Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
It was hallucinogenic, and Nyaa is drawing a whole stick figure landscape for out trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Toughy posted:

Did we choke on the caterpillar and die?
We did, didn't we😑
Sorry, i got too excited for making poison roll the return of the Paradise Lost thread, and i figure it's better to combine it with next week report. Should be up tonight.

Wentley posted:

It was hallucinogenic, and Nyaa is drawing a whole stick figure landscape for out trip.
WHERE MY HORSE :horse:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You stare at the dead caterpillar in the bowl of noodle and slowly raise your head toward the tough adult who is towering ahead of with you the face of the god of war. He became silent as your hand reach into the soup and pick up that caterpillar. Its hairy legs brush eerily against your fingers. He gasps as you put the caterpillar… Into your mouth… And chew it.

Confident: 26

The soft bodies of the caterpillar slides slowly in your tongue aided by your saliva and you can feel the pieces of its broken body part bleed its awful stretches of odor despite how small it is.

You swallowed it without much difficulty since you were still a beggar a year ago and you had eaten worse in your tragic early life. A caterpillar? That’s a good meal to fill the belly.

Turning back to the man who can’t appreciate Food, you say to him, “You must be mistaken sir, it is actually a noodle the shaped like caterpillar.”

“Y-you-“ The man wants to argues with his finger pointing hesitantly at you, but you continues your offense with an offer for another bowl, Because. You. Don’t. Do. Refund.

The sweating man grit his teeth in frustration and leave.

You have a brief daydream that you can't remember. Not much progress for noodle this week.
-------------------------

You told Uncle Liu about the incident when he asked if there’s anything interesting happened today. He became concerned when you told him you ate the caterpillar and suggest taking you to a local doctor to check for poison.

You rarely ever go outside at late hour. The street is empty, and road is wide and quiet. The sounds of you and Uncle Liu’s footstep is the only noise echoing in this lonely night with minimal lighting. Despite the solitary surrounding, you feel safe with Uncle Liu around and you continue your tale of the epic standoff with that man as you two walks to the local medicine house and the herbalist prescribed some antidote to you just in case. Uncle Liu became more concerned as the story goes on and urges you to not risk yourself against dangerous individual. He doesn’t want you to get hurt for a simple refund. It’s not worth the risk or for the sake of principle on such minor trifle.Still, it reliefs him (with some concern) that you can stands up for yourself.

You are gradually becoming more aware of Uncle Liu’s movement as you two return home. He is an old, old man who have a somewhat frail constitute body, but healthy enoughto walk all the way home without heavy breathing. Will he fall over one day in the middle of a walk as his life expired? Would he simply pass away like your father without saying farewell? These stray thoughts and concerns that will slowly grow stronger behind your mind as time passed by. You held his hand tighter and wishes this warm and ringed hand will be there with you for a bit longer.

---------------------------------------

Late January

Morning

This week’s focus in your school is the art of Calligraphy. Again, Professor Bei is reviewing the basic in case anyone has missed any crucial steps on how to write properly, and beautifully explained to end each stroke like a snake. It doesn’t take long for the meme of the snake to take hold of the class’ imagination again as each stoke of the character looks like a wiggling snake. You briefly wondered if the next subject will… Oh, of course it would. The next subject would be painting. You suspect there will be a lots of snakes to be drawn next week in class.

-------------------------------
You gave up your search in the school’s collection and decided it is best to let Uncle Liu handle this.

“Your time is much better spend playing Go with Liu Foil”, as Li Foil said last week after placing down a stone on his near-checkmate snake. So you invite him to have another go at Go.

"What?" He replies, "Go is so last week. We are all trying to write character to look the most like snake now." He did a final exaggerated sign-off gesture to finish the last stroke of the character's tail to look like a snake tail. It does look like a snake.

You joined in and compete with the rest of the class to draw snake on character (to the slight frowning of Professor Bei). Again, you come out above average in the class and having close tie with Li Foil until the inkwell went dry. It was pretty fun and you think your hand and finger are more flexible than before.

-------------------------------
Noon

This week, you and Baba maintain Air Squat (扎马) in position like you are riding a horse or sitting on air with your leg spread square. That feat alone is difficult to maintain, and holding two small bucket filled with water is just plain murderous. Mantis explains that you two can do this now because the legs is now flexible enough to bend comfortably low... Especially for Baba. Needless to say, this training is really tough and Baba has been begging to rest for the hundred time before Mantis let him rest.

Your legs are very sore by the end of the hour, but you feel so much lighter without caring those buckets of water. Poor Baba keep mumbling "So Beautiful" to himself over and over as his training continues for who know how long. You want to be there for Baba, to cheer him on, but you got a noodle job waiting for you.

----------------------------------------

After Nood left for the day and you took over the noodle stand, you are once again interrupted from your noodle experiment by a well-mannered scholar who called you over to complaint that your noodle is lacking Love and politely demand a refund... What? You ask him what does he mean by that and he frown deeply at your reply before explaining with a poem:

"Ten years, I have draw apart noodle of good and bad.
I don't try to remember the flavor of absent love,
But forgetting is hard like an uncaring chef,
Lonely string that span a thousand miles off,
Cold thoughts of let alone noodle, how can I eat them out?

Even if we met again, you wouldn't know the sour taste,
Dough powder on my face,
Noodle like frost,

In a dream last night suddenly I was rudely awakened,
By the noodle of this little bowl,
You were cooking this noodle.

You turned and looked, not speaking,
only lines of tears coursing down.

Year after year will it break my heart?
The moonlit soup,
The stubby noodle."

He took out a handkerchief to wipe a tear off his eye.

... How would you deal with this?
A) Apologize and pay him back his silver or a new bowl of noodle.
B) Apologize but won’t pay him back anything.
C) Don’t apologize and debate your love of noodle to this man.
D) Admit you are not pouring enough love into your noodle and refund.
E) Ignore this crazy man.
F) Write-in

--------------------------------
[Teahouse event halted until prior event resolved]

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 4, 2016

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

C

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
F

Let him prove he loves noodle more than us! We will challenge him to a poetry/noodle cooking contest. We'll both cook noodles and recite our noodle love poems to the audience, and they will decide who loves noodle more. If he defeats us we will give him a refund and become his apprentice. If we defeat him, he will apologize for insulting our unfailing love of noodles and buy a seafood noodle soup for the next 20 customers.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C

Nyaa posted:

Because. You. Don’t. Do. Refund.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Mr. Prokosch posted:

F

Let him prove he loves noodle more than us! We will challenge him to a poetry/noodle cooking contest. We'll both cook noodles and recite our noodle love poems to the audience, and they will decide who loves noodle more. If he defeats us we will give him a refund and become his apprentice. If we defeat him, he will apologize for insulting our unfailing love of noodles and buy a seafood noodle soup for the next 20 customers.
F, Plan Prokosch. Although it'd be hard to find time to be his apprentice with all our other classes and training, unless he's willing to come here to the noodle stand and make it a practical, hands-on kind of instruction. Either that or we put the noodle stand on hold while we learn how to make superior poetry noodles.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

HBar posted:

F, Plan Prokosch. Although it'd be hard to find time to be his apprentice with all our other classes and training, unless he's willing to come here to the noodle stand and make it a practical, hands-on kind of instruction. Either that or we put the noodle stand on hold while we learn how to make superior poetry noodles.

Yeah I assume we quit our noodle job in shame if we lose

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012

Mr. Prokosch posted:

F

This.

We're working, so we can't just stop, but a poetry noodle-off is good advertising!

Also, RIP sweet caterpillar, you live on in our dreams, and gut.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

Mr. Prokosch posted:

F

This. How much Joss do we have left in the tank? We should probably use some to grease the old dice-wheels.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Slightly Lions posted:

This. How much Joss do we have left in the tank? We should probably use some to grease the old dice-wheels.
5 good 2 bad plus 9 either. You can only use one joss per turn at your current rank.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
C

Many oodles of noodles I've kneaded for Nood
a thousand lǐ of dough for his clients
though for most of my life, I've pleaded for food
a beggar was I without parents

though stringy and dry was the lot of my life
as I toiled my fathers grave with a shovel
though my destiny under heaven was one of much strife
I still shared my bounty of noodle

if from all my hardships but one thing I have learned
with noodles as with our life earthbound
all our achievements, they have to be earned
so it is simple: I Do Not Do Refund.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
What do you see when you look in the bowl?
A meal free with the skill of your tongue?
You move your lips, scoff at the labor of a boy

Ha! I am learned, my tongue is silver,
who can stand before my skill?
a child, a peasant, this hoi polloi?

But I, I am unlike you, learned sir.
When I look into the bowl . . .
LO! The world.

My master, who taught me his way
My father, honor to his name
past my eyes swirled.

The noodle: kneaded with the arms
that wielded the burial shovel.

The broth: a fusion of spices, sauces, soy
like the elements that come together in a man
. . . a boy

THIS IS LIFE!
This soup, you scoff, you spit, you deride!
The collaboration of will, of skill and pride!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

This scholar doesn’t look poor, yet he spent so much effort on his tongue for a noodle bowl that’s worth less than that? He has to be here to challenge you, and you must defend your noodle with your own poetry:

Wentley posted:

What do you see when you look in the bowl?
A meal free with the skill of your tongue?
You move your lips, scoff at the labor of a boy

Ha! I am learned, my tongue is silver,
who can stand before my skill?
a child, a peasant, this hoi polloi?

But I, I am unlike you, learned sir.
When I look into the bowl . . .
LO! The world.

My master, who taught me his way
My father, honor to his name
past my eyes swirled.

The noodle: kneaded with the arms
that wielded the burial shovel.

The broth: a fusion of spices, sauces, soy
like the elements that come together in a man
. . . a boy

THIS IS LIFE!
This soup, you scoff, you spit, you deride!
The collaboration of will, of skill and pride!

The man’s expression darkens. “I came for your reputation of performing poetry while making noodle.” He points his finger at your cooking table, “Yet, here I found is you playing shapes with dough and making subpar poetry whisper to those poor doughs.” He slams down another 5 silvers on the table. “I came here for love of noodle that I heard, and yet you stand in front of me with your tongue leakingfoul silvers!” He slides the silver to your side and orders, “Pour your life in the next bowl as you said! Show meThe Bowl of YOUR LIFE!”

His unexpected wrath surprised you. His attitude is most rude even if he is right! All bets are off! You take the silvers. Challenge accepted.If he wants a show, you will give him one! After wiping your cooking tool clean, you stand on your dough table with intense focus, and you begin pouring your feelings into the dough:

Swedish Thaumocracy posted:

Many oodles of noodles I've kneaded for Nood
a thousand lǐ of dough for his clients
though for most of my life, I've pleaded for food
a beggar was I without parents

As you sing the poetry of your life into the mold that is in your hand, the dough takes shape as your life flashes back once more…

though stringy and dry was the lot of my life
as I toiled my fathers grave with a shovel
though my destiny under heaven was one of much strife
I still shared my bounty of noodle
The sorrow of your past year, the hardship you endured for your father…

if from all my hardships but one thing I have learned
with noodles as with our life earthbound
all our achievements, they have to be earned
This noodle you made with your experience of the past…

So it is simple: I Do Not Do Refund.
You declared with absolute confidence at the best performance you ever put into your noodle.

Perform: 27 + 5 (Poem specialization) + 5 (skill rank) + 5 (Good poems bonus) = 42 (Memorable)

Your performance is admirable. You are sure that you poured all your tragedy love into this noodle.

Crafting: 26+5 (Noodle specialization) + 5 (skill rank) = 36 (Hard)

But deep down, you knew your noodle isn’t on par with your silver tongue. The ingredients aren’t the freshest and best, your tool are crude with many years of uncared usage, nor is your limited skill learned from a street noodle chef. Wow, you are getting pretty depressed by your own poem!

But! You knew you can make it better, if you were to mold the dough with your chi technique before, it can reinvigorate the dough into the best earthen dough straight from the very earth!

Did you make the dough better?
A) No my dish is good enough, and I shouldn’t perform the chi technique on the dough like last time.
B) DO IT! YOUR NOODLE PRIDE DEPENDS ON IT!
C) USE MORE CHI TO PUSH THIS DOUGH TO ANOTHER LEVEL!
D) MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! EVERYTHING I GOT INTO NOOOOOOOOOODDDDDLEEEEE!
E) Write-in.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
B MOUNTAIN AND SKY NOODLE STRETCHING TECHNIQUE

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
(Just checking, did we promise not to?)

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

A

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Wentley posted:

(Just checking, did we promise not to?)

Yeah, since we have a teacher, would we be breaking our oath by using Chi now?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

E+spend a chivalrous joss. The dough is part of the performance! Any chef can make a great noodle from great dough, that's easy. But it takes talent and determination to make a great noodle from poor dough. Just like it takes talent and determination to rise from a poor beggar child to become something greater. When the cooking is done there is no more dough, only the noodle remains. Try your bowl. Has it transcended its humble origins?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah, since we have a teacher, would we be breaking our oath by using Chi now?
Your oath promise is to a street doctor who asked you not to do this. Yes, this would break it.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 5, 2016

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

HBar posted:

E+spend a chivalrous joss. The dough is part of the performance! Any chef can make a great noodle from great dough, that's easy. But it takes talent and determination to make a great noodle from poor dough. Just like it takes talent and determination to rise from a poor beggar child to become something greater. When the cooking is done there is no more dough, only the noodle remains. Try your bowl. Has it transcended its humble origins?

This^

A+Joss
. Filial Child keeps his oaths!

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

HBar posted:

+1

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Okay, then I'm with HBar. Spend the joss!

Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

HBar posted:

This is a good alternative.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

HBar posted:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

HBar posted:

This is a good idea

Nyaa I love how you incorporate what we suggest into the narrative, it really elevates the story to another level.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Nyaa I love how you incorporate what we suggest into the narrative, it really elevates the story to another level.
That's true. The event changes whenever i read a new post. Everyone's post matters even if it's a random one about pushing Li Foil off the boat. It is also how the game system work too - The player buy a lore/fame/kung fu, and we walk a journey to reach it. You are guaranteed to get what you purchased.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

HBar posted:

EAT OUR NOODLE, DOES IT SATISFY YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You paused for a moment to resist the desperate act that crossed your mind. It's true, your experience of making noodle tells you that a chi-infused dough could produce some amazing result, but you make a promise to the doctor. It is the first promise you ever make in your life. If you can't even keep the first promise you make, how could you do so for the second?

You resume kneading the dough. Is there no better way to mold out its tastiness? Your semi-visible hand grips at the thinning dough as if trying to grasp something from within the dough. You found none.

Maybe... You can improvise in other area? Yes, you will work harder on the performance. The cooking process is part of the performance after! It is what the scholar wanted! What is cooked food if it doesn't look good!

Crafting: 26+5 (Noodle specialization) + 5 (skill rank) = 36 (Hard)

You switched back to punching that dough like how Nood taught you. Having much more strength and stamina than last year, your punching performance is getting close to your noodle master, and you certainly would have satisfied the usual audience. You hastily cut up the dough with style after the good beating and spread the string of dough circularly into the cooking pot while you sung the poetry with gusto and maximum feeling of your life thus far.

Perform: 27 + 5 (Poem specialization) + 5 (skill rank) + 5 (Good poems bonus) = 42 (Memorable)

You finishes up your bowl of Sea Food Noodle Soup with careful placement of the shrimp and veggies. The dish looks amazing, as if the shrimp is still alive and swimming through sea of greenery. It reminds you of the sea that experienced last year.

Scholar's Confident Defense: 33 (Hard)

The scholar watches the whole performance without making a voice. He clapped a little while your show is over. When he sees your bowl of Sea Food Noodle Soup, you can tell his mind was sent to the sea trip that you experience. After a while, he finally hold up the chopstick and sipped the noodle.

Tears drift its trail down the scholar cheek. He glance at you and back at the noodle soup. He chucked sadly and stood up to leave without taking a second bite.

You call out to him to ask him what's wrong.

The man stop in his stroll and stare at the heaven. He sung:

"A blessed child with skill and grace.
A cursed child who knows no love.
His cooking is good.
His noodle is good.
He experienced many tragedies.
Yet barely experienced love.
His heart only knows sadness.
His noodle only knows bitterness."

He left.

----------------------
That night, you told Uncle Liu of what had occurred. He comforts you and told you that your noodle is excellence and he loves you. You too, admit that you love Uncle Liu a lot. Maybe more than your...

Memories of your father flashes back. He is a kind, yet stern father who did his best to raise you. The time you spend traveling with your father is certainly more than Uncle Liu, and you know your father loves you too. Would it be filial to love your second father more than your father who gave up his life to prepare you for this world? Is the brief amount of time you spend with both father enough to be called love? You know you can't say that your love for Uncle Liu is stronger than your father... Yet, but you know you are doing the right thing to be with him for whatever time he has left.

The scholar said you are cursed, but you want to retort to him that you are actually blessed to have two wonderful fathers.

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A life with sorrow in it doesn't mean one is cursed. Through overcoming adversity, and accepting the pain the world brings, one becomes stronger. Will, character, and compassion are not built through a life of ease.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh dang. I hope we'll be able to work out more of our complex feelings via cooking and martial arts showdowns.

:qq:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

---------------------------------
End of January
Morning
The last week of January in class is as predicted, refining everyone’s painting skill. Professor Bei shows a few sample of minimalistic ink-art flower and landscape painting. The class all draws snake instead.

Before you even started painting, Li Foil walks over and unscroll a painting of a white snake. He says, “Here, Filial Child, I drawn this for you as a gift.” He reveals a smirk, “Now you own me a better gift.” You understood that he is reminding you nicely(?) of your promise to give him an awesome gift.

You…
A) Accept and offer equivalent reciprocal gift for the painting.
B) Accept the gift and promise to upgrade your promised gift.
C) Accept and start working on the awesome gift.
D) Argues it is not a gift
E) Argues it is not good enough as a gift
F) Accept but promise nothing
G) Refuse the gift
H) Write-in

-------------------------------------
[ Event with Li Foil pending for reply ]

Noon

You learned from these two weeks’ lesson in Confucianism class that Confucianists concern themselves with finding the “truth” of every situation. They value the ability to assess their surroundings and identify the relationships at play, so they may act correctly and observe propriety at all times.

This means that a virtuous person acts with reserved curiosity, showing humility in all things. To assume too much could cause you to misjudge and thus treat people improperly, which would make you a source of chaos!
-----------------------------------

More air squat. One more half-filled bucket on head to hone our sense of balance. Mantis constantly adjust our neck to makes sure the weight goes straight down to the body. He mostly just adjusts yours since Baba’s big neck has mostly merged with his shoulder. It’s still torturous regardless of the adjustment, but you endured the hour and leave with soring legs.

Evening

You told Nood about the last customer and he is surprised by such an odd and rude customer. He will stay tonight just in case the man came back and he will give him a good lecture about noodle etiquette.

The man didn’t come back, but a Street Daoist did complaint to Nood about the Feng Shui placement of the noodle is bad and request a new bowl with the shrimp occupied the north side of the soup and the veggies at the south while the noodle separating them like the Great Wall. Oh, and the heaviest patterns of the bowl should be facing East with the chopstick on top pointing to the West.

Nood is in awe with this weird demand and tell him to do it himself, but the man explains it had to be the chef to do it for Feng Shui reason. UltimatelyNood agree to it if the customer will pay two extra silvers for it. The Taoist ask why the extra cost and Nood ask him back, “Do you want your Feng Shui or not?” The man reluctantly paid the extra.

That was… Educational?

You spent the rest of the hour showing Nood the other method of making the dough to noodle. He don’t find it interesting and feels his cut method is more superior and easier.

----------------------------------------
Later that night in the teahouse, Uncle Liu was also dumbfounded by the weirdness of the noodle request. He turns it into a good discussion topic about different kind of people in the world, each with their own reason to live, and their drive in life. It’s best to go with the flow if they are harmless;more so if they are willing to pay for it; especially if you can gain something from it.

------------------------------------------

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
C, we're getting to it, man!

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C

Come on dude. Trust!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
C Yeah we really should at least look into what we're going to do for that great gift we promised them.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

You accept Li Foil’s painting as you told him you are getting on it. He smiles gleefully and replies, “Good. I look forward to see what the Filial Child can deliver.”

You have no idea what you are getting for him. Absolutely no idea, but you are going to get to it.

Early February
Morning

The class goes back to musical practice with the qin, and this time you are taught to play simple melody repeatedly in sync with the class until everyone is in perfect sync. It’s very easy to hear someone went off notes, but thankfully everyone is able to catch up with each other’s pacing and passed the synergy test after a few dozen attempts in the week. You don’t think the class can pull it off if it’s something more complex.

Since you decided to work on finding a gift for Li Foil, you will use the free hour in the morning to do that instead of hanging with Li Foil.

How should you proceed? Pick Two
A) Ask Li Foil mother of what he likes
B) Ask Li Foil what he likes
C) Ask [name] what he likes
D) Cook him noodle
E) Buy something super expensive with your gold
F) Give up and return his portion of gold
G) Write-in.

----------------------------
Noon

This week, Professor Beiexplains to the class the basisof a perfect gentleman accompany with exemplary stories and tales.

“A perfect gentleman has many characteristics. They can live with poverty; they do more and speaks less; they are loyal, obedient and knowledgeable; they discipline themselves; And among all, kindness if the core of becoming a perfect gentleman.”

“By contrast, a petty person does not grasp the value of virtues and seeks only immediate gain. They are egotistic and does not consider the consequences of his actions. A ruler surround by petty person are doomed in his governance, and his people suffers due to small-mindless.”

“A perfect gentleman rules by acting virtuously himself and his pure virtue would lead others to follow his example. The ultimate goal is that government behaves much like gamily. Thus at all level, Filial Piety promotes harmony and the perfect gentleman acts as a beacon for this piety.”

----------------------------------

This week’s training with Mantis is back to free running, and you can feel the difference already. You ran faster than you were before due to the strengthened leg and everything feels much lighter compare to the buckets you carried in the previous training. Baba is now running as fast as you. His extra time with Mantis would surely let him surpass you in swoleness eventually, but this amount of progress is quite astounding! He must have trained really hard! Good job, Baba!

There was one day where Mantis said he got something to do in the city and will be back in an hour, so you two did a free running closer to the city. On the second lap, you notice a playful dog is chasing after a fox in distress near the edge of the forest.

You…
H) Fox Pelt could be a nice gift for Li Foil
I) Catch the dog for Li Foil
J) Catch both for Li Foil
K) J, but ask Baba to help catch the [fox/dog]
L) Help the fox escape
M) Help the dog catch the fox
N) Scare both of them away
O) Ignore them, you shouldn’t stray from your training
P) Write-in

----------------------------------
Evening

Nood decided to stay with you again just in case someone ask for a refund again. He comments how unusual for the number of people asking refund at this specific time every single week. Someone must be pulling a long con or a prank on you or his business.

Sure enough, a priest complained the meager amount of vegetable in his noodle. Nood walks over and slam down both palm on the table threateningly and ask, “Who sent you?”

“What?” The priest asked with puzzlement.

“Don’t play dumb on me. Who sent you?” Nood repeat his demand as he leans closer.

“Is this how you treat your customer!?” The priest asked with rising anger at the disrespectful treatment.

You…
Q. Hire the priest for Li Foil... Uh...
R. Ask the priest for Li Foil gift...
S. Write-in

----------------------------
[ Uncle Liu event pending for respond ]

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
A
K
S:
Defuse the situation

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
A
K
S: "Defend" the priest. "Such an honorable man would not come to a stall such as ours merely to make trouble! What face would he have if one such as he lowered himself to such an extent? Why, if someone were to find out, and inform his family and friends it would be a disgrace! Surely this is a misunderstanding? Perhaps he overheard something, and could tell us about it? If it were in fact a misunderstanding, there could be no loss of face involved."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Which animal should Baba go for?