Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Rorus Raz posted:

Jesse Jackson made comments about Obama "talking down" to black Americans like "their nuts were cut off" and that was a Thing.

Actually, wasn't it that he said he wanted to cut Obama's nuts off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jerusalem posted:

Something about this reads to me like that comic with the grotesquely ugly people (hilariously) over-expositioning ridiculous situations - like the guy throwing ninja stars at a happy dog while screaming,"THESE ARE NOT GOOD TIMES FOR YOU, DOG!"
That's Will Laren's stuff.

And of course:

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Drawn by A.B Frost. It ran in 1876.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cat Mattress posted:

And of course:

Haha yesss, thank you. I couldn't find them and typing "Ninja star dog comic" into Google filled me with dread.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the ol' spicy keychain

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Boogoose posted:

If the bull wins, does it get to spend the rest of its natural life in a field full of cows, all paid for by the toredo's life insurance? That only seems fair.

No, apparently if the bull kills the bull fighter both the bull and his mother are killed.
Not exactly a fair sport.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Who the gently caress are you?

e: for a very brief moment I thought this was, like, Tinsley breaking the fourth wall and tearing off that duck face to be like "hey kids, I'm here to rap with you face-to-face today about why you should shut the gently caress up and stop whining".

Vox Valentine fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 11, 2016

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Put that dialogue sticker back in the pile, you lazy character that I created!

No, not in the "I identify as" pile!

Not in the "shark" pile either!

Ugh, that's the "squirrel appreciation" pile! Wait, what is that doing out anyway? What are all these other stickers? Mallentines? New years predictions? Were you rooting around my winter dialogue stickers box?!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Christ. The point is there's a source of societal ills, and we CAN work on it if we don't ignore it.

Nowhere in the cartoon does it say anything can be fixed. Bad people just kind of pop out of the ether for no discernible reason.

What scandals has Hillary's presidential campaign had outside of Republican mole hills like Benghazi and e-mailgate? It seems kinda disingenuous to compare it to the Trumpster fire.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kajeesus posted:

What scandals has Hillary's presidential campaign had outside of Republican mole hills like Benghazi and e-mailgate? It seems kinda disingenuous to compare it to the Trumpster fire.

Benghazi. Plus the e-mails. Also if my memory isn't too fuzzy I think she blew up some bimbos she lured into Vince Foster's place using Cattle Futures? Not to mention Benghazi and the e-mails.

Edit: Ohhhhhhhhh it's a word filter and not an in-joke :doh:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kajeesus posted:

The key difference here is that the Trumpster fire contains a lot of garbage that mister cartoonist man agrees with, whereas the Hillary Scandal Business Complex is stuff that he can just hate freely without consequence in his mind

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

The key difference here is that the Trumpster fire contains a lot of garbage that mister cartoonist man agrees with, whereas the Hillary Scandal Business Complex is stuff that he can just hate freely without consequence in his mind

Note that he even put the announcement that there is a scandal in Trump's campaign at all in the mouth of his Official Liar.

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cat Mattress posted:

And of course:

I hadn't seen these before. They're great... but can they be PBF'ed into political cartoons? Ruined, basically.

I can't read what Trump's expression is meant to convey. He's humoring them at being on the book cover but at the limit of his patience and just wants to get it over with to check out whatever's other there on his right that he can't help but stare at

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

:neckbeard:

quote:

:o:

This is garbage and the guy who wrote this should be shot.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

KillerJunglist posted:

I think we know exactly what to blame here.

Ahahahahaha

It's funny because it's true.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

nobodyssweetheart posted:

I hadn't seen these before. They're great... but can they be PBF'ed into political cartoons? Ruined, basically.

I can't read what Trump's expression is meant to convey. He's humoring them at being on the book cover but at the limit of his patience and just wants to get it over with to check out whatever's other there on his right that he can't help but stare at

To quote John Oliver: smug, yet gassy

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

I hadn't seen these before. They're great... but can they be PBF'ed into political cartoons? Ruined, basically

AAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!! MY NOMINEE! MY NOMINEE IS RED HOT! VOTERS YOU RAT! YOU WEREN'T USING THE PRIMARY TO BAKE CRUZIES! YOU WERE HEATING MY BASE UP TO GIVE ME THE OL' ORANGE NOMINEE!

HOW COULD YOU GIVE YOUR OWN PARTY THE ORANGE NOMINEE DOMIVOTERS?!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
A good reason to vote for John McCain did not, and never would, exist. AGC.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

It looks like he's trying to sneak a fart out in an elevator but is acting a little too casual

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I thought Fox News was backing Trump's GOP opponents?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Kajeesus posted:

AAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!! MY NOMINEE! MY NOMINEE IS RED HOT! VOTERS YOU RAT! YOU WEREN'T USING THE PRIMARY TO BAKE CRUZIES! YOU WERE HEATING MY BASE UP TO GIVE ME THE OL' ORANGE NOMINEE!

HOW COULD YOU GIVE YOUR OWN PARTY THE ORANGE NOMINEE DOMIVOTERS?!

NO HILLARY NO! We are not playing 2016 ELECTION! I am trying to hit you with this EMAIL SCANDAL to DISCREDIT you! These are not fun times for you, HILLARY! These are dark times!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I love all these "Eagle is coming for Corby, he's doomed!" comics. Keep dreaming, Murdoch.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Zetsubou-san posted:

NO HILLARY NO! We are not playing 2016 ELECTION! I am trying to hit you with this EMAIL SCANDAL to DISCREDIT you! These are not fun times for you, HILLARY! These are dark times!

I thought Hillary was throwing Benghazi stars at Benghazi.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:sigh:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Eat a dick in Palestine, Yakov. The others can join you later.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jul 11, 2016

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Looks like we've got a new frontrunner for "Least Concealed Bigotry (Racism) in a Cartoon".

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

That's really fascinating to see, because this is so brazen in its racism that I'm pretty sure you'll find this again in textbooks from 2070 or something in the chapter about systemic racism in the early 21st century

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

You can make a case that the first two are wrong, but how on earth can you have that third word bubble in there? At long last, no decency, et cetera.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Took me three reads to notice the missing V. I was just agreeing until then. Because yeah, all three of those things are true. And Black Lives Matter.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My brain kept correcting "lies" to "lives" and I was really confused by how this was going to piss me off for a minute. Like I knew it would but it took a bit to actually see it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Took me three reads to notice the missing V. I was just agreeing until then. Because yeah, all three of those things are true. And Black Lives Matter.

Me too. I was wondering what the point was since it was just repeating BLM stuff with no commentary. Yeah that one is pretty blatant and not unlike some of the older stuff people post to show how accepted racism was in the past (like the MLK causing riots one).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wasn't Stiglich the one who made that Ferguson cartoon about how everyone was just rioting so they could steal poo poo, and one of his rioters was carrying a new box of printer toner or something with such a happy look on his face like it was the best day of his life that you just couldn't stay mad at that adorable li'l strawman :3:

e: found it, it was Baltimore not Ferguson

lovely cartoon but look at those happy rioters, just take all the toner you want :unsmith:

loquacius fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 11, 2016

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Is he in the middle of catching those paper towels?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

The Worst Bear posted:

I don't even know where to begin over how angry this makes me. Holy poo poo.

Guy is shouting at the planet for people to, presumably, stop killing. What about this makes you mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Guy is shouting at the planet for people to, presumably, stop killing. What about this makes you mad?

Did you notice the "All Lives Matter" button? Presumably, God is only yelling stop killing after the cops died, not when the black people were being executed in the street.

• Locked thread