Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Uhhh no it's a crew served, so POPS

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Dusters and quad-50s giving hell to a guy who kept showing up in the night and popping off a handful of AK rounds into a US base, then running off. They aren't sure they killed him, but found blood the next morning, and he never came back.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

mlmp08 posted:

Dusters and quad-50s giving hell to a guy who kept showing up in the night and popping off a handful of AK rounds into a US base, then running off. They aren't sure they killed him, but found blood the next morning, and he never came back.

this is what democracy looks like

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

:flashfap:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

iyaayas01 posted:

"without major repercussions" in the real world...yes. But busting threshold values means an APB breach, and that means bigwig PEOs have to go explain why they screwed up. So I am confident that they will be formally declaring IOC before the end of the year, even if the aircraft itself wouldn't be deployed in combat until well after 3F is fielded a couple years down the road.

Missing milestones, budgets, and timetables have happened so often in this program the PEOs probably have reserved seats in the front row. But you're definitely right that it will be a non-factor for deployments either way...even if actually met IOC standards when they declare IOC, it wouldn't deploy yet.

Edit:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Missing milestones, budgets, and timetables have happened so often in this program the PEOs probably have reserved seats in the front row. But you're definitely right that it will be a non-factor for deployments either way...even if actually met IOC standards when they declare IOC, it wouldn't deploy yet.

True, but they haven't had a breach yet on the revised 2012 APB (except for a relatively minor RDT&E one on the engine in the first year that was due to an accounting error). Formally busting threshold value for schedule on the "new" APB would be a fairly significant deal I think because it would be a major black eye for the program since the 2012 APB is supposed to be the "no seriously guys, we've worked out the kinks and everything is on schedule now, no fakesies" baseline. Even if there's no way the system is ready to deploy yet (i.e., USMC last year), it's a lot easier to hand-wave away the bad press in that scenario than it is if you are staring at a black and white APB schedule breach.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Ah, I didn't realize there was a new roadmap. That makes sense.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Ah, I didn't realize there was a new roadmap. That makes sense.

lol under the original plan in 2001 they were supposed to have declared IOC for all three variants like by 2010 and be in FRP by 2012, under the first formally approved APB in 2007 they were supposed to declare IOC in 2012 and be in FRP by 2015. So yeah, saying they've rebaselined is putting it mildly.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i love this so much :allears:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

I can't stop laughing goddamn :lol:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
mopping in a storm sounds very marine

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded posted:

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ded posted:

lol was just about to post that very picture

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
:gunny: SWAB THAT DECK MARINE
pfc - its raining gunny
:gunny: I SAID SWAB THAT GOD drat DECK MARINE

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ded posted:

:gunny: SWAB THAT DECK MARINE
pfc - its raining gunny
:gunny: I SAID SWAB THAT GOD drat DECK MARINE

I once heard a Lieutenant explain to a LCpl the very nature of the NCO/non-NCO relationship

"They don't assign poo poo to you because they want it done, they just hate you and want to see if they can kill you with banality"

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

A gun wagon was actually captured by ISIS from the US backed New Syrian Army recently

More details on what else they captured here.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Please tell me that you put tracking devices on that before you give it away? :effort:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Stellar Curiosity posted:

Please tell me that you put tracking devices on that before you give it away? :effort:

You wouldn't get me in that thing with all the airplanes flying around blowing stuff the gently caress up.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
We're just giving away trucks full of .50s now?? gently caress, I want one.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Now they don't even have to put effort into death blossom

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
WWAHD?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

ded posted:

WWAHD?

:perfect:

Kind of want to see this as a velcro morale patch

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://vine.co/v/5Zdr5EJXP9T

:holymoley:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you're supposed to spin in place

edit: the tank that is

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

ghetto wormhole posted:

You wouldn't get me in that thing with all the airplanes flying around blowing stuff the gently caress up.

lol yeah I fully expect to see that thing on a Pred/Reaper Greatest Hits compilation within the next month

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFuhy5z1DUc

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Smart EFP cluster bomb? It's not doing the fwoosh spin rocket thing BLU-108 does, and they are going off pretty high, what the gently caress is that?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Intel5 posted:

Smart EFP cluster bomb? It's not doing the fwoosh spin rocket thing BLU-108 does, and they are going off pretty high, what the gently caress is that?

I thought those had a parachute delayed stage before they launched the skeet things out? Also are there vehicles in the area? I didn't see any in the video but they could be behind the wall.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Intel5 posted:

It sounds weird and pissed off, whatever it is

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

It sounds weird and pissed off, whatever it is

That's loving terrifying, is what it is. At the end its moving closer.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Probably SPBE cluster bombs, they're devices that are dropped on parachutes which fire rockets out of them, something Russia introduced to the conflict when they started bombing
https://www.hrw.org/news/2015/10/10/syria-new-russian-made-cluster-munition-reported

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
Ours is arguably more terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg9uoI8RQKc

And just to remind everyone that we are the good guys, they even leave lil parachutes for the kids to pay with.

The Orgasm Sanction fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Aug 1, 2016

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Should be the next GMC ad

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Can't wait for the liveleak video of that truck doing a backflip.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
Is that... it looks bigger than a 90mm, is that a 115mm gun?

Edit: found it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_mm_howitzer_2A18_(D-30)

Diabeesting fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 1, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Munnin The Crab posted:

Is that... it looks bigger than a 90mm, is that a 115mm gun?

Edit: found it, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/122_mm_howitzer_2A18_(D-30)

the hilarious thing is the Syrian conversion of this gun utilizes the hull of a T-34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I imagine the parking break doesn't stand a loving chance when that thing fires.