Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The guys' pecs are so exaggerated it looks like they have boobs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

muscles like this? posted:

Power Rangezirs

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Eh! Frank posted:

I just want to see what the Zords look like, as well as whatever monster(s) they use. That's the whole point of doing a Power Ranger movie, giant robots vs giant monsters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Bb6E4GxDY&t=195s

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Haha Jesus Christ. I am here to give you freedom! *punches in the face* *holds sword to throat* Now protect my family or die.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I couldn't get that far into the terrible, terrible movie and somehow it got even worse than the point where I couldn't take it anymore.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"You just wanna die for the guy. That's leadership. Or brainwashin or somethin."

"NO! That is Optimus Prime!!"

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Hopefully it's less like that and more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQLBgGwmmo

Although the actual robot-to-dinosaur transformation looks pretty cool in that clip, but yeesh, that dialogue is horrible and the fight is lame.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Eh! Frank posted:

I just want to see what the Zords look like, as well as whatever monster(s) they use. That's the whole point of doing a Power Ranger movie, giant robots vs giant monsters.

I'm in it for full frontal Bulk and Skull

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Anthony Hopkins is a touch better than Cushing

gently caress on outta here.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

ALFbrot posted:

I'm in it for full frontal Bulk and Skull

I'm disappointed that imdb doesn't have any actors listed for those roles. On the other hand, it reminded me of one other reason I'm actually interested in this movie: Bryan Cranston as Zordon

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eh! Frank posted:

Hopefully it's less like that and more like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiQLBgGwmmo

Although the actual robot-to-dinosaur transformation looks pretty cool in that clip, but yeesh, that dialogue is horrible and the fight is lame.

Geez I remember liking the main theme to this movie but it was scored loving terribly.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Samuel Clemens posted:

What's the best depiction of van Helsing that's not played by Peter Cushing?

mel brooks

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bring back old gbs posted:

Geez I remember liking the main theme to this movie but it was scored loving terribly.

Oh no you di'int.

grahf987
May 11, 2009

That's how progressive it is, everybody is stacked, Cranstons going to have DDs.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

What's the best depiction of van Helsing that's not played by Peter Cushing?

Edward Van Sloan of course.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Casimir Radon posted:

Just get Anthony Hopkins back.

She is

de devil's

CONCUBINE!

wahehey

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
What in the gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBdeE7mzED4

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Those Power Ranger costumes look like they would really hurt you if you got punched while wearing one.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

gently caress on outta here.

Hopkins is amazing, but I had forgotten how bad Keanu is in this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67ozonzKRQ

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

greatn posted:

Haha Jesus Christ. I am here to give you freedom! *punches in the face* *holds sword to throat* Now protect my family or die.

Donald Trump is going to transform into Optimus Prime live on stage tonight to the tune of "I'm the leader you always wanted, and needed ."

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

tbf if Trump came on stage to You've Got The Touch that's my vote right there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I saw the first Ghostbusters as a young adult and didn't see what all the fuss was about.

If I had to guess, most '80s kids have more of a connection to Ghostbusters due to the cartoon than the movie itself.
See also: the number of people that lose their goddamn minds over Ecto Cooler.

I'm not sure how well the cartoon holds up though as I haven't seen it in well over 25 years.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I was going to comment that's it ironic that Rutger Hauer has played multiple vampires but that he has never played Van Helsing, but a quick glance on IMDB reveals I have missed out on Dracula 3D from 2012. I'm sure it's incredible.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gender equality.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I've now seen five different ads for Star Trek: Beyond built around its "incredible score on Rotten Tomatoes"

When did this poo poo start?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

greatn posted:

To be fair "WE'RE GIVING YOU FREEDOM" is my favorite thing to shout just before punching someone in the face

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I've now seen five different ads for Star Trek: Beyond built around its "incredible score on Rotten Tomatoes"

It's been used on stickers on DVD packaging for at least five years.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That I've seen, but these were video ads on YouTube with nothing about the actual movie, just the Tomato score.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I haven't seen that specifically but it's pretty much the same as those bad TV spots that are nothing but a list of "4 STARS -someone you've never heard of" pull quotes.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Quoting the RT score isn't great but it's better than using Twitter pull quotes.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Quoting the RT score isn't great but it's better than using Twitter pull quotes.

Or rating it with emojis!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Gender equality.

Boobs for some, miniature American flags for others.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Iron Crowned posted:

Or rating it with emojis!

I refuse to believe that ever happened.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I refuse to believe that ever happened.

If it hasn't yet, it will. I sat through that terrible Shick "music video" once, and that was 5 minutes of cringeworthy actors imitating imojis

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Iron Crowned posted:

If it hasn't yet, it will. I sat through that terrible Shick "music video" once, and that was 5 minutes of cringeworthy actors imitating imojis

This played at a theater as one of those ads before the ads things. It really cemented my belief that I really didn't enjoy the theater experience vs. watching something at home.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

When people started using the RT score as a mark of something that mattered.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GrandpaPants posted:

This played at a theater as one of those ads before the ads things. It really cemented my belief that I really didn't enjoy the theater experience vs. watching something at home.

Yeah, same thing. I remember after every commercial, and Meghan Trainor's "No" video, they kept hyping it up. all I remember was them saying "your favorite emojis!"

I remember thinking "who the gently caress has favorite emojis?"

Sadly I really like the ghost emoji now :suicide:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I thought half the fun of this dying comedy forum was the crazy emojis.

:psyduck: is a favorite of mine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MonsieurChoc posted:

well yeah, but :treemike: isn't widely known

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

MonsieurChoc posted:

They'll always be emoticons to me. :corsair:

• Locked thread