Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

No. You'll never make it big with that attitude. Channel the :argh:!
And give up the silly text-based comments — you can't be a pro youtuber without screaming a lot.

I've got Eye Of The Tiger on full blast, I am looking myself in the eyes in a mirror and shouting at myself like that Lebouf dude

edit: Saddest youtube vid of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mXvW4xaGLY

I think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

I've got Eye Of The Tiger on full blast, I am looking myself in the eyes in a mirror and shouting at myself like that Lebouf dude

edit: Saddest youtube vid of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mXvW4xaGLY

I think so

Very appropriate.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Percelus posted:

come to think of it, i spent a week in the hospital after my appendix ruptured and they never bathed me. is it just something they do when a patient's odor becomes offensive?

Quoting and posting from 10 pages back.

Hospitals also run smegma mining operations, digging for crusty gold.

:barf: :vomarine: :tubular:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sabreseven posted:

Quoting and posting from 10 pages back.

Hospitals also run smegma mining operations, digging for crusty gold.

:barf: :vomarine: :tubular:

They should ask them to fix up the database

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah - it's hilarious that anyone at all is fooled by those screenshots and thinking any of that poo poo is in the actual game at this point.

Then again those same people probably believe things like E3 game presentation videos etc before seeing what the final products actually end up being.

Indeed.

I'm just going to post a comment I made on my blog

quote:

The most hilarious thing to me is that the backers – especially those paying a monthly subscription – get to find out more (and in some cases new) info about the project from a German mag. This despite the fact that they’ve had four anniversary AtV shows which had far less info. Meanwhile, in June when this interview and visit took place, Chris is doing interviews with the press instead of sharing info with the backers who gave him $117 million.

Aside from that, the Shitizens in the comments are the usual idiots. They are actually saying things that weren’t even written in the article! e.g. that Star Marine was playable by the mean. LOL!!

And others are trying to tie that German article to Gameranx Star Marine article. This despite the fact that nobody even knew about a German shill mag article before the past 24 hrs preceding the article.

They clearly missed the point of the Gameranx article, even though it’s right there.

And they’re talking as if SM coming back is somehow going to erase all the events that came before.

These guys are nuts.

And even if SM came back, how does that erase the croberts lies that came before?

The fact is that if SM does come back, it goes against everything croberts has said the last time he talked about it.

Also my guess is that they will probably bring it back for two reasons

1) liability issue since it was something they promised. now that State/Fed authorities are looking up their skirt, bring it back in all its ganky glory, alleviates that issue

2) the Star Citizen PU (Persistent Universe) is utter shite. they need something fresh to keep people playing. so SM is just another disconnected half-arse module like Arena Commander and which will be a short term deflecting tactic.

These two articles just show just how completely messed up the whole project is.

What’s bad for them is that there are so many fps shooters that only Spergs in sunk cost fallacy will be jumping up and down for a sub-par fps module that’s not connected to anything.

As I wrote a few weeks ago, there are different teams doing different prototyping. NONE of it connected to anything. The beauty of CryEngine and similar, is that you can do things like that in a controlled sandbox environment. That’s why even in the procedural planet demo that was shown to backers, they didn’t see any of the same transitions that gamers playing the PU go through. e.g. they didn’t start off in their bunk, go requisition an aircraft, go to a landing pad, take off, flying to a planet etc. That’s because NONE of that is connected to the current “game”. It’s all prototyping. The same thing they’ve done in the past and which never saw the light of day. e.g. Nyx was, what; eight months ago now? All those awesome Star Marine movies, over a year or more?

It’s all smoke and mirrors.

Toysrme
Nov 22, 2015
What the leader of the #2 org in the game (both combat performance and flight-time) thinks of Star Citizen since Feburary? 2 button missile spam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLSmDeU0IU

But ask CIG to disable missiles until fixed? Backers that don't fly would rather suffer through it...

#TypicalBackerLogic
Leave something in so CIG can record data on it... In August... Because they haven't recorded enough data since they broke it all in Feburary...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Toysrme posted:

What the leader of the #2 org in the game (both combat performance and flight-time) thinks of Star Citizen since Feburary? 2 button missile spam.

But ask CIG to disable missiles until fixed? Backers that don't fly would rather suffer through it...

#TypicalBackerLogic
Leave something in so CIG can record data on it... In August... Because they haven't recorded enough data since they broke it all in Feburary...

Agent_Mothman :allears:

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008

Toysrme posted:

#TypicalBackerLogic

Disabling tutorial: clear victory.

Disabling missiles: what are you retarded? broken things need to be tested

E: No wonder they keep this awful pre-alpha funding going, they're testing the disabled.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Cut the poo poo. He's answering your questions and discussing his point of view, a view in defense of CIG backed up by his attempts at evidence. This is what you guys have been asking for. Don't want to see his posts? Ignore him.

LMOA!! My brain BSODed at ----> evidence

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

That's only one year's worth of promises, so multiply that list by a factor of 3 or 4 and you'll be in the ball park. When Chris talked about the 'docking tech' feature he actually said it was the very next thing that a specific named developer would be working on - that was last year. The whole thing is a joke.

Every item on that list was explicitly stated by Chris Roberts to be on its way, and those 10FTC videos used to get coverage in the games press too - not any more. INN reported all these as promised features too - they stopped doing that a while ago.

And now! The 10FTC videos have seemingly stopped altogether - and what happened next? The funding chart tanked.

People have been paying for dreams, and some of them are still stuck in fantasy land. CIG have now stopped dangling these promises in front of people, has no one else noticed this? They KNOW internally that they cannot deliver this stuff.

So what did CIG do next? They get a German gaming site to do their dirty work for them, here's another bunch of promises guys, go get your dreams.

^this

And the hilarious part is that note even the backers on a monthly sub, knew any of this stuff.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The most hilarious part of their bullshit claim? Most of the material in the article already appeared in my blog, and in Gorf's effort port.

So yeah, I'd go pay someone else to write my stuff. I guess this must be their new version of "that's a Derek Smart alt". Any news article that comes out now, I must have paid for.

I can't wait to see their reaction when the English version of the LEVEL article appears in one of the largest publications. They're going cream themselves.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Toysrme posted:

#TypicalBackerLogic

Star Citizen - Your enjoyment is irrelevant

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

D_Smart posted:

The most hilarious part of their bullshit claim? Most of the material in the article already appeared in my blog, and in Gorf's effort port.

So yeah, I'd go pay someone else to write my stuff. I guess this must be their new version of "that's a Derek Smart alt". Any news article that comes out now, I must have paid for.

I can't wait to see their reaction when the English version of the LEVEL article appears in one of the largest publications. They're going cream themselves.

Derek, should I be getting my cheques twice a month now or are we still on the weekly schedule? I only ask as I didn't get my payment last week and I've been hitting those media reports really hard with FUD as well as downvoting as much as I can (still can't get the stupid bot working).

If you want me to be involved in the next stage of your campaign you're gonna have to front up some cash so that I can buy the 200 sim cards required.

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jul 24, 2016

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlike Lazrin, I actually have a better idea to both of your points, but can't discuss either with you because 1) I just cannot and 2) you can suck my oval office. This is an SC thread, not a bin laden one.

wow rood

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlike Lazrin, I actually have a better idea to both of your points, but can't discuss either with you because 1) I just cannot and 2) you can suck my oval office. This is an SC thread, not a bin laden one.

Why do you hate Lazrin so much?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

his nibs posted:

has anyone said that's him in the hospital wheelchair yet?

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/757347623565193216

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

Why do you hate Lazrin so much?

Because Lazrin is Derek; MoMA is toast — they fight crime don't particularly get along.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ManofManyAliases posted:

Unlike Lazrin, I actually have a better idea to both of your points, but can't discuss either with you because 1) I'm a piece of poo poo.

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

apparently there's a bar citizen meet up happening in florida... will you attend, derrick?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/327906/usa-florida-tbd/

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
:eyepop:

e:

Thoatse fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jul 24, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Lazrin posted:

apparently there's a bar citizen meet up happening in florida... will you attend, derrick?

Look, we all make ben-is-fat jokes, but suggesting that he needs ship-mounted cargo lifting equipment to move around is just silly.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

quote:

Of course they haven't been showing any Procedurally Generated Planets because of the upcoming Games Con.
They will still add another month with polish on it from what PC Gamer saw probably some time ago.

Glad Star Marine is back in the open.
Can't remember who started making it, but they hosed it up so much CIG had to spend a year fixing it.
~$2500 backer :laffo:

Also whoever called it an obscure German gaming mag a few pages ago, it's one of two (the other is GameStar which is also frequently shilling for Clown Emporium Games, not sure what it is with Germans and this game) large German language gaming magazines, it's not some small time shill outfit getting in the spotlight all of a sudden.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Derrick Smoog

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

orcane posted:

Also whoever called it an obscure German gaming mag a few pages ago, it's one of two (the other is GameStar which is also frequently shilling for Clown Emporium Games, not sure what it is with Germans and this game) large German language gaming magazines, it's not some small time shill outfit getting in the spotlight all of a sudden.

Yeah, but. Driv3rgate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxEQOv2g0JA

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah just saying it's not some niche magazine getting on the shill train, like some people not familiar with German gaming publications might assume.

They may have been on it for a while with or without being paid for anything (I only read their hardware section occasionally, so I don't know whether they've been SC fanboys for a while or just after/for getting this exclusive interview/tour).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Lazrin posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/327906/usa-florida-tbd/

Nope. I tend to be very selective of the people I share personal space with.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

reddit bending over backwards to shout about how obesity isn't involved with a higher risk of sepsis events

:psypop:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

D_Smart posted:

I like how they suggested you wasted a bunch of money paying off the writer and magazine for that Gameranx article. Beyond the fact that it wouldn't even be necessary, as though nobody could criticize the project without being paid off, I couldn't imagine it costing more than a grand even if they were paid. Then the first comments on the article were about how the writer obviously didn't research anything, and didn't know what he was talking about, yet the article was sourced to such an extent that I found the source links to be exhausting, even as someone who has read this entire thread.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I think Lazrin is this guy:

https://twitter.com/iq_derek

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

D_Smart posted:

Nope. I tend to be very selective of the people I share personal space with.

You're on something awful, though

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

reddit bending over backwards to shout about how obesity isn't involved with a higher risk of sepsis events

:psypop:

Given the population, you'd think they'd have large enough a statistical sample to be better informed.

Granted, I suppose they could always claim that it isn't obesity as such (depending on your definition), but rather other factors that coincide with obesity… or some such.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

orcane posted:

Aren't all gaming magazines obscure at this point?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Also these new asteroid pictures are awesome, I can't wait to fly my spergmobile to that lifeless rock to do nothing at all

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ben lesnick and his scrotal inflation made me feel physically unwell

great job, thread

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

You know, if CIG runs out of money and is forced to release star citizen with dwarf fortress graphics in order to live up to the promised features, i would totally play that.

Urist Catdancing cancels harvesting space weed, interrupted by T-pose.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
he was probably just happy to see us

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Lazrin posted:

let's start new

you call this a comedy forum but it's clear that many of the posts are much deeper-seeded than that. there are efforts and cares all over the place here.

why is your leader on a crusade for something that doesn't effect him? why do you join him?

i'm guessing we all love the promise of what star citizen could be... if it fails and crashes or comes out and takes over the world, who cares what others are doing with their money and time online?

Trying to avoid the kneejerk "gently caress off!" response.

I, for one, only jumped in for shits and giggles, frankly. I was all for SC, and then slowly changed as the game itself slowly changed. Changed from what seemed to be an honest, if somewhat naive, dream, to a machine seemingly devised to steadily milk money out of what appears to be people with real psychological issues on an ongoing basis while providing nothing but Minimal Viable Product on all fronts.

Why do I care? A couple of quotes say it better than I can.

"No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main."
- John Donne

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."
- Edmund Burke

Yeah, there's a lot more evil things in the world, but, you know, maybe some of us are picking a fight we think we might be able to sway, if not win. A lot of people here talk about picking the wrong hill to die on. Perhaps we are trying to pick a hill we DON'T have to die on.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

Given the population, you'd think they'd have large enough a statistical sample to be better informed.

Granted, I suppose they could always claim that it isn't obesity as such (depending on your definition), but rather other factors that coincide with obesity… or some such.

But that study supports the claim that morbid obesity is associated with increased risk of sepsis!

quote:

In this study obesity was associated with increased risk of future sepsis. WC was a better predictor of sepsis risk than BMI. Weight reduction or the control of its sequelae may provide options for sepsis risk prediction, mitigation or prevention.

:negative:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Lazrin posted:

let's start new

you call this a comedy forum but it's clear that many of the posts are much deeper-seeded than that. there are efforts and cares all over the place here.

why is your leader on a crusade for something that doesn't effect him? why do you join him?

i'm guessing we all love the promise of what star citizen could be... if it fails and crashes or comes out and takes over the world, who cares what others are doing with their money and time online?
We didn't join him, he joined us you daft oval office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

But that study supports the claim that morbid obesity is associated with increased risk of sepsis!

:negative:

But waist circumference was shown to offer a much higher degree of association and furthermore

• Locked thread