files either through Plex or through VLC on my desktop.

When trying to watch something in VLC, it almost always dies if I try to click ahead in the episode. Sometimes I'll discover this just trying to watch it from the beginning and it will stop. Sometimes these shows that don't work though will play just fine in Plex. I can click ahead and it works. I've tried copying the file directly to the desktop to remove any network issues and it still won't play.

My two questions: why would they play in one but not the other? And why is SAB and Sonarr saying these files are downloaded and complete when they don't actually work? It's really annoying to think I'm going to watch something and then have it stop 20 minutes in. One of these things is happening with just about every episode downloaded.

(I've only tried one movie with CP and it downloaded first try and plays back fine through everything.)

edit: here are some more details. We had the server at my friend's house and we weren't having these issues. Thought maybe it was my network then, but as I mentioned above, copying a file from the NAS to my desktop and trying doesn't play through either. There is also another server in my house that is setup in the same way as the NUC (ubuntu server), but is also the file storage unlike my NAS and that has no problems with any files. It also uses the same newsgroup and indexer.

Yesterday a file downloaded, processed, and played in both VLC and Plex. We decided to turn off the processing script from SAB to Sonarr for another file and the file played in VLC, so then we processed it and it no longer played in VLC. This makes me think the script is bad, but the same script was running on my setup but just at my friend's house and it ran perfectly fine countless times. He has his own setup that is the exact same with the NAS + NUC, but his NUC doesn't have Kodi running on it. One thing that is odd is that my Kodi is using ~84% of the CPU and I haven't even configured it yet to scan a library.

edit2: I just tried watching that episode that I said played in both and now it plays in neither. How would something like that happen?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Do you know for sure your NUC has good RAM and disk? I'm wondering if your playback device has a hardware failure that is causing the issue, rather than you NAS storage?