Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Wicker Man posted:

You think bisexual experiences could potentially (not guaranteed! ) provide one with the perspective needed to see women and men aren't that different at their core?

My personal experience is just that men are a lot more forward. That's basically the only difference I've experienced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

LemonAIDS posted:

My personal experience is just that men are a lot more forward. That's basically the only difference I've experienced

Oh yeah, but I think that's mostly because we don't have anything holding us back.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's more that guys know when they hook up they're gonna cum.

women have to deal with men not knowing what a clit is until they're in their mid 20s or so (or don't care which is a male priv thing)

https://twitter.com/dylaina_/status/588554897471209472

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Jesus this thread went down the shitter. Post funny losers, stop being 'D&D but worse and in GBS'.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lazorexplosion posted:

Jesus this thread went down the shitter. Post funny losers, stop being 'D&D but worse and in GBS'.

quote:

He was my comrade in virginity, for he too didn’t get any attention from girls, and I’m sure he suffered from it, but not as much as I did. I was very perplexed as to why he didn’t feel any anger towards girls for denying him sex.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

lazorexplosion posted:

lazorexplosion posted:

I don't really like Bioware romances, they're structured too much like 'normal conversation, normal conversation, CHOOSE FLIRTY LINE, flirty response, resume normal conversation like nothing happened' which makes it feel like they aren't that interested because you're making all the moves and they're like OK protagonist let's get back to being serious now.

It's called the "plant and payoff"

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:pwn:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

lazorexplosion posted:

the thread is in a loop where someone posts funny losers, someone says they can't believe people are like that, pick posts an anecdote proving all men are _____, white knights agree that all men are _____, repeat.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What do you think of this study ? Is this why men were able to become dominant over time, by creating stronger bonds and not being "mean girls" ?

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2016/08/resolving-conflict-men-vs-women/

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

lazorexplosion posted:

Gotta say, I expect and take part in the derail (hell, this is GBS), but yea, the derail also has to be quality. Dolphins masturbating is a better one than...this.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Aug 11, 2016

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Carmant posted:

Well thats one way to tell youre ugly

Thanks waffleweiner, I should just replace all my mirrors with shining examples of your posts for true accuracy.

ah yes the dude herd. You can tell they are all gonna get laid because they are in a group and who wouldnt immediately get all moistened at 4 different colors of shorts AND goddamn boat shoes. :swoon:

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SneakyFrog posted:

Thanks waffleweiner, I should just replace all my mirrors with shining examples of your posts for true accuracy.

ah yes the dude herd. You can tell they are all gonna get laid because they are in a group and who wouldnt immediately get all moistened at 4 different colors of shorts AND goddamn boat shoes. :swoon:

I think the least terrible one is the guy without the hat, but the lack of a hat probably means he is the lowest in the dude herd hierarchy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I think the least terrible one is the guy without the hat, but the lack of a hat probably means he is the lowest in the dude herd hierarchy.

the apprentice of the clearly larger and more extravagantly plumed seX-Men.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I'm the hand holding the string.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Not that the gender politics and sexual agency/identity derail isn't interesting, but I think that would be best for D&D which I hear tell is just perfect for this argument and I would like to hear more about these loving dullard "nice guys" 🎩

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I know a nice guy irl, at a party he got drunk and asked a chick to hold him motherly while reading the new harry potter book to him while he makes out with her friend.

Apparently he has a thing for her since they are roommates and she is friendly towards him.

I dont know what would cause anyone to think thats a great way to show a woman you are interested because I dont hear stories about creepy outbursts leading to sex but maybe he has idk.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

Not that the gender politics and sexual agency/identity derail isn't interesting, but I think that would be best for D&D which I hear tell is just perfect for this argument and I would like to hear more about these loving dullard "nice guys" 🎩

Embrace the corruption and let it slowly envelop you. Soon it will be always in your thoughts :)

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

SneakyFrog posted:

I thought they were a group of boyish girls, so the caption really confused me. Also is the one on the left wearing a diaper?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Decebal posted:

Embrace the corruption and let it slowly envelop you. Soon it will be always in your thoughts :)

I'm gonna jump off the balcony at work and kill myself :grin:

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm gonna jump off the balcony at work and kill myself :grin:

Pointless. You'll be back in this existence the very next moment. Unless you're an arhat or something like that ?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
The crazy thing is the m'ladys have worked things out in their minds where it's completely impossible for them to be pleased unless something happens that's straight out of a romcom. For instance, these dudes totally flip out once they are denied sex but if their crush threw herself at one of them he'd probably panic, get out of it, then later tell himself it was because he misjudged her and she isn't a pure maiden. Even if she was more subtle and just started dating the guy normally their relationship would consist of her watching him play video games while he completely ignores her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

The crazy thing is the m'ladys have worked things out in their minds where it's completely impossible for them to be pleased unless something happens that's straight out of a romcom. For instance, these dudes totally flip out once they are denied sex but if their crush threw herself at one of them he'd probably panic, get out of it, then later tell himself it was because he misjudged her and she isn't a pure maiden. Even if she was more subtle and just started dating the guy normally their relationship would consist of her watching him play video games while he completely ignores her.

unrealistic expectations in the echo chamber: the m'lady story

next on brotime, the network for gentlemen

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

Why couldn't they play video games together and role-play the maiden & the knight part ?

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Decebal posted:

Why couldn't they play video games together and role-play the maiden & the knight part ?

Because gamer girls aren't real gamers! :argh:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

for me at least, it's hard to distinguish when people are railing against "the patriarchy" versus men in general

I'm not evil, I swear! I don't want to oppress anyone, I just want to be your friend! :saddowns:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SciFiDownBeat posted:

for me at least, it's hard to distinguish when people are railing against "the patriarchy" versus men in general

I'm not evil, I swear! I don't want to oppress anyone, I just want to be your friend! :saddowns:

Are you a patriarch?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you a patriarch?

no way dude i dont even believe in elves.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Decebal posted:

Because she'll probably choose Lucas when they play Smash Bros. and he'll never be able to win a match because she'll get the fan and then just button mash and he won't be able to get away no matter what character he tries. And he'll just get cranky and huffy and sullen because he's a sore loser.

Only chance I ever had when my ex and I would play would be if I picked Yoshi and made sure to chuck every loving fan out of the arena. :(

Ladies, I'm not saying "let your manchild boyfriend win" I'm just saying... Ya know maybe consider going with Diddy Kong or someone from time to time so you're evenly matched. It'll be more enjoyable for everyone.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Facebook Aunt posted:

Are you a patriarch?

I don't know

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I don't know

Check if your name is on the list, then:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_current_patriarchs

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I had a nice girl event happen to me in high school

"Well, if I was your girlfriend, I would treat you right, I'm just saying, I've heard things"

Jesus, Ellen, we're just friends and I'm just venting you, theater nerd, now you've made things weird

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Troposphere posted:

because we're told our entire life that our self worth should be tied to our appearance and a lot of times when women lash out at other women it comes from a place of deep insecurity

This is true of men too if you insert paycheck or strength for appearance. Kyriarchy is complicated.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Don't mind the salty women itt. They are just Nice Girls blaming men for their problems. It's quite ironic really.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

rakovsky maybe posted:

This is true of men too if you insert paycheck or strength for appearance. Kyriarchy is complicated.

Everyone can make more money or get stronger, though

Some people just ugly

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

rakovsky maybe posted:

The more antisocial nerds absolutely love trying to instill some kind of pecking order with passive aggressive snippy comments & all around snarky attitude.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

rakovsky maybe posted:

ElGroucho posted:

Everyone can make more money or get stronger, though

Some people just ugly

Not having a magnum dong? That seems to be the go-to insult against guys, coming from both genders, and it seems to upset the majority of them way more than being called fat or ugly or weak or broke.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

PallasAthene posted:

Not having a magnum dong? That seems to be the go-to insult against guys, coming from both genders, and it seems to upset the majority of them way more than being called fat or ugly or weak or broke.

That seems right. Nothing you can do about your dingus size, 100% genetics.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Haha remember when this thread was about nice guy pics and not about troposphere???

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

Haha remember when this thread was about nice guy pics and not about troposphere???

Someone mentioned gender politics so the beacon was activated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

That seems right. Nothing you can do about your dingus size, 100% genetics.

I dunno, see there's these commercials that sometimes come on after Adult Swim and apparently there have been some shocking advances in the world of over-the-counter ancient homeopathic sexual enhancement pharmaceuticals, and they're so confident about it, that anyone with a credit card can get a free sample...

• Locked thread