Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheKennedys posted:

I'm married so I don't want random dudes thinking I'm hitting on them or something

In my experience men are usually incapable of telling whether you're just being friendly or whether you want his dick really bad so that's not really bad logic there. Maybe it's because they're one of those people who are like 'the only reason men and women should interact is for sex purposes?' Idk.

I have a friend who's normally fine but goddamn does he ever have trouble with that. A server could be friendly to him and later he'll be like 'should I have asked her out you think?' The most innocuous thing turns into 'she wanted me I bet.'

\/\/\/ I'm def leaning towards latter and I've def missed out on opportunities that way. Oh well.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Some dudes will have a girl smile at them and immediately assume they want the d, and some dudes will have a girl hanging all over them and be like "well yeah but maybe she's just being nice and doesn't actually like me".

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

ranbo das posted:

Some dudes will have a girl smile at them and immediately assume they want the d, and some dudes will have a girl hanging all over them and be like "well yeah but maybe she's just being nice and doesn't actually like me".

It's a difficult situation

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ranbo das posted:

When I reached prime obliviousness during my younger years I somehow managed to do both at different times.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I like compliments if they're about my
clothes or makeup or whatever and not
sexual comments like nice tits, lots of dudes can't seem to tell the difference

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ranbo das posted:

I've been all over guys and had them do nothing and then move on, only for people to later tell me that I broke so-and-so's heart because they pined for me, and it's like jesus christ if I'd been hanging off their nards any harder it would be a jailable offense

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Moridin920 posted:

we had a devil's 3some

I don't think Patton Oswalt should be trying to get back into dating so soon after losing his wife.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pick posted:

I've been all over guys and had them do nothing and then move on, only for people to later tell me that I broke so-and-so's heart because they pined for me, and it's like jesus christ if I'd been hanging off their nards any harder it would be a jailable offense

why didn't you ask them out?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why didn't they ask her out if they were pining so much?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

do women really like compliments about their makeup? I thought the whole point was that it's supposed to be fingerquotes invisible. plus makeup is a patriarchal construction and women should throw it all in the trash

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't compliment people's make up unless it's like a rave or something and it's very obviously showy "event" make up, and even then only my friends or people I know.

Seems too personal idk.

Troposphere posted:

not sexual comments like nice tits, lots of dudes can't seem to tell the difference

yeah

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pick posted:

Maybe you just thought you were forward. Some guys don't get subtle hints.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Business Gorillas posted:

Moridin920 posted:

Why didn't they ask her out if they were pining so much?

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

No it's not. Both sides can be dumbasses about this. Even if the batting average is higher for guys.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Because if I like them for reasons that might include sex, then I like them for reasons that don't include sex at all, and if they never take any initiative then I don't want to gamble and risk losing everything :shrug:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Command Ant posted:

I don't think Patton Oswalt should be trying to get back into dating so soon after losing murdering his wife with food.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Moridin and Pick should fall in love, get married, live happily ever after, and never post on these forums again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

revmoo posted:

Moridin and Pick should fall in love, get married, live happily ever after, and never post on these forums again.

I have a specific end-date in mind for posting which I hoooope is not too far off :emo:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

SciFiDownBeat posted:

do women really like compliments about their makeup? I thought the whole point was that it's supposed to be fingerquotes invisible. plus makeup is a patriarchal construction and women should throw it all in the trash

yeah I don't really go for the natural look lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CrazyLoon posted:

No it's not. Both sides can be dumbasses about this. Even if the batting average is higher for guys.

Yup that's why I try to just go 'oh well, things coulda happened' and not get all 'you broke my hearttt!' about it.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

revmoo posted:

But first, chemical castration please

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i'm not single :colbert:

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 11, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

I have a specific end-date in mind for posting which I hoooope is not too far off :emo:

what's this mean :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

what's this mean :(

oh like for being on SA

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

i'm not single :colbert:

Then rest thine self, Sir Goonalot, yon battles need not be fought

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

oh like for being on SA

ok good haha I don't really blame you bb

but I will miss your good posting

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pick posted:

w-what'll happen on that end date

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Then rest thine self, Sir Goonalot, yon battles need not be fought

meh

i'm pretty sure Ayn Rand and 'love and tolerance' are not going to mix

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pick posted:

Because if I like them for reasons that might include sex, then I like them for reasons that don't include sex at all, and if they never take any initiative then I don't want to gamble and risk losing everything :shrug:

it ever occur to you that maybe they had the exact same thought on the subject?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

oh yeah for sure

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Troposphere posted:

I like compliments if they're about my
clothes or makeup or whatever and not
sexual comments like nice tits, lots of dudes can't seem to tell the difference

dudes need to take a hint from how women compliment each other

things that are generally okay to compliment:
stylish/interesting clothing or fashion sense

things that are not okay to compliment:
how much said clothing makes you want to stick your dingus in her

hell, "you look really great today" is totally fine as long as it's not followed up by something retarded like "meeee-OW!" or whatever

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

but again though the dif is she isn't on FB going 'you broke my heaart!' way after the fact

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Sometimes it's not easy to decode what women are tryin to do. I would suggest poppin out a titty to really secure a man

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
That's why you need your elders to find you a partner and take the guesswork/embarrassment out of it. Otherwise everyone is just shuffling along frustrated with no properly defined way to show attraction

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Women of the world, we're sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVQrBDcMTw

You're welcome

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

Pick don't go :(

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Decebal posted:

That's why you need your elders to find you a partner and take the guesswork/embarrassment out of it. Otherwise everyone is just shuffling along frustrated with no properly defined way to show attraction

i actually fixed this "does she or doesn't she like me?" issue by going on tinder

edit: i also ask people i think like me out on dates

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Arian_Samurai posted:

Women of the world, we're sorry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SVQrBDcMTw

You're welcome

Yikes

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

(never gonna give you up... never gonna let you goooo)

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

i actually fixed this "does she or doesn't she like me?" issue by going on tinder

edit: i also ask people i think like me out on dates

Dude here's a tip.. NEVER ask a girl out on a date. They hate that poo poo dude. Anyway cya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.

(never gonna give you up... never gonna let you goooo)

lol

• Locked thread