Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I think they could reduce casualties from mass shootings by legalizing automatic weapons, because the idiots would probably use them in full auto mode and put like 80% of their rounds into walls and ceilings

and be out of ammunition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

4outof5 posted:

and be out of ammunition

And then die with a huge grin on their face

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

various cheeses posted:

And then die with a huge grin on their face

Gun ranges love full auto rental customers they have that same stupid grin on there face everytime while they flush hundreds of dollars down the toilet....in .22lr xD

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

phasmid posted:

If your plan is to agitate me so much that I want to shoot guns, my hat goes off to you. Btw although you can buy assault rifles in America, I'm pretty sure your claim that they are "fully automatic" is incorrect. My understanding is that it is a felony to possess a full auto.

It's a felony to possess a full auto as a regular citizen made after 1986. It's perfectly legal to possess one (albeit with a huge price tag, $200 tax stamp, and 8 month wait) made and registered with the ATF before 1986. America is awesome.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

All guns should be legal to own and carry, but the ammunition should be changed so that like 1 out of 20 rounds are actually explosive charges powerful enough to destroy the gun and the hands of the person wielding it. If you make you own ammo, you have to take it to the local gun shop and they'll run it through a sorter and add in the rigged bullets. If you have a muzzle loader, then you are a true gentleman and can do anything you want, up to and including dueling in the street.

This is a good temporary measure until we can bring more killbots online to roam the streets of our great country and randomly execute our citizens so we can maintain violence levels and still take away all out guns.

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

I like the way this guy thinks.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

I'd rather we continue to do nothing & enjoy the benefits

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

John Denver Hoxha posted:

I think they could reduce casualties from mass shootings by relegalizing automatic weapons (besides the whole tax stamp and 1986 registry making every gun $10k plus thing), because the idiots would probably use them in full auto mode and put like 80% of their rounds into walls and ceilings

It won't be fun until powered exoskeletons + a M134 minigun is a reality.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Sancho posted:

I'd rather we continue to do nothing & enjoy the benefits

well I think we can end the thread here.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKGZnB41_e4

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Actually, I shouldn't say 'take away all guns' because I think even with killbots, we should still be able to carry flintlock pistols and duel in the street because there will doubtlessly arise occasions in which one must satisfy one's honor oneself and it would besmirch one's honor to have to call the robotic death squad.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

its pretty rad to be white

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Minimalist Program posted:

Hm, that's weird because in the US it's actually normal for people to walk around with assault rifles in public.

Mine is a military highpower sniper assault rifle. (with shoulder thing that goes up)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Cartouche posted:

Mine is a military highpower sniper assault rifle. (with shoulder thing that goes up)

That's messed up to me, but to an american it is perfectly normal.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

4outof5 posted:

well I think we can end the thread here.

I'm just too lazy to write gun confiscation/legislation fanfic today I guess

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
lol the democratic party talking points bots are getting confused and copy pasting the same things.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

lol half the policeforce showed up

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

SelenicMartian posted:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/houston-police-officers-shoot-kill-gun-wielding-man/

Seems like a novel way to commit suicide

"Houston Police Department officials say the shooting happened about 12:40 a.m. Saturday, when officers saw a man with a revolver standing in the road. Police say after officers asked the man to put down the gun, he instead pointed the revolver in the air, then at the officers. The officers then fired numerous times.

Spokeswoman Jodi Silva told CBS News the officers were "fearing for their lives.""

suicide by cop isnt novel at all, it's pretty common

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

It's a true fact.

Americans bring their guns to dinner in restaurants, all the time.

In the US it's normal to bring a gun to your child's wedding, and show it to the priest.

yes it is.

You try too hard. It would be funny were it not so pathetic.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I wonder if open carry enthusiasts have like cliques based on your weapon choice.

Like, do the AR-15 people not like associating with the AKs?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Zzulu posted:

lol half the policeforce showed up

wanna guess how long he would have lived if a pregnant women + another guy wasnt there recording the whole thing?

i have a pretty good guess. oh and the part where they casually strolled up with an attack dog too, lmao

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Who doesn't like a good AK?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

4outof5 posted:

lol the democratic party talking points bots are getting confused and copy pasting the same things.

How did Hillary and Trump respond to the shootings - I haven't been paying attention

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

How did you go from clever troll to not so subtle parody of yourself so quickly?

EugeneJ posted:

How did Hillary and Trump respond to the shootings - I haven't been paying attention

They did good.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

speng31b posted:

No it's not surprising. Even here in Texas where it's very popular to be in support of nearly unrestricted gun rights, it's still weird to walk around a grocery store or a mall with a long gun. It's self evidently loving weird if you even think about it for a second. Lots of people in gun rights states support the political ideas there, but relatively few would walk around in public with a gun themselves. It's sort of like the people who hate the idea of taxing the rich because someday they might be rich even though they're dirt poor now. A lot of people want the rights to do something they'd absolutely never loving do and would be actively freaked out by someone else doing in proximity. This is the prevailing attitude in Texas.

Its like southerners are loving stupid or something.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

EugeneJ posted:

Trump was all like "blame black people!" and Hillary was all like "blame white people!", but as usual, the truth is somewhere in between (grey people)

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Will you please go away?

I asked nicely like a genteel European person, as such it is my hope that you acquiesce.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

spouse posted:

How did you go from clever troll to not so subtle parody of yourself so quickly?

I got bored and people got way too mad at me.

Chief McHeath posted:

Will you please go away?

Yes!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

spouse posted:

It's a felony to possess a full auto as a regular citizen made after 1986. It's perfectly legal to possess one (albeit with a huge price tag, $200 tax stamp, and 8 month wait) made and registered with the ATF before 1986. America is awesome.
Wow. That surprises me. So do the same laws state by state apply to a pre-1986 fully automatic assault weapon? Is it legal to carry in "open carry" states?

I live in the Midwest and despite what a lot of coastal folks/Europeans might think, people who open carry guns are largely viewed as repugnant in cities. Many businesses won't allow people to bring their weapons indoors and there's a general consensus that it's creepy and downright hostile. Nobody wants a pedicure at the OK Corral (or a shootout at the Golden Corral).

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

phasmid posted:

Wow. That surprises me. So do the same laws state by state apply to a pre-1986 fully automatic assault weapon? Is it legal to carry in "open carry" states?

I live in the Midwest and despite what a lot of coastal folks/Europeans might think, people who open carry guns are largely viewed as repugnant in cities. Many businesses won't allow people to bring their weapons indoors and there's a general consensus that it's creepy and downright hostile. Nobody wants a pedicure at the OK Corral (or a shootout at the Golden Corral).

States are currently free to legislate whether or not their citizens may or may not own machine guns. I don't know if there are laws against open carry, i'd advise against it, not only because an automatic is inherently more dangerous should something go wrong, but that they generally cost $15,000 or more to procure.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

phasmid posted:

Well of course I mean poo poo holes like Illinois, New York, and California do exist, but even in these places if you have your correctly classed FFL (which is usually only about $3000 + $500 every 3 years for destructive devices by the way) you're more or less golden but you're inviting a lot of scrutiny into your life.

4outof5 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 9, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

open carrying is fine, what's dumb as gently caress is the people who leave their house strapped with the intention to exercise their right to open carry as an activity.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
everyone wants something to blame for societies ills. some dumb ppl think banning guns will be a panacea. other dumb ppl think shooting black folks will do it, and yet more dumb people think murdering cops will do it. everyones a dumbass the world sucks quit crying you little shits

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

Google Butt posted:

open carrying is fine, what's dumb as gently caress is the people who leave their house strapped with the intention to exercise their right to open carry as an activity.

Nah open carry is pretty dumb all the way around:
The people who do it
The police over reaction to it
The internet debate about it

There are much better ways to advocate for 2nd amendment rights without being a dick about it. It's the firearms equivalent of being a ICP fan.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

No don't!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I hate yankees posted:

is denmark the eurotrash country where white people hate themselves so much for being white that they shun white/white relationships because it's apparently triggering or oppressive or problematic or some other variation of being a little bitch?

I want to know what country this is

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

The Bananana posted:

I want to know what country this is

I think it's Sweden actually

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

various cheeses posted:

I think it's Sweden actually

Do they speak English in Sweden?

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

Cephalectomy posted:

everyone wants something to blame for societies ills. some dumb ppl think banning guns will be a panacea. other dumb ppl think shooting black folks will do it, and yet more dumb people think murdering cops will do it. everyones a dumbass the world sucks quit crying you little shits

5/5 Go Hog Wild!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Cephalectomy posted:

please dont shoot up a school mr sadbrains

• Locked thread