Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

MadJackMcJack posted:

It's Steven Seagal, you'd try to melee him and find all of your joints dislocated.

I feel like Seagal would have a problem with the idea that any man would be capable of killing him, even a genetically engineered super-assassin. He basically thinks he is the characters he played in the movies in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Busey should have a bunch of custom animations for when he's doing Tai Chi on precarious ledges and/or when he crashes a motorcycle into the fountain in the main square.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Busey *needs* some custom dialogue where he babbles incoherently about some quasi-religious poo poo

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Zaphod42 posted:

Busey *needs* some custom dialogue where he babbles incoherently about some quasi-religious poo poo

Busey: *mumble*mumble*Church of Ascendants*mumble*

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm assuming since they went to the trouble of getting Busey that he'll have at least a few wacky things in his routine. If he just walks around like any other target that'll be a disappointment.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

I'm sure all they had to do was stick Busey in a sound booth for an hour and asked him to talk. The routine writes itself!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Zaphod42 posted:

RELEASE YOUR FEAR AGENT 47!

FEAR: False Evidence Appearing Real!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Oh wow, I was sure Busey would have been the target in the movie-set mini-assassination.

Maybe it'll be Jake Busey and papa Busey is his body guard.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Release notes for two Summer Bonus Episodes, and assorted fixes: https://hitman.com/en-gb/updates/release-notes-summer-bonus-episode

Notable changes:

Adjusted the design of the surveillance system so that all cameras are linked on a “global” system within the mission. All cameras are now connected to all recorders in a mission and if a player disables one recorder, all cameras no longer record 47.

Notable fixes:

Changes to how the ICA Remote Audio Distraction item functions. This item now attracts the attention of other characters only if is remotely activated, as intended. Previously, it would attract attention as soon as it was equipped. NPCs become suspicious of the device if 47 is carrying it or they discover it.

Fixed an issue where guards in the ‘hunting’ state would know exactly where 47 was located after a crime had been reported to them by a civilian. Now, guards will investigate the area where the civilian witnessed the crime, and not where 47 is currently located.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Jeoh posted:

Adjusted the design of the surveillance system so that all cameras are linked on a “global” system within the mission. All cameras are now connected to all recorders in a mission and if a player disables one recorder, all cameras no longer record 47.

Why would they do that??

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wait a second I just saw something in there that pisses me off. If I'm reading this right, I won't have access to these bonus episodes yet because I haven't bought the "Upgrade Pack"?

I've bought every bit of content they've put out on day one, but because I didn't buy their special Upgrade Pack I have to wait? gently caress that.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

Wait a second I just saw something in there that pisses me off. If I'm reading this right, I won't have access to these bonus episodes yet because I haven't bought the "Upgrade Pack"?

I've bought every bit of content they've put out on day one, but because I didn't buy their special Upgrade Pack I have to wait? gently caress that.

Yeah, this is loving dumb

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

StabMasterArson posted:

Yeah, this is loving dumb

They've been doing really, really well with this release model and haven't made any dumb decisions like this yet so its surprising to me. Why penalize people who've been buying everything you put out on day 1?

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

It's a bug, stuff hasn't been formally released yet https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/755385535552684032

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

You will have access. It's a more of question of "when". It seems they will do a second mission bonus and then do a pack together, and they will have the same price as a normal episode.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Turin Turambar posted:

You will have access. It's a more of question of "when". It seems they will do a second mission bonus and then do a pack together, and they will have the same price as a normal episode.

It's the "when" that bugs me. Its just been more economically viable for me to get the episodes as they release so it's a bit of a kick in the balls.

Also please let us have Gary Busey as an alt skin "suit" to wear please. cheers.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Turin Turambar posted:

I know I will have access eventually, but it annoys me that people who bought the upgrade pack have access today. I guess to date they've spent like $10 more than I have so they are considered more loyal customers?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Summer Episodes are up on PSN and its a whopping 8GB or so download, I've only finished the movie set one once but it was a lot of fun.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

I know I will have access eventually, but it annoys me that people who bought the upgrade pack have access today. I guess to date they've spent like $10 more than I have so they are considered more loyal customers?

It's to incentivize pre-order culture. It's not an incentive for giving more of your money, it's an incentive for giving your money without asking any questions.

Online stores straight up block you from buying the Season Pass if you have Episode 2 or beyond. Why? Did no one at Square Enix consider the possibility that people might be interested in Season Passes after trying a whole two episodes first? Of course they did. It's a punishment, simple as that.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tunahead posted:

It's to incentivize pre-order culture. It's not an incentive for giving more of your money, it's an incentive for giving your money without asking any questions.

Online stores straight up block you from buying the Season Pass if you have Episode 2 or beyond. Why? Did no one at Square Enix consider the possibility that people might be interested in Season Passes after trying a whole two episodes first? Of course they did. It's a punishment, simple as that.

Hahha well, I was going to ask if anyone knew if the "full package upgrade" would be cheaper for someone who has bought each chapter individually up to now. I guess not.

Pretty sure on the Xbone at least I've still been given the option to upgrade to the full deal.

gently caress, I might have to weigh up the pricing and see if I can justify buying the "full package" thing after picking up the last two chapters one by one. I want to play these new hits THAT much.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tunahead posted:

I can see that's what's going on now, but I really had bought in to the idea that this game wasn't going to go that route. I guess I'm naïve.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It seems it's out now on Steam.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

making that new mission only for pre-ordered people only is a shitwipe move. Absolutely no reason to do that to people who bought all the episodes so far; cautionary buying basically rewarded with a "gently caress you, wait 3 months"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chexoid posted:

https://twitter.com/Hitman/status/755054631387066370

I seriously can't wait to watch my friends play hitman so I can shout "Look, there's Gary Busey! KILL HIM!"

lol. I've never for a second regretted buying this incredible game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tunahead posted:

Well, its not a punishment, and no its not "as simple as that". Its because if you already own episode 2, buying the season pass is paying for things you already have. Its a huge waste of money. The season pass is only worth buying if you haven't bought stuff already. Otherwise you save all of like $5 total so buying a couple episodes AND the season pass makes no sense financially.

Its just them protecting themselves from some bozo buying it and then realizing they already owned part of it and asking for a refund. Too many refunds makes you look bad, and is a hassle.

That said, they really should offer to let anybody upgrade to the season pass at any time, and prorate the value based on how much of the episodes they've already sold you. That'd make a lot of sense, but would take some extra work, and certain storefronts like PSN and XBL may not even have features to support that, requiring them to create like a dozen different season passes with special permissions and poo poo. Easier to just say "buy ala carte if you didn't buy the season pass to start with"

Anyways, its just a temporary thing, right? As long as they sell the episodes a la carte as well later on then its all cool. Making it exclusive to the season pass would be really unfair though, since you can't buy in later if you change your mind.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

MinibarMatchman posted:

making that new mission only for pre-ordered people only is a shitwipe move. Absolutely no reason to do that to people who bought all the episodes so far; cautionary buying basically rewarded with a "gently caress you, wait 3 months"

I wouldn't mind if it was only for people who bought all three episodes, I'd understand that. But again, and I know I'm repeating myself, I've picked up every piece of content they've put out one day one. I can't figure out why I should be penalized for that.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Both missions seem cool enough, though more limited in scope than a normal mission, both in places you can go and in opportunities/unique stuff.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

Well, its not a punishment, and no its not "as simple as that". Its because if you already own episode 2, buying the season pass is paying for things you already have. Its a huge waste of money. The season pass is only worth buying if you haven't bought stuff already. Otherwise you save all of like $5 total so buying a couple episodes AND the season pass makes no sense financially.

The season pass is 40€. Episode 2 and Episode 3 are 8€ each. There are seven episodes, plus a bonus episode. That's 56€ with everything bought separately. Someone who bought both Episodes 2 and 3 separately for 16€ would still come out on top if they now bought the season pass, because it would still amount to the same price of 56€, except it would also let you play the summer bonus episode now instead of so much later they haven't even announced a date yet.

And if you only bought Episode 2 separately, that would actually be a 8€ gain.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Basebf555 posted:

I can see that's what's going on now, but I really had bought in to the idea that this game wasn't going to go that route. I guess I'm naïve.

I can see both sides of this. On the one hand, once the final episodic release schedule was nailed down, the game was advertised in such a way where you were promised six episodes, $15 for the intro plus 5 × $10 for the other five. Ultimately, that's what everyone is still going to get. They also mentioned no microtransactions and that all six episodes would be included in the purchase price. Again, that's still happening. They also were talking about having "all live content" available to those that bought the full experience or the upgrade pack. Assuming these bonus episodes fall under the live content banner, that's still true to their word—technically.

On the other hand, IO and Square Enix have been terrible at communicating the on-the-fly changes to the business and release models. People that made assumptions about what was all included with buying episodically vs. buying everything up front never had their misconceptions adequately clarified. Had the "bonus" episode schedule been advertised up front and made clear that it wouldn't (or couldn't) be immediately accessible for single-episode buyers, or if there were an easy option for people a few episodes in to buy the upgrade pack at a pro-rated price, there would be far, far less outrage.

I'm seeing here and there that a potential reason for the scattershot bonus episode releases and lack of buying options may have to do with the PS4 exclusivity deal SE made with Sony, in that it may be preventing IO from releasing things as it would like to. I don't know how much water that holds, but it is a fact that the PS4 version of the game has to be handled differently than the XB/PC versions and that could certainly be mucking things up in some way.

At the end of the day, I'm applying Hanlon's razor to all of this. Square Enix—or at the very least, IO—probably aren't being malicious and trying to squeeze every dollar out of us that they can with evil intentions. This AAA episodic thing is new to everyone, and there were bound to be gently caress-ups. I'm okay with living through these gently caress-ups if that means we get the best Hitman game ever, and these gently caress-ups are fixed for a Season 2 episodic release.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
So, in Sapienza by night, where are the car keys?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
If anything Square Enix is risking that people who would have bought these missions today will not be as into the game in a few months when they become accessible.

I'd gladly pay $5 or $10 for them today, but who knows maybe in 3 months some other game will be taking up my time and I won't be interested.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Pennfalath posted:

In the star's trailer since its his car. :v:

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Pennfalath posted:

Trailer. Have fun getting in.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Tunahead posted:

The season pass is 40€. Episode 2 and Episode 3 are 8€ each. There are seven episodes, plus a bonus episode. That's 56€ with everything bought separately. Someone who bought both Episodes 2 and 3 separately for 16€ would still come out on top if they now bought the season pass, because it would still amount to the same price of 56€, except it would also let you play the summer bonus episode now instead of so much later they haven't even announced a date yet.

And if you only bought Episode 2 separately, that would actually be a 8€ gain.

Well that's your special hell for living in euros land.

In USD it works the way I said.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Gonna intentionally bodge the Busey mission because I don't have it in my heart to harm a hair on that crazy bastard's digital head. It's McBain/Keys/Mr Joshua! It'd be like having a mission where you have to kill Bennett from Commando, you just don't have that right maaaaaan.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Judge Tesla posted:

In the star's trailer since its his car. :v:

Whelp, I feel stupid now! I had tried to enter it before, but they got immediately suspicious, and I forgot to check it out later/through the other route.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
I have to say that I am deeply, deeply disappointed that you can't wear the bulletproof suit. What the gently caress IO?

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Turin Turambar posted:

Why would they do that??

Cameras in Sapienza were all buggy. Removing tapes didn't work correctly.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Well that sucks about the bonus missions. I guess as long as I still break even at this point I'll get the upgrade, assuming they even get the servers running for me again.

I've tried to get back into this game since the last elusive target. I thought I'd head back in and unlock some of the achievements, but the servers are complete garbage and keep locking up. They really should have just made the campaign missions and achievements/unlocks offline, it would have saved them a lot of grief in the user reviews. I mean who cares if someone cheated to get all the unlocks? I just want to complete some challenges drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've not had any trouble with server stability at all.

Note that, unlike past elusive targets, the preview image for Busey shows him in a full run.